The One and Only Healer } Semi-Open Roleplay {

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den The One and Only Healer } Semi-Open Roleplay {

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Saffie
    Participant

===

Saffron sat in her den, her tail twitching as she counted her stock. She’d been on edge ever since the Gathering, where this new Tribe had come to interrupt the entire thing than claiming some of the Clan’s cats, including herself… She shook her head, she could feel her aura all out of whack and it threw her off. Pushing the last bit of comfry into its cubby, she stood and faced the Den entrance before turning to sit in front of it. It’d been a while since she could relax, especially with all this talk of her leaving her clan. She would never, could never… Could she? Her folded ears twitched, the peach Scottie settling down infront of her den, watching her clan with clouded Oceania optics.

Feared
    Participant

SnowyOwl ~ SkyClan Warrior 

She blinked as she looked towards the tomcat, rolling her eyes for a moment before clearing her throat. “I don’t believe being a brother to FireBird and fighting off that Jay can be compared.” The white she-cat laughed with amusement before simply shaking her head and watching as the tomcat seemed to cringe from laughing, her bright yellow gaze flickering towards his side for a moment as she noticed the hitch in his breathing from how sore he was from the fall. “Crazy cat.” She muttered softly under her breath, looking towards the Tom with a worried look. Shifting slightly she began to follow him down the tree, claws digging into the tough bark to keep himself from slipping into him, looking down at him as he looked up at her and requested that she not tell his brother about this. A soft snort left her nose as she grunted and looked back down towards the tomcat, appearing amused with Honeysplash. “Oh… don’t worry. I’ll be telling everyone of the heroic Honeysplash saving a distressed molly from the evil clutches of a Jay bird.” She laughed softly, gradually lowering herself further and further down the tree along with the tomcat. Finally they reach near the bottom of the tree, back legs tensing as she kicked herself off of the tree, her body naturally twisting in midair for her to land gracefully on her paws. Cats always landed on their feet, anyways. 

Moving towards Honeysplash, she gave him a hesitate smile. “You can lean on me while we walking to the medicine cat den.” She offered, moving her tall and slender figure to where she was gently pressing against his side, her muscles tensing as she prepared herself for the extra weight she would be carrying from the tomcat. He didn’t give her much extra weight, but enough to make himself comfortable was her guess. Clearing her throat she looked towards, his fur was rather soft but his facial features still gave away his pain. “Promise.. that you will never do that for me again.” She grumbled softly in his ear, even though they had just formally met, she would have felt terrible if he had gotten hurt worse. Tail tip twitching slightly as she continued to walk with the tomcat, finally reaching the medicine cat den, although she could already see Saffrongaze sitting at the mouth of the den. “Hello, Saffrongaze! Honeysplash here took… a rather nasty fall down a couple of branches.” She spoke with a hesitant and shy smile, she wasn’t used to talking so much, usually she was silent watcher.. but tonight she liked being a bit talkative. It was a bit of a change. 

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash braced himself before jumping the last few fox-lengths from the tree, landing heavily on all four paws. He gasped softly, the jolt causing his side to sear with pain. “I’ll be keeping my claws sharp, just in case I ever see that jay again,” he grumbled, the pain souring his mood. He struggled onward towards the medicine den, casting a quick glance back towards SnowyOwl as she caught up. His ears flushed red as the she-cat pressed into his side, stabilizing his wobbly paws. ‘W-What should I say? I mean, I suppose but…‘ is blue eyes wandered across her facial features, admiring her strikingly yellow eyes and gentle pink nose. His ears grew hotter, and he found himself speechless. “T-Thanks,” he managed to say quietly. “Unfortunately, I can’t promise anything. Trouble seems to have a habit of finding me, no matter who I’m with!” He gave her a soft, genuine smile, trying to ease his tensed nerves.

Upon reaching the medicine den the golden tabby quickly took a seat, moving a few paw-steps away from SnowyOwl. ‘Whew, I felt like my heart would burst,‘ he thought wearily. The she-cat was beautiful, graceful, and kind. But, he felt mouse-brained for lettings his emotions run wildly so quickly. “Y-Yeah,” Honeysplash mumbled, his ears flattening.  Saffrongaze seemed to have been deep in thought, and he felt guilty for interrupting the she-cat. “I might’ve gotten a little carried away, and I ended up losing my footing. I think I’m mostly okay, but it hurts to breath. I landed pretty hard on my side.” His eyes shifted to his paws, hoping the medicine cat wouldn’t pry too deeply into what happened.

Saffie
    Participant

===

The medicine molly gasped softly as her train of thought was shattered by voices. Her folded ears raised slightly, looking to see Snowyowl and Honeysplash approaching. The tom was hurt and she quickly stood to her paws, sniffing at the golden tom as he made his way to an empty nest. “Oh my.” She said softly. The Peachy Scottie could sense his tense muscles and by the way he was walking, something was seriously injured. She gave him a few moments to get comfortable before pressing onto her duties.

She sniffed at both his sides before concluding on a side that was tenser. She prodded a gentle paw to ensure it was the right side [upon his flinching]. His ribs shifted, just a tad, however. It was definitely broken but lucky the bones hadn’t shifted too far apart. It wasn’t poking anything, especially his lungs. She sighed in relief then began to think of the herbs needed. ‘Comfrey, Celandine, maybe a small bit of poppy seed..’ she thought as she padded to her herbs. Saffron gritted her jaw; she would need to go restock her poppyseeds. The medicine cat put the herbs within a stone mortar than placed a stone on top and pouring a bit of water into the bowl, using both her paws to grind the herbs into an edible paste. Looking around, she grabbed a large leaf and poured the semi-liquid remedy into it. Carefully in her teeth, she lifted the leaf and trotted to Honeysplash, placing the leaf in front of him. “Take this and lay on your non-broken side. You’ll be a small bit drowsy, that’s the poppy seeds. It’ll help you relax as well.” She mewed, running a gentle paw across his head. She settled down on her haunches. “This one wonders what couldn’ve happened that expert mountain climbers fell off a tree.” She teased a bit with a quirked eyebrow, looking at Honey than Snowy.

Feared
    Participant

Canary yellow colored eyes rolled to the heavens while a soft laugh bubbled from her lips. “Oh, I’m sure that Jay is looking forward to round two.” She spoke in an amused tone, head tilting slightly when he mentioned that trouble seemed to find him wherever he went, causing a smile to brighten her facial features as she turned her head to look at him, although she didn’t realize how close his face had actually been to her own, since he was gazing curiously in her direction. Her soft pink nose lightly rubbed against his cheek, causing her eyes to widen to silent horror while her ears turned backwards and her head quickly turned to where she was looking ahead of herself. “Oh… right. Well.. try not to be in a tree when trouble does manage to find you.” SnowyOwl almost tripped over her words, chin tilting slightly as her eyes were taking in the view of Saffrongaze as she hurried forwards to inspect the injured tomcat. Clearing her throat, she took a step back from Honeysplash as he made his own way towards an empty nest; his handsome face was contorted with pain and it only caused her stomach to tighten even further with guilt. 

The Snow White she-cat moved to sit in the corner of the den to keep out of Saffrongaze’s way and not to hover over Honeysplash, although she was clearly concerned for her clanmate. Canary yellow eyes watching the medicine cat as she worked with the herbs, using a bowl like rock and her paws to crush up the herbs with water, creating a sort of paste. Oh dear.. SnowyOwl thought to herself in a silent manner, eyes flickering towards Honeysplash for a moment before her ears stood up straight when she was explaining the instructions for his discover. She winced when Saffrongaze announced that his rib was broken, chewing on the inside of her cheek. Blinking in question, she noticed that Saffrongaze was looking between her and Honeysplash, slowly piecing together what the medicine cat had said and a soft roll of her shoulders were produced. “Uh.. A… bird came out of no where and spooked us. I almost fell as well.” She knew that Honeysplash didn’t want anyone to know what had really happened, so she just happened to come up with something on the spot. “Yeah.. that’s it.” She nodded and gave the other molly a smile. 

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Feared.
    • This reply was modified 11 months ago by Feared.
    Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash winced as Saffrongaze prodded his side. “Uh, non-broken side? What do you mean?” His ears twitched, confused for a moment. “Like, broken ribs? Broken ribs aren’t serious, right? I’m supposed to be on the dawn patrol.” It’d been many moons since Honeysplash was last bound to the medicine den, he didn’t relish the thought. It reminded him of his last moments with Mosspaw, before the sickness took her. He suddenly felt an urge to run, his hackles raising. ‘Breathe,’ he told himself quietly. ‘It’s fine, you’ll be back in the warrior’s den soon.‘ The golden tom glanced over at SnowyOwl, ‘I hope she doesn’t feel guilty, it’s my fault for being impulsive. I’m fortunate it’s not serious… I think.‘ He lapped up the leaf’s contents, his nose wrinkling at the bitter flavor. “I’ll rest, but how long until I can leave?” His tone was terse, and his fur was still disheveled with discomfort. His gaze flicked towards the den’s entrance. It was still dark, but he guessed it would soon be dawn. He nodded along to SnowyOwl’s story. It was a little bit of a stretch, but he was surprised that she’d tell a white lie. Especially for him. “Yeah, it was my own fault. I startled it while it was still sleeping, and it attacked. I suppose I need to be a bit more careful, I don’t bounce like I used to.” He chuckled, shifting in the nest as he tried to ease his discomfort. He knew the poppy seeds would soon bring some relief.

Saffie
    Participant

===

Saffron listened to the two with her quirked eyebrow intact. She usually wasn’t the type to tease but with everything that’s been happening, she could use a laugh. She looked at Honeysplash with serious optics when he asked about the time it’d take for his broken rib to heal. She even gave him a stern mother-like glare. “A broken rib is serious, Honeysplash. You could be here for moons. Luckily, the rib didn’t shift to it won’t take no more than two moons.” She said, standing and trotting to the back of her den to sort out her jumbled herbs. “Don’t stress yourself out, you can worsen the broken rib.” She warned, using her tail to sweep the unusable bits of herb into a corner.

Feared
    Participant

She felt her cheeks heat up when Saffrongaze kept eyeing both her and Honeysplash, it was clear the medicine cat didn’t believe their story, but it was almost the truth. Clearing her throat for a moment, her ears staying upright even though they really wanted to press down against her skull with the weight of the medicine cats gaze. A soft breath of air slipped through her teeth when Saffrongaze looked away from her, although her own bright yellow gaze flickered towards that of Honeysplash as Saffrongaze began to speak and explain the course of action for his ribs to begin their healing process. Lips tugging down in a frown as she glanced towards her paws, he would be stuck in the medicine cat den for close to two moons because he had tried to rid the jays from her favorite branch in her favorite tree. StarClan only knew how bad she felt that he would be held back. 

Slowly she lifted her chin and glanced towards Honeysplash, a small apologetic smile finding its way onto her face as she stood up from her sitting position. “I can alert whoever that I’ll be taking your place on the dawn patrol.” SnowyOwl announced, it was the least she could do since she was the main cause for her act of bravery. Clearing her throat once more, she looked towards Saffrongaze before she padded a bit closer to the nest that Honeysplash was currently laying in, she knew he had just taken poppy seeds so he would be growing sleepy soon. “Do you want me to let FireBird know that you are in here?” She questioned, head tilting in a curious manner. 

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash’s fear returned, feeling every muscle in his body decry a prolonged stay within the medicine den. ‘For up to two moons? Starclan, I’ll die if I’m here that long!‘ He sighed heavily, gazing unblinkingly into Saffrongaze’s blue eyes. ‘Please, have mercy on me,‘ he silently plead. The tomcat knew she was doing her job, but nonetheless despaired. “Saffrongaze,” his voice quieted, not certain he wanted SnowyOwl to hear. “You know how I dislike the medicine den. Please, I can’t be forced to relive Mosspaw’s last moments like this,” he whispered hoarsely. He noticed SnowyOwl’s intense curiosity, who awaited quietly further away. “At least send me back to the warrior’s den within a half-moon. I doubt either of us want my sulky pelt here for two whole moons,” he said, raising  his voice from a whisper. He tried to chuckle, but his eyes were still glazed with panic.

He swallowed his fear and turned, giving SnowyOwl an appreciative blink. “There’s no avoiding it, I suppose. Unfortunately for me, Firebird is leading the dawn patrol, so you’ll have to see him either way. I’m sure he’ll want an explanation.” He grimaced at the thought. There was poor chance that Firebird would believe SnowyOwl’s story. He’d likely be running around camp, loudly proclaiming how his mouse-brained brother was viciously hunted by a jay bird. He grumbled, expression darkening at the mere thought. He loved his brother, but his teasing and snark was relentless. The golden tom yawned heavily, feeling the poppy seeds lulling him to sleep.

Saffie
    Participant

===

Saffron peaked from behind her stock, Honey’s pleading eyes stuck her heart. No one liked being cooped up in the den, especially a Mentor. She pondered in her mind before scratching it. Looking around, Saffron grabbed some bindings made from leaves and cattail and a medium-sized leaf. Gripping the leaf in her paws, she hesitated to do this but she was positive the herbs would work their wonders in less than two moons but it was a caution. Patrols are usually peaceful anyways.. fights rarely break out. Saffrongaze put the bindings and leaf on her back as she padded over. “This is only for important, lightweight tasks. No fighting, no heavy lifting, no climbing trees to catch a bird. This is for your patrol, but absolutely no physical work, do you understand?” She snarled with a firm gaze locked onto Honeysplash’s eyes. “You are to come to me every night and rest in here until you get better. How’s that deal?” She said, quirking her kitty brow again.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Saffie.
    Feared
    Participant

She blinked when Honeysplash looked towards her and mentioned that FireBird, his fowl mouthed and tempered brother, was actually the cat that would be leading the patrol. I just can’t seem to keep my mouth shut. She thought miserably, she usually tried to stay as far away as she could when it came to FireBird, the tomcat was not a favored by this young she-cat. “Oh… uh.. wonderful.. I’ll just talk that over with.. FireBird.” SnowyOwl forced a small smile onto her lips, although her tone made it rather clear that she was not looking forward to having a conversation or even being close to the tomcat. Chin tilting ever so slightly while her canary yellow eyes flickered towards Saffrongaze as she suddenly returned from her stocks with a rather attitude filled tone and gaze as she stared Honeysplash down. 

Stepping back so she was no longer in the way of the medicine cat as she gave very specific instruction to the injured cat, pupils narrowing slightly in question. She was not exactly aware of all of Honeysplash’s history or why he seemed rather panicked to be in the medicine cat den, but honestly who could blame him..? It sure did not smell the greatest. Hearing that Honeysplash would be able to attend the morning patrol, although he was put on very strict orders to be on light duty the entire time. A small huff of breath left her soft pink nose, clearly relieved that she didn’t have to attend the same patrol as FireBird. “Whew.” SnowyOwl sighed softly, although she did notice both cats becoming aware of her sigh. “Oh.. I’m just relieved to hear that Honeysplash won’t be cooped up in here for all that time..” She quickly meowed, smiling. 

Lux
    Participant

A relieved purr erupted from Honeysplash’s throat. “Of course, Understood. However I-” His speech was interrupted by a large, toothy yawn. “I think I might need to rest for a bit, just until dawn.” He gave Saffrongaze a warm smile, although sleep tugged at his eyelids. The medicine cat’s words were harsh, but the tomcat knew she had his best interest at heart. “I’ll be careful though, seriously. I just can’t stay in here for too long, just I can’t.” He took a deep, shuddering breath, the pungent smell of herbs hitting the back of his throat. ‘It’s just for a while,‘ he told himself quietly. He eyed the bindings resting upon the she-cat’s back with discomfort, “Those are for me, aren’t they?” He could already imagine the pain of having his side wrapped, but knew it’d be better than being den bound.

The golden tom’s ears spun as he heard SnowyOwl’s relieved sigh. “Hey, SnowyOwl … I hate to ask a favor but-” His head tilted as he gazed at her, a tactic he’d often used to persuade others. His blue-eyes and handsome features usually sealed the deal. However this wouldn’t be easy, as her dislike for Firebird was palpable. “Would you mind coming on the patrol with me? Firebird is already going to give me an earful. Having you around would be a lovely excuse to avoid some of his scorn.

Feared
    Participant

The young she-cat started to back towards the exit of the den, since Saffrongaze and Honeysplash seemed to be having a conversation on the topic of his well being and needing to eat certain herbs that would make their medicine cat feel more comfortable with him moving around so much. Although, she halted in her tracks when she caught the sound of her name, chin turning as she glanced towards Honeysplash and found herself being drawn in with the rather handsome smolder that he was giving her. Cheeks and ears warming instantly, ears laying flat against her head for a moment. It had to be a law against StarClan for a cat to be so handsome. Pupils narrowed faintly when he mentioned that he needed a favor from her, lips parting for a moment as she found herself speechless from his words. 

Because… your brother is going to give you an earful..? What makes you think I want some of that earful? SnowyOwl thought to herself, although her canary yellow eyes flickered towards his side, he had broken his rib for trying to catch some troublesome jays for her. Although she truly did not like to be around FireBird, he was also a cat that was rather nice to look at, so perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad? “An earful you deserve.” She mumbled softly, although she seemed a bit uncomfortable that he was using his famous look upon her to get his way. Chewing on her lower lip for a moment as she slowly gave him a dip of her chin, she truly didn’t know how to get out of his ‘favor’. “I suppose I will see you at dawn… sleep well, Honeysplash.” She finally sighed, giving into the handsome tomcats request, although she gave him a pointed look. She may have owned him the favor, but she wasn’t going to act happy for it. “Good night, Saffrongaze.” She spiked to the medicine cat, her tall and slender figure slipping out of the medicine cat den, but not without looking over her shoulder once to gaze back thoughtfully at Honeysplash. This will be interesting. She thought to herself, giving a small smile before she turned and silently made her way towards the warriors den. 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den The One and Only Healer } Semi-Open Roleplay {