Walk and Talk (Clouded & Snapping)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Willow Grove Walk and Talk (Clouded & Snapping)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

CloudedMoon ~ ShadowClan Warrior

Dainty paws were gently digging into the soft soil of the RiverClan Willow Grove, her paws a bit more well defined now that she had a few extra pounds weighing her down from being a moon and a week pregnant. Pupils narrowed as she felt the tall grass kiss the bottom of her swollen stomach while her chin tilted for her pale green eyes to flicker towards that of a tall and broad dark red bengal tomcat. “If I have to continue and smell fish, I might just die.” She complained outwardly, her small pale pink nose scrunched up in disgust as the cats were clearly waiting for the flood waters to disappear from the tunnels that they used daily. Slowly her ears pinned back against the crown of her head as she glanced towards her brother, whom had been rather quiet than usual.

Shifting slightly, the tall she-cat walked into the pale light of the sun that was peeking through the large fluffy white clouds perched high in the sky. Her pelt was a pale brown and grey coloring with distinctive leopard like spots decorating her pelt as so was in her genetics. Grunting slightly as her movements were slower than usual and she found that as her stomach grew, she had begun to waddle. Long tail curling over her back for a moment before she glanced at the large tomcat. “You’ve been awfully quiet as of late.” She muttered softly, shifting to gently bump her shoulder blade against his own while smiling softly. Something seemed to have been bothering her brother for a little over a week and she found herself becoming worried and protective over her siblings. Perhaps it was her hormones kicking in, but she had always been close with Snappingfox.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Snappingfox had only been half listening to his dear sister. His focus was elsewhere, far beyond RiverClan’s borders. About a moon ago, he officially took Ash as a mate, but he hadn’t seen her since. That night had been the only time he had been able to sneak away. He had gotten a serious earful from his father about being out all night, but he easily got away with it by simply saying he had gotten lost in RiverClan’s unfamiliar territory. He had intended to slip away today, but he was caught by Cloudedmoon. Hopefully she would be ready to head back soon so he could leave. His ears pricked when the she-cat bumped him, and he moved to bump her back- but stopped. He couldn’t be as rough with her as he used to. His claws flexed as the thought entered his mind. He wanted nothing more than to rip Smokebelly’s face off.

“Oh, it’s nothing,” He rumbled, whiskers twitching. “Just thinking about… a friend. That’s all.” The red tom stopped to stretch, groaning softly as his joints cracked due to the cold weather. He quietly looked towards the river, tail swishing from side to side. He was tired, to be completely honest. Most of his waking hours were spent on patrols to find a new home back in their own territory, and at night, he was restless. He hated being so far from the cat he loved. He sighed and began to groom himself, nose scrunching at the fishy smell that clung to his pelt. “As much as I hated the mountains, I’d rather be up there than down here, sharing a den with fish-faces! I smell worse than Skunkpaw!” He spat, eyes narrowing in contempt for their RiverClan hosts.

Feared
    Participant

Cloudedmoon ~ ShadowClan Warrior

She could feel her eyes narrowing as she watched Snappingfox, his eyes seemed a bit unfocused and even his movements were a bit slower than usual. Only when she had bumped him, his eyes suddenly cleared and his ears stood up as he tried to make sense of her last sentence. A friend..? Well that sounds fake. Cloudedmoon muttered to herself, eyeing him for a moment as her lips split. “Uh huh… a friend.” She mused softly, her narrowed eyes watching him for a moment before she looked away from him. He clearly wasn’t focused on much today and even while they were walking he didn’t seem very interested in her company but she wasn’t going to let this go so easily. She wasn’t their parents.

As Snappingfox stopped to stretch out his muscular body, Cloudedmoon slowly lowered her rump to sit down, her ankles aching from being sore but honestly it felt good to be moving around. Gazing off into the distance, she hummed an agreement with his statement about his smell, causing her to glance at him for a moment before she casually shrugged. “True.. but then again you are usually so carefully groomed that there isn’t a scent to be found on you.” Cloudedmoon smiled sweetly, although her words were sharp and pointed. She wasn’t a fool, she had only become closer with her brother since the death of their sister, BlazeMoon. She had noticed when he slipped off in the night or from his patrol in ShadowClan, but it was more so noticeable for her while they stayed in RiverClan. Wherever he was going, it was much farther away because of their stay in RiverClan but she didn’t push him too much, instead she lowered her chin and casually licked at her chest. She truly just wanted to make him uncomfortable, her pale green eyes looking at him.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

He snorted at her tone, eyeing his sister with slight annoyance. “Contrary to popular belief, Cloudedmoon, I do have friends,” He said, flicking her in the muzzle with his tail as he nonchalantly examined his claws. “Thought of any names for the little furballs yet?” He asked, gesturing to Cloudedmoon’s swollen belly. He hoped that getting her talking about the little toads would end the conversation about his “friend”. It wasn’t any of her business anyway. “You should name one after me, your brave, powerful, handsome brother~” He teased, smirking playfully. The young warrior’s humbleness knew no bounds.

He stuck his tongue out at his littermate, chuckling at her reaction to his joke. He moved to a laying position, humming to himself as he got comfortable. He looked up at her innocently, curling his tail around himself.

Feared
    Participant

She smirked slightly, whiskers twitching when his tail flicked her muzzle, causing her to roll her pale green eyes. “I have yet to see them. They must be imaginary.” Cloudedmoon snickered softly, her eyes narrowing for a moment as Snappingfox changed the subject, causing her to huff in annoyance for a moment before she shrugged. “No… no I have not. Mom said she would help me name them once they were born.” She sighed, giving in to his questioning. Usually the mother and father over a litter worked together to name their kits, but the father of her kits didn’t want anything to do with them and quite frankly… she didn’t care what Smokebelly thought.

Cloudedmoom groaned when her brother went on to say that she should name at least one of her kits after him, smirking softly as she reached out a paw and lightly smacked his ear. “Oh yeah. Grumpykit sounds wonderful.” She sneered, giving him a look as he stuck his tongue out at her, tail lashing behind her for a moment. “Your annoying.” Cloudedmoon huffed, sitting upright caused her stomach to appear more swollen, although she had a mere three weeks before her little toads joined the world and she couldn’t wait. “You have been demoted as their uncle.” She grinned, clearly teasing as she finally lowered herself into a laying position, easing the tension off her swelling ankles.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Snappingfox grinned deviously as his sister called him annoying. “Oh Cloudedmoon, you wound me so,” he mewed in a hurt tone, dramatically touching his forehead with the back of his paw as he rolled over onto his back. When she ‘demoted’ him, the tom scrunched his nose, playfully rolling his eyes. “Alright, I’ll remember that if I ever have little fuzzballs of own. I’ll show you demoted.” he teased, giving her shoulder a jab with his paw. He had never considered himself the father type, but if it did ever come to that, he knew he’d be a better father than Smokebelly. That name left a bad taste in his mouth. A taste worse than all the fish he had been forced to eat in the last moon combined.

“I’d like to give him a piece of my mind.” He grumbled out loud, face suddenly growing serious. “I’m surprised his pelt isn’t being used to line our mother or father’s nests already.” It was no secret that Hollowflame and Briarfeather were not pleased with Cloudedmoon’s sad excuse for a mate, but Snappingfox had never actually voiced his own distaste for Smokebelly. “Hell, I’m sure even Saplingskies wants to rip Smokebelly’s tail off.” The mental image made him snicker a bit. Saplingskies was a small, peaceful cat, but he definitely had their mother’s temper. Seeing the little tom really angry was a surprisingly frightening experience. He secretly hoped that if anybody got a chance to rip into Smokebelly, it would be Saplingskies.

Feared
    Participant

Oh, how she hated that smile, that devious grin that was her Littermates signature smile. “Don’t look at me like that, you know it’s true.” She grinned, lifting her chin up while her pupils narrowed to slits as her brother played out his dramatics, causing her to roll her eyes to the heavens. Although a small laugh did leave her lips for a moment. “You definitely look wounded.” She grinned in amusement, allowing her chi in to tilt to the right for a moment before Snappingfox spoke about having kits of his own, of how she would be demoted. “Demoted? Ha! Your kits would love me. Aunty Cloudedmoon.” She jabbed at her brother, although she couldn’t really see her brother being the father-type.. but if it ever did happen she was lookin forward to that future. Grinning softly for a moment as she licked her lips and looked towards the tomcat as he poked at her shoulder, but she didn’t mind.

Sighing softly she leaned back against the soft earth below her, eyes closing for a moment as she soaked in the brief warmth of the shifting sun before the rays were hidden once more. Ears standing up as her brothers voice reached her, grunting softly before she opened her eyes and looked towards Snappingfox. No one within her family was happy at all towards Smokebelly, and she couldn’t blame them, she wasn’t even happy. Although her supposed didn’t want their kittens, she loved their growing kittens. She started to chew on the inside of her cheek as her Littermate vented outloud, speaking of their mother and father. Briarfeather and HollowFlame had been furious when they found out that Smokebelly didn’t want anything to do with the kittens and even renounced his feelings for Cloudedmoon in doing so. “Honestly… I’m surprised as well.” She agreed, eye’s shifting to glance at her growing stomach. A laugh burst from her lips when she mentally pictured Saplingskies curious. Their older brother was a short tomcat with a mighty mane of fur surrounding his neck and shoulders, and feathering his tail. She could just imagine her brothers fur standing up at odd angles and his blue eyes wild with rage. “That is both.. hilarious and terrifying.” She giggled, grinning as her laughs died down, but she sighed softly. “I’ll admit… it is a bit lonely without a mate. But I knew… that Smokebelly had no desire to be a father in the beginning.. I don’t blame him.” She meowed softly, even though she didn’t blame him for wanting distance, it still stung. Shifting slightly in her laying position, she scooted closer to Snappingfox, eyes bright. “Quick, your paw!” She exclaimed, guiding his large paw over her swollen stomach to feel small and faint movements against the wall of her womb. “But I don’t regret this. Without him.. I wouldn’t have these little darlings.” Cloudedmoon smiled, although her eyes were still clouded and sad.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Snappingfox started to grumble something else about Smokebelly when Cloudedmoon suddenly took his paw and pressed it to her belly. He squinted in confusion at first, but his eyes widened when he felt the movement. His face softened and he let out a warm purr, eyes closing briefly. “Well… I suppose Smokebelly did something good…” He mumbled, slowly pulling his paw away as the movement stopped.

His thoughts drifted back to Ash for a moment. Would she be the mother of his own kits some day? To be honest… he would like that. He wondered if she’d be willing to leave her twolegs for him. “I don’t know what’s wrong with Smokebelly. I’d like to have kits of my own some day. If Ash told me she was going to have kits, I-“ His mouth suddenly slammed shut when he realized what he just said. Oh no. Snappingfox’s whole body tensed up as his pelt grew burning hot with embarrassment. The secret was out. The whole clan would know before sunrise.

Feared
    Participant

She smiled and purred at her brothers reaction to feeling the movements of her kits, chin tilting for a moment as she gave a faint nod. “Or something.” She mused with a grin, looking away from him as she stretched out her body, splaying her toes out against the ground. Upon hearing him speak once more, she froze, ears standing upright as she processed the little information that had accidentally slipped from his mouth. Ash. She thought mentally, playing with the name within her head as the name indicated wither a rogue or kittypet. Slowly she looked towards her brother, he looked shocked and humiliated with himself that he had let his guard down.

Chin tilting she found a smile was beginning to make its way onto her face as she eyed him curiously. “So this friend does have a name, Ash. It’s a very lovely name, I’m guessing she has a grey pelt? Oooo, lovely.” She purred, eye’s narrowing as her brother stared at her. “Oh, come on. I knew something was up with you, and with how pouty you’ve been it could only be because of a female.” She snickered, crossing her paws as she eyed the large dark red and black spotted tomcat. “Took you long enough to tell me, though. I’m impressed.” She sighed softly, eyeing him for a moment. “She must be a very special she-cat.” Cloudedmoon commented, lowering her chin to lick at her chest.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

“Please don’t tell mom and dad,” Snappingfox mewled quietly, almost sounding like a young apprentice who got caught doing something wrong. “I know its against the code, but I love her. Mom and dad will make me stop seeing her if they find out.” He gave his sister a pleading look, hoping that she would have mercy on him. Cloudedmoon didn’t seem upset or disappointed in him, which caught him by surprise. He allowed himself to relax just a bit, chuckling nervously at her assumptions of what Ash looked like.

“Her pelt is grey with a slight blue tint, and she has darker speckles along her back. Her eyes are green like fresh new-leaf grass…” He let out a soft purr, getting lost in his thoughts. “And she has the softest fur I’ve ever felt in my life. I’ve never seen a she-cat as lovely. I doubt any cat will ever be able to compare.” His normally fiery gaze was shimmering with adoration as he described his mate to Cloudedmoon. “I’ll have to introduce you someday. You two would get along fantastically.”

Feared
    Participant

Cloudedmoon ~ ShadowClan Queen

Pale green eyes searched Snappingfox’s face as he sheepishly asked her not to tell their parents about this Ash, causing her whiskers to twitch as she knew the tone of voice he was using. He had been caught and was trying to get her to see his side of the story, but the problem was she was already on his side. Siblings stuck together, even if it meant keeping a large secret. “You are right about that… mom and dad wouldn’t be very happy at all.” She muttered softly, chin tilting for a moment as she glanced towards him and gave a small smile. “It’ll be our little secret.. but be careful, Snappingfox. ShadowClan isn’t kind to outsiders.” She warmed her brother in a soft tone, chin tilting for a moment as Snappingfox began to describe Ash’s outwardly appearance.

Ash certainly sounded like a beautiful she-cat but what was so surprising was the way he described her, it gave her the sense of his love he held for the molly. But it also told her that Ash wasn’t a rogue, rogues were not so kind, she had to be a kitty pet. CloudedMoon stayed quiet while he spoke, giving a small smile when he mentioned that perhaps she could meet Ash. “Wow… I didn’t know Snappingfox’s could do that.” She snickered softly, poking her brothers shoulder blade. “Fall in Love.” She explained, leaning towards him as she licked his shoulder blade in a sign of sibling affection. Sighing softly as the tip of her tail twitched, “If we weren’t so far away and I wasn’t pregnant I would say lead on!” She laughed softly, watching him softly before she gave a small nod. “Your kits will be lucky to have a father that loves them so.” Cloudedmoon sighed wistfully, if Snappingfox could be such a loving mate and father maybe there was hope for Smokebelly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Willow Grove Walk and Talk (Clouded & Snapping)