The Break of Dawn // White + Hazel

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp The Break of Dawn // White + Hazel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

h a z e l p a w
    in camp

It was relatively early, the sun peaking over the horizon and casting it’s peachy rays of light into the WindClan camp. As the soft glow of morning fluttered into the apprentices den, a small tortoiseshell she-cat stirred softly, her pale features stretching and flexing as her gentle, green eyes flickered open. She squinted at the sunlight, letting out a small sigh as she realized what today was; her first official day with Whitesnake. It had been a little over half a moon since Heathertail, her former mentor, had passed away due to sickness and complications. The young molly had grieved enough, ready to get back into her duties and continue training, though it wouldn’t be the same. Her best friend, Falconscar, had been made a warrior and knowing she was only a few moons away made her itch with anticipation. 

Shaking off her thoughts, Hazelpaw rose to her dainty paws and shuffled her way into the clearing, head swinging about for her mentor. She wasn’t normally awake this close to dawn, but she’d fell asleep early yesterday for some reason. Flicking one of her ears, she trotted over to the fresh-kill pile, sinking her fangs into a small hare and tucking into it, eating about half of it before dragging it to the mouth of her den. She knew that one of her denmates would finish it off not long after she’d left for training. Ears pricked and eyes alert, she settled on her haunches and began grooming her pelt as she waited for the tomcat.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by snow.
    Shy
    Participant
    Whitesnake
    Warrior of Windclan

The pale tom stood in the opening of the warrior’s den as the sun rose behind the trees. The air still cold even though morning light had already touched camp. Smooth, creamy fur covered his tall, trim frame, his face narrow in shape but still strikingly handsome. His eyes were the color of ice blue water, and they were sharp with intelligence. Whitesnake imagined that when Wolfstar finally granted him an apprentice of his own he would have felt happy, yet he felt offended. He was given Hazelpaw who had already had a mentor before him.

It was true that the Windclan leader had avoided giving him an apprentice on account of his temper, but did Wolfstar doubt him so much that he would only entrust him with a cat already halfway through their apprenticeship? Whitesnake heaved a long, suffering sigh as he resisted the urge to complain further. If he was to prove to Wolfstar that he was a worthy mentor, he would need to show him through training Hazelpaw.

When he’d finished thinking to himself, Whitesnake glanced around the clearing for Hazelpaw. She was nibbling away at a hare outside her den, and only when he saw she was finished eating did he get up and cross the clearing. “Hazelpaw,” he addressed his apprentice with a mindful and authoritative tone. “I’m pleased to see that you’re awake and ready for today’s training session.” ‘At least she’s responsible enough to wake up before me,’ he thought to himself.

snow
    Participant

h a z e l p a w
    in camp with whitesnake

Whitesnake’s deep voice didn’t surprise the she-cat, her green gaze shifting up to his larger form. Rising to her paws, the dilute tortoiseshell shook out each of her limbs at a lame attempt to warm up for the day ahead. She had only interacted with her new mentor in brief encounters such as passing patrols and brief acknowledgments. Somehow the pair never got put on the same hunting party or border patrol, but that was all about to change today. Hazelpaw had quite the cute, fluffy appearance of a feminine molly; gentle green eyes, a delicate and tall frame, and silky fur. Despite her soft appearance, she was quite the opposite of a gentle flower, though Whitesnake would discover her personality soon enough.

Skipping formalities, the apprentice just quickly dipped her head before rising to her small white paws. “I tend to wake up right at dawn since the sun shines directly in my nest as soon as it rises,” she explained, tail tip twitching lightly. Flexing her claws, Hazelpaw arched her back in a luxurious stretch, warming up her body as the cold autumn breeze buffeted her pelt. “I’m halfway through my training,” she informed him suddenly, watching a few other felines enter the clearing from their warm nests. “Heathertail was a hunter, so I’ve done a significant amount of hunting training, but Falconscar was helping me with battle training too.” Her explanation was brief as she referred to her childhood friend and brand new warrior being her sparring buddy.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by snow.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Camp The Break of Dawn // White + Hazel