Vine and Burnt Warrior Ceremony (OPEN)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Vine and Burnt Warrior Ceremony (OPEN)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tori
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R –

RiverClan had been through a lot these past few sunrises. Her heart was heavy with the outcome of the battle in ThunderClan, an unnecessary battle that had resulted in the death of Antlercreek, the former ThunderClan deputy and a well respected senior warrior among his ranks, as well as Swiftstream, the daughter of one of her warriors, Blankstone. Not only that, but they had returned home after the battle, their bodies and prides wounded, to find that their medicine cat, Hickoryroot, had suddenly become deathly ill and had ultimately succumbed to the illness. Now, RiverClan was stuck with high tensions against ThunderClan and many wounded warriors of their own without a viable healer to help them. That being said, they were lucky enough to have a strong friendship with ShadowClan, and her personal friend Saplingskies was selfless enough to stay with them and tend to their wounds. She felt incredibly indebted to ShadowClan for their help and she would have to express this to them properly later. 

But today was a new day and RiverClan would not be held down by the negatives this moon had blanketed them in. Not as long as she was leader. As long as she had lives to spare, RiverClan would prosper. Wisteriastar had enough of waiting around in her den, lost in her thoughts and decided that now was a good time to spread some positivity in her Clan. Two of her warriors had come to her recently and mentioned that they had been incredibly proud of how their apprentices had handled themselves in the battle against ThunderClan and she couldn’t have agreed more. It was time to make them warriors. Her lithe body dipped in a smooth stretch as she left her nest and exited her den, walking out onto the top of the Waterfall Rock that peered over the top point of their camp. “Let all cats old enough to swim gather beneath Waterfall Rock for a Clan meeting!” She called out, her voice booming off the rocks that sheltered their home.

Roach
    Participant

Burntpaw ~Riverclan Apprentice 

A soft tired sigh escapes the she-cat as she ungracefully rolls out of her nest. Shivering ever so slightly as her warm paws come in contact with the frozen ground. Clenching her jaw as she slips out of the apprentice den, blinking her sage green eyes several times. Licking her lips, her throat dry as she makes her way towards the center of camp. Her petite form prickling with excitement at the sudden buzz within camp. Wisteriastar was commencing a clan meeting! Burntpaw was unsure of what the meeting was about; she assumed it would have to be about the aftermath of the battle in Thunderclan. Easily pushing her way through as she spots the grey form of her sister; “Vinepaw!” She calls out with a goofy grin.

Lightly shoving her sister’s shoulder as she stops beside her. “I wonder what the clan meeting is about!” She couldn’t help but mutter to Vinepaw. Rustic brown ears flicking with sensitivity at all the whispering and talking going on all around them.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinepaw had already been waiting impatiently in the middle of camp. She sat on her haunches with her long tail wrapped around her body and resting at her paws, the tail tip twitching. Her long facial scar from the ThunderClan and RiverClan battle was still trying to heal properly, the skin pink and sensitive with hardly any fur growing back. Her shoulder wound, however, had finally healed and gave her no issues during the warrior assessment. She finished the test skillfully with no failures, even exceeding her own standards. Now, she would become a warrior. Creekfrost informed Wisteriastar of her progress not too long ago. Training for this day had been her life since she turned six moons old, and now her hard work was going to pay off with a name she would be proud of. 

After staring at the leader’s den for quite a while, the sight of Wisteriastar stepping out almost made Vinepaw jump enthusiastically, but she kept herself calm. Finally! The gray-toned she-cat swiveled her head around to try and catch a glimpse of her sister, purring with amusement at the sight of Burntpaw stepping out of the apprentices’ den groggily. When she sat beside her, Vinepaw flicked Burntpaw’s shoulder with her tail. “Didn’t Coppercloud tell you? It’s our warrior ceremony,” she whispered, her green eyes shining brightly. “You’re going to get your warrior name!” 

She and her sister had two very different personalities, but Vinepaw loved and adored Burntpaw, and she was grateful they would be sharing this experience with one another. Vinepaw stared up at Wisteriastar, ignoring a couple of whispers from cats behind her about the scar that ran from her left eyebrow down to the right side of her chin. Stormstride’s words echoed in her ears: Wear it with dignity.

Tori
    Participant

Wisteriastar had conversed personally with Creekfrost, as well as her son, Coppercloud, about the state of the assessments their apprentices had participated in. It was good news to the entire Clan to know that they had a new pair of strong and ready warriors. Creekfrost had expressed that Vinepaw had performed very well during the battle and this was particularly good news to the RiverClan leader. They had a good fighter among their ranks and this was a good sign, should the state of the Clans progress any further into the realm of violence that had suddenly been spurred. But she had to keep those thoughts at bay, for in this moment, she had a ceremony to perform for these young cats. 

“Vinepaw, step forward.” The calico leader paused for a moment to allow the apprentice to follow through with her command. “I, Wisteriastar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in your turn.”

“Vinepaw, do you promise to uphold the Warrior Code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your own life?” 

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride ~ RiverClan Warrior

He sighed softly as he slipped from the warriors den, small pieces of dried moss still clinging to his grey-brown and white fur, blinking the sleep from his eyes for a brief moment while a large yawn slipped from his lips. Wisteriastar’s projected voice had been enough to wake him from his slumber, for the simple fact was everyone had been rushing out of the den and someone had stepped on his tail. Oh, when I find out who. He thought sourly, grunting faintly as he gave a rough shake of his body, fur flying at odd angles. Stormstride had been on night duty the previous night, his paws feeling heavy as he slowly followed the horde of cats that were filing into the camps clearing. “I need more sleep.” He grumbled sourly, although his ears stood upright when he heard a rather annoying voice call out Vinepaw’s name, his yellow and green muddled eyes instantly searching for her grey mottled pelt. Pupils narrowing slightly as his gaze landed upon her slender and figure while a small smile was beginning to find its way onto his muzzle.

Stormstride and Vinepaw had been training for a few weeks, although she had improved greatly, she still had a few weak points in which she was wanting to improve upon them. He found that he was slowly beginning to seek out her presence, although he rarely approached her in order to not seem too clingy. Although she was beginning to possess every thought he had. Either he fell in love too quickly or there was something really special with Vinepaw. Lowering his chin he rasped his tongue over his chest, flattening the fur on his chest for a moment before he shouldered his way through the crowd in order to get a better view. Warrior ceremony. The word floated around the crowd, while he found himself smiling at the prospect of Vinepaw finally receiving her Warrior name. He noted silently that she was holding her chin up high, no longer was she hiding her face and scar, but he found it only made her more beautiful.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Before Vinepaw was given the chance to hear Burntpaw’s answer, Wisteriastar began the ceremony, her voice bellowing out to all of her Clanmates. Her tail lashed with excitement and she stepped forward  before stopping beneath the waterfall, her head tilted up to stare at her leader with wonder. Vinepaw’s heart started racing, and she looked around at the cats that circled around her. Everyone of her Clanmates were staring at her, but there was one cat in particular that she noticed. Stormstride. The warrior had been helping her with more techniques and moves the past few weeks, and she hoped he wouldn’t want to stop now that she would be a warrior. 

When Wisteriastar continued to speak, Vinepaw refocused her attention back to the leader, her lips curling up into a smile. “I do.” She was clear and concise, which reflected exactly how she felt. 

Tori
    Participant

Upon receiving confirmation from Vinepaw, Wisteriastar nodded and held her chin up high as she continued to recite the olden words from their ancestors to continue this ceremony. “Very well, then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Vinepaw, from this moment forward, you will be known as Vinetalon. You were named for your determination, skills, and loyalty. StarClan honors your strength in the ThunderClan battle and RiverClan is honored to have you as a warrior in our ranks. We welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan.” 

The RiverClan leader stepped forth from her perch above the Clan and went down to rest her muzzle against the young warrior’s, completing her portion of the ceremony. Wisteriastar paused for a moment to allow her Clanmates to call for Vinetalon, to cheer and welcome her as a new warrior of the Clan before she returned once more to the highrock of her Clan and gestured for Burntpaw to replace her sister’s spot. 

“Burntpaw, you too have been recognized by your mentor. Coppercloud believes in your strength, as do I. I trust my son to have fulfilled the best of you as a warrior.” Warmth alighted the calico warrior’s eyes as she spoke of her kin, and she continued on with the warrior ceremony. “I ask of our warrior ancestors to recognize the training they have put forth for their Clan. It is time that she receive her warrior name, as she has trained for her all for this moment.” Wisteriastar swept her tail forth, gesturing for the apprentice to step forward. “Burntpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to defend your Clan, even at the cost of your own life?” 

Roach
    Participant

Burntpaw ~Riverclan Apprentice 

Lips parting in a silent ‘O’ shape as her sister reveals what the clan meeting was truly about. Brows furrowing as she glances over at the majestic form of their leader. Burntpaw knew that she should be excited and thrilled to be finally receiving her warrior name, but deep down she felt as if she hadn’t earned her name yet. Burntpaw felt as if she hadn’t done anything significant unlike her sister who fought bravely for Riverclan. Forcing a smile on her lips as she forces her self-doubt away. Now was not the time for her to question Wisteriastar or Coppercloud.

A true smile paints across her muzzle as her sister was called forth to be given her true name. White and rustic honey brown molly shifts backwards to allow her sister to appear before Wisteriastar. Excitement and proudness forming within her as she watches Vinepaw stand proudly, not a care in the world for the scars littering her once blank canvas. Burntpaw knew that Vinepaw had been self conscious at first of her battle wounds, but she seemed perfectly fine now. Burntpaw assumed it had something to do with a certain warrior that’s been helping her with her battle techniques. Turning her cranium, her sage and lemon grass gaze landing on the form of Stormstride. A smirk tugging on her black rubbery lips as the older warrior stares intently at her sister. ‘Oh I knew it!’ She thought giddily.

Tearing her gaze away at the sound of their leader giving Vinepaw her warrior name; Vinetalon. Burntpaw thought the name was strangely fitting for her sister, and wondered how the Calico leader came up with such names. It made her even more excited to find out what her name would be. “Vinetalon!!” She cheers our, her voice mingling with the other echos around her. Stiffening as suddenly it was her turn, swallowing thickly before taking her sisters place. Clearing her throat as she gives Wisteriastar a determined smile; “Yes I do” she states, making sure to have her voice resound around her, hoping her nerves did not come through her silvery tone.

Tori
    Participant

“Very well,” Wisteriastar replied to the apprentice’s determination, she felt quite satisfied that RiverClan now had two more warriors to join their ranks and help strengthen their Clan. “Then, by the powers of StarClan and my authority as RiverClan’s leader, I will bestow upon you your warrior name. Burntpaw, from this day forward, you will be known as Burtsage. StarClan honors your fierce loyalty and your outgoing strength, and we welcome you as a full warrior of RiverClan.” The calico warrior held her head high as she completed the ceremony for these two new warriors, pride swelling within her. RiverClan was blessed to have them. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon. The newly-made warrior puffed out her chest with pride, her eyes lighting up with excitement over her name. She was immediately grateful she hadn’t been given a name like Vineleaf or Vineflower. Vinetalon sounded strong and skilled, which fit the gray she-cat perfectly. Her green eyes closed as Wisteriastar padded towards her and placed her chin on her head, finishing her part of the ceremony. Vinetalon couldn’t help but smile and dipped her head to the RiverClan leader before swiveling around to pad away. She purposefully made her way towards where Stormstride was, sitting down about a fox length away from him. Her eyes glittered, and she didn’t give him one glance. But his shape and his presence was sharp in her peripheral vision. 

A few moments later, her sister was given the name Burntsage. What a beautiful and fitting name! Even though they both had green eyes, there was something stunning about the green color of Burntsage’s. They looked as soft and as striking as a sage leaf, and Vinetalon knew her sister would love that name. “Burntsage! Burntsage!” She called out, hoping she was the loudest out of all of her Clanmates. 

Roach
    Participant

Burntsage ~Riverclan Warrior

Her bright sage and lemongrass eyes twinkle in pride and happiness as she watches the calico leader announce her new and true name. Burntsage. Quite a fitting name for the spitfire. Though she felt the irony that in a way her name made her sound more delicate than she truly was. Giving a big grin up at Wisteriastar, nodding her petite cranium in gratitude. Ears perking up at the oddity of hearing her name being shouted for all Starclan to hear.  Blinking for a moment as she lets the sound of her name die out before moving away from her stiff position near the waterfall.

Smiling softly and nodding to those who congratulate her on becoming a warrior. Standing upon her tippy toes to look over the larger forms of her comrades, searching for Vinetalon. Arching a brow as she finally spots the grey she-cat, a hidden smirk playing along her lips as she too notices a certain warrior not too far away. Before Stormstride could get the balls to approach her sister; Burntsage quickly hurried to her side. Basically tackling her sister in glee, a lively giggle escaping her as she sits on top of Vinetalon. “We actually did it!” She laughs breathlessly.

”For a moment there didn’t think it was really going to happen” she mutters, ears flicking back as her insecurities flickered to life within her. Burntsage still felt as if she hadn’t earned her name, but she didn’t want to dwell on that now. She would just have to try ten times more harder than Vinetalon that she deserves to be a warrior as well. Licking her sister lovingly on the cheek before begrudgingly getting off of her. Didn’t want to suffocate her with her thick fur when Vine had only just become a warrior.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Vine and Burnt Warrior Ceremony (OPEN)