The most terrific liar.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Medicine Den The most terrific liar.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Finally, the long march back drew to its close.

Hawkpaw had held only the thought of a warm nest and getting to lie down in his mind, were it not for the promise of solace he was not certain he could have ever found his way back home. As both he and Lightpaw collapsed on the lukewarm den floor, the snow outside picked up to a more aggressive sleet. They’d made it in the nick of time.

It took every ounce of herculean strength within the black-furred tom not to close his eyes and surrender to the ether on the spot. Turning his head with what felt like the last of his power, he tenderly nosed the mountain of eggshell-colored fur beside him. The ShadowClan apprentice whimpered faintly, it wasn’t much but it sent immeasurable relief through Hawkpaw.

“Peach…blossom?” He croaked weakly. “Are you there…? It’s me again …”

Peach
    Participant

The ghostly sight of an injured Hawkpaw and his near frozen companion sent quick shivers down the mollys spine. The two were a clear reminder that just because the long rainy season was over didn’t mean that they were any safer. Bounding over to the black and creamy bundles, small pink nose pressing lightly into Hawkpaws side, while he tail tip grazed the unfamiliar feline, “You’re both freezing.” She lightly gasped, feeling cold just looking at them. Moving swiftly Peachblossom pushed two best close together, one for each. 

Returning to Hawkpaws side, she pressed against him, trying to help him stand “Up we go,” her tone trying to remain steady and calm. Allowing the dark pelted tom to drop onto the mossy cushion below. Next was the Shadowclan apprentice, one she didn’t know by name, but that didn’t matter to her. Peachblossoms job was to heal and heal she would! Moving the eggshell furred feline to the best close to Hawkpaw. 

For once in her time as a healer Peachblossom didn’t question her judgement, besides some warming up she knew just what to do, partly because she had become accustomed to healing Hawkpaws injuries. Carrying a mixture of herbs to the scratched up black tom, “Hawkpaw we have got to stop meeting like this, you don’t need a reason to come see me.” Her tail flicking the end of his nose, she had to admit the previous-rouge had peaked her interest, not like Kass or Snarlingbadger, but close. Poppy seeds, Goldenrod, and cobwebs were all part of the mixture the creamy medicine cat gathered, “You know what to do with these,” she mewed as her paws pushed them towards him. “And some for you, friend” Her voice trying to comfort the other apprentice when she moved the bundle towards him. Allowing the toms to take their medicine as she worked her magic with the cobwebs, placing them Strategically on their more severe, still bleeding, wounds. 

“Wanna tell me how you got these this time?”

Chris
    Participant

Hawkpaw sneezed as the fuzzy tendril of her tailtip tickled his nose. The tom scowled, unamused.

“Yeah yeah.” He grunted, but there was a gleam of appreciation in his amber lenses. He could trust her not to turn them over just yet. Hawkpaw found the concept of Medicine Cats very fascinating. Cats whose true allegiance was to something grander, a Hippocratic oath. The neat little rows of mysterious herbs each with a name and function only they knew. He had no personal interest in the idea of healing, but he still found himself in possession of a certain fascination and respect for those who did. More fool to the ones who didn’t, any cat who controlled small substances that could bring down even the strongest Warriors better than claws was not to be trifled with.

Lightpaw sat up and eagerly devoured his the herbs offered. “I-I’m Lightpaw, it’s my fault we’re hurt-”

“Your fault? Hardly. You didn’t ask your denmates to sink their claws in your pelt.” Snorted Hawkpaw, but instead of cuffing the younger tom he rasped a tongue over one of his bleeding ears tenderly. He then turned back to Peachblossom and continued speaking. “His Clanmates were attacking him at the border, three to one. Hardly a fair fight. Coming back here seemed safer, there isn’t any protection for him back home. I know Hollystar’ll have my pelt, she can do her worst. I could care less.” The midnight black tom cat said evenly. His eyes betraying no inkling of fear or conflict.

Peach
    Participant

Kass had peaked the young molly interest in cats outside the clan, each one held onto different beliefs and had varying stories to share. Kass had such a different fighting style from Thunderclan, more barbaric yet also held such grace, every move thought out. Peachblossom had seen Hawkpaw develop Kass’s style over time, they might like to keep their training secret but Peachblossom knew, she always had eyes on Kass and those who often visited her. News of Hawkpaw taking on more than one feline was of no surprise to her, he was Kass subordinate. 

Her blue gaze fluttered to the lighter pelted tom, “Hello Lightpaw, I’m Peachblossom.” Returning the apprentices short and cut off greeting. 

After all the young healer had seen, it was hard to believe anything could surprise her anymore yet here that thing was: A cold-hearted rouge showing a beaten up stranger a soft, caring lick. She dared say it warmed it heart. “Calm down there Solider.” Her voice light as she softly pawed at his side. “You’re forgetting this is my den, Hollystar might be our leader but I am the head authority once you set foot in my den.” Assuring both of the opposite colored toms they’d be safe in her care. 

Her attention returned to the defeated Shadowclanner, “Why were your own clanmates attacking you anyways?” 

Chris
    Participant

I wonder if Kass agrees with you. Thought Hawkpaw somewhat snidely, but apart from a petulant glitter in his firebelly eyes, he gave no sign of feeling one way or the other about it. He’d like to see any cat try to tell Kass what to do. He looked to Lightpaw, trying to send reassuring rays.

The sandy tabby looked at his round paws, looking very tired. He’d already told this story many times, but he seemed to understand why it needed to be re-upped with every new player.

“They’ve never liked me. Mom was a rogue, and after she left everyone thought she was a traitor. Redpaw and the others, I don’t know, they’re just….” His face cratered. “I-I’m thankful! Don’t get me wrong, they were going so much father this time than usual. But getting their butts whooped in front of me embarrassed them I’m sure. If I went back now…” He shuddered. “I know they can’t hurt me where others can see, but they can’t see me all the time.” He mumbled, sinking into a crouch. “Ill be good here, I promise. Just please don’t make me go back.” His eyes began to water.

Peach
    Participant

More rouge blood…the thought causing the molly to tense slightly; everything she feared was coming true, once one rouge enters more are going to follow. Unfortunately, Peachblossom promised herself she’d change once her naming ceremony happened. Even she’d admit that she liked Kass, and Hawkpaw was growing on her with every visit but that didn’t mean she wanted more in her home.

Taking a deep breath the molly loosened the tense building in her muscles, “You’re not going anywhere.” Trying to convince herself of her own words. Her large ginger tail realty lightly on his light colored fur, “The final decision will be Hollystars but so long as you’re injured, you’re staying right here.” 

Her gaze turning abruptly to the darker pelted tom cat, “You in the other paw, need to stop getting into fights. Kass caused enough problems for Thunderclan at the gathering, we don’t need you or anyone else causing more issues with the other clans.” Her fur fluffy out more with every word. “Thunderclan is strong but I’m the only healer while almost every clan has two, I don’t need to be flooded with wounded warriors.” The annoyance clear in her gaze.

Exhaling slowly, her fur falling back into place, “Your intentions were pure but you need to start thinking with your head not your claws” She mewed, lightly tapping his cranium with her creamy paws. 

Chris
    Participant

“Kass wasn’t the problem, all she did was speak her mind. Is it really her fault if these soft-hearted Clanners can’t take the truth?” Scoffed Hawkpaw obviously. The dark-furred former rogue was of the opinion they’d not been in the wrong whatever. If it can be destroyed by the truth, then it deserves to be destroyed by the truth. Words from the city rang as clearly in his ears as if they’d just been uttered to him yesterday.

“She’s going to make ThunderClan strong. It won’t matter what the others thing because we- er, Thunderclan, won’t need them.” He shrugged indifferently, and settled down beside his pale-furred charge. Lightpaw’s eyes shimmered with dissent, but he spoke none of what was on his mind. Given his situation, the young tom probably didn’t have room to criticize any cat here if he hoped to remain.

“My head? Sure, next time some poor lout is getting their hide clawed off I’ll be sure to use my head at them. Bet that’ll really send them running for the hills.” Sneered Hawkpaw.

Lightpaw only bit his lip.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp ThunderClan Medicine Den The most terrific liar.