under orion’s starry sky [Kass/Holly]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp under orion’s starry sky [Kass/Holly]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

The limited time Kass spent in the clan’s camp itself wasn’t a secret, because while she did love curling up in a warm nest with her mate the solitude provided by the forest always seemed to call to her. She did a lot of training, spying on the local wildlife, and a lot of perimeter checks. It was how she’d found Wisteriastar for the first of their riverside chats while the two had become something of friends. Well, they weren’t friends by any means but Kass couldn’t imagine herself ever trying to physically hurt the leader, nor the RiverClanner doing the same to her. They were two sides of the same koi, both rogues trying to fit themselves into a clan without the birth rights to do so. 

Perhaps that was why she was so against the narrative of the alliance meeting, how it all felt so contrived. How Hollystar’s motivations truly felt no more honest than wanting a taste of revenge. It was unwise to throw her unready clan into such a situation, and Wolfstar was even more deluded if he thought his clan could possibly fight any better. ThunderClan at least had her and Hawkbite, the undisputed weapons of the clan who weren’t afraid to get their claws dirty. ‘He’d probably fight in the name of love, not for himself,’ the deputy mused as she entered the clan, the moon high in the sky and shimmering down overhead. The clan was silent and still, all sleeping soundly in their dens as if there wasn’t a war coming to the clans. 

But it was fine. As the clan’s weapon– the clan’s protector, she’d keep watch a while longer until she had to send out the dawn patrol. She glanced an eye towards her den then, an idea forming in the back of her mind. She hadn’t done sleeping drills since she was apprenticed age, and a part of her wondered if the clan cats had ever done such a thing. Doubtful. ‘Well,’ she reasoned, ‘Hollystar did say she wanted me to help her train.’ A well used smirk fell to her lips as she turned on foot and slunk into their den. She managed to keep her paws light as to not signal her mate and circled the den, circled her sleeping mate. A part of the she-cat wanted nothing more than to just nose her way into the leader’s paws and find that warm spot in her neck, but instead she let her claws slide out and raised a paw to strike. The blow hit right on top of the black she-cat’s hip, not enough to do damage but definitely enough to startle her and perhaps even pinch the skin a little. “Rise and shine Holly,” she purred.

Hollystar
    Participant

Normally, Hollystar enjoyed exploring the forest at night, but as of lately she had been more exhausted than usual. She was pushing herself to train more, and make sure the clan was training too. Things were uneasy in the forest, and Thunderclan needed to be ready for any battle that could happen in the future. The leader had been out all morning and afternoon running around, and had passed out in her den in the early evening. 

The ebony leader was completely immersed in a dream. It was night time in the forest, and the moon was shining brightly on the trees. She was stalking the biggest mouse she had ever seen in the entire forest; Hollystar could almost feel herself drooling at the through of the fresh prey. All of a sudden, the mouse turned around and attacked her pinching her hip with its sharp rodent dentures. The molly shot up, suddenly awake, and sat nose to nose with her calico mate.

“What was that for?” she asked, emerald eyes wide. Hollystar peered out of the den, then let out a groan. “Crap! I just wanted to take a little nap. I didn’t mean to sleep until it was pitch black out,” she mumbled. The black she-cat got to her paws and leaned forward into a stretch. “How are you?” the leader asked with a yawn, and began to groom the top of Kass’ head. She took deep breath and closed her eyes, taking in the comforting scent and presence of her mate. Hollystar wished she could live in moments like this forever. The camp was mostly silent, and the nights were starting to get warm again. She could just make out the calico’s pelt from the moonlight that trickled into the den. Even though she had just been rocketed out of a dream, this moment felt peaceful in the chaotic forest that they were currently living in. 

Tyler
    Participant

Predictably the black she-cat sprung into action, soon standing nose to nose with her mate who sported her normal lazy grin that she had while in private, refusing to close the inch or so gap between them. She was cross with the leader, well.. maybe not exactly cross, to be quite honest she didn’t know what she was- emotionally stunted and all that, but she knew there was something about their recent talk with WindClan keeping her from fully succumbing to the tempting she-cat in front of her. Apparently it didn’t matter though, once Hollystar leaned in anyway and began to groom her fur. She sighed, but little by little the deputy’s resolve melted away until she was leaning into the touch. “I’m good,” she lied softly before changing the subject quickly, “I have a surprise for you actually.”

The ThunderClan deputy managed to give a couple quick licks to her mate’s cheek before she pulled back and cocked her head towards the entrance of the den, “You gotta put in work though,” she warned playfully. Without another word the rogue was out of the den and into the silent camp. Somewhere behind the log she’d hidden a couple of pebbles from the river bank on their land and now carried them in her mouth. She led Hollystar to the mouth of the Medicine Cat Den, spitting the pebbles into the dirt. “Wait here,” she instructed and picked a single pebble up in her mouth, moving into the dark den with a practiced ease. It wasn’t hard to navigate the den silently considering she’d lived in the den for so long. 

Now where to hide the pebble, she wondered, eyes finding the contours of the den and her tail brushing along the walls. She settled for just under a patch of old moss that was no doubt laid out for some unlucky patient and far enough from Peachblossom that they wouldn’t wake her up on the warm up. Satisfied, she exited the den to meet the leader back under the moonlight. “Tonight is all about stealth. Light touches, using your senses, yadda yadda yadda. You get the gist. I want you to go back in there and retrieve the pebble and don’t come back out until it’s finished. Oh. And don’t wake Peachblossom, I didn’t exactly ask her for permission to do this and she might try to aggressively sleep heal you or something,”

Hollystar
    Participant

Hollystar smiled as her mate leaned into her, then tilted her head as Kass spoke. “Oh, a surprise?” she asked curiously. She closed her eyes as her mate gave her a couple licks on the cheek, and a smile crossed her muzzle. She loved their private moments. The leader lingered in the moment for a few seconds, then got to her paws, eager to see what the calico’s surprise was. 

As they approached the Medicine Cat Den, confusion washed over the black molly. What were they doing here? She nodded when her mate told her to wait, then watched as Kass retrieved a pebble and stealthily made her way into Peachblossom’s den. The deputy then popped back out of the mouth of the den. Stealth? thought the leader. “This shouldn’t be too hard. At least I’m on the ground this time,” she joked quietly. She winked towards the calico, then crept into the Medicine Cat Den. 

Hollystar spent a lot of time in the forest at night, and was fairly confident in her tracking abilities. She lifted her jaws, and took in the different scents of the den. The fragrant herbs were overpowering, and made it difficult to pinpoint Kass’ scent. The she-cat figured Kass wouldn’t get too close to where Peachblossom was sleeping. On that mental note, Hollystar turned to face the area where the sick and injured cats rested away from Peachblossom. The nests were empty. Perhaps Kass put the rock on top one of the moss beds? Hollystar sniffed a few of the beds, before she reached an old piece of moss that faintly smelled like her mate, but when Hollystar nuzzled the nest, there was nothing on it. Underneath? she thought to herself. She quietly moved the moss with paw, and felt around for the stone. There it is! she thought, and grasped the pebble in her jaws. She turned to face the opening of the den, and slowly and quietly snuck out of the den. The molly dropped the pebble at the deputy’s paws, and offered her a smile. “I found it!” she purred. 

Tyler
    Participant

The deputy’s eyes lit up as she saw movement in the darkness of the Medicine Cat Den, “Ah, so you passed the first test huh?” Kass hummed, kicking the pebble between her paws like a moss ball. “Okay okay, I’ll give you props,” she mewed, leaning into her mate’s space enticingly, “you have the skills of kit when it comes to stealth, but you can track like no one’s business.” She teased, pulling away before she could get too comfortable. She cleared her throat awkwardly cocking her head towards the Warrior’s Den. “Join me?”

Turning on paw, she lead Hollystar towards the Warriors’ Den. The den, musty and filled with testosterone had Kass physically reacting to her actual proximity to the den. “Thank StarClan I never had to sleep in that.. that disease-ridden den,” she spat, shivering in her spot. The ex-rogue turned to her mate and gave her a thankful brush of the shoulder. “Okay so, I got Hawkbite to help me out with this one because I would never set foot in that dingy flea fest. This one’s gonna be a little harder to find, I don’t even know where it is.” 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp under orion’s starry sky [Kass/Holly]