Skip to toolbar

unpretty // edge + snow

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory unpretty // edge + snow

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

s n o w p a w

It had begun to get late, the sun sinking below the horizon and blazing its golden light across the frozen, bare trees. It decorated the barren ground with streaks of yellow and orange, speckling a sunlit path toward the river and the paws of Snowpaw. Her small white and gray frame was hunched slightly, blue eyes focused on the water below as it rushed quickly past. It’s current pulled chunks of ice with it, the cold water rumbling softly as it brushed against the edges of the earth. It seemed like years she sat there, unmoving like a statue, until her single gray paw shot out and snagged a plump, black fish. She tossed it onto the bank, losing her grip and watching her prey smack the edge of the bank before slithering back into the gurgling water, leaving the apprentice looking dejected.

Today had been difficult, and not just with training. Her thoughts seemed to be elsewhere, wandering places they shouldn’t be. Focusing on something seemed merely impossible, which reflected with her actions. She’d caught nothing today on the hunting patrol aside from a sneeze, and had successfully tripped over Darkstar a million times during battle training. He had ended it early and said his paws hurt from the cold, but the little molly knew better than that. He was saving her from making an even bigger fool of herself. She took a few paw steps back, but kept her blue gaze fixed on the cold water as it rushed by. How would she be a warrior if she could barely catch a fish? Or hardly defend herself? Her warrior name seemed much farther away after today. 

Not to mention her run-ins with her brother, Milkpaw, and Pebblepaw. The pair seemed inseparable, which only made Snowpaw more skittish than before. Her brother had filled out, had a growth spurt the past two moons and shot up taller than most the other apprentices. Pebblepaw had always been dainty and pretty, her dark fur sleek and well groomed at all times. It was difficult not to stare at her reflection and feel anything other than sadness. Her legs were short and stubby, her tail too long for her small body. She was a bit chubby still, her cheeks full and round, and not to mention her disproportionate paws to her body. They seemed full grown, waiting for her physique to catch up. Will I always feel unpretty?

Missa
    Participant

He tried to find Snowpaw for dinner, he caught a big fish for them and Blackpaw to share. But upon returning to camp, he only found Blackpaw at their usual spot and usually it was Snowpaw who was early for dinner. The tom and Blackpaw were wondering where Snowpaw was so they agreed to split up and look for her, it was unusual for Snowpaw to miss dinner, she loved to hang out with her friends.

It took a while but soon he spotted her familiar white-gray fur and he made his way towards her, watching her as she observed the water for a moment before catching a fish, but it soon escaped and got back into the water. Taking a deep breath, he went towards her, Edgepaw knew that she would know it was him with his scent of sea salt and mint and if she didn’t want him to be there and she just wanted some alone time, he would respect her wishes and return to camp.

Finally he was standing next to her, he looked down at her and saw she had a frown on her face and looked very sad. Edgepaw sat down next to her, but gave her space, and he watched the water for a moment with her.. Letting the silence overtake them for a moment before he spoke softly, his usual rough and deep voice was actually gentle for once, not bothering to ask was something wrong.. Because there was something on the small molly’s mind but muttering “Do you want to talk? I’ve been told I’m a pretty good listener”

His long fur was flowing slightly in the breeze, his dark blue eyes showed worry for her. The tom knew that her time being an apprentice wasn’t easy with her siblings and other apprentices, and having the leader as your mentor added much more pressure as well.

snow
    Participant

s n o w p a w

She knew Edgepaw had approached from his scent; it flooded her nostrils and made her shoulders sag a bit, some of her worry lifting off her shoulders now that her friend was here. Even if she never told them, just having him around seemed to help lighten the load that sat atop Snowpaw’s shoulders. He sauntered beside her, but didn’t speak for a few moments, his eyes round and wondering. He offered an ear, and the little gray and white she-cat almost took it immediately, sniffling and crying into his fur. But instead, she shook her head and looked at him, blue eyes glittering softly in the evening sun as it dipped below the horizon. “If I put what I’m thinking into words, it’ll suddenly become very real. I’m not ready for that yet.”

She slowly ripped her gaze from his black and gray form, forcing her blue gaze to fix on the rushing water in front of her paws. Perhaps every cat had a difficult time like this and Snowpaw was just going through her moment. The thought of not being alone made the apprentice’s muscles relax a bit, sharing part of her burden with each cat in RiverClan. “I’m just out here hunting, I wanted to catch us something to eat but I haven’t had any luck,” she admitted, hoping they could move on from her own thoughts. Snowpaw didn’t like being seen in such a vulnerable and raw state, so she replaced her emotions with an empty lie in hopes he’d just go with it. She didn’t want to feel ashamed for practicing hunting after hours, especially since she’d hit her ten moon mark.

Missa
    Participant

His heart broke when he saw the tears forming in her eyes as she rested her head into his pelt and felt his fur going wet with her tears. The taller tom felt a bit awkward at first since he never really comforted someone before.. In his group, he was always told one shouldn’t cry but instead move on, Don’t let anyone see you or you’ll be shown as weak. The tom remembered a vague memory of his sister crying in front of their father and if Snow wasn’t leaning on him, his fur would have risen as he remembered what happened after their father dragged her out of the camp.

Edge rested his head on top of hers for a moment, and closed his eyes and he nodded softly before she looked into his eyes and he wiped her tears away with his tail gently and muttered “Whenever you wanna talk about it, you can always come to me. I’ll drop everything and you can tell me anything on your mind” He whispered with a soft smile. Edgepaw knew that Snow didn’t want to talk about what was bothering her now, he didn’t want to push her to say anything that she wasn’t comfortable saying.

Feeling herself gather her breath, he felt her draw back from him a bit and she was watching the rushing water in front of him. The taller tom watched her for a moment before nudging her a bit with his paw “You want me to do something dumb? Although Swanpath won’t like to hear I got in trouble again, but I’ll do it if it makes you laugh” He said looking down at her. He had gotten close to the pregnant queen at the nursery, he would actually come visit her after dinner and they would lay in her nest while she told him stories and they would speak softly about clan gossip.. The queen was becoming the closest thing to he had for a mother.

Chuckling softly, he looked at Snowpaw “I’m looking forward to whatever you get us, I had to run extra laps today around the territory for talking back to Whitefoot today.” He said as his muscles were pretty sore today with running and training how to fight.. But his muscles were slowing slightly now, not appearing skinny as a twig like when he first arrived in the camp. Watching the water for a moment he turned to her “Whatever you get us, I’m grateful for it.” He said, not wanting to suddenly to hunt for both of them, he didn’t know how Snow was really feeling and her thoughts but he didn’t want her to feel worse by doing the work for her.

“Tell me, what’s your favorite food? Do you usually like fish or do you like land prey?” He asked her, wanting to distract her.. He thought that asking about training or anything to do with home would make her sad, so he wanted to ask her questions about herself.. The molly probably never even told her favorite things to anyone else really besides her mentor and maybe Blackpaw.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory unpretty // edge + snow