What a Pretty Face [bumblexmaggie]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp What a Pretty Face [bumblexmaggie]

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Shy.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Shy
    Participant
    Bumblenose
    Warrior of Windclan

It was near sundown when Bumblenose arrived in the nursery, and Dandelionstem knew she was coming before she ever reached the opening; the heavy footfall of her daughter as familiar to her as the beating of her own heart. “Good afternoon, dear,” the queen chimed, her voice both soft and delicate. When the large striped warrior squeezed through the entrance, she nearly blocked out the remaining light. Bumblenose kneeled onto the floor in front of her mother, dropping the plump vole that was clamped between her jaws. “Good afternoon, mother. How has your day bee—“ her sentence was cut short, and her attention was now on that of the newcomer. Of course, she wasn’t necessarily new, just new to her. While Wolfstar had welcomed her into the clan a short time ago, this was the first time Bumblenose had seen of her. A flush crept onto her checks at that. Clearing her throat, the warrior decided to at least introduce herself to make things less awkward now that she had been staring. What made matters even worse was that the she-cat was admittedly cute. “My deepest apologies,” she began in a formal tone, “We haven’t met. My name is Bumblenose.”

Chris
    Participant

The recently christened Magnoliabreeze lifted her head up, from where she had rested her chin hanging over the lip of her mossy nest. She did love her new name. Magnoliabreeze. An extension of her prior moniker of just ‘Maggie”, the name given by her old human owners. Magnoliabreeze felt like the missing half of that name. Just as being here had completed her in so many ways she could never have imagined back in her old life.

“H-hello there.” She mewed timidly, shifting in her bed. She’d rarely spoken to anyone outside of the nursery. It had become known to her, over time, that Queens joining the Clans for easy kitten care was not unusual. But that it usually ended with the Queen running out on her offspring, saddling the Clan with their welfare. I’m not leaving my kits no matter what. I’ve gone through too much to have them here. Her baby blue eyes seemed to reflect this determination not to be seen as duplicitous, as they fixed lightly on Bumblenose.

“You’re Bumblenose, aren’t you? Dandelionstem talks about you a lot. You all have such interesting names…Bumblenose is quite cute.” She seemed to realize how forward her choice of words has been belatedly, and her pink ears deepened in their rosy hues.

Shy
    Participant
    Bumblenose
    Warrior of Windclan

Glancing over at her daughter, Dandelionstem decided to properly introduce the two. “Dear, this is Magnoliabreeze.”

“Magnoliabreeze,” Bumblenose answered evenly. It was a fitting name to say the least.

“M’hm.” Dandelionstem nodded with a soft smile before sitting up, deciding to eat somewhere more quiet. “I’ll leave you two to chitchat.”

With her mother gone, Bumblenose carefully took in the newcomer’s facial appearance; flawless golden patches and bright, blue eyes. Those same eyes, while seemingly soft and innocent, held a fire to them, and that alone had such a profound, visceral effect on her. There was nothing more attractive than a she-cat with true grit and valor. By now her cheeks were burning with embarrassment at how discomposed she’d become by someone she’d just met.

“Thank you,” the warrior swallowed hard, attempting to keep her voice steady, “If I may, yours is rather stunning.” After carefully returning the compliment, her her eyes were inexplicably drawn to the swell of her belly. “Oh,” her voice almost sounded surprised, “I see that you’re expecting.”

Chris
    Participant

Magnoliabreeze held the other she-cats eyes for a long as she could, before finally the other moved her gaze. She felt a flush of satisfaction, and some other strange stirring emotion in her chest. And when Bumblenose made mention of her pregnancy, she felt embarrassed for some reason.

“Oh, yes.” She mewed nervously. “It’s my first litter. The other Queens say birth is hard…I’m a little scared.” Admitted the small, plump Queen. She had many worries about the birth. What if the kits weren’t healthy? What if they got…stuck? So much could go wrong!

Yet, she was at the point of no return on this one.

I just hope none of them look like him.

Shy
    Participant
    Bumblenose
    Warrior of Windclan

You absolute mousebrain. Of course she’s pregnant. Why else would she be in the nursery? The large warrior nervously cleared her throat, berating herself for being so daft. However, when the queen told her that this would be her first litter, the she-cat’s ears pricked up, her honey eyes glowing with interest. “Really? I’ve never had any kits of my own so I couldn’t begin to tell you,” she admitted, a soft reassuring smile soon appearing on her lips, “but you’ve got some of the best medicine cats in the clans, and my mother to help guide you through it.”

As confident as she seemed, pregnancy and birth seemed like an uncomfortable and terrifying process altogether. Bumblenose’s parents wanted her to eventually carry on the family bloodline, yet the idea made her stomach queasy. If there was anything could do to help Magnoliabreeze feel more at ease, though, she would smile for her benefit.

“I’m sure everything will be just fine,” the warrior reassured her, doing her best to comfort the new queen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp What a Pretty Face [bumblexmaggie]