these tears like acid burn {wasp & moon}

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp these tears like acid burn {wasp & moon}

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pheebs
    Participant

The queen didn’t consider herself to be an angry molly, usually quick to whip up a joke and the first to ease tension. At that moment, though, she sat wallowing in a deadly combination of bitterness and rage. Moonberry had mourned for sunrises after Rookfall’s disappearance was proclaimed, mourned and mourned until that depression melted away and introduced anger that was painful and constant. 

“You promised, you bird-brain. The van-patterned she-cat spat, but the venom in her voice paled considerably to the venom that’d been there for days prior. She was wearing herself out boiling in her anger, and was thankful again that the rest of the clan assumed she was simply mourning her supposed mate. Then again, Moonberry was also increasingly frustrated with the pitying glances and the apologies and the “we’ll find your mate, no worries”. He wasn’t her mate, he was her best friend and in some ways it hit harder. Moonberry’s closest and in some ways only true friend had vanished. What hurt more? He’d promised to be there, if not for Moon than for her children. Her fatherless children. 

“Dammit…” The queen sniffled, glaring at the offending droplets of water collecting at the corners of her eyes. “You stupid tom, you…” 

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost ~ SkyClan Warrior

Waspfrost was well aware of the turmoil is friend was going through, upon hearing that Rookfall had disappeared, he noticed that Moonberry and become reclusive and seemed to cave in on herself. Of course, he waited for someone else to comfort the queen, but two days had gone by with the queen feeling sorry for herself and it was becoming down right sad. It wasn’t hard to find the she-cat, she wasn’t usually too far away from camp because of her kittens, that motherly instinct was just too strong. Black nostrils flared as he breathed in the scent of the molly, grumbling quietly under his breath as his small paws were placed just right on the leaf and dirt scattered ground. The trees were thin is this particular area, but still gave enough cover to keep the sun off of their backs. Fluffy ears stood upright as he heard the quip and venom filled voice of Moonberry as she cursed about a stupid Tom, which didn’t take a genius to know who she was talking about. She was genuinely upset. Of course she was, it was her mate. But that didn’t give her the excuse to appear weak and allow her kittens to see her so broke. Smirking slightly, the dark black and grey tabby walked with purpose as he headed towards her. “Well that’s not very nice, I haven’t done anything stupid in days.” He smirked, his pale yellow eyes watching the she-cat curiously but his expression was Stoney and held little area for argument.

Soon he was standing in front of the upset molly, his eyes slowly roaming over her face as he read her hurt and angered expression. “What are you doing?” He finally meowed after a moment of silence, waiting as Moonberry looked at him in confusion and perhaps even anger towards him. “What are you doing… out here crying your eyes out? He’s just a Tom, there are plenty in this clan to suit your needs.” Waspfrost spoke, his voice was soft but his words were harsh and straight to the point as he lifted an eyebrow and spoke before she could respond. “I know Rookfall was special to you and the father of your kits. But he’s gone.” He shrugged and lashed his tail as his voice sharpened. “Now dry your tears and hold your head up high and stop whimpering.” Waspfrost almost demanded, lowering himself into a sitting position as he gazed at the she-cat. He was not a gentle hearted Tom and he would not sugar coat her situation.

Pheebs
    Participant

Moonberry readied Waspfrost with a glare, but as it lacked fire she let her gaze slide back to the trees. “You haven’t done anything stupid worth noting, my idiot of a friend-“ She coughed, -mate, has.” Moon bristled at Wasp’s examining her. At least he had the decency to do so openly as compared to her clanmates who preferred to judge from afar. ‘Fantastic, the lesser evil.’ Moon had never been so caustic before though these trying times definitely brought it out of her.

“What are you doing?” “Sitting here peacefully until you showed up,” had been the queen’s planned response. Even if she remained in camp she still spent hours apart from her kits, too broken hearted to tell them their father had gone missing. Moonberry was sure they knew a bit but they didn’t know the whole truth, too young to piece it together from whispers in dark nursery corners. Moon’s response would never pass her lips because Wasp’s next words came darting out, deceptively soft but biting and harsh.

“‘Special to me’?” The SkyClanner bared her teeth, rising her height which, while not as impressive as she’d like, clearly displayed her growing hostility. “Try: ‘my only friend and the one cat in my life who stayed’!” Moonberry slammed a paw forward, pulling herself up close to Waspfrost’s face. “I am not a mate in mourning- I don’t have a mate. I never did! You want to know why?” The queen barreled on, forcefully shoving the sitting tom back. “Because no one wants a sentimental, ‘mouse brained’, ‘clan-born kittypet’ who can’t fight for shit as their mate! Great StarClan, no one even wants me as a warrior! ‘Too soft, too weak, too scared’. That’s all I’ve ever heard but Rookfall was the one, the one cat I know who would and has never said a cruel word about me in my life. All he’s ever been is supportive, kind, and loving. I was never his mate and quite frankly I never will be, I couldn’t ruin a friendship as pure as ours with something as messy and convoluted as love.” 

Fire sparkled behind her dual colored eyes, or perhaps those were tears, and on her face a resentful scowl marred her otherwise kind face. In her cloud of fury and grief she’d easily let slip her chaste, non-mate relationship with Rookfall and if her lack of panic was any indicator had yet to realize. “Love is not permanent and it is not real, as far as I’m concerned. My mother might’ve loved me but if that’s the case she didn’t love me too much, taking off one day with no explanation doesn’t exactly scream ‘love’ to me. Not being their when your mate has said child also doesn’t seem particularly loving.” Moonberry’s shoulders drooped, “Spending sunrises charming someone only to leave them pregnant and alone mere days later isn’t love.” Cats might believe Moonberry would be a strong supporter of love, being as affectionate and caring as she was, but considering her experiences with it… Well, she’d never had such strong opinions before.

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost ~ SkyClan Warrior

A furry eyebrow rose slightly in surprise, the only hint of emotion that he would allow as the molly ranted. Apparently Rookfall’s disappearance had rattled her more than he thought, but he definitely wasn’t expecting for Moonberry to confess that Rookfall wasn’t even her mate. Oh, how charming. Deceiving little bugs. He thought to himself as his pale yellow eyes were slowly roaming over her face as if he were bored, but he was actually intrigued as she allowed her raging emotions to take control. Perhaps this was exactly what she needed, to release all the aggressive tension. He couldn’t help but feel the fur around his throat and spine stand up in mid-bristle as she got close to his face, but he bit down the retort for her to move away. She was angry and was only letting out her frustration, but he slowly swallowed the bile in his throat before a soft smirk found its way onto his muzzle. “So. He wasn’t your mate. Big deal.” He shrugged those slightly slim shoulders, continuing to stay seated.

“Although I will admit that I don’t like liars, and it’s not fair to your kits to give them a fake father. But that’s your problem.” Waspfrost added, his long tail lashing slightly behind him as his pale eyes glared circles into the mollies face. “Well are the rumors right? Are you weak? Soft?” He questioned with a new hardness to his voice, he didn’t believe in being gentle and he wouldn’t start now. “Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do what you should have done in the beginning. Prove them all wrong. He growled, thin black talons digging into the ground beneath him. “You aren’t a kitty-pet, you are a clan cat and we aren’t weak. Yeah, what this supposed male of yours did was horrible and I can’t say I like it. But you’re a mother now and a good one at that, why care what others think? It takes someone strong to care for kittens after being rejected by their real father. Out here the fittest survive and the weak die.” Waspfrost explained, his fluffy ears standing tall upon his head as he watched Moonberry. “I’m sorry to hear about your friend. He’s missing not exactly dead from what we know. Rookfall wouldn’t want you falling apart for the ruthless to pick at your bones. Believe me they all start with me and for once I’m trying to put the bones back together.” He smirked and stood up slowly, giving his pelt a shake to settle his medium length black and grey fur.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp these tears like acid burn {wasp & moon}