Where’s My Tiger? (Dark and Tiger)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Where’s My Tiger? (Dark and Tiger)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Darkberry ~ ThunderClan Warrior

She was silently relieved that Vinepaw had retreated as soon as Hollystar and Wisteriastar began to separate from one another. Vinepaw had been a worthy opponent, her pelt felt heavy from the blood that was still spewing from her deep wounds upon her back. The cool touch of the air kept burning at her skin, causing her to feel uncomfortable, wincing slightly as she glanced down at her slender paw which was stinging from the bite wounds that she had received as well. That little ankle bitter. She thought gruffly before she lifted her chin at the sound of Peachblossom’s angry voice, her harsh words thrown towards Wisteriastar. Murderer..? She thought questioningly, arching a slender brow as she limped forward, stepping around another panting ThunderClan Warrior before she had spotted the lifeless form of Antlercreek. Her body froze, dark orange eyes trainings on the still stomach of the elderly tomcat. He had been the ThunderClan deputy for a time and she had always respected the male. “Oh no..” She whispered softly, shoulder drooping with regret as she gazed upon the Tom as another round of chaos erupted around her.

RiverClan was retreating, cats were rushing past her at a hurried pace as they no longer wished to partake within the battle now that Wisteriastar had called for a retreat. However, she was no longer concerned about the RiverClan warriors, her mind was stuck on Tigerstrike. Where was he? “Tigerstrike..” she whispered under her breath, eyebrows furrowing as she lifted her chin, standing on her tip toes as she gazed around the battle ground that had been held just outside of their own camp. Darkberry looked around, her eyes flickering from one cat to the other but none were the muscular dark brown tabby Tom that she was desperately needing. “Tigerstrike?” She called out, pupils narrowing as she felt a string of panic being pulled at her chest as she continued to peer at the many pelts within the small area. Was he even here? Had he been far away when the fighting occurred? Even through her pain, making sure her best friend was safe seemed to be her main concern.

Rookfall
    Participant

Tigerstrike

Maybe they were right?

Maybe Kass–Bluefire?–did steal the fish. Maybe she did cross the border and contaminate the lines between Clans. Who cares what she did? What mattered was RiverClan attacked. They came for peace talks…supposedly. RiverClan left with scars and an enemy. They had blood on their paws, now that their former deputy and a damn good warrior lay dead in their camp. Tigerstrike watched as the blood trickled from the wounsd and matted his dark fur. Pain laced his gaze. He had looked up to Antlercreek his entire life. Antlercreek had been one of the first warriors he saw in his life, and as the deputy throughout his apprenticeship, he had gained more than reputation and respect. He gained the love and loyalty of his Clanmates. He deserved a proper burial as he began his eternal vigil. He knew his father, Turtlebelly, would be heartbroken as he helped the rest of the elders bury a Clanmate. 

He had not been here for the whole battle, but he gained bits and pieces of what had happened from the others around him. They were furious, they were confused, and they were wary. No one knew who to trust. Should RiverClan’s word be trusted after a war in the camp? Should Kass be trusted, since she wasn’t Clanborn? Tigerstrike mirrored their thoughts, but once he noticed a frantic figure, all of his thoughts evaporated. There had been a tension held taut in his muscles since RiverClan announced their retreat. It was relieved as soon as Darkberry crossed his vision, and he heard the word that slipped from her mouth again and again. His name. She was worried about him. “Darkberry!” He called, his golden eyes flashing with warmth. His heart ached almost as much as the wounds gouged into his shoulders and side, remnants of the warrior he had tussled with. “Thank the stars, you’re safe!” He purred. The broad tabby tom brushed his head against hers, his joy evident in the thundering purr rising in his throat. “I am…incredibly pleased to see you are okay.” He admitted quite awkwardly, taking a step back to offer a gentle smile. A mixture of nerves, glee, and embarrassment clashed together as wildly as a hurricane, but he did not wave it away. He embraced the feeling, albeit meekly. 

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Dark orange eyes kept flickering around the heads of cats before she heard a certain deep voice that rang out towards her left, chin instantly snapping in the direction of the voice. Suddenly Tigerstrike came into view, knocking some air back into her lungs as she was instantly relieved to see him alive and moving. “Oh thank the stars.” She whispered under her breath, even though her heart was still beating wildly from the panic attack that had almost gripped her heart in a tight hold. What would she had done if she hadn’t found him? Darkberry blinked away that thought as she rushed towards the large tomcat, although she didn’t have to move very far as Tigerstrike quickly bounded across the clearing, closing the distance between them. She was surprised to see the amount of relief and glee that he held upon his face, clearly he had been worried about her as well, and for whatever reason that made her feel warm within her chest. 

Just the sound of his purr was enough to relax her, eyes immediately closing as he pushed his large head against her own in a very affectionate manner. Although, she didn’t dare pull away as she leaned into the warmth of Tigerstrike, a purr tickling the back of her throat. “I’m fine.. I’m fine.” She reassured him, something about his tone expressed that he had been really worried and she felt that she needed to reassure him. Shifting back when he moved away from her suddenly, his expression and voice seemed a bit awkward, although she had no idea why he suddenly seemed a bit stand offish, but she ignored it as she looked towards his shoulder. “I’ll be okay.” She admitted, offering him a small smile as she gently rubbed her muzzle against his shoulder blade in an affectionate manner. Ignoring the throbbing pain in her back, she looked at his bleeding shoulder and frowned. “You’re hurt.. we should get Peachblossom to take a look at this.” Darkberry frowned, usually she was more light hearted, but her heart was heavy with concern for her Tom. 

Rookfall
    Participant

Tigerstrike

He didn’t want to lean on her, physically or emotionally. It felt odd. It felt odd to need someone as much as he needed her, yet here he was. He breathed in her scent. It was a contrast of spicy, sweet, and refreshing. It brought him comfort, after several minutes of hearing blood-curdling screeching. This was not his first battle, but he was not used to fighting for real. As a kit, he always expected it to be glorious. He expected to be fueled by adrenaline and to drive back the bad guys to save his Clanmates, but there had been no glory in the sickening scent of spilled blood. There was no glory in hearing the screams of pain from cats who looked and sounded like his ThunderClan friends. There was no glory in seeing a warrior dead. There was no glory in having to seek refuge in his best friend, the only cat in the forest who could settle his fears and calm his heart. Her touch was warm, soft, and safe, and he felt himself leaning into it as she returned the contact he had momentarily spurned. Tigerstrike followed her gaze to the blood clotting in his side. and the faint scratches on his shoulders. They would heal. Perhaps he would have scars? Would Darkberry like them? Why do I care?

“Not tonight,” he mewed. His eyes flickered across the camp to find the medicine cat, but she was nowhere to be found. No doubt she was preparing herself for the slew of warriors needing treatment, some of which needed it more than himself. “I do not suffer from my wounds, like some cats. I got here only a few moments before RiverClan retreated. Hawkpaw found my patrol out in the forest, and…I had to get here as fast as I could.” He didn’t want to tell her that she had been on his mind the entire race to camp. He had been so fearful to find her being torn apart by RiverClan cats, or worse. Tigerstrike flicked his gaze to her pelt, where he noticed her wounds. He stepped forward to draw his tongue over the few scratches along her shoulders, then swiped a lick over her ears. “Who did you fight? You are shredded.” He teased her, his golden eyes glinting with a mild, tentative humor. 

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

She felt comforted when he didn’t lean away from her touch this time, her dark orange eyes scanned the wound carefully. Of course, it was only a flesh wound and he would be just fine… but it still bothered her that his blood had been drawn at all. Tigerstrike’s deep voice comforted her as she continued to look at the wound, leaning forwards for a moment as she gently licked the wound, cleaning it of debris for a moment. “Well okay… it’ll leave a lovely scar though.” She grinned in amusement as she looked up at him, noticing that his gaze was soft until he noticed her bloody pelt. Oh… right. She was reminded that her pelt was heavy from the damp blood from her wounds along her shoulders and back, where Vinepaw had scored her claws numerous times into her skin. As he stepped forward and rasped his warm and yet rough tongue along her scratches, she winced. Feeling her pelt twitched with the sting of being cleaned, her knees felt suddenly weak from the contact. 

Slowly her knees gave out from both pain and exhaustion, this wasn’t her first battle, but no one was ever accustomed to pain. She had found Tigerstrike and besides a mild wound to his shoulder and side, he was perfectly fine. Darkberry found comfort in that as she sat down heavily, her shoulders hunching for a moment before she felt his tongue rasp over her ears. She felt woozy but she wouldn’t dare mention that now, she didn’t think she was the worst one injured. As he licked her ear, she felt another small sting from where Vinepaw had created a nick in her left ear. “An apprentice, Vinepaw. She was a worthy opponent… I couldn’t shake her off.” She admitted with a sheepish smile, before she leaned forwards to rest her forehead against his chest to calm her heart and the dull throb within her head. “Gave her… a good scar though.” She added, ears dropping to the back of her crown as the earth kept feeling like it was dropping from under her paws, but the warmth seeping from Tigerstrike kept her aware of what was going on. She hadn’t lost too much blood, but enough. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Where’s My Tiger? (Dark and Tiger)