The Brain and The Braun (Chanterelle & Hawk)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest The Brain and The Braun (Chanterelle & Hawk)

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Her blinked fuzzily, mind piecing together the shambles of his memory of the events. Yes….he’d charged and then…then Chanterellepaw.

“You were AMAZING!” He burst out, gazing at her with the most open sincerity he’d ever shown since being dropped off in ThunderClan. Whether it was the poppy seeds or the pain his threshold for filtering his thoughts had clearly faltered. “The way you set that trap…how did you even think of it? all I could do was run at it screaming.” He laughed, so hard that moisture welled up in the corners of his eyes. It appeared that the belated trauma was emerging through a kaleidoscope of emotions that he’d have to work through, over time.

“Aw c’mon, you’ve got your brains, let me have something.” Grumped the tangle-furred young tom, but he flopped back down rather than incur her wrath. Now tht he’d seen what she could do it seemed wise to show a little more respect.

Roach
    Participant

Chanterellepaw ~ Thunderclan Apprentice

Blinking in complete surprise at his sudden outburst. Narrowing her cyan eyes slightly as she was not sure if he was mocking her at first, that could definitely something he would do. Surprisingly he was actually being genuine as he complemented her on thinking quickly. Chant was suddenly thankful for the cherry fur covering her suddenly heated cheeks at his words. Ears pinning against her skull in embarrassment as this was really her first complement that she was receiving from another feline. Her parents never really paid much attention to her unless if it was something they did not approve of or if they thought she could do something better. Biting her lip as she tries to suppress a smile that was itching to grace her maw. Eyes twinkling in amusement as she could tell that Peachblossom had definitely given this usually gruff and distant tom some pain killers that loosened the usually upright apprentice.

A small bell-like giggle finally manages to slip through her tightly pressed lips. Shaking her head as she calms herself. “Thank you. To be honest…I don’t know how I came up with the trap. I just did it” she lamely explained as she just couldn’t get her thoughts and words to agree. Taking a deep breath as she takes a step closer, tail twitching side to side, subconsciously messing with the moss bedding that he laid upon. Furrowing her brows as it suddenly reminded her of their failed attempt to retrieve moss bedding. “I actually wanted to thank you” Chanterellepaw softly spoke. Giving him a sweet genuine smile. “If you hadn’t barreled into the fox when you had…” she trails off with a shake of her head. “Let’s just say I don’t know if I would be here if you hadn’t.” She added.

Clearing her throat before arching a brow at him, “You know, for someone who claims to hate everything that has to do with being part of a clan, you suit it well” she hummed as she lightly teases, yet serious at the same time. Licking her dry lips as she hesitated on what she had heard him mutter many times during his sleep. Keeping her words in check as now did not seem like the best time.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Roach.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Roach.
    Chris
    Participant

He seemed to regain some of his story composure after a few moments had passed, his brow lined itself again with a broody expression and his maw was tugged downward as if by hooks.

“Look, maybe I don’t want to be here but I’m not gonna let someone die right in front of me.” He shook his head. “You Clanners think us city cats are a bunch of heartless rogues, but I never knew anyone back in the city who would allow that to happen. Yeah, we like our freedom and our own ideas but we aren’t that cold hearted.” He stated flatly.

“As if!” He responded incredulously to her accusation that he fit in around there. “If I’d been alone when that thing showed up I’d be dead. I know how to handle myself back home, but here?” The tom shook his head. “I just don’t belong. It’s best for everyone isn’t it, anyways? I’m not a blind idiot, I know nobody can stand me being here either, when I’m gone I won’t miss anyone and they won’t miss me.” He shrugged, but his last stanza had an odd twang to it like an off-key note, the shadow of a doubt that after the events of this week there just might be someone he’d think of from time to time after he had gone.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Chris.
    Roach
    Participant

Inwardly groaning as she watches his broody expression form on his features once more. It would seem that he was regaining his composure, such a shame. Rolling her eyes as he instantly got defensive at her thanking and voicing her thoughts on how he would do well in the clan life. “I was just saying thank you! You mouse-brain!” She huffed as Hawkpaw just had to go on and ruin her good mood. “Can I not just say that without you jumping down my throat? I didn’t say you were cold-hearted!” She fumed. Eyes a blazing blue as she glares haughtily at the tall black tom. Though she would never admit to the thought that had crossed her mind when the fox was making its way toward her: ‘Is Hawkpaw just going to leave me?’ Chanterellepaw has always been insecure about herself, just knows how to hide it well from felines around her, unless one was to really pay attention, in-noticeable her inner dilemma would remain. Clicking her rough tongue against the hard palate of the roof of her mouth as she tried to control her irritation at the thickened skull of Hawkpaw.

Scoffing incredulously at how absurd he was being, acting like a little kit. “Do you even hear yourself?” Chanterellepaw grunted as she gives him a pointed look. Frowning as he mentions that he would not miss anyone and the other way around when he finally left Thunderclan. “Why do you lie?” She questioned with a tilt to her wedged cranium, her soft voice bluntly resounded in the empty Medicine den. “Why are you trying so hard to convince yourself that you won’t miss anyone, when you have a father that loves you! That’s been worried sick about you since you have been bed-ridden for three days!” She snapped. A snarl forming on her lips, anger boiling within as she couldn’t help but feel jealous of Hawkpaw. He just could not see what he truly had, not even if it slapped him in the face.

Chanterellepaw wished her parents worried for her, that they showed even an ounce of care, yet all she receives is a blank and cold canvas of stone in the form of ‘love’. “You should really think before you sprout out things like that, Cedarsmoke loves you. You just need to get over whatever resentment you have going on. You will regret it if you push him away” her beautiful cyan and turquoise eyes clouding over as tears well up in her eyes. The liquid sadness on the verge of  overflowing down her cheeks, throat constricting as she tries to reel in the tears that threatened to fall. That’s all she needed; crying in front of Hawkpaw.

Chris
    Participant

Her words had hit a live nerve, for deep in his amber eyes molten sparks flew like a forge had just been lit.

“SHUT UP!” He practically roared, standing despite the pain. His paw throbbed but it seemed distant, her anger burning so fiercely that it hardly hurt him at all. “Shut up! You don’t know a damn thing that you’re talking about!”

“He loves me?” He mocked sardonically, barring his white fangs. “If he really loved me, he would’ve come and been with us, like a father should! Then maybe Ocean and Lily wouldn’tve-” His fury seemed to burn out as abruptly as if blown out by the wind. He collapsed into the nest, the full reality of his pain leaping up to occupy his foremost awareness. It was as if the fight had gone out of him, but bitterness still smoldered like embers.

“Leave me alone.” Growled the young Apprentice, without looking up at her.

Roach
    Participant

She had expected him to react badly to her words, but not to this extent. Once she saw the blazing furry in his amber eyes, did she know that she had gone too far. Flinching at the coldness and the rage in his sharp thunderous tone. Eyes wide, form hunched and tense, as if preparing for an attack. Reddish brow fur sticking up along her form as she watches Hawkpaw carefully. Biting harshly on her lip to contain a whimper that wanted to come out. Nostrils flaring as she takes a deep breath to control her rattled nerves. “You think I know nothing” she simply states, a slight quiver to her voice giving the only indication of her nerves. “I know that Cedarsmoke came to me two days prior. Thanking me, over and over again. Crying as he did so. That does not strike me as someone who does not care or love their son” Chanterellepaw pointed out. Tail slashing side to side in anxiety and frustration.

Tense muscles uncoiling as she watches him loose his fight, as if all the anger was snuffed out of him just as easily as it came. She noted that it only dissipated when mentioning the names of Ocean and Lily. She could only deduce that they were obviously someone that he held dearly to his heart, in order to hold such hatred towards his father. Few tears trickling down, clinging to the cherry brown fur of her cheeks.  Straightening up her posture, letting her bengal fur lay flat against her petite form once more. Glaring with hatred towards Hawkpaw, ignoring the tears that continued to fall as she spoke; “It is you that knows nothing” she whispered before turning around and leaving without another word. Only for her to run into her parents later on. What a wonderful conversation that will soon be.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest The Brain and The Braun (Chanterelle & Hawk)