Surprise, Surprise (Wolf and Golden)

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Surprise, Surprise (Wolf and Golden)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Goldenrose ~ WindClan Queen

A few days had gone by since the battle, and even though her shoulders and chest wounds were absolutely killing her, she wouldn’t dare complain. Wolfstar has finally loosened his reins on her, allowing her to accompany small border patrols, although she was greatly regretting her decision. Goldenrose sighed softly as she limped slowly into camp, the pace of the patrol had been brutal but she wasn’t about to complain, she had fought her way onto getting to go. Although that wasn’t the reason why she was feeling so jumpy, for three day’s now she had known that she was currently carrying her second litter and honestly she wasn’t surprised. For week Wolfstar and herself had been busy little beavers and she was so excited, but also very hesitant to share the news with Wolfstar. He… was behaving oddly. His temper was on a short fuse and was spiking uncontrollably, he was getting short with Desertrose here and there and was snappy towards his warriors. For the most part he was gentle and caring towards her but there were a few times he had snapped at her and strangely more protective since her injuries beforehand. Goldenrose knew it wasn’t a great reason for her to be keeping this news to herself, but she was nervous for his reaction. Slowly her pink tongue roamed over her pale white lips for a moment as she gazed around the camp, although she noticed that Wolfstar’s scent appeared to be a little stale, causing her catch sight of a red tabby she-cat. “Oh, Redwing… have you seen Wolfstar?” She asked the molly, while the blue eyed wonder smiled right back at her. “He’s down by the lake. At least he was when our hunting party went by.” Redwing meowed before Goldenrose nodded her head and looked towards the direction of the lake. Come on, Goldenrose… he needs to know. She mentally spoke to herself, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to hide her pregnancy for too much longer, pressing her lips together as she made up her mind and began to make her way towards the lake.

Eyes narrowed as the molly finally spotted the dark and broad figure of her mate sitting near the lake, usually he would be perched upon the dock but most of it was missing and I guess after that scare he wasn’t about to find his way back out there. Vulnerable. Her heart was beating a mile a minute as she slowly walked down the incline, trying to nurse her limp as she made her way towards Wolfstar. She made sure that she wasn’t too quiet, she didn’t want to spook him. Pupils narrowed along the broad back of the tomcat, a soft smile reaching her lips as she was beginning to calm down. “I seem to recall you had that same expression upon your face when you were considering pushing me into the lake.” Goldenrose mused softly, walking up to the tomcat as she gently rubbed her face into his thick neck fur before she settled herself down beside him, she wasn’t sure which mood he was expressing today but he needed to know. “I’m sorry for interrupting your thoughts, love. But.. there is something I’ve been meaning to speak with you about.” Goldenrose apologized, keeping her smile small and soft as she gazed up at him.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~W O L F S T A R~

Don’t become the cat you feared, Wolfstar.

I’m not.”

You know what happens when anger clouds your judgement.

I have a right to be angry.” Wolfstar’s shoulder stiffened at the continuous noise of Berrystar’s warning ringing in his mind like a rock falling down an infinitely long hill. It wouldn’t stop. It wouldn’t leave him alone, and he just knew it was his StarClan ancestors doing this to him. “You’re going to make me crazy if you don’t leave me alone.” He stared out at the lake ahead of him, paying no mind to the dark clouds that hovered over the fields on the other side. As if they had listened, Berrystar’s voice vanished, and he let out a breath of relief at the quiet. A couple of sunrises with the same voice speaking to him in his head was close to infuriating, and he feared he was going crazy. He knew Startledcrow had a feeling StarClan was doing something to him, but his friend had not asked him about it. Maybe it was because he knew this was something Wolfstar had to fight on his own. 

The WindClan leader reveled in the new stillness, grateful they finally listened to him and left him alone. He had not liked the pressured feeling of Berrystar watching his every move as if waiting for him to mess up and take another life. Wolfstar’s claws pricked the grass underneath his paws, pulling out a few blades in the process. What was he to do now? There was no winner in the battle. Other than Pantherstorm’s death, nothing good came out of it. He had wondered if that was all that needed to happen, but he highly doubted the tension between all five Clans would be completely eradicated. He expected it to be just as high as before. Maybe I need to make the first move this time. Wisteriastar had attacked him with two other Clans after he declared war, so maybe it was his turn to attack with ThunderClan at his side. Or maybe I can get SkyClan back. But did he really want SkyClan? A leader that took a side without knowing all of the details? Pathetic. There were so many options that he could choose, and he knew he needed to be strategic with them. 

Wolfstar did not hear the soft pawsteps of his mate and was surprised at the sound of her voice behind him, although he didn’t hear what she said. He didn’t move, waiting for her to come to him. Her face pressed into the fur on his neck, but he found it hard to connect with her with his angering thoughts swirling around in his head. I have to make sure I attack first. He reluctantly turned his attention away from the lake, looking into Goldenrose’s eyes. “What is it?” he asked, a little snappier than he had wanted to be. He then quickly shook his head and gave her a softer, and more loving, expression. “I’m sorry, I was lost in my thoughts. What do you have to tell me?” 

Feared
    Participant

Green eyes peered up at Wolfstar as she watched his facial expression, his eyes were clouded and she could tell that he was deep in thought but she wasn’t exactly sure what was going through his mind. Stuck in his mind again. She thought sadly, moving forth just a tad to tenderly touch her muzzle to his shoulder but at the same moment he suddenly turned to her with a fire burning in his blue eyes. He was irritated and with her being the closest thing to him, he snapped at her. Ears instantly laid back against her cranium, Wolfstar usually never ever spoke to her in such a manner, but she was here and now that she had Wolfstar’s attention perhaps it was best to just rip off the bandaid. “Oh… uhhh..” Goldenrose was suddenly taken back by his rush of emotions, she almost felt like a young apprentice bothering an elderly with the way he had been looking at her. Perhaps he was angry with her? Blinking slowly as Wolfstar suddenly shook his head and seemed to calm himself down, his facial expression softening and changing, but she was still cautious. Shifting slightly to where she was no longer sitting as close to him, in case her proximity angered him.

She had his attention but she found herself scared stiff to tell Wolfstar, the first time she was pregnant she had just found out before she had fallen into the sink hole. She had been nervous to tell her mate but never scared. Now she was scared for his reaction. Slowly she released the breath she noticed she was holding, turning her chin as her green eyes landed upon Wolfstar’s curious and impatient expression. “Umm.” She mumbled, pressing her lips together as she was still fighting with herself, finally closing her eyes and then sighing before opening her eyes back up. “I’m pregnant, Wolfstar.” Goldenrose finally revealed, her chin tilting slightly as she watched him, her paws itching for her to move away in case he had an outburst. Move away… She surprised herself, she had never in her life wanted to move away from Wolfstar but something was different with her mate. This version of Wolfstar’s anger.. it was terrifying.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~W O L F S T A R~

Wolfstar watched her expression turn from loving to anxious as he snapped at her, and she situated herself a little farther away from his side. His paws pricked at the ground again and he looked away from her with a feeling of shame and guilt. He knew he had been a little more tense than usual ever since the battle…ever since he lost a life. But he didn’t realize it was so bad that she felt like she couldn’t be beside him. Wolfstar stared at the lake water, watching the ripples move from the other side of the lake and get larger the closer they got. The storm didn’t seem to be moving quickly, but he knew it would start raining by the time the sun set. He let out a soft sigh as Goldenrose still had not told him why she was there, and he turned his gaze back towards her green eyes, trying to stay patient with her hesitance. Then, the words spewed out of her quicker than a snake bite, piercing into him with surprise. However, the news wasn’t venomous. Instead…it was refreshing. Pregnant. With kits. 

Pregnant?” He meowed, tilting his head to the side. So many emotions poured out of him. Happiness, excitement, worry, fear…annoyance. This was not the best time to have kits. Tensions were high among the Clans and he felt more wars coming on. What if they got caught in the middle of a battle and got killed? What if, StarClan forbid, Goldenrose got killed? And her being in the nursery meant his Clan was down one warrior to protect them. Pull it together! He snapped at himself. How dare he think such things? It took a lot, but he forced the worrying and annoyed thoughts from his mind, turning his focus and attention completely on Goldenrose. His lips pulled upward into a smile. “I mean…I’m not surprised you’re expecting kits, to be completely honest,” he meowed light-heartedly, hoping she would relax in his presence. “Ever since you came back from the nursery, we’ve been….” He chuckled, no longer in the strange mood he was in before. “Speaking of, I think I would rather you stay in our den than go back in the nursery, if that’s what you want too. I had a feeling you would become pregnant again some time and I hate being apart from you for so long. It was hard going to our nest alone.” Wolfstar stood up and pressed his side to Goldenrose’s, his chest rumbling in a purr that hadn’t been there in a long time. “And I would love to be more involved in these kits’ lives. I wasn’t completely there for Heatherpaw, Wildpaw, and Breezepaw. What do you think?” His now soft blue eyes landed on her green, love emanating from them as he waited for her reply.

Feared
    Participant

She watched his face as he stared blankly at her for a brief moment as he contemplated the fact that she was pregnant. Clearing her throat when he repeated the word pregnant to her, suddenly the emotions wouldn’t stop appearing in his face. She could read the excitement and the happiness but then it got muddled as his thoughts seemed to take him else where. Suddenly he seemed annoyed as his eyes looked away from, something was going on in his mind and she wasn’t sure why, but it made her nervous. However, she didn’t move further away while instead she pressed her lips together before biting down on the lower lip. Was he angry with her for being pregnant? Their first litter was on their way to becoming fine adults, although they were just in the middle stages of their training, Breezepaw and Wildpaw already almost towered over her. Although he seemed to calm himself as those big blue eyes landed on her once more, a lovely smile appearing on his lips but she felt like it was forced. Nevertheless, it did help her relax in his presence, although her green eyes were still searching his facial expression. Suddenly her cheeks burned as he joked lightly, causing her tail to curl slightly while a bashful smile found its way onto her lips. “Mhm.” Goldenrose agreed silently, but she was still feeling bothered by his displays of negative emotion. This life was costing him, and it was costing him dearly.

Blinking she was pulled out of her thoughts for a moment when Wolfstar continued to speak, although she wasn’t very surprised with his proposal. The two of them had a very hard time being separated for that long and honestly she was a bit relieved that he had asked… but with his shortening temper.. would he be able to handle the hardships that came with kittens. Goldenrose watched as he stood up and moved towards her, his side presses firmly against her own as she found herself stiff at his side for a moment before she finally relaxed and leaned into his broader form. Perhaps it was her maternal instincts that were fighting against her heart, but whatever it was she wasn’t too fond of it. “I would love to stay in the den.. but Wolfstar. Kittens can be noisy when they are newborns, they do cry. And then for six moons they are little rascals.” She explained tenderly, before she leaned up on her toes to roam her tongue over his cheek. “I wouldn’t want to annoy you.” She admitted, leaning into her mate felt like second nature, his scent and warmth was so familiar.

Wolfstar
    Participant

~W O L F S T A R~

Goldenrose’s pelt against his own was comforting, and he relished the feeling and moment. His tail wrapped around her, lightly brushing against the side of her belly where their kittens were growing. More of his blood would become part of WindClan. Wolfstar glanced up at the sky. A little ironic don’t you think, Scorpionstrike? he thought to the ghost of his enemy. Your blood died with Stormpaw while my ‘bad blood’ lives on and will be a part of history. Wolfstar closed his eyes as his mate lovingly ran her tongue against his cheek, stating her worries. “I know kits are noisy,” he meowed with a chuckle. “I’ve had a lot of them. But I was never able to actually be there for them before they became apprentices. And even then, it’s hard to get close to your kit when they’re training all day and want to be with their friends in the apprentice’s den. I feel like I have the lucky opportunity to be a real father to our kits because we have our own den. So, why not use that opportunity? I promise, if it gets to be too much for us or for me, then I will let you know.” He rasped his tongue over her forehead. 

Besides, I have to get up early anyways to train Nectarpaw.” Wolfstar couldn’t help but feel excited over having a new apprentice, and she was no ordinary WindClanner. Like he, Nectarpaw and Lilacpaw were born as rogues and brought into the Clan as kits. It seemed that WindClan was famous for taking in strays and loners that didn’t have a place to belong, but Wolfstar was proud of that. More cats, even older ones, meant more warrior’s and techniques to learn. “I’m glad I have another apprentice to train. After Thistleheart…I didn’t think I would want another one. But it’s hard for me to sit by and just watch the youth become a part of the Clan. I want to help them, and lift them up, and train them to be great warrior’s. And the best part is I can team up with the mentor’s of our kits to spend more time with them and watch them grow.” He turned his head to look into Goldenrose’s beautiful eyes. “Were you hoping to become a mentor again soon? I don’t think we ever really talked about what you really wanted in life. Do you feel it’s too soon that you got pregnant again?”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory The Dock Surprise, Surprise (Wolf and Golden)