With Power comes Great Responsibility { Firebird’s Leader Ceremony }

Forums Neutral Areas The Mooncave With Power comes Great Responsibility { Firebird’s Leader Ceremony }

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Saffie
    Participant

The moon high in the sky, Saffrongaze, the Skyclan Medicine Cat, travels alongside the future leader of her clan. The journey was silent, besides the small talk they would exchange every now and again but, Saffron didn’t feel too ‘friendsy’ with the firey tom at the moment; especially after the drama he caused during the gathering. With an ear flick, they reached the insides of the Mooncave. After a leap down, they’re greeted with the moonlight shining brightly, as if the rays of light knew what occasion was happening. She smiled lightly and faced Firebird. She gave the side of his muzzle a nose touch. She still cared for the tom, 100% and this day was special, just as much to her as it was to him. He may not feel suited to lead a clan but he wasn’t alone; he had her and the rest of Skyclan.

“Are you ready, Firebird?” She asked tenderly with a tail tip on his shoulder.

Roach
    Participant

Firebird ~ Skyclan Deputy 

Muscles tensing with each movement as the tall feline follows along with the peach molly. Silence surrounding them like a thick blanket, tensions were definitely high between the two cats. His actions at the gathering weeks ago had caused a rift between the medicine cat and the soon to be leader. In a way, Firebird understood why she was hesitant around him. He had acted rashly and foolishly during the gathering, he could not take that back, but he could try to mend his relationships with his fellow clanmates. The fiery ginger Maine Coon had not expected Blazestar’s disappearance and certainly did not expect to be heading to the moon pool in order to receive his eight extra lives and title of leader.

‘Firestar. Has a weird ring to it’ he thought to himself with a quiet sigh. Turning his cranium slightly as he eyes Saffrongaze in the corner of his ember eye. Regarding her in silence before turning away, his gaze flickering around in awe as everything around him was new to him. Crickets chirping in the night, fireflies flickering with a warm green/yellow glow in the air. Causing his ember eyes to glisten in the dim lighting, paws lightly pressing into the icy snow. Faint crunch of ice could be heard with each step of the bulky form of Firebird.

A glow caught his attention, causing his head to snap in the direction of the soft light. Eyes widening as the calming sound of water lapping against the stones surrounding the moon pool. The sight before him caused him to become entranced by it’s eerie beauty. Moving away from Saffrongaze as he peers into the pool, the glowing reflection of the moon ripples in the glassy surface. Snapping out of the trance at the feel of her cold nose pressing against his pelt. Looking over at her, ears twitching at her words. Giving her a stiff nod, “Ready as I’ll ever be” he calmly replied, his deep and smooth voice filtering through the quiet air.

Saffie
    Participant

Saffron let out a small mrrw before stepping forward toward the Moonpool. She knelt down, waiting for Fire to join her side. Lapping up the cool water showered by the moonlight, she was sent into the astral plane of Starclan. Her plum tail swished behind her as she was greeted by celestial beings of their ancestral past. But, it didn’t feel right. She knitted her eyebrows; the cats didn’t speak.

“Firebird will receive his lives, but it will be much different.” Said the silvery past mentor and Medicine Cat of Skyclan, Cloverface.

This sent a small shiver down Saffrongaze’s spine as she looked at her deputy friend.

Roach
    Participant

Turning his tall form in the peach scottie’s direction. Watching her silently as she perches at the edge of the pool and laps at the cool water. Hesitation coursing through him as he observes the medicine cat drift off in a sleep-like State. Firebird knew in theory of what he had to do next, everything was knew to him. He felt like he had no clue on what he was doing, was he truly the right choice for being the next leader of Skyclan? Firebird was not sure but it was now his duty to for-fill for his clan.

Taking a deep breath to steady his rising nerves as he approaches the moon pool. Pursing his lips before laying down beside Saffrongaze. Bending over the still water, clouded ember eyes peering back at him before he closes his eyes while lapping at the icy cold water. Suddenly his breath was knocked out of him, it felt like someone had physically shoved into him. Opening his eyes only to see darkness swarming around him, fur rising along his shoulders as he sensed something was amiss. “Hello?” His voice echoed.

Vox
    Participant

Leaving SkyClan was probably one of the hardest decisions Blazestar had ever made. The storm had taken every last ounce of hope out of her, and after breaking down, she decided her true place wasn’t as leader. So the ginger tabby left her clan, the place she had loved and called home, and returned to the twoleg home that she had originally resided in.

Even after returning to her former life and giving a weak vow to never return to clan life, she couldn’t shake the thoughts of the forest that ran through her mind. She certainly couldn’t keep her nine lives now that she wasn’t leader, since she never officially retired at the Mooncave. That was probably why she was summoned to Firebird’s leader ceremony the night that it occured.

Blazestar woke up from her sleep and was met with darkness. When she didn’t recognize her surroundings, she immediately knew that she was in the realm of StarClan, but she certainly didn’t know why. A voice echoed throughout the black space, and she immediately recognized it as Firebird’s. This must be his leader ceremony, she thought happily. What started as excitement to see her former clanmate quickly became hesitation when she considered Firebird might react negatively. After all, she had just disappeared without so much as a good bye.

“Greetings, Firebird.” The molly said hesitantly, walking in the direction of the other voice until her former deputy’s orange-red figure came into view. Realizing he might assume she was dead, Blazestar hastily added in a, “I’m alive, don’t worry,” and gave a small chuckle. “I’m here to give you my eight lives that I obtained as leader, as well as a ninth, so this may be a bit overwhelming. Just thought I’d tell you in advance.” She sighed lightly and gathered her bearings before beginning the ceremony, touching her nose to the top of his head.

“With these lives I give you the previous gifts I was given from StarClan. May they help you as you serve as leader.” Blazestar gritted her teeth and looked at Firebird worriedly as as he was filled with the sheer power of those eight gifts, one after another. Usually it was a gradual process, but there weren’t nine cats here to grant him his lives, only one. Once that process what over, Blaze placed the white tip of her tail on his shoulder comfortingly and waited for him to recover before continuing.

“And with this last life,” Blazestar looked him in the eyes with a solemn expression before touching her nose to his head again. “I give you the gift of determination. Use it well to keep leading your clan during even the toughest of times.” Her voice cracked with sadness as she said that, clearly thinking about her own situation. She didn’t want him to crumble under the pressure of leadership like she did.

“I hail you by your new name, Firestar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of SkyClan.” The many voices of SkyClan chanted Firestar! Firestar! Firestar! and Blazestar looked at him proudly, a smile upon her maw. “Farewell Firestar, may our paths cross again someday.”

And with that, she was gone.

Roach
    Participant

Darkness. Cold. Empty. Numb. Lifeless. Why is it dark? Endless dark void surrounded him, the pitch black shadows seems to never end which ever way he went. Firebird even lost perception of direction in the lightless surroundings. Furrowing his brows as he glances around, ember eyes seeing nothing. It felt empty as if he no longer existed in the physical nor the spiritual realms. That he is an lost soul, wandering aimlessly through the unknown for all of eternity. Such emptiness settled in the pit of his stomach,  gnawing anxiety seeped into his bones. This was not what he had expected when drinking from the Moonpool, he pictured a luminescent glowing plane, surrounded by fallen felines of Skyclan. Yet, loneliness is all he felt and he couldn’t help but wonder if this was starclan’s way of saying he was not worthy.

Breathing heavily, in a way he sensed the coldness around him but his sensations seemed to be limited within Starclan. He contemplated on yelling out, but knew it would not get him anywhere, it would seem that his best option was to remain patient. Though patience was not one of his best traits, this would definitely be a test for the fiery tempered tom. With defeat he settles on his rump, letting his long fluffed tail around his paws. Ears perking up as he listens to the stillness of the air. The black void slowly became comforting, the silence muffling his raging thoughts.

Just when he was ready to surrender to the darkness that was clinging onto him, the air got lighter. The pitch black shadows lightened to a grey before a figure could be seen making their way towards him. Eyes widening at the pale ginger tabby before him, his mouth drying. Clenching his jaw as he stares at his former leader; Blazestar. Blinking as he listens to her greeting and clarification that she was indeed well and had not succumbed to Starclan. Anger pulsate through his veins, his gaze hardening as he could not fathom why she would leave. How could she just abandon her duty and rank as a leader? He wished he could understand; to be able to get the full story or at least see from her point of view on leaving.

Firebird did not even have to ask where she was residing now; of course he knew of her kittypet past. No matter how hurt he was; he knew now was not the time to voice his thoughts. Swallowing deeply as he looks away from Blazestar. “I…cannot understand why you left. Though I can say; I hope that you become happier. Just know that even though I gave you a hard time. I value and respect your decision.” He muttered, though his deep voice carried in the quiet air around them. It took a lot in him to not snap at her foolishness of leaving Skyclan, he knew deep down that everything happens for a reason. Though, he was not sure on the reasoning for this. Straightening his posture at the mentioning of receiving his nine lives. Wearily staring at her before giving a subtle nod of understanding.

A loud gasp of pain escapes his dried lips. Slouching forward in agony just by a simple touch to his forehead. Yet; it felt like so much more. Part of him was ripping, tearing, and fighting to break free. His soul battled within as Blazestar transfers her extra lives into him. Firebird’s body wanted to reject the sudden intrusion, panting heavily as his chest tightened. Eyes tightly closed as rapid images of previous Skyclan felines flashed before him, seeing through the eyes of Blazestar when she had received her lives. Sharp stabbing pain pulsating through his cranium at the abruptness of the memories. Just as fast as it came, it stopped. Ears ringing; hearing his heart pump blood through his body, ragged breathing could be heard as he fought to catch his breath. Every muscle in his body ached with every quiver of his broad form.

Shuttering as his adrenaline slowly comes down. His body so overwhelmed with stimulation that he barely registered Blazestar giving him his last life. A cold chill slithered down his spine as an indication of another life being added to his soul. Slowly letting his clouded ember eyes flutter open as he looks upon his former leader. Chest heaving as his breathing slowly returned to normal. ‘Firestar…so this has really happened.’ He thought. It was odd to hear a new name leaving her lips and to also learn that his old life was no more. Firestar holds a bigger responsibility than he once held. He was no longer a deputy named Firebird; but a leader. He was now Firestar.

Standing fully on his paws, ignoring the shakiness of his legs. Puffing out his chest as he listens to the chants of his new name. Turning to say something to Blazestar; only to find her form to have disappeared into the void. Frowning as he studies where she last remained for a moment before looking away. Wherever she was now: he knew that indeed their paths would one day cross again.

Saffie
    Participant

The duty of a Leader was not going to be easy, especially for Firebird. He hadn’t been deputy for too long and he was still adjusting to his deputyship role. But now to have the leader role dropped on him so suddenly, it must be overwhelming. Saffrongaze sat on the sidelines with her former mentor and well respected past medicine cat, Cloverface. She gave the troubled medicine cat comforting pats with her tail. The silver molly explained how Firebird was going to receive his lives; all in one go instead of one by one like a normal leader ceremony. She didn’t enjoy this; receiving lives was a painful process and to receive eight in one go… She felt sympathy for him, forgetting about the past’s problem he caused at the gathering. He needed her now more than ever. She watched as Blazestar approached from the astral shadows.

Let it begin…

Saffrongaze found it hard to watch this process; Firebird’s body heaving and breathing hard as pain shot through his body. She was tempted to run to him and sweep her tongue across his body but she stayed on the sidelines for now.

Once Blazestar disappeared into the mist of the Stars to live out her life, Saffrongaze approached Firestar, pressing her nose to his. “That must’ve been super hard, Firestar.” She mewed softly, a sympathetic ring in her tone.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~ Skyclan Leader

He was not sure if his physical form would feel the after affects of receiving his extra lives. Firestar could not tell the difference between his astral form to his actual form, the pain he had just felt was too real to only affect his spiritual body.  His breathing had calmed down, but his nostrils still flared and his chest heaved to take in the fresh air. Licking his dry lips, rough tongue running along his palate, trying to create moisture in his mouth. Silence filled the air, not has tense as it once was. He could definitely feel the lightness to everything around him.

With his senses heightened, he sensed Saffrongaze approaching him. Turning his large head slightly as he eyes her quietly. The ginger Tom did not know what to say, all of his energy had been sucked out of him. Leaving a fatigued shell of the new leader. Closing his reddish orange eyes as he feels her pressing her nose against his, sighing softly as for some reason that little gesture of comfort numbed some of his pain. “I’ll be fine” his voice cracked and hoarse as he replied. Rolling his shoulders, his shoulder blades becoming more prominent in the movement, stretching his stiff form before looking at the Medicine cat.

His gaze lacked emotion, malaise taking over, opening his mouth but hesitating for a moment. “I know you worry about me being leader.” He started. “ I am going to do my best, but I am not perfect. So don’t think I will be. I will learn as I go on how to be the best that I can. I hope StarClan guides me down the right path” Firestar spoke, his tone quiet yet sounded of normal volume within the astral realm of StarClan. “ Now…how do I get out of here?” He wondered with a faint smirk.

Saffie
    Participant

Saffrongaze listened to her new leader’s words and gave a settled nod. She knew Firestar was far from ready to take on such a big role but she knew he could do it, in due time, with Starclan as a guide. She pulled her nose back a tad and gave a small smile, finding it brave and somewhat heroic that he still pushed forward despite his own fears and lack of experience. To lead an entire clan… It must be hard. But, he wouldn’t be alone; he’d have his medicine cat and whoever he chose to be the next deputy —  if he had someone in mind.

Saffrongaze booped his nose once more with her forepaw, her guidance helping him go back into the real world, where she opened her azurite eyes, blinking them a few times to adjust from being in the astral plane of Starclan to the real world. She stretched out her body, giving a small yawn before getting to her paws and joining Firestar by his side.

“Art thou ready, sir Firestar?” She joked, gently prodding at his shoulder with her tail.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~ Skyclan Leader

His tired gaze stayed on Saffrongaze, watching her carefully as he knew that she more than likely had mixed feelings about him now being leader. Though, he could not afford to let the weight of uncertainty carry him down. It will not be easy, but Firestar was more than ready for Starclan to bring it on. There would be many challenges in the future that he will have to face; some as a clan and some alone. All he could do was take it one step at a time. Right now; his next step was to head back to Skyclan and announce his new role as well as appointing another fellow warrior has his new deputy.

It seemed that this was going to be his second challenge. Firestar faintly wondered how Blazestar had decided that he was the best and logical feline to become her deputy. Brows furrowing just at the thought and sudden stress weighing him down. Feeling the peach Scottie pull away, caught his attention. Eyes widening as he watches her astral form fade away into nothing. Shortly after he feels a pull; knowing his breath away as his spiritual forms leaves Starclan to return to his physical form. Eyes snapping open as he glances around, his muscles aching from receiving his extra lives. Sighing in slight disappointment that his fatigue and soreness carried on into the physical realm of the living.

Rising stiffly to his paws, pins and needles shooting up his backlegs as his limbs had fallen numb. Shaking his form to get blood circulating once more before looking in Saffrongaze’s direction. A half smirk appearing on his handsome features, “I’m ready. Let’s go home”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Neutral Areas The Mooncave With Power comes Great Responsibility { Firebird’s Leader Ceremony }