Skip to toolbar

There’s a Caribou in the Forest

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest There’s a Caribou in the Forest

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Cariboupaw ~ ThunderClan Apprentice

Deep amber eyes slowly flickered to life as the young feline began to wake from the soft morning songs of the birds that were beginning to chime through the forest, their shrill voices echoing through the oak forest but it sounded charming and mysterious as she slowly lifted her small head and pointed her chin back to gaze curiously and sleepily up towards the heavy branches that blocked her view of the sky above. She wasn’t used to that, not being able to see the sky whenever she wished. Instead the thick branches and twigs of the massive oak trees seemed to reach towards the sky, trying to block out the orange and pink hues that signaled early morning. Her left dark brown ear twitched faintly for a moment before her spotted lips parted as she released a yawn. For the past week and a half she hadn’t been sleeping very well, she had tried sleeping inside of the apprentice den but it felt so crowded with the walls of the den hiding the trees and sky while everyone’s nests felt tightly packed against one another. For now she had been sleeping outside of the den, well actually on top of the den. The den sloped down into the ground, allowing an overhang of tightly packed dirt and vines to hang over the apprentices den.

Slowly she pushed her smaller frame up from the ground, shaking out her medium length furred pelt. Specks of dirt and leaves fell from her pelt, but that didn’t bother her too much, as long as it wasn’t mud. Apprentices were beginning to stir within the den beneath her paws but she didn’t pay them any mind for now. None of them were happy to have her, even her own brother. Rookpaw. He was a difficult character to understand, but she knew it wasn’t easy for her to suddenly appear and for him to question his lineage. But with the passing of her father, she was very lonely within WindClan and being closer to biological family did help fill that void. Walking down the slope, she stood before the apprentice den and stretched out her slender figure, her short legs stretching out in front of her while her back arched. The base coloring of her coat was an ivory white, with rich brown tabby patches along her body, the patches fading into the white of her pelt. Long tail swaying behind her as she watched Rookpaw stomp past her, without so much as uttering a word or even glancing in her direction. Whether he liked it or not, she existed.

Smirking faintly to herself, Cariboupaw turned away from her upset sibling as her amber eyes landed upon that of Yellowstone’s pelt, her new mentor was always on time when waiting for her at the entrance of the camp. Releasing a soft sight from her pale pink nostrils, dainty paws carrying her towards the massive tomcat as her chin tilted back as she gave the old tom a soft smile. “G’morning Yellowstone. What’s in store for us today?” She asked her mentor, ears twitching faintly slightly as she allowed him to take the lead for today’s training.

Olive
    Participant

Yellowstone- Thunderclan Senior Warrior

His paws weren’t aching today, which was a good sign. Yesterday had been a vigorous workout for him, as he had been up on his paws all day, hunting, and patrolling. Thankfully the tom’s stamina hadn’t abandoned him, and his well needed sleep was well spent. Nothing was like a good night’s rest. And the yellow pelted tom cat wondered what was expected for today. Hopefully nothing as intense as the day before. His mind often wandered back to his early days of being a young warrior, excitement and eagerness flowing through him, the moons of apprenticeship fading into maturity. Now, a senior warrior, the tom felt as if he had experienced so much, and it was going by all so fast.

But Yellowstone didn’t linger on those thoughts, he spent more time thinking about his clanmates. In his early moons he had grown up respecting the warrior code, and knowing that his clan always came first. Speaking of his clanmates. Yellow eyes hinted with green narrowed slightly, in a good manner,  as the tom’s orange paws lifted his body from the ground, his striped tail slowly swishing. He had been waiting patiently for his mentor, who in a short time would become an apprentice. Cariboupaw was a wonderful she cat to mentor, as he admired her bubbly spirit and energy. At times it wasn’t unusual for her to get distracted, or aloof, but she is a hard worker, with an agile and lithe perception to her calico appearance. And that included her nimble characteristics in hunting, she had many times proved to be swing, and precise.

The familiar dark amber eyes met his, as a smile reached his orange lips as his apprentice approached him. The tom cat rose to his paws as the apprentice approached him , flicking his tail in greeting, turning to lead the way out of camp. “Well, today’s weather had been plenty fair so far.” The senior warrior began once the two were next to each other for easy conversation. “In my opinion, I think that since it is almost the time you are given your warrior name, we will spend today doing a couple things in general.” His orange furred head turned to hers for a moment, his eyes content. “As if.. er a review if you know what I mean?”

Feared
    Participant

Cariboupaw ~ ThunderClan Apprentice

Yellowstone was an odd ball for sure, but he had been reaching her the ways of the land and the boundaries of the ThunderClan borders. And honestly things were beginning to become clearer, she was starting to recognize land marks and determine her location. Slowly her pale pink tongue moved to flicker along her bottom lip before she cleared her throat and gave the old tomcat a sheepish smile. Despite being her mentor, he was probably the only friend that she had within this clan, that was until everyone settled down. Her dark amber eyes noticed that he was already standing and flicking his tail for her to follow, causing her small legs to move at a quicker pace in order to catch up with him. Chin tilted back as she tried to peer through the canopy of the tree tops as he mentioned the weather, which she responded in kind with arching a slim eyebrow. “I don’t see how you can tell.” She remarked with a small smile.

He was quiet for a brief moment but that’s all it took before her mind began to wander once more, a soft hum permitted from her vocal cords as she gazed curiously around the oak forest. This still felt odd to her, Cariboupaw preferred the open fields and the feeling of the tall grass swaying against her pelt as she hunted. But there was nothing left for Cariboupaw in WindClan, her anchor to that Clan was gone. Instead now she was beginning to learn how to exist in a completely different environment and attempting to create a relationship with her brother. Upon hearing Yellowstone’s tender voice, she snapped her chin back towards the tomcat, ears burning as she realized that she hadn’t been paying any attention. The thought of her receiving her Warrior name in this strange land was nerve wrecking, would Bluefire bestow the name she was meant for? Or would Hollystar have the strength to see her potential?

She was unsure of her status within the clan, biting down on her tongue so she wouldn’t say something she would regret, but her lips were already parting. “Do you really think I’m ready for my assessment, Yellowstone?” She questioned in a timid manner, blinking when he turned his head to look at her, ears lowering back against her cranium. “Well, I just mean that…” What did she mean? Pressing her lips together, eyes shifting to look partially away from Yellowstone as she simply shrugged, it didn’t matter to continue that sentence, if he thought she had what it took to be a ThunderClan cat then that was good enough for her. “I could use a review.” She nodded her chin once as she approved in his decision, looking around for a moment before she flicked the end of her bushy tail. “Okay, I’m ready. What’s first?” Cariboupaw asked, chin turning to peer questionably at the older male.

Olive
    Participant

Yellowstone- Thunderclan Senior Warrior

Ah, the tom cat’s mind had recently drifted into a thought that he would have to face soon. Due to the she cat soon to earn her warrior title of the clan. After that, it was most likely that he would retire to the elders den. His inward sense told him that he would hate it, feel like he’s doing nothing for the clan. Yet the other side tried to tell him that it would be a worthwhile rest, and he could still do some things. After all, Yellowstone wasn’t out of shape per say. He had plenty of life in him left, maybe just once Cariboupaw is officially a warrior of Thunderclan, he would think more about it. Right now wasn’t exactly the time to ponder such things, while they were yet to come.

His golden eyes that are peppered with brown flecks turned to his apprentice, as she spoke, her questions easily providing answers. “Why, of course you’re ready I think.” The senior warrior stated fondly, with a subtle dip of his furred head. His pink tongue briefly swiped over his maw as he continued to listen to her recietent statements. The molly undoubtedly had undergone plenty of experience, and training. She had grown, and learned a lot, hopefully that is. And for sure, the apprentice had mastered her ability to be swift, and efficient, more that the tom could say. There were days where she astonished, and impressed him, under complex circumstances. Cariboupaw would most definitely make a fantastic warrior.  “You are plenty ready, I assure you.” The golden feline replied in a reassuring tone. When she subsequently prompted him about their session, Yellowstone gave a firm nod. “That is a good approach, and frame of mind, that I  like to see.” The corners of his mouth turned into an emphatic grin.

“So, what you will begin with is, or I hope, something that you can do easily.” The mentor began, after clearing his throat, pausing in his steady gait, to turn towards the apprentice. Sometimes his voice caught, perhaps that was coming of age. Regardless, he had a task at hand, and he was looking forward to it. Motioning with his tail, his gaze diverged in the general direction of the unyielding rock cliffs. “The tall maple trees are off to our left, you see.” Yellowstone mewed, nodding with his head in the direction. “What I want you to do is first master the rock cliff.” Sometimes the cliff was risky, but he knew that Cariboupaw was quite accomplished in this category. “Like I say be careful, because I don’t want you hurt into a pile of broken bones.” His attempted  joke was a little dry, but it worked. What mattered was that she was cautious. “And once you’ve completed that, you are going to climb, up to the fifth branch, on that maple tree.” The branch was a sturdy one, and the senior warrior hoped that she knew which one. It was prominent, one of the branches that is frequently used for training. “How does that sound? Good?” The tom’s ears flicked towards hers in question, his orange head granting a small, encouraging nod.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest There’s a Caribou in the Forest