The Brain and The Braun (Chanterelle & Hawk)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest The Brain and The Braun (Chanterelle & Hawk)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Roach
    Participant

Chanterellepaw ~Thunderclan Apprentice

Soft grumbles escapes her parted black lips as she treks through the forest with purpose. Cherry brown paws pressing lightly and steadily into the softened earth, toes twitching at the feel of grass tickling her sensitive paws at certain times. Her delicate feminine features pinched slightly in mild irritation at being chosen to show the newly acquired former rogue made apprentice the ropes of what makes a cat part of the clan. Today was nothing special, just retrieving soft and dry moss to replace the soiled ones that laid within the elders den. Wrinkling her dark reddish brown nose at the faint memory of the smell that seemed to permanently linger within the elders den, if she stopped to smell around her she would swear that the musty smell could still be smelt. The young molly just hoped that her lovely chai tea and vanilla scent masked the smell. Chanterelle almost, almost forgot that she had company, but the faint but prominent sound of heavy paw steps reminded her that she was indeed not alone. Stealing a quick glance behind her, cyan with turquoise swirled with her eyes lands on the talk well defined form of none other; Hawkpaw. Within her quick glance she could not help but let her gaze linger on the tear in his ear or the scar that decorated his dark pelt.

Turning sharply away in order to not be caught staring. Nibbling on her lower lip in a habit to control the anxiety building up within her petite form. Taking a deep breath in a feeble attempt to steel herself before addressing the broody tom. “Keep a look out for a nice patch of moss okay? Not just any moss will do!” She chirped with a small smile as she tried her best to lighten the awkwardness that seemed to follow and surround them. Though she internally winced at her lame attempt, but dared not show it on the outside. Keeping her emotion hidden with a well placed mask of calmness. “At least it’s a nice day out. Not too cold nor warm! Plus we get out of camp” she rambled as she listed pros to why they were out and about. Her long tail flicking gracefully side to side in a carefree manner as her blue gaze flickers around attentively in search for the perfect spot of moss.

Chris
    Participant

Hawkpaw stomped along, his heavy footfalls scattering dead leaves and any prey brave enough to throng his dingy aura. It could not be plainer that the young tom would rather be doing anything else but tagging along the goody four-paws Chanterellepaw. Gods, what a name! He thought, chuckling mildly out loud. And here he thought he’d gotten bad luck getting ‘paw stuck on the end of his natural name, but at least his had been decent to start off with. It just went to show how little these Clan cats could imagine a truly deadly life, you didn’t have time to utter a name that was dozens of syllables long in the city. Names were short and sweet, just like life there.

So wrapped was he in his internal monologue of superiority that he didn’t notice her stopping and bumped into the smaller she-cat. For a moment all he smelled was sweet soft fur before jerking back like he’d brushed a thorn bush.

“Sorry.” He coughed, not really sounding all that penitent. “Yeah yeah, whatever. Moss is so itchy, why don’t we just go into the city and steal the Elders some blankets? They’d sleep a thousand times better on those.” Scoffed the black-furred tom.

Roach
    Participant

Chanterellepaw ~ Thunderclan Apprentice 

Cherry striped paper thin ears twitch and flicker backwards at the sound of Hawkpaw chuckling to himself. Tensing ever so slightly as she couldn’t help but wonder what he was thinking. Though to be honest; she tended to ask herself that very question often when around other felines. Huffing quietly as Chanterelle knew that she wouldn’t be getting the answer to her unspoken question anytime soon, even if she had willed herself to ask. Shoving the curiosity to the back of her mind as she had a job to do. Yes, collecting moss was not the most exciting thing about being an apprentice, but she always felt some form of satisfaction when hearing the Elders thank her or a warrior praising her on her apprenticeship duties. Another reason for not minding going out of her way to show Hawkpaw the basics was because of the peaceful silence that consumed the area around them. The rustling of the leaves blowing in the wind, birds chirping in song, and the crunching of dry leaves beneath her paws soothes the cherry bengal. Letting her eyes close momentarily in bliss of the sounds around her before letting her eyes flutter open once more.

A soft, almost inaudible sigh of content escapes her. The tenseness of her slender form uncoiling as she truly felt in her element, the forest. Taking strolls through the oak forest was one of her favorite pass times besides a sweet treat of berries from the berry flats within Thunderclan territory. Eyes brightening up as patches of moss caught her eye. Leading the taller tom towards her new found destination. Squinting her cyan eyes as sunlight peaked through the orange and red canopy of leaves, filtering the dull forest with light of color. Pausing near the moss, bending downwards to properly inspect the moss to determine if it was worthy for the elders. Though apparently the large brut behind her had not been paying attention as she soon felt his bulk hit into her unexpectedly. A high pitched yelp echos throughout the small clearing as she ungracefully stumbles and face plants into the moss. Grunting at the sudden impact before rising her cranium to give Hawkpaw a reproachful look. “It would be nice if you paid attention. Do I have to tell you every time I stop?” She snapped. Due to her close encounter with the moss, she decided that it was too rough and dry.

Bristling with irritation as she rises to her paws with ease. Shaking her pelt, letting clumps of moss fly off her dark red fur. Turning briskly away to continue the search, ears flicking in Hawkpaw’s direction at his words. Eyes widening at the absurdity of what he spoke. “Are you dim-witted?” She blurted incredulously. The control of her emotions slipping ever since her tumble, it would seem she no longer had a handle of her words or how she said them. “We are part of a clan. We do not wander into the territory of the Two-legs! Not even for what do you call it? A blanket! Now since you are now part of this clan, you need to stop thinking like a rogue and embrace your inner Thunderclan. Chanterelle ranted before taking a deep breath in lame attempts to calm herself. “Now let’s find moss. This time…keep your eyes peeled and pay attention” she adds with a small sigh and a glint of amusement in her beautiful cyan and turquoise eyes.

Chris
    Participant

Hawkpaw couldn’t contain a snort of humor as she ate moss falling down. He was feeling pretty low, otherwise slapstick would not have elicited much of a reaction from him. Are you dim-witted? Her awkward phrasing and word choice amplified his snort into a genuine laugh.

“Oh wow, what a burn. Should I see Peachpaw to get treatment for your loquacious insults?” He fired back, amber eyes gleaming like open flame. He hadn’t had a good volley with any cat since he’d gotten here, maybe she was different.

“I don’t get why.” He continued, turning away and scanning the moss-laden trees through narrowed eyes. “Blankets insulate way better, if you had them in your nursery the kits would be way comfier.” Something his his words softened as he spoke of kittens, almost an echo of tenderness reaching long from the past.

“And I’m not ThunderClan.” He spun around on her, his lips pulled back into a snarl. Both ears, torn and whole, pinned back amid his dense night-black pelt. “In case you missed the memo, I wasn’t born here. I’m not one of you. So quit trying to convert me, okay? Kass and I, we know better.”

Roach
    Participant

Ears pinning tightly against her wedged cranium, the flesh beneath her furred cheeks flaming with heat due to the humiliation that she was feeling at this very moment.  All her anxiety slowly bubbling to the surface, fur along her spine and shoulder blades ruffling at her internal emotions as she takes in his taunting words. Letting her gaze slowly flicker toward the leaf covered flooring intently with a frown adorning her features. ‘Gah why did I have to be stuck with him! I can’t handle his…that tongue of his!’ Grinding her teeth as her anxiety and embarrassment soon turned into irritation and borderline anger. Tilting her cranium to let her eyes lock on to his blazing eyes. Fiery blue clashing with blazing ember, straightening her posture to appear confident as she scoffs at his condescending tone. ‘Two can play at that game’ she inwardly thought. “Oh please! The only thing you need to see Peachpaw about is that horrid attitude and that inflating ego of yours. I’m surprised you can manage to stay upright with how big it is! Though I doubt Peachpaw is that much of a miracle worker” she quipped. Her tail lashing side to side with attitude.

Nostrils flaring as she lets a big sigh escape them as she stares at the black tom with annoyance as he continued to complain about getting moss bedding when twoleg blankets would be better. “Well I don’t care what you think at this moment” Chanterelle snipped with a haughty tone. “What I do care about is completing our apprentice duties for today. So stop complaining and start looking” she commanded, usually the young she-cat was very well mannered and calm, yet something about this fellow pushed all of her buttons. Right when she was going to make her oh so dramatic exit from the conversation, his personality suddenly shifted to something…terrifying. A shiver running down her spine as he snarls with rage at her choice of words. Blinking in surprise at the hate radiating off his form at the thought of being compared to a Thunderclan cat. Giving him a perplexed look as she hesitates, “Well if you hate being in this clan so much, why are you here?” She questioned with an arched kitty brow as she gave him a cautious yet pointed look. Finding moss pushed to the back of her mind for the time being as her curiosity was now peeked at the way Hawkpaw reacted to her earlier words.

Chris
    Participant

He rolled his eyes, seeming more bored than irked by her rebuttal.

“Insults aren’t really your forte, baby blue. Stick to propaganda.” Snorted the glossy-furred young tom cat, turning away from her to claw at some handfuls of moss plastered to the side of one of the many tall  but brittle oaks in the area. His brow furrowed at the foreign texture running under his pad. But as soon as she uttered her question he stopped, for once seeming genuinely stumped as how to answer her. It was a double edged claw for him, after all. He could either save face, or be forthcoming, but he could not to do both.

“I’m just here until I get my new….name or whatever you call it. Hey, did you ever stop to think that having to give up ones’ personal name to get entrance into your little group might be a red flag?” He did not care if the idiom was lost on a forester who might not even know what a flag was- or indeed, a blanket for that matter. How had these fierce Clan cats survived knowing so little?

“Anyways, my father says I can do what I want at that point since I’ll be fully grown. Just have to wait it out.” He shrugged indifferently. “But believe me, the second that happens I’ll be gone. This isn’t my home.” They took me from my home, and they act like me being upset about that is a problem? He began to claw more furiously as his vitriolic thoughts poured into his actions, his well-muscled shoulders moving rhythmically.

“You were born here, right? Of course you’d never question it. They don’t like questions here.”

Roach
    Participant

Scrunching up her nose in distaste at the sudden nickname that was given to her. “Baby blue?” She questioned with irritation, giving the taller feline a sharp look, even though she wasn’t fully sure on what the name intended, Chanterelle knew well enough that coming from his mouth; it wasn’t a compliment. Furrowing her brows as she too makes way towards the tall oak trees, standing tall and mighty with thick layers of moss snaking up the trunk. With her lips pursed and brows pinched in concentration, she begins to gently and skillfully rake her black sharp claws along the base, making a simple cut before sheathing her claws and making slow and careful movements as the she-cat rolls up the soft moss. It was a bit thinner than what she would have liked, but the texture of the moss was what sold Chanterelle to continue with collecting from the oak trees.

She had been so absorbed in her technique and the silence that she had forgotten momentarily the banter that had been going on between herself and Hawkpaw. It wasn’t until he spoke that she remembered she had questioned his reasonings for being here in the first place. Pausing in her movements, letting her cyan gaze flicker over towards the dark tom, regarding him quietly as he speaks. Letting a small frown tug at the corners of her rubbery hued lips at his explanation on why he was in Thunderclan. Eyes narrowing as she took in his tense form and the lack of eye contact, which brought her to come to a conclusion that he was indeed hiding something. What? She did not know, even though she hated not knowing things, she knew better than to pry. Puffing out her cheeks in exasperation of getting no where with the hard-headed tom.

Chanterellepaw could see where his resistance and abrasive attitude was coming from, he was forced into something completely new with no expectations on how it would turn out. Though she still did not believe it gave him a right to act like a spoiled prick. Finishing up another roll of moss, delicately placing the roll next to a few others before eyeing Hawkpaw once more. It would seem that her question and stirred up unwanted emotions within the former rogue. Licking her dry lips in hesitation before padding up beside him. Arching a brow at his aggressive movements on removing the moss, causing clumps to fall to the earthen floor. “Hmph” she grunted before lightly, yet firmly shouldering him away. Giving him a stern look, “You are doing it wrong” Chanterelle states, it took everything within her not to click her tongue in annoyance. “Moss can be fragile, especially on the bark. You need to be gentle. Watch me” she instructed before slowly showing him step by step on how to extract the stubborn moss from the roughened bark.

“I know you don’t want to be here, but you are here. You might as well make the best out of it while you can. Moping around is just going to make time go by slower” she gently says with a quiet tone. “Now show me what I just showed you. Please tell me you actually learned something” the cherry molly added with a soft groan as she takes a few steps back to allow Hawkpaw to demonstrate the technique she had just previously showed him. She knew that she could come off as a goody-two-shoes and a know-it all, but she had been brought up to be the best. To always do everything perfectly, though it made it harder when she was always being outshone by her older brother. Chanterelle has learned long ago that she would never be perfect in her parents’ eyes, but that did not mean she wouldn’t keep trying to impress them or others around her. She wanted to be the best that she could be, and if that meant working harder and longer than so be it. Yet, that did not mean she was not affected by the way she had been brought up, her inner turmoil made sure of that.

Chris
    Participant

The darkly clad young boy wrinkled his nose at her superior tone- or well, perceived tone. For he deeply resented being instructed like a day-old kit. Amber eyes watched her lazily, but with a touch of scrutiny. He noticed that she was quite pretty- another annoyance, beauty wasted on such a know-it-all..

After his companion was finished, he assented to the task taking care to exaggerate his movements in an overtly sarcastic manner, though not an incorrect one.

He felt warmth prickle on his neck as she stood too close, anger swelled up in his chest as he spun about ready to bite her nose clean off for standing over him like a prison warden-

But it was not Chanterellepaw who stood before him, but a very large dog-like creature cloaked in brilliant tangerine fur. A fox. He knew it at once even though he had never actually seen one, they had been described to him before. A long pointed snout, carefully framed white markings and jaundice yellow eyes. It was, in no short words, horrifying to behold. As he was taking it in, its wet rubbery lips pulled back over dripping incisors and he felt a hot rankness wash over him. He opened his mouth yet at first no sound came.

“Chant-” Without warning the canine thrust his maw forward and knocked him off his feet, for a moment he was aiborne until he made connection with a treetrunk and hit the earth with a hollow thud. Through slitted eyes he spotted the black-footed mongrel advancing upon Chanterellepaw.

Roach
    Participant

Chanterellepaw~ Thunderclan Apprentice 

’Oh Starclan…please give me strength to handle this sarcastic big oaf’ she couldn’t help but silently pray as she watches him for a moment exaggerate his movements. Narrowing her blue eyes, biting her tongue to prevent herself from saying something more. ‘At least he is doing it right this time’ she mentally pointed out. Shrugging her slender shoulders as she decided to leave him be and gather up the moss she had already collected. Turning her back on him as the bengal molly pads away from the stubborn fellow apprentice. Soft hums could be heard from her lips, tail swaying gracefully side to side at the tune. Just because Hawkpaw was a sour puss did not mean he had to bring down her mood. Paper thin ears twitching at the sounds around her, the chirping of blue jays, to the rustling of branches rubbing against one another due to the breeze sweeping through the small clearing of trees.

Bending downwards to gently grasp the bundles of moss within her maw. Scrunching her face in distaste at the earthly taste that cling to her tongue. Pausing suddenly at the strange odor that infiltrated her senses caught her attention. The musky scent was oddly placed and stood out against the fresh air and earthly tones. Slowly the petite cherry brown molly turns, muscles tensing with uncertainly. Eyes widening in alarm at the sight before her. ‘A Fox…’ a horrid feeling washed over her like ice cold rain. The situation dawning on her but yet she was frozen. Jaw going slack, letting the bundles of moss to drop to the ground. Oh how badly she wanted to run, to leave the fox behind, but she could not move nor would she leave Hawkpaw behind. Poor black tom was oblivious to the threat that looms over his shoulder. Throat constricting with anxiety bubbling on the verge of flowing over.

Blinking in surprise once her companion finally notices their unwanted visitor. ‘Why is this happening now?! When two inexperienced apprentices are out on their own?!’ Her voice echoed within her head. A croak of panic scrapped against her throat, trying everything to escape her lips as she watches him being flung against the tree, ears pinning against her skull as she felt at fault for his injury, all because she could not move. “Hawk…” she whimpered pitifully as her panicked gaze eyes the fox warily. Finally her body listened to her mind, as if she was no longer compelled to stay still. Stumbling backwards in fright as the rustic orange predator stalks tauntingly towards her. Glancing around frantically, her thoughts going a million miles a minute, she could even feel a dull ache forming on the inside of her skull.

Chest heaving as gasps of air escapes her as the fox got closer. ‘Think! Think!’ She scolded herself at her idiotic behavior. Crouching low as she waited for the fox to make its move. Her eye stayed train on the creature, taking in every little detail, shivering in disgust at the drool dripping down its intimidatingly sharp teeth. Blue staring at orange as the two eyed one another in agonizing silence. It was a waiting game.

Chris
    Participant

Just before the sinister beast could decide upon it’s next move, a strangled cry shattered the terse silence prompting the fox to turn aside in confusion.

Hawkpaw had broken into a furious charge, an otherworldly cry bursting from him like a bull from the bullpen, impossible to contain or describe. He closed the distance with the speed of a WindClanner crashing unceremoniously into the fox, its smell instantly flooding his senses. He had smelled them before at a distance, but his was an overwhelming sickly sweet arbor that threatened to choke out his consciousness. Blackness closed over his vision briefly but he loosed it with a deep intake of oxygen. His adrenaline was roaring, forming a direct pathway between his panic and his actions completely bypassing any higher self awareness- he had only one thought, not so much a thought even, but a wordless urge. Protect her. Protect her. Protect her.

His paws moved in a blur, slashing madly at any tuft of orange they could reach. Rapidly both parties blood was spraying through the frigid air where it fell in scattered droplets melting instantly any snow unfortunate enough to catch it. The fox was at first, too stunned by this development to retaliate allowing the novice black tom to land several critical blows, but this did not last long. Almost slowly by comparison, it’s white-stained-red maw swung downward and clamped down on on of Hawkpaw’s lashing limbs stopping him in a deadlock. Like a hummingbird whose wing was caught the action instantly ceased and their positions became crystal clear, his arm horrifically twisted in those jaws as a screech of agony left him, body going limp as though his spirit had departed along with it.

This was it, he was going to die.

He had thought of the moment many times, perhaps not explicitly but it had resided the shadow of every risk he’d ever taken in his short life.

Primarily, he would have been concerned if his end was sufficiently cool sounding. A child’s fantasy, yet here in reality he found himself only worried about what he was dying for, not how. Though he could not see her, he assumed wrongly that Chanterellepaw had fled. She’d live on, safe. Sure she was a snooty little goody-four-paws, but from his brief time among these Clanners he felt sure that she embodied the goodness that those old fools strove for. Did the dressing really matter? Her fettered anxiety, her doubts that he could see her wallowing in. At her core, she was important and Hawkpaw felt a sense of calm to be aware that his death would serve to protect that spark. It would be a fire someday, and he’d watch from wherever he was content in knowing his ephemeral existence had been good for……something.

The young tom closed his eyes, praying it would at least be fast.

I’m sorry, mom. Dad…

Roach
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Chanterellepaw~ Thunderclan Apprentice </p>
    It was as if all her senses came back to her, slamming into her with such suddenness that she had to dig her claws into the softened earth to stabilize herself. Cyan eyes widening almost comically at the animalistic howl that escaped <b><u>Hawkpawk’s</u></b> lips. Flinching at the harsh sound, pinning her ears tightly against her skull as she scrambled quickly out of the way as her companion heroically barreled into the fox, just when the frightening creature was about to attack her small form. Breathing with relief as she was safe, for now.  Chanterelle could not help but stare in awe that the one feline that was talking as if clan life nor companions in general were worth anything and yet here he was fighting tooth and nail to protect her. If anyone looked at her, she would resemble a type of fish, with her opening and closing her jaw due to the shock she was feeling. She couldn’t hear anything around her, adrenaline pumping so fast throughout her bodily systems, her fast heart beat pulsing so loudly that she wouldn’t be surprised if every living animal around could hear.  Her cherry brown covered body ached with how tense she was as she continued to watch <b><u>Hawkpaw</u></b> and the rapid fox test at eachother.

Throat tightening as she held back a scream at watching the rustic orange predator twist it’s slim form to sink it’s fangs into Hawk’s leg. <span style=”color: #800080;”>‘I have to do something! But what?’</span> She frantically thought. Brows furrowing as her mind raced with trying to figure out what would be the best possible outcome in saving her fellow apprentice. Head shooting towards the edge of the clearing, taking in every detail of the familiar area. Her delicate features brightening up as she remembers older warriors making comments on that there were several old fox traps laying about that twolegs had set up but now laid forgotten. If her calculations were correct… one laid near. All she needed to do was check and make sure the trap was valuable still. With a quick glance at Hawkpaw, worry clear in her gaze as he was holding on but if she didn’t do anything soon…Darting off without a second thought, <span style=”color: #800080;”>‘Please hold on Hawk. Oh Starclan please don’t let him die because of me’</span> she silently prayed as she ran. Slowing her pace as she edged toward the outskirts, carefully watching her footing as she searches for her target.

Breath hitching as a glittering object caught her eye, moving slowly towards the unknown figurine. She had indeed found the fox trap, yet it had already been triggered, rendering it useless now. <span style=”color: #800080;”>‘Oh no..’</span> she whimpered before shaking her head with determination <span style=”color: #800080;”>“Okay. So that’s not going to work”</span> she muttered to herself as she looks around at her surroundings. Their position was on higher land, further into the dense forest was a cliff, about a 35 feet drop. Scattering closer as she peers down, shivering at the thought of falling. Though it wasn’t part of her plan to be the one tumbling down. Moving quickly as she knew that she could not waste anymore time, pulling down vines that intertwined along several olden oaks. Paws quivering and mentally cursing as she weaves the vines together before connecting them from one branch to another. Stepping back with her head tilted as the vines would do for in-stabilizing the fox to give her enough time.

Without pausing she runs back to <b><u>Hawkpaw</u></b>, her heart stopping as the fox held him in a tight grip, ready to finish the battle. Hissing in anger as she dashes at her target, with a swift movement, her paw hits the ground, flinging dirt and snow into its golden hues. <span style=”color: #800080;”>“Leave him alone Fox Dung! And come get me!”</span> Chanterelle prodded. Feeling relief that the fox, startled by her attack to his gaze releases Hawk. In it’s blind anger the fox dashes after the young feline. Chant was it’s sole target. No matter how much she wanted to look back, she knew she couldn’t. Any wrong move could ruin her plan, everything had to work. Grinning as she spots the edge of the cliff and her vines up ahead. Holding her breath, slipping her claws out of its sheaths as she unexpectedly ducks under the vines, digging her claws into the earth. Rolling to the side to avoid tumbling down the cliff. The fox’s eye sight was clouded due to the dirt clinging to its irritated eyes that it had no time to react to Chant’s sudden disappearance before feeling something constricting around its neck. Causing the surprised creature to stumble and tumble towards the cliff. Just when it was beginning to gain balance the weakened stone beneath the bulk of the fox collapsed, taking the threat along with it.

Gasping for breath as she laid a few feet away from the cliff toward the left. Sweat clinging to her form before weakly rising to her paws. Frowning at the thought of ending the fox’s life but it was a threat. With one last guilt stricken gaze toward the cliff she makes her way back to <b><u>Hawkpaw</u></b>. <span style=”color: #800080;”>‘Please be alive..’</span>

Chris
    Participant

Everything that occurred after the fog of pain lifted happened too fast for Hawkpaw to accurately describe, yet at the same time it seemed to drag on forever to actually pass. He was aware of hitting the leafbed, his vantage point at a dutch angle observing the fox abandoning him for a more enticing target- not just any target. Distinct blue eyes and her voice- it was Chanterellpaw, she hadn’t left. He felt anger like a white hot poker in his gut, why was she still here?!

When he tried to call out, no sound came. Attempts to rise resulted in blinding pain and inevitable failure. It was only dimly that he understood when the threat had passed, and how that had come to be. But the tom only had a moment to dwell on it before everything went silent, and then black.

Following was a mosaic of frightening images and sounds, the distinct feeling that he was running from someone or something, but not getting very far. His mother was there, somewhere. Her scent, and the scent of blood overwhelmed him.

When Hawkpaw finally came to his throat felt scratchy as though he’d yelled himself hoarse. His injured paw was now wrapped in a thick gauze, muffling the pain. All around him there was the aroma of tangy bitter herbs and clean water. When he tried to move he found that every inch of his being profoundly ached. He also had the strong feeling he was forgetting something important…..or being watched..

Suddenly amber eyes met blue and he gasped audibly.

“Chanterelle- are you okay?”

Roach
    Participant

Three days. It had been three days since the fox attack, since heaving Hawkpaw back to their camp, screaming for help. Being swarmed by felines of her clan, being demanded of to explain what happened. The poor young molly was exhausted by the time she was through with talking, to the point she wished that she was Hawkpaw at that moment…sleeping. Hawkpaw. Oh how worried she was for the grumpy and stubborn apprentice, when he woke up she was going to smack him for his idiotic and reckless behavior on believing he could take down a fox.  ‘A fox that would have killed you if it hadn’t been for him’ a voice within her mind reasoned. Scoffing softly as she rolls her eyes at her own inner thoughts.

At first, Chanterelle had been concerned that he hadn’t awoken yet, and had feared for the worst. Luckily Peachblossom was able to calm the anxiety stricken apprentice and explain that he needed rest in order to heal. It made sense, but didn’t mean she was happy about it, that he got to loom around in the Medicine cat den sleeping instead of suffering with her when felines came up to hear the tale. She knew it was stupid and maybe even weird of her to be waiting for him to awaken, but she really didn’t have anyone else to talk to or confine in. She just figured he at least owed her to be civil since she saved his bee-hind.

Biting her lip had always been a nervous tell, it subconsciously helped calm the raging nerves within her petite form. Ears perking up at the faint whimpers escaping Hawkpaw. ‘Another nightmare?’ She wondered. In her time of waiting on him, she noticed that he was prone to nightmares. It was a reoccurrence, especially when he calls out for his mother and sister. Frowning at the thought as she wondered what had happened to cause him to sound in such pain. Pulling out of her thoughts at her name being hoarsely muttered.

Snapping her cranium in his direction, eyes widening for a brief moment before narrowing her eyes at the finally awake tom. “About time you got your butt up!” She exclaimed with a sigh of relief as she rises to her paws. Moving slightly closer to the dark apprentice before cuffing him behind his ear as she gives him a small glare. “You could have died! That was very reckless of you. Charging at a fox” she scoffed, though she wouldn’t admit that she was very grateful that he had.

Chris
    Participant

No sooner had his spirit returned to it’s mortal prison Hawkpaw found himself being physically and verbally berated. He ducked his head with a low utterance of protest, rubbing the tender place her paw had left behind.

“At least you’re here to complain about it.” Grumbled the glossy black tom, hearthfire eyes glittering like a bed of embers as they looked her over. He released a breath he hadn’t been aware he was holding in when he saw that she was unharmed, and feeling returned to his extremeties. The Apprentice sat up, lapping at his ruffled pelt and nosing the itchy bandages on his forearm.

“Ugh. This is going to take forever to heal! I hope it at least leaves a cool scar.” He added.

Roach
    Participant

Chanterellepaw ~Thunderclan Apprentice 

Huffing, causing her cheeks to puff out with air before releasing her breath. Removing her paw from behind his ear as she settles back down. Of course, Chant was still irked at his recklessness for running full course at such a dangerous foe like a fox. She hadn’t realized just how worried she was for the grump until he idiotically risked his life in order to save hers. Definitely something she would expect from one who truly believed in the clan life, and yet was the exact opposite. Just when she was calming down from her little rant and scare, he had to just open his mouth and ruin her mood.

Cyan and turquoise eyes flickering with mild anger as he had the audacity to mention that if it weren’t for him, she wouldn’t be here. ‘And to think I was going to thank him!’ Clicking her tongue as she gives him a pointed look. “And if it weren’t to me; you wouldn’t be here, alive, right now” Chant fumed. When the cherry bengal usually becomes upset or anger, her nose twitches, a small tick that she had no control over. “I am the one who got rid of the fox” she crumbled as in a way she felt unappreciated.

She had to keep reminding herself that she did not need any reassurance in her actions nor praise. All she needed was to know that she did the best thing she could do, and that it had a positive outcome. Sadly, she wished her stubborn parents could see just how much she had improved. All they saw was a little she-cat with no value. Grinding her teeth subconsciously at the thought before Hawkpaw’s deep voice filtered her thoughts. Blinking owlishly at his sudden movements, frantically she rises to her paws.

“What do you think you are doing?! Lay back down!” She shrilled in irritation to his complete disregard to the damage he was in due to his in counter. “You are lucky you even have that limp” she pointed out with a stressed out sigh, wondering if she would ever be aloud to get through to him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest The Brain and The Braun (Chanterelle & Hawk)