Time to Heal [Rainy x Koi]

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Time to Heal [Rainy x Koi]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

Since the warriors had returned from Thunderclans things had been different from what the tom was used to. His mother had become more distant from her younger kits, his sister was growing extremely close to Sootstain, and Pantherstorm…well Pantherstorm was as moody as always. Koipetal had found less time to spend with Heronflight ever since the battle, Forestmask taking up what little free time the deputy had. A deep huff falling out of the toms rubbery lips, his ginger splotched face pressed into his legs, not having the mental strength to converse with the other clan mates. Riverclan had been through a lot, going moons without a healer, just to then loose the replace shortly after his induction into the clan and role. Starclan sure hates us, he couldn’t help but laugh at the thought that dead cats had any control over their actions.

Heart dropping as he saw one of the Riverclanners move towards him, Nope not today, as if he never saw them coming Koipetal moved quickly from his resting spot. Head hangin naturally low, trying to appear smaller than he was, the tom wasn’t one to want to stick out with his height, his mostly white pelt already bringing enough unwanted attention to him. A small pale pink flower catching his gaze, a rather soft smile working its way onto his muzzle, teeth gripping the stem close to the base, giving it as tiny jerk from its home. Lanky legs walking slowly around the edge of camp, trying to avoid others on his way to the medicine cats den.

Poking his head into the den, not seeing the fur of another feline taking shelter in the den Koipetal pushed forward into the hole. Feeling the pressure of the empty den force itself onto his shoulders Koipetal felt his legs try and buckle out from underneath him. He had spent much time in his den as a young kit watching Fishtail work until nightfall when he would gather up Koipetal and his siblings to tell them stories of times long ago. Painting the kits faces and giving them woven together flowers. Fishtail had amazing skills aside from healing like his ability to use different berries to paint the cave walls and his story telling. This den was full of memories and those memories wouldn’t go away even if Koipetal wanted to forget he couldn’t they were painted on the walls. After setting the flower down as an offering, his nose pressed into the cave walls near one of Fishtails first painting, sniffles echoing around him, “What am I supposed to do now Fishtail?”

Chris
    Participant

RiverClan’s latest Medicine Cat was, in fact, in his den currently as his long ears pricked up at the arrival of  Clanmate. Deep in the back of the den where the oblong-shaped tunnel bent into the store chamber. The rocky den was comprised of three chief rooms, a larger spacious one where the patients rested, a brief little sconce where his own nest was located, and a rather cramped one for storing supplies just down the narrow corridor where the two halves of the roof met though luckily as slender as he was it was no trouble to access. He’d been fast at work, cleaning and organizing. At first he’d felt it was disrespectful to adjust any of the living arrangements so shortly after Hickoryroot’s death. But what had started as just a bit of freshening up had of course, spiraled into a strive for perfection as it always did for him.

Rainysky emerged from the back of the den, scraps of herbs and flowers littering his long silk-like fur, his teal eyes bright and full of feeling.

“O-oh! Koipetal? Was there something you needed..?” His pale gaze searched the bicolored tom for any sign of injury. He had, of course, heard him meow something about Fishtail but thought it best not to ask about it unless the other tom was here to talk about his woes. Rainysky knew that caring for his Clanmate’s physical health was not his only job, though he faced the other half of it with trepidation.

I’m just as much a wreck as they are, how can I possibly hope to help them?

Peach
    Participant

The world around Koipetal was a blur, his mind wondering through memories trying to find answers to his endless questions. Oblivious to the outside world, only noticing he wasn’t alone when another’s voice reached his ears. The fur on his neck ruffling as Koipetal jumped back away from the wall, the slender form of the newly named medicine cat slithering into his view. Bright blue eyes offering a few blinks before adjusting to the view, “Oh um Hi Rainysky I was just um well I was…” His words falling clumsily out of his muzzle, embarrassed that another saw him in a moment of weakness. Clearing his throat Koipetal slides towards Raimysky, “I was just hoping I could get something to help with my nerves. They’ve been acting up again with this whole Thunderclan situation.” A nervous chuckle following, it wasn’t the whole truth but the tom wasn’t exactly lying to the feline but he still wasn’t the biggest fan of any dishonesty.

His long silky tail wrapped tightly around his paws after bribing himself to a sitting position, “So hey Rainysky can I ask you a question?” Offering the grey tabby a charming smile trying to cover up his earlier flustered expression, “I know you haven’t had this position long but has my brother been in to see you lately?”

Chris
    Participant

He could not help but smile a bit, sensing Koipetal was one such Warrior who was on his own level of self-confidence and social airs. It gave Rainysky  boost to know any errs on his part would not be too harshly judged. They were, to put it plainly, in the same boat.

“C-certainly! Let’s see, that’s going to be chamomile..” He turned swiftly and darted back to the rear chamber, wincing as he noted how low the chamomile stores were. He’d been chewing the leaves himself on occasion, ever since all of this had happened. It really did help, and now there was no medicine cat to tell him he couldn’t have anymore. Well, no medicine cat but himself, that was. He needed to be his own healer now, for everyone else’s sake.

“Here we go!” He chirped, re-appearing with the soft pale green leaves hooked delicately on a claw. He hopped over and laid them before Koipetal, feeling an odd burst of pride. All I did was go fetch some leaves, why does this feel so right?

“Hm…your brother?” Which one did Koipetal mean, he wondered? The Clan was comprised by half of Wisteriastar’s progeny, simply referring to one of her kits by anything other than specific name was normally inadequate. “I don’t think so, hmm…is he hurt or something?” The silver tom tilted his head curiously. They’d treated many a wound, well Saplingskies had. Rainysky mostly observed the brown tom’s technique. He might hold herbal knowledge, but there was no quick ancestor-download for moons of actual experience.

Peach
    Participant

Watching the slender form disappear Koipetal eyes rested on the entrance to the herbal storage, waiting patiently for Rainysky to return with the Chamomile, a herb the warrior was all to familiar with. Hearing the paw steps of the medicine cat traveling back towards him Koipetal felt a sense of relief seeing the bundle of herbs with him. “Look at that, first patient down. I’d say we’ll make a great Medicine Cat out of you yet!” Feeling a playful smirk creep it’s way onto his broad muzzle. Lowering his head, nose burying it’s way into the greenery, this scent has easily become his favorite out of all the herbs hidden away in the den. Remembering he was in the presence of another Koipetal picked up his head to address him, “Thank you Rainysky… I’ve been having to take these since” Inhaling sharply before continuing on, “well ever since Fishtail died. I never thought I’d have to rely on herbs to help my mood but with mom and Heronflight constantly busy and Sorrelember has Sootstain now they don’t have much time for my childish emotions anymore.”

Koipetal didn’t realize just what he was rambling on about, it wasn’t something he spoke about often yet here his words were just falling out of his mouth. “I’m so sorry Rainysky I really didn’t think that’d come out now. Guess I needed to talk about it more than I thought.” Nervous chuckling accompanying his anxious tail twitching. Trying to cover up his earlier rambling Koipetal quickly drew the attention back towards his prior concerns for his brother, “Pantherstorm. He clarified, “I know the others are my kin but they’re more of Wisteriastars kits rather than my siblings.”

His words were harsh, he’d never speak them in front of his mother or kin but it was how he felt. “No he’s not sick or anything I just haven’t seen him around much and I figured maybe he might of at least visited this den, it was often the place we all felt most at ease when we were just kitsch listening to stories.” His blue eyes dancing across the den before returning to the healer, “or perhaps I’m the only one who finds comfort in here.”

Chris
    Participant

The newly inaugurated healer beamed like the sun when he was praised. Such kind words truly were rays of light, gently warming his shoulders and banishing any doubts he might have had about this new venture. Maybe it really was meant to be.

He seized up a bit when he realized they were delving into topics of a more heavy nature- misspoken words were felt more heavily in such matters. Though he was not stranger to them himself.

“Y-yeah, me too…..it’s been a lot lately.” He ducked his head, clearly reluctant to extract any more personal details. He exceeded at absorbing others feelings….but releasing his own was truly his Achilles heel. “Y-you may always come to me! I can’t promise I’ll know what to do but….I can listen.” He purposefully twitched his large tufted ears cutely to emphasize his words, a sad smile resting on his delicate features.

“Th-they are still your blood, no?” Mewed the skinny tom cat tentatively. “I think it would be nice if my mother had had other kits.” He mused. Daring no more to draw close the subject of his late sister. It was something any cat old enough to recall her passing knew better than to utter in his presence.

Peach
    Participant

Rainysky overwhelmingly bright smile caused a flutter in Koipetals heart, he didn’t know his simple words could affect someone in such a positive way. Seeing the thin felines smile, he couldn’t help but find himself smiling softly at him. “Riverclan is lucky to have you.” His long silky tail finally unwrapping from his paws long enough to gently graze Rainyskys side.

Hopefully nothing bad will happen to him

A sour scrowl replacing his smile at the thought of getting close to another classmate just to lose them all over again. Riverclan was blessed in the medicine cat department, it was truly a cursed position.

Taking note of Rainyskys form the bicolored tom decided against pushing for him to talk about what was bothering him, Koipetal himself hated when cats did it to him so he wasn’t about to force Rainysky to go through such meaningless things. He felt his ear tips warming at the sight of large twitching ears, Adorable! Clearing his throat Koipetal tilted his head ever so slightly praying that he wasn’t able to see his lightly flustered expression. “You know you aren’t in this position alone. It’s our job to look after you just as much as it’s your job to watch over us.” Rainysky was nice, he didn’t deserve the burden of dealing with transitioning from a warrior to a medicine cat in the middle of a feud alone.

Koipetal was aware of Rainyskys side long, though he never had met them personally or wasn’t even around when her time did come, he was smart enough to tell this was a touchy subject. “Yes, well Half blood anyways, we have different dads. The age gap between us I think is just too much, it makes it hard to see them as siblings. Sorrelember and Pantherstorm on the other paw. I love them to bit. We are all in a weird spot right now but I’d happily lay down what little life I have for them.” His eyes softened when talking about his beloved littermates.

Chris
    Participant

He sighed with relief, it was good to have someone else openly profess their support for him and his bellbeing. More oft than not, cats found his anal demeanor tiresome or at the very least pitiable. But now that he thought of it, the kind ginger-an-white tom had never been one of them. No, they’d not spoken much beyond the average sort of dutiful conversations found between most Clanmates.

More than strangers, less than friends.

“Your siblings are lucky to have such a devoted brother.” He purred, sitting down with his white socked forepaws tucked under his chest. A feeling of calm descending on him as he grew more accustomed to the flow of their social exchange.

“It must be strange to have blood that was fathered by a different parent. It’s not something I could imagine- but of course, you’ve far more family than I.”

How would I feel if Grayfang or Shroudtail had had kits with another? Happy, I guess. It isn’t like it…really matters to me if my parents really are in love or not.

Though now that he considered it, how would he even know if they weren’t?

Peach
    Participant

“Honestly the fact that they are from a different dad never mattered to me.” His hackles settling down on the ground, his long lanky legs stretching out from beneath him, Koipetal feeling a nice sense of relaxation being in the healers presence. “I think it’s just more of how far apart we part in age, they were already seasoned warriors when we were born. Heck Pantherstorm was even mentored by Forestmask, it just makes it hard to see them as siblings rather than just warriors.” His paws pulling the herbs towards him, keeping them close by not ready to completely give them up yet. Koipetal had grown attached to the calming feeling they gave him, his need for them only growing with the tension between the clans.

His gaze rested upon Rainysky with a soft smile, “How has this transition been?” Wanting to firstly know more about him but also take the focus off of himself. Koipetal knew very little about the healer, anything more than his name and rank completely unknown to the young warrior. “I imagine it must feel crazy but at the same time to know that you’re such an important role in the future in our clan, it has to feel at least somewhat amazing.

Chris
    Participant

“I suppose I can see that.” Mewed Rainysky delicately, sensing that family was not a favorite subject for Koipetal, he himself could relate so he allowed the subject to lay fallow.

“Oh, well, I guess it hasn’t been too bad.” He answered the quandary slowly, carefully choosing his words as for the first time he reflected on the past few days. “Honestly I haven’t had much time to even really….think. There’s so much to learn.” So much to live up to.

“It’s crazy, I guess. The Clans seem about to go to war and Hickoryroot died so suddenly. None of feels real.” The pretty silver tomcat shook his head, his eyes squeezed shut. A shuddered traveled down his back pricking the long silver-and-black hairs at the words ‘important role in the future in our clan’. Each one felt like a weighted dagger on his heart. He knew the other tom meant it as a compliment, but all Rainysky could see was all of the ways he could still fail them.

The job felt right to him, but was that really what mattered?

Peach
    Participant

Koipetal mentally thanked the healer for not pressing forward on the subject. He was a family man but with recent events his family felt less whole each day.

His blue eyes studied the tom, he almost seemed to be more tense than Koipetal was, of course he would be this was all thrown on him so suddenly of course he hadn’t had time to properly absorb it all. His whole face softened the longer the silver tom was in his sights, Rainysky himself gave out almost a calming presence, a good quality for any healer to have.

Koipetal slowly nodded in agreement to his words, indeed Riverclan seemed to never have a peaceful moment, danger lurking around every corner. Kpipetal searched for the words to help ease the tom of any lingering concerns but bit his tongue at the realization of his earlier words of how important his role is possibly making things worse. His lanky body scooting towards the tom, leaning down, his nose gently resting on Rainyskys paw, “Things aren’t meant to be easy, if they were we wouldn’t feel any satisfaction after doing them.” His was of comforting the tom might have seemed odd from an outside point of view, but after losing so many this was a more comfortable distance for him. “Even when times seem hard and you feel like you can’t do it, just remember it’s not true and there are ones who believe in you. Like me I believe in you.”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp Time to Heal [Rainy x Koi]