The First Day of Training (Creek&Vine)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory The First Day of Training (Creek&Vine)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinepaw scarcely slept at all on her first night in the apprentices’ den. Excitement sparked through her body all night, eager to venture the territories for the first time. For six moons, she had been locked up inside the nursery, unable to stray from her mother and sibling for an inkling of peace. Unlike her sister, Burntpaw, she didn’t miss the milky scent of the nursery and every queen’s soothing voice to lull them to sleep. Vinepaw had gotten quite antsy listening to the younger kits’ mewls and the cramped den. Now, she shared a den with several other apprentices who kept their space and slept early from the exhaustion of training. This was the life Vinepaw wanted.

Vinepaw pushed herself out of the apprentices’ den and into the sunlit camp. It was unusually crowded with the ShadowClan cats staying with them, spreading their StarClan-cursed scents that reminded her of damp, muddy moss. Glancing around with annoyance, she kept her eyes staring ahead in hopes no one would come up to her, wanting no distractions today. The she-cat pressed forward, stepping out into the RiverClan territories where her mentor, Creekfrost, told her to meet him. With no sign of the tom, she sat down on her haunches and started to clean her pelt.

Burntpaw and Vinepaw looked a lot alike. Their fur was long, still fluffy since they were so young, with splotches and markings on their pelt of different shades. The only difference was Vinepaw had gray tones on her coat, the darker markings looking like vine branches along the side of a tree or a Twoleg den. Their green eyes were almost identical as well, the same color as a sage leaf. Their whole family had the same look, but Vinepaw was glad she was the only gray cat out of all of them, happy to stand out and be individual.

Twitching her ears, the apprentice listened for any sign of the gray-furred mentor, hoping it wouldn’t take him long so they could start immediately.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Creekfrost watched from the cover of the trees as his new apprentice approached, and his long tail twitched. His ice blue eyes fixed on Vinepaw curiously, watching her expression and the way her ears twitched as she listened – it was a good start. Rising to his feet, he stepped into the clearing, offering her a short but genuine smile. “Vinepaw,” he greeted, dipping his head. “It’s good that you were listening. That’s a good start for someone so fresh out of the nursery.” Creekfrost said approvingly. With a flick of his tail, he began to move farther into the territories, glancing back to make sure she was following,

The basics are incredibly important. No warrior would be able to do half of their job without the basics, so today will be about learning those. We’re going to take a walk through the territory today, and you’re going to use your senses to tell me what you know.” His gaze was fixed forward as they walked, though occasionally he glanced back to make sure his apprentice was keeping up. “This will also be a good time for you to see RiverClan’s territory. Memorize what you can.” Opening his mouth, he caught the scent of a squirrel nearby and he stopped moving, flinging his tail out to stop her.

What can you sense?” He said quietly, blue eyes seemingly appraising her.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Since Vinepaw had been listening intently, she wasn’t surprised at Creekfrost’s sudden voice, and she watched him pad towards her. She couldn’t help but give him a smile at his immediate praise. Doing well and being praised for it drove Vinepaw to become the best. While her sister, Burntpaw, needed tough love, Vinepaw was more relaxed and aimed to please. Vinepaw easily padded after her new mentor, swiveling her head around to soak in all of their surroundings. RiverClan territory was beautiful!¬†Memorize what I can… She stared up at every tree they passed, listened intently to the birds chirping away and the gurgling sound of the stream close by. At Creekfrost’s question, she stopped and twitched her ears before closing her eyes to focus even more.

I hear the stream. I’ve never been to it, but I think it’s over there?” Without opening her eyes, she used her tail to point to her left. “I hear and smell a couple of birds. I also smell wet moss.” Blinking open her eyes, she looked around at the sights. “The leaves aren’t moving too much which means there isn’t much wind up there. And…that plant underneath that tree trunk has a very strong, distinct smell.” She nodded towards a clump of fuzzy leaves next to some undergrowth. Vinepaw turned her attention back to Creekfrost, hoping she did alright for her first task. Was there something she missed? Her nose kept twitching to see if she could catch anything else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory The First Day of Training (Creek&Vine)