You’re so precious to me, Sweet as can be… (Closed)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory You’re so precious to me, Sweet as can be… (Closed)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Briarfeather let out a content sigh as her son cuddled close to her,  a fresh piece of prey between his small paws. Now that Dustypaw and his littermates were apprentices, she didn’t get to see them much. Their mentors kept them busy, and she often found herself recruited into hunting patrols. After being with her little ones practically all day every day for six moons, being apart from them all the time was hard. Sure, they were her third litterbut that meant nothing. She loved them just the same, and it would never be easy for her to let go. It would never be an easy adjustment, even if she had a hundred kits in her lifetime. She would have liked to have all of her kits around, but just Dustypaw was just as good. She figured that he would like getting all of the attention for once anyway. The two cats were just outside of camp, enjoying their nighttime meals before bed. It was a lovely night. The stars were shining brightly, and there was a nice breeze blowing. This perfect moment of peace was just what she needed.

“So…” Finally came her gentle mew as she turned to examine her son, orange eyes full of love as she looked at the little tom. “How is your training coming along? Are you getting along well with Hyenaflower? She seems like a sweet she-cat.” She gave him a smile before turning away to take a bite of the frog between her paws. She had to admit, she had missed catching her own food. “Fresh-kill tastes much better when you catch it yourself, doesn’t it?” She asked, gently nudging Dustypaw with her shoulder. She knew that the apprentice wasn’t exactly a master hunter yet, but she kind of hoped that the tom was graced with more than just her looks. She hoped that all of her kits found their niche, but she found herself really rooting for Dustypaw. Maybe it was because he looked just like her. She wasn’t sure exactly, but she knew that she would be proud of him no matter what… even if he did end up being a terrible hunter and was just a pretty face. She listened intently as he recounted his experiences as a new apprentice, allowing him time to get everything he wanted to say out.

Roach
    Participant

Dustypaw ~Shadowclan Apprentice 

A soft purr escaping him as he settles down next to his mother. It felt as if the young apprentice hadn’t seen his mother in a long time! Both seeming been busy with warrior and apprentice duties. A tired yawn escaping his maw before stealing a bite of the frog when she wasn’t looking. Flashing a cheeky grin when a roar feather caught him. Dustypaw always found it easier to be himself around her, mostly because she was his mother but also for the fact that he knew she would never judge him. Slight surprise marring his feline features when she lightly questions him on his newly duties as an apprentice. Frowning slightly at the thought of Hyenaflower; his mentor. The bright tom could easily sense that the warrior wasn’t overly thrilled to be assigned at his mentor.

It displeased him that it would seem that he already was not good enough for his mentor. Shrugging lamely as he takes yet another bite of the frog; hoping to delay his response. Chewing the rubbery meat carefully; a thoughtful look on his face as he thinks of how to word his experience so far. “Well she definitely takes her job seriously” he simply says before adding, “Oh also…I have learned I do not like water!” He laughs softly as he recalls his little tumble into the stream due to being too fascinated with a trout. “I just-I don’t know how well I am cut out for all of this” Dustypaw finally reveals with a worried sigh. Subconsciously picking at the grass beneath his paws. “I can’t help it that I’m cautious” he defends, though he knew that it wasn’t caution but fear that held him back.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Territory You’re so precious to me, Sweet as can be… (Closed)