Skip to toolbar

To Be a Warrior [Clan Meeting]

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp To Be a Warrior [Clan Meeting]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Smokestar – Shadowclan Leader 

Smokestar padded out of the nursery, having popped in for a brief visit with her kits. They were growing well, and Ravenwatcher had done a wonderful job parenting them. ‘Soon i’ll be doing their apprenticeship ceremonies,‘ she thought, a twinge of anxiety prickling her belly. Although they were nearly six-moons of age they were so small, so fragile. ‘The walls of the nursery cannot hold them forever. When it’s time, it’s time.’

Currently, it was an other’s time to shine.

She paused, wriggling her haunches before springing atop the driftwood which sprawled across the camp’s clearing. She yowled,“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath the Driftwood Peak for a clan meeting!

Ravenpaw, a dark tabby she-cat, waited below alongside her mentor Cloudedmoon. Smokestar nodded at the apprentice and mentor, indicating it was time.

With the careful guidance of her mentor, Cloudedmoon, Ravenpaw has honed her skills and grown worthy of a warrior name.” Smokestar purred. “I, Smokestar, leader of Shadowclan, call upon our warrior ancestors to watch over this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in their turn.” She paused, waiting for Ravenpaw to leave her mentor’s side and step forward. She leapt down to meet her. “Ravenpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?

She paused for affirmation before continuing, “Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Ravenpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Ravenfrost. StarClan honors your confidence and loyalty, and you are welcomed as a warrior of Shadowclan.” She bent her head, ceremoniously resting her muzzle atop Ravenpaw’s own to conclude the ceremony. She pulled away, smiling as joining with the rest of the clan in chanting “Ravenfrost!

Courtesy of Mairu Doggy, Deviant Art
    snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w

The charcoal bengal sat next to her mentor, flicking an ear every so often as the she-cat spoke softly to her right. She was giving her pointers, though the young she-cat didn’t feel like she needed them. She’d worked hard to get to this position and she wanted to enjoy every moment of it. Her blue gaze scanned the growing crowd for Hickorypaw, but a twinge of dissatisfaction poked her side when she didn’t spot her denmate. Smokestar’s call made her snap her head to the front, breathing steady as she was beckoned forward. Here we go, she thought lightly, trotting over to stand beside her leader with a proud look on her face. 

Once the leader began the sacred words of the ceremony, nerves began spreading through the molly’s body. She was suddenly very much aware of the stares of her clanmates boring into her back. She’d certainly grown the past moons, standing taller than most cats her age and rather lithe like a WindClan cat. “I do,” she mewed in response to her leader, voice steady and low as she waited nervously. She would never forgive Smokestar for giving her a name like Ravenclaw! 

Though she was lucky, a sigh of relief escaped her maw at the sound of her new name. The new warrior stepped forward to lick her leader’s shoulder, blue gaze brimming with pride as she turned to her clanmates, her new name ringing through her ears. This is it, this is the start of your life, she thought excitedly, tail swishing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp To Be a Warrior [Clan Meeting]