The Wee Rascals (Wolf&Feared)

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp The Wee Rascals (Wolf&Feared)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Wildkit sat outside the nursery, paws shifting uneasily as he ignored the chilly morning wind. The WindClan camp was buzzing with activity, his Clanmates paying him no mind. Two cats were sharing prey beside the fresh kill pile, their chests bouncing with laughter at something someone said. Squirrelspots and Redstrike were talking in hushed tones outside the warriors’ den. Their purrs could be heard from where Wildkit sat, and their tails entwined in a loving manner. The tomkit wrinkled his nose and continued to scan the clearing. Two warriors lead their apprentices outside of camp and into the territories, and Wildkit widened his eyes with interest. Soon, he would have a mentor to show him the world outside of the WindClan camp, and that filled Wildkit with immense excitement. All three of them were getting more and more antsy having to stay in one place for too long. 

I wonder who my mentor will be. Wildkit dug his claws anxiously in the snow beneath him, his eyes darting to every warrior in sight. Suddenly, the sound of mewling came from the nursery behind him, and he rolled his blue eyes with annoyance. Willowfur’s kits were born the day before, and their mewling was incessant! The thought of having to share their den for another half-moon was frustrating, but Goldenrose had promised them their noises would die down as soon as their eyes opened. Although, his mother also told him that he and his littermates cried much louder than Willowfur’s, but he didn’t believe her. Pushing aside anymore thoughts about a mentor, he stood up and stretched his muscles before shaking out his long, black fur. Snow particles flung in the air, possibly hitting others around him, but he didn’t care. Wildkit padded towards the nursery entrance and poked his head in, scanning the dark room for any sign of Breezekit or Heatherkit. 

They were huddled against Goldenrose’s belly, all three of them still in a sleep. Wildkit narrowed his blue eyes and leaned in a little closer. “Pssst!” he spat, hoping to wake one of his siblings up. Willowfur’s head shot straight up, her eyes narrowed in a glare. “Quiet!” She snapped at him, groaning when one of her kits awoke as well. “I had finally put them back to sleep.” Wildkit flattened his ears with embarrassment. Why hadn’t he thought about that? He dipped his head in apologies to his older sister, slinking towards the nest he and his littermates shared with Goldenrose and prodded his brother awake. Heatherkit seemed too peaceful in her sleep for Wildkit to wake her. Wildkit leaned in and meowed in Breezekit’s ears. “Wake up.

Feared
    Participant

Breezekit ~ WindClan Kit

Breezekit was in a dead sleep, he had stayed up most of the night tormenting his Littermate, Heatherkit. He had enjoyed it when she got annoyed every time he pinned her tail under his rump. Being too large in order for her to move, having her plead was amusing but he was more so amused with her facial expressions. They looked just like Goldenrose’s when their mother was angry. The left paw twitched faintly as he dreamed of playing with Willowfur’s tail, of course his older sister was usually well tempered but after her kits had been born the Molly’s temper was on a short fuse with the her younger rowdy siblings. Soft grey nostrils flared as he breathed in and breathed out, the warmth radiating from his mother’s belly was too tempting to resist as he slept in. He hadn’t heard his brother get scolded by Willowfur, stuck in such a deep sleep that he couldn’t even hear the constant whining of the newborn kittens. 

Something small was constantly prodding at his shoulder blade, causing soft grumbles to leave his dark hues lips as he was slowly reined in from his deep slumber. Slowly his eyelids fluttered as the familiar voice of Wildkit’s hushed tone tickled his ears as his brother demanded for him to wake up. “Your annoying.” Breezekit whined, closing his eyes once more but Wildkit seemed persistent as he continued to prod his shoulder. Sighing, the young Tom finally opened his eyes for his deep green gaze to land upon Wildkit, taking in the familiar look of his brothers wild black fur and his shimmering blue eyes. “If we weren’t related. I’d kill you.” He teased his Littermate, finally pushing Wildkit away from him with his hind leg before he sat up and stretched. His pelt still held kit fluff, but the coloring was almost identical to that of his fathers. Wolfstar’s pelt was a slightly dark grey but the resemblance couldn’t be overlooked. A small white patch under his chin, although with white on his chest and most of his toes pointed him as the leaders son. Although Wildkit looked a lot like their father in the face, his wild black fur was an anomaly. 

“If you woke me up to play with snow… I’ll sit on you.” He teased quietly, noticing how Willowfur was eyeing them cautiously from the corner of his eye. He knew that his litter was troublesome, but he didn’t care. He was having too much fun living. Grunting he looked towards his older sister and smiled in her direction, standing up as he walked out of the nest and did his best to be quiet as he peered down into her nest to look upon the two tiny figures of his niece and nephew. “They look like little shrews.” He commented without thinking, but his green eyes were warm before his tail lightly flicked Willowfur’s paw. “We will be outside!” He whisper-yelled, bumping shoulders with Wildkit as he rushed towards the exit of the den. 

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Feared.
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Wildkit couldn’t help but snort after Breezekit had finally woken up. “You could try, but you wouldn’t be able to lay a claw on me,” he whispered back, his ears twitching with amusement. However, he glanced at Willowfur in hopes she wasn’t able to hear him. Their older sister had gone through so much the past two days with the birth of her kits, and the death of one of them. Goldenrose had told all three of her own kits that they were to leave the ginger-furred queen well alone, making sure not to get in her way or get her angry. Wildkit scolded himself once again at waking her and one of the kits up. When Breezekit stood up and left their nest, he followed his brother to Willowfur and peered down at the two tiny kits. He couldn’t believe that he, Breezekit, and Heatherkit used to be that little too. Wildkit looked up from the kits into Willowfur’s eyes, seeing the sadness an loneliness embedded in them. His heart ached for his sister, but he knew it was probably best to leave her be. 

The black tomkit followed his brother outside of the nursery and into the sunny clearing once more. The sunlight made the snow glitter, and Wildkit narrowed his eyes from the brightness. “It’s too beautiful of a day to sleep in!” He said once they were away from the mouth of the nursery. “I’ve been looking at the warrior’s in camp to try and figure out who will be my mentor.” Wildkit didn’t want to add that he secretly hoped Wolfstar would be his mentor even though it wasn’t allowed. “Who do you think you’ll get?” The tomkit pricked the ground with his claws excitedly, glancing around at the warriors’ activity in camp. 

Their father stepping out of his den caught Wildkit’s eyes instantly, and he tapped Breezekit’s shoulder with the tip of his tail. “Look, Wolfstar is out.” He stared wide eyed at their father who strolled into the camp almost majestically. He was so tall and large, very much unlike the other WindClan cats. Wildkit was happy to look like the leader, but knew he would be a lousy hunter because of it. His body build was more stout than his littermate’s who were blessed with a somewhat leaner build like Goldenrose. “Do you think we would be bothering him if we talked to him?

Feared
    Participant

Breezekit ~ WindClan Kit

He snickered to his brother, looking at the black furred tomkit for a moment with a twinkle in his green eyes. Clearly he was amused with his brother, before his brother pranced outside as if he owned the place, causing him to roll his eyes as Wildkit was the first to walk outside. Grumbling, he hurried after his brother but stopped short of going outside as he neared the exit, eyeing the white and shimmering snow. Snow was gorgeous but it was so cold, that it was honestly so annoying. “I hate snow.” He whined as he followed the exact foot prints of Wildkit, chin tilting slightly for a moment as his green eyes flickered around the camp as he brother mentioned that he was trying to guess who his mentor was going to. Smirking softly for a moment as his tail flicked against Wildkit’s pelt as he nudged his brother to look in the direction of a ragged white and grey pelted elder that was sunning under the pale rays of the sun peeking through the high clouds. 

“Your mentor will probably Greyrabbit.” He snickered as he pointed out the elder before he looked around in order to try and find a mentor for himself. “Mine will probably be Eveningstorm.” He grinned, eyebrows rising and wiggling as he looked towards their older sisters mate as he sat and spoke with a slightly smaller and slender dark grey feline. His attention was quickly turned away from Eveningstorm and Startledcrow while his green gaze landed upon Wolfstar as he strode gracefully out of the leaders den. “We are his kits! I’m going to go say hi.” Breezekit giggled softly as he gently bumped his shoulder blade against Wildkit’s before he hurried towards Wolfstar in a rather ungraceful manner as he slid in the snow, his large paws slipping against the the slippery snow. “Oof.” He grumbled as he bumped into Wolfstar’s large foreleg, causing him to laugh as he looked up at the large grey and white tomcat. “Hey daddy.” Breezekit giggled while looking up at Wolfstar.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wildkit lifted a paw and bat at one of Breezekit’s ears. “Wolfstar wouldn’t give me Greyrabbit, mousebrain!” His eyes were narrowed, but he knew his brother had been teasing so he ended his snap with a purr. Turning his attention back to their father, he searched Wolfstar’s expression to make sure it was alright for them to speak with him. Thankfully, he didn’t seem upset or disturbed. Wildkit’s whiskers twitched with amusement as Breezekit floundered over to Wolfstar in a very ungraceful manner, springing up some snow as he slammed against the leaders’ foreleg. He couldn’t help but roll his eyes at how Breezekit just went head first into everything. Goldenrose often said how much Breezekit was like Wolfstar in that way. Taking more time so he wouldn’t slip on the snow, he placed his paws carefully on the slippery ground until he caught up to his kin. 

At Breezekit’s grand entrance, Wolfstar looked down at his little kit with a rumbling purr. “You’re definitely my son, aren’t you?” he meowed, using his paw to help Breezekit back up. His eyes darted to the nursery. “I hope your mother said it was okay for you two to be out here,” he meowed, eyes glittering as he stared at the entrance to the nursery with longing. Wildkit looked up at Wolfstar with round, innocent blue eyes. “We can’t sleep in on a beautiful morning like this!” He nudged Breezekit’s shoulder to get him to look as innocent as he was. “We just wanted to think about who our mentors will be, and practice some training.” Wolfstar chuckled, smiling down at his youngest sons. “How can you practice training without knowing what to practice? And I promise you will have very qualified mentors to train you.” Their father lowered his head and rasped his tongue over both their heads in a loving manner, and Wildkit leaned in closer. Wolfstar did not visit the nursery as often as they had wanted, but he was also leader and important to the Clan. Wildkit treasured moments like this whenever he could get them.

Feared
    Participant

Breezekit ~ WindClan Kit

Breezekit hadn’t noticed that his brother was shaking his head out of amusement and disappointment with the way he had chosen to greet their father. Smiling his chin was tilted back as he gazed up towards his father, the large tomcat seemed highly amused with the way his son had chosen to greet him. When Wolfstar meowed that he was definitely his son, his smile grew and he gave his father a small nod to confirm that he was indeed his fathers son. “Yes, I am.” He meowed pridefully, bright green eyes peering up towards his father as he leaned against his large and muscular leg. As his father helped him to stand on his own, his paws slid around just a little before his little claws tug into the icy snow, having something to hold onto before clearing his throat. He hadn’t noticed the longing look that Wolfstar held, but he did know that his mother had been rather upset when she had told them to sleep. “Well… actually..” Breezekit started, but was quickly cut off when Wildkit bumped his shoulder blade.

“Ow..” He muttered quietly, although that was just a reflex to say, the nudge hadn’t actually hurt but it had gotten the point across. Ohhhhhh, don’t tell dad. He have a faint nod to his black furred brother, leaning in close to his brother to where they were now standing together and looking up at Wolfstar with round and innocent eyes. Both having the eyes of Goldenrose and Wolfstar. “Yeah, I told Wildkit his mentor would be Greyrabbit.” He teased softly and gently swayed to lean his shoulder blade against Wildkit’s, even though he knew that Greyrabbit was indeed an elder and wouldn’t be mentoring anybody… but he enjoyed the reaction he got from Wildkit in the process. His small head tilted when Wolfstar questioned how they knew what to practice and that seemed like a good question so he took a chance and glanced at Wildkit. “Mostly by watching the apprentices play.” He meowed with a shrug, before a soft purr tickled the back of his throat as his father licked the top of his head. He wasn’t used to getting affection from his father, but when they did the kits always treasured the moment.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wildkit rolled his eyes at Breezekit and shoved his shoulder again. “I can’t have an elder for a mentor! Plus, he’s grumpy.” The black-furred kit wrinkled his nose and glanced the elder’s way, hoping he didn’t hear what was just said about him. In truth, Wildkit never really had problems with any of the elders. He enjoyed their stories and life lessons, listening to their every word. Unlike a lot of the apprentices, Wildkit had a feeling he wouldn’t be too opposed to helping out the elders with bedding and tics, eager to be around them. Suddenly, Wolfstar cuffed both of his son’s on the ears. “You should have more respect for your elders,” he reprimanded, raising one of his eyebrows. Despite the somewhat-harsh cuff, his eyes glittered with amusement, clearly knowing Greyrabbit could be grumpy at times.

Wildkit shook out his long coat and murmured, “Sorry.” Wolfstar’s expression turned to a thoughtful one, his tail tip twitching. “I have a little bit of time this morning before I head out. How about I help you two out with some battle moves?” Wildkit’s blue eyes widened with awe, his mouth parting just slightly. Was their father really going to be their mentor for a little bit? His claws pricked the ground excitedly, and he nodded his head with vigor. “Yes, please!” He couldn’t help but jump up with happiness, his tail lashing and smacking the top of Breezekit’s spine. “Can you teach us how to fight a badger? Or a fox? Breezekit told me that someone told him that they can eat kits, but I would never let a badger or fox eat me!” Wildkit turned to Breezekit and put on a smug smile. “They would eat you, though.” 

Feared
    Participant

Breezekit ~ WindClan Kit

He laughed softly when his brother gently shoved his shoulder blade, smirking for a moment as he glanced towards Wildkit as he mentioned that Greyrabbit wasn’t just an elder, but he was also grumpy. “I thought that was my point.” He snickered, chin tilting for a moment as he swayed towards Wildkit in order to bump his shoulder blade back against his brothers. A small gasp left his dark lips when he felt the heavy sting of his fathers large and broad paw cuffing his small head from showing such disrespect. Bright green eyes flashed upright as the small Tom looked at the stern expression that his father was currently wearing, ears swerving to face behind him as he slowly lowered his chin. “Sorry..” Breezekit muttered, following in suit with Wildkit. Apologizing.. what a good idea.

Breezekit stared up at Wolfstar with wide eyes when the large tomcat spoke about teaching his youngest sons some battle moves in order to keep their racing minds and itching bodies occupied. “Really? Oh cool!” Breezekit exclaimed out of excitement, his dark grey and white pelt standing upright. Wildkit was jumping up and down out his own excitement, his tail constantly smacking against the top of his spine. Glancing towards Wildkit, he lifted a paw to gently swat and push at his brother to keep his long and bushy tail off of his back before he looked back at Wolfstar. Breezekit rolled his eyes, chin tilting as he looked back towards Wildkit. Of course, badgers eat kits. Everyone knows it.” He snickered, pupils narrowing for a moment as he examined the smug look that Wildkit was wearing. “Beetle sucker.” He grinned at Wildkit, lifting a paw to push at his brothers face before he looked up at Wolfstar.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp The Wee Rascals (Wolf&Feared)