The Triad of Amigos

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp The Triad of Amigos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elke
    Participant

Elkbone

The Suave Devil

The Newleaf season made things seem radiant and filled with life. The budding time of rebirth where the leaves burst from their cocoon stages and prey filled the land. It was perfect. Almost… Almost perfect. Although the great war was cast aside, there was still deep-rooted resentment towards leadership and opposing clans alike. An immaculate playground for more troublesome souls looking to stir a bit of chaos and havoc. All to see if the gears working within the clock would jam- or break. The war may have ended, but that didn’t mean the bad blood had. He could still hear the whispers of his own kith spatting upon the names of the other clans. His immediate family was considered to be aggressive, while tall and slim in nature, their tempers and personalities were that of brutes. They found the rumored transgressions of the clans to be unforgivable and quickly moved to onto the idea of battle when the time came. Many scars were earned, but to Elkbone he had grown to learn that such was honorable. No matter the context.

Yet all things had to end sometime.

After the battle was called off, the tomcat and his family gradually receded back into their warrior duties. Hunt, patrol, and maintain. Provide for the Clan, and StarClan above will provide you with your Eternal Hunt. He could feel the body of the shrew leaking its sanguine essence along the inside of his maw- tempting him to damn those teachings and tear into the prey himself. He swallowed, drinking back the blood while moving towards the fresh-kill pile. The fresh masses were recently picked through- by apprentices cleaning it of rotted prey or fellow warriors taking their fill. He craned his neck and set down the body mass along the front of the pile- giving the clan fresh choosings for the ripe picking. Elkbone then lofted his head up, ears swiveling to and fro while he listened on to the soft mingling of clanmates. Kittens thudded their paws heavily along the ground near the nursery with Queens overseeing their playtime. Elders mingled in and out of their dens, reminiscing and fawning over their grandkits. The occasional couple having marital problems that left the debonair smirking to himself. How small they were in this big, vast world and yet to them, this was all that they considered their world. This forest and the shores.

Feared
    Participant

Hailgaze ~ WindClan Warrior

Pupils narrowed as the tomcat walked after his fellow comrades as they were returning from a hunting raid. Dark grey nostrils flared slightly as he breathed in the alluring scent of the thrush that was swaying underneath his chin. Dark grey fur was ruffled along his broad shoulders blades, small blades of grass and the falling seeds of wheat that was falling off of the tall stalks of grass that covered their field. Being a large tomcat, he wasn’t much of a hunter, but more of a fighter. He particularly felt accomplished with catching anything at all, most critters that roamed the fields were swift, other than the mice that are randomly scattered all throughout. Grunting he lifted his chin in order to keep the bird from being completely dragged along the ground, his long tail lashing out behind him as he quietly followed Elkbone and Hazelspirit. Hailgaze was not very close with the two cats but he knew of them, his left ear twitching slightly as they walked into the heart of the WindClan camp. The scent of his father was strong, indicating that the leader was slumbering within his den, which was to be expected after a Tom his age had lost a life and needed time to recover from it. His mind wandered as he looked away from the leaders den, blazing orange eyes landing upon the fresh-kill pile, silently noting how empty it appeared. Finally he lowered his chin and dropped the wing of the thrush, watching as it landed with a thump before he turned away from the pile. He would eat later on.

His toes dug into the dry soil, giving his pelt a quick shake before he gritted his teeth. Year after year the old enjoy to his left hind hip was bothering him more and more. Today was no exception, giving him a slight limp as he moved further away from the pile, but he found himself staying around his comrades. “Damn hip.” He grumbled in a sour tone, his deep voice vibrating within his chest before he lowered himself into a sitting position, his eyes roaming around the camp before he glanced at Elkbone and Hazelspirit. “Very good hunting, you two.” He meowed, being the eldest out of them, he felt it was important to note their strengths. Which certainly wasn’t hunting. Slowly he lowered his chin to where he was draping his tongue lazily along his ruffled chest fur, laying the dark grey and white streaked fur back into its smooth and flat position. “Although… I think Hazelspirit is getting slower.” He teased playfully, making sure his voice was light even if his expression was not. He did not smile. Hailgaze was merely teasing the she-cat for the mouse that had quickly tucked into a small burrow before she could have swiped at it. “Prey these days. They are getting damn brains.” He smirked slightly, tail waving behind him with a brain of its own.

Pheebs
    Participant

Hazelspirit glanced up, orange eyes wide for a moment before closing when she smiled. Hailgaze’s comment was received with a laugh as the younger warrior approached the tom, settling down beside him and sweeping her large tail around and across her paws. Hazelspirit had been a part of Windclan for two full cycles of the seasons, and still she found herself amazed by things as simple as sitting with a clanmate. When Darkwolf had expressed his wish to leave his kittypet collar, and life, behind Hazel hadn’t hesitated to follow her life long friend. Looking back, Hazelspirit realized she really had had no clue what she was signing up for. Mostly she was happy with her decision, even happier when she found Darkwolf smiling looking more like himself than he had as a house cat, but on occasion she felt herself regretting it. Maybe it was the sudden lack of time to take naps and sunbathe, maybe it was the early morning wake up calls, or maybe it was the politics that more often than not effected all members of the five clans. Especially after the great battle fought between all five clans, ended only after Wisteriastar’s son’s passing. Right now, at least, Hazel only felt content.

“Prey’s already getting brains, hm? I bet you wish you had one.” The former kittypet joked easily with everyone, not even Hailgaze’s initial coldness when she’d first met him had thrown her. “You want to talk about getting slow, let’s talk about you.” To assure that no feelings were hurt, Hazelspirit offered Hailgaze a warm grin and a laugh. 

“Elkbone, I’m sure you at least haven’t had any problems with hunting. Seeing as I’m slow and Hailgaze here is near crippled, I guess you will have to pick up the slack.” Hazel teased, tail flicking in time with the smirk that lifted up the corner of her lips. Hazelspirit treated her age the way she treated most things, with a laugh and a joke. A younger version of herself might’ve been disturbed by the notion of aging and what comes after, but having lived a comfortable life and now a more adventurous and fulfilling one, Hazel considered herself content and satisfied. She wasn’t sure about this “clan in the stars” business but she was ready to go wherever Darkwolf went, which is what landed her here among more friends than she could’ve hoped for.

Elke
    Participant

E l k b o n e

. . . The Suave Devil . . .

The hunting party the trio pulled together was enough to feed maybe five. In his head, the mathematics of a feline were working together that metaphorical clock in his head. Three kills, all were currently thinner than desired. Not enough time for them to start plumping up. That type of prey would show themselves near the time of winter- where they were busying themselves for the time of hibernation. Elkbone’s gaze settled onto the Hailgaze as he prodded at Hazelspirit in a playful manner. A soft huff of amusement left his rubbery lips while they finally turned to him, Come now, Hailgaze. Hazelspirit was merely giving the poor rodent a chance on another day.” He softened the teasing for the she-warrior. Of course, the hunting was not the tom cat’s best of talents. He preferred assisting in training. His observance of hunting and battle techniques left him with the name Elkbone. A backbone for the Clan- the assistance for the youth.

He offered a cocky half-smirk for Hailgaze and dipped his head to the older tom, “Though it does warm my spirit that you compliment us so. Your hunting was exemplary, had we one of the apprentices accompany us, I’m sure you would have dazzled their little eyes with all sorts of the tricks you pulled today despite that hip of yours.” Elkbone certainly knew how to talk a crowd, and how to better inflate an ego. Though, it was all in good fun. The WindClan warrior was more content with sharing a few laughs with his fellow seniors.

His bright amber irises carved their way for Hazelspirit’s oculars. The intensity was all in a show of his smoldering they were- like live embers searching to burn away a moth who got too close to the licking flames. “Oh, no. The flattery is wonderful, unfortunately, you give me far too much credit. I’m only best within the group efforts like my father. Corraling prey into the jaws of your teammate is my specialty.” He said with a wider grin. “You didn’t do too bad. Letting go of that mouse was a smart tactic. More prey for us to hunt the coming moons.” He said.

In contrast to Hazelspirit, he was made for this life. To hunt, to protect, to be a soldier at every waking moment. There was a thrill in being of significance within a bigger plan just beyond his nose. His life for the Clan of Wind. He would have certainly been awkward in the Kittypet setting. Nor could he imagine himself bearing a collar or a ribbon of frilly colors. Groomed and pampered to grow plump and soft. He wrinkled his nose visibly- then released a sigh, “Prey is adapting to our ways, however. Perhaps new hunting techniques would be in order, hm?” He knew faintly of Hailgaze’s ties to the Leader, Wolfstar. His words directly heading for Hailgaze’s attention to the matter. “Wouldn’t hurt to mention the idea to Wolfstar.”

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Elke.
    Feared
    Participant

Hailgaze ~ WindClan Warrior

He didn’t mind the teasing that was floating around the three warriors, it was all indeed out of good fun and helped ease the tension. For whatever reason, prey was coming up short or even skinny, which was unusual for this time of year. A kitty brow arched at Hazelspirit’s words but he could clearly see from her facial expression that she meant no harm, causing him to grunt slightly in response. “I suppose I could use a brain. It’s been a while since I joined a hunting patrol.” He shrugged and shifted slightly to where his weight was not being held on his sore hip for too long. A smirk found its way onto his lips at Hazelspirit’s comment about his speed, causing his orange eyes to flash in her direction before he snickered. “That’s why I travel with youngsters. Means their strong enough to drag my hide back to camp.” Hailgaze merely brushed off her tease, refraining from rolling his eyes when she mentioned that he was near crippled. Perhaps she wasn’t that far off but it was amusing to hear at least.

Elkbone’s words jabbed at a smile for the tomcat but it did not appear, although he was greatly amused with how the other tomcat softened his wording. “Mmph.” Hailgaze grunted as he looked back at Hazelspirit, there was still a lot of the pampered life still within her soul but she had progressed greatly since joining the clan. The clan life was all Hailgaze knew, it was bred into him, but it was also easy to learn, as long as the cat was willing. “Your sweet talk will not get you anywhere, Elkbone. My hunting is less than exemplary and I’m well aware.” He shot the other tomcat an amused smirk, his long tail moving on its own to cover his broad forepaws. Hailgaze’s body was better suited for fighting, his frame was broad and despite his age he was still fairly well-muscled. Thanks to his fathers genetics, he was a little too heavy to chase after rabbits and birds. Mice were easy and voles were just sent from StarClan for him. “Although… you are right. The youth could learn how not to hunt like, Hailgaze.” Hailgaze snorted softly, giving in to the boost of ego, even if it was falling short.

He listened to Elkbone talk sweetly to Hazelspirit, he had known Elkbone for a little while and the tomcat was an expert with words. A very smooth talker, and even he could listen to Elkbone talk all day. His blazing orange eyes flickered towards Hazelspirit as he watched her expression, causing his dark grey nose to twitch with amusement. “You certainly have a way with words.” Hailgaze commented as he looked away from the tomcat, his steady gaze overlooking the apprentices that chatted amongst themselves, the youth and future of the clan. Hailgaze was almost lost in thought before Elkbone’s voice brought him back to the conversation, his ears twitching in the other toms direction. Instinctively his eyes flickered towards the direction of his fathers den, his expression thoughtful for a moment. “That is a very good suggestion, Elkbone. It is your idea, but I could mention something to Wolfstar.” He gave a brief nod. He was not exactly very close with his father, they had different views on life but despite that, he did respect his leader. “Unless you would want to do that yourself.” Hailgaze meowed, finally tearing his gaze away from the sight of his fathers den to peer curiously at Elkbone.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Feared.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp The Triad of Amigos