Thistlepaw’s Warrior Ceremony [OPEN TO ALL]

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Thistlepaw’s Warrior Ceremony [OPEN TO ALL]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar lead Thistlepaw back into camp with two pieces of prey his apprentice had caught during his assessment. Pride was clear in his icy blue gaze at how quickly Thistlepaw had passed by using smart tactics and speed. When he took on Thistlepaw as an apprentice, he knew he would have to work with him a lot in order to keep the rebellious side of him at bay. Thankfully, StarClan guided him well and he believed Thistlepaw would be one of his greatest warriors yet.

Wolfstar dropped the two voles at the top of the fresh kill pile before turning towards the only large rock in camp he was temporarily using to make his announcements. Giving Thistlepaw a head dip, Wolfstar cleared his throat and yowled, “Let all cats old enough to run the moors, join here beneath the rock for a Clan meeting!” Wolfstar’s claws sheathed and unsheathed on the boulder’s hard surface as he waited almost impatiently, excited to give Thistlepaw a warrior name he thought long and hard about.

Wolfstar watched as his Clanmates crawled out of the makeshift dens and huddled underneath him, their eyes gleaming with curiosity at what this was about. Satisfied, everyone was here, he began. “My favorite ceremonies to give out are creating warriors. Our apprentices train hard with their mentors challenging them everyday, and it is my greatest pleasure to give Thistlepaw his warrior name.” Wolfstar looked down at the dark brown tabby with pride in his gaze.

I, Wolfstar, leader of WindClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Thistlepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?” He questioned, waiting for Thistlepaw to answer.

Manna Moth
    Participant

At Wolfstar’s summons Thistlepaw padded proudly to the base of the rock in their makeshift camp. He sat quietly, his eyes never leaving the Windclan leader as he waiting for their clanmates to gather around. He could feel his heart hammering in his chest and a warm feeling spread throughout his fur. He was finally about to be a warrior! It had felt like ages that he’d been waiting, especially since he had started a moon later than most. Thistlepaw was extremely grateful to his mentor and wanted nothing more than to make him proud in his days as a warrior. At Wolfstar’s question he held his head up proudly and locked eyes with the Windclan leader as he gave a confident “I do” and dipped his head solemnly. I wonder what my name will be? He pondered. Suddenly he felt a small twinge of nervousness but tried not to show it as his mentor leaped from the rock to stand in front of him.

Wolfstar
    Participant

At Thistlepaw’s confirmation, Wolfstar continued. “Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Thistlepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Thistleheart. StarClan honors your skill and intelligence, and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan.” Wolfstar quickly jumped down from the rock and padded up to his now former apprentice. His blue eyes gleamed and he rest his muzzle on top of Thistleheart’s head. “I’m proud of you. You will be a great warrior.”

“Thistleheart!” Wolfstar yowled, starting the tradition of chanting the new warrior’s name. Wolfstar knew Thistleheart would be the last apprentice he would take on for a long while. He enjoyed teaching someone in the new generation, but he needed to focus his complete attention on the Clan and the struggles Leafbare would surely bring them. As soon as their Clanmates were finished chanting, Wolfstar stepped back. “Now you will sit a silent vigil and guard the camp tonight. Remember, there is no speaking. Silent vigil is where you think about what kind of warrior you want to be.” With a dip of his head, he excused Thistleheart to start his vigil before he turned around to head towards the nursery where Goldenrose and his kits were.

Jetstream
    Participant

“Thistleheart! Thistleheart!” Tinyflame joined in on the cheering for her clanmate’s newly announced name. She had known the young tom somewhat well herself, being assigned his apprenticeship temporarily herself while Wolfstar was recovering from the experience of losing two lives at once. She knew that the young tabby tom had a bright future ahead of him and she too was proud of his growth and willingness to learn. As the ceremony was finished and the crowd began to part, Tinyflame walked up to the tom and brushed her tail gently against his flank. “Congratulations,” she told him, “Your warrior name is well earned.” Then she gave him a parting dip of her head and left him for his vigil. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp Thistlepaw’s Warrior Ceremony [OPEN TO ALL]