there's blood on the streets… make a change [Kass/Hawkpaw]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest there's blood on the streets… make a change [Kass/Hawkpaw]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Participant

(trigger warning; graphic violence/animal cruelty)

Deep into the heart of the forest Kass sat, awaiting for the arrival of her newest pupil. They were deep enough that the rogue was certain no one could find them should they go looking and in a part of the territory so untouched that it was just pulsating with wild-life. The enigmatic she-cat had her eyes closed while she sat, waiting for the tom get used to his new surroundings. “Did you know that some prey can be literally scared to death?” She asked suddenly, stirring to life quickly with a spark of energy that hadn’t been there earlier. “When I was in training there was a game that myself and the other initiates would play where we would try to see if we could petrify the prey we had in holding and the winner would get to knick the loser’s ear. I lost a lot at first,” the small holes in the she-cat’s ears seemed to stand out at the revelations, “but once I started to get good at it I realized something: the tactics we use on prey theoretically should work the same way on other cats.” 

“Any type of mouse can usually be killed by sharp tugs to the tail.” she continued, “About three should do it- paralyzes them. Mice can also be petrified. So can rabbits. So can squirrels. Wouldn’t it be so much easier if the clan cats just tried to scare their prey? Why do you think that they don’t?” She asked then, waiting for an answer as the question itself wasn’t rhetorical. “They don’t do it because either they don’t know how to do it or they’re trying to give the prey a fighting chance; a moment to run; to say their prayers. It makes them feel better I think, let them rationalize it and hide their guilty conscious. In the city, they aren’t going to give you that chance. The fat king pins of the city aren’t just going to let you run, it just means more leg work.” 

“I want you to catch me a mouse- but keep it alive. Don’t kill it and don’t harm it either. I have more to show you.”  

Chris
    Participant

Hawkpaw treaded through the wild furls of undergrowth, where the thicket grew so untamed that he was practically fighting his way through walls of green. Thorns and brambles were tugging at his midnight black fur, blades of grass stinging his eyes. The weak reaches of sun did little to illuminate the dim canopy. It reminded him of the turf just across the road where ShadowClan lived. Finally he broke through into a small pocket of clear space and it was like surfacing from a deep dive, he gasped shedding the thorns from his coat with a swift jerk.

Where was this place? Did anyone know they were here?

His fur prickled with unease as she spoke, but he did his best to force his face to remain passive. He seated himself before her obediently, unmoving.

“Yes ma’am.” He mewed, and got up to go fetch the prey. Scaring it? It seemed like more work than simply sneaking up and killing it. But if it had battle potential, well, what did he know really? If and when those rogues came looking for him, this might just be vital information that could end up saving his life.

It seemed perverse to trap a mouse without ending it’s life, they were so fragile. With extreme ease he did so and returned, gently grasping the struggling prey between his jaws. Ugh this feels weird… thought the Apprentice. He did as she had said, pulling gently on the tail until it went limp, still all but for the rhythmic rise and fall of it’s small chest. It was breathing very rapidly. With a twinge he picked it up and took it to her. Setting it before the she-cat, looking at her for further instruction.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Chris.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Chris.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest there's blood on the streets… make a change [Kass/Hawkpaw]