Skip to toolbar

Stop Them Chirps (Small and Wasp)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest Stop Them Chirps (Small and Wasp)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Waspfrost actually looked sort of cute when he slept. The black-pelted tom wasn’t completely out. He noticed his eyes still moving behind his eyelids, a tell-tale sign of wakefulness. His belly was exposed, his paws tucked against his smoky gray chest. Smallscreech’s white whiskers twitched amusedly at the sight; did he really not care that he was outside of camp? There could be dogs, or foxes, or badgers, or rogues…Yet, Waspfrost was able to ignore all of the possible dangers and sleep as content as could be. There was a softness in Screech’s expression. He admired that. Waspfrost didn’t seem scared of anything. Screech thought of himself as too cautious; there was always something lurking, and thus something to be frightened of. He found that Waspfrost’s antics distracted him from those fears, if only for a little while. Screech chirped in greeting when Waspfrost finally woke and exclaimed for his dinner.

As Waspfrost approved of him defeathering it, he rolled his eyes and allowed his front and back paws to scoot opposite ways until he landed on his belly. His back legs stretched out behind him and his white-toed forepaws were barely an inch away from both the bird and Waspfrost’s. “And before you say anything, this jay has never even looked at a Darkbird before,” he boasted playfully. “It’s a one-of-a-kind Smallscreech special, made just for you.” He smirked and chuckled softly as he got busy plucking feathers from the breast and wings. It required short, abrupt yanks directly from the skin, or else it would be messy and only half of the feather would actually come up. He learned quickly to get good at cleaning his kills, especially when it was for others. When he was lazy about it, his mother, Nightstreak, would cuff him so hard he’d see Silverpelt. As he tore one feather off from the wing, he noticed how beautiful and sleek it was. Quietly, he pulled that one closer to him, and he smiled to himself as he thought about what he would do with it.

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Wasp was not concerned with the way Screech chose to lay down, his legs were often splayed in opposite directions when relaxing. Sharp teeth were digging into the blue feathers of the bird’s breast, messily snagging them from the skin. He was being too rough, tearing the skin here and there. But to him the feathers were being a little stubborn, but his nose tingled and his mouth watered from the scent. He was indeed hungry. Lifting his gaze back to Smallscreech as his companion spoke, chin tilting as he held feathers within his mouth before he smirked. Apparently he had pushed a button with mentioning Darkbird, but that only amused him as he spat out the feathers, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. “Oh really? I thought I could detect his scent though.” Wasp hummed teasingly, blinking in surprise when Screech reached out to take the blue jay, plucking the bird for him.

Smiling he placed his chin on his paws like a young kit waiting to try new food for the first time, the tip of his tail twitching anxiously. “You spoil me.” Waspfrost hummed in appreciation, head tilting for a moment as he slowly rolled his tongue over his teeth. Screech was always rather good at whatever he did, from his point of the view the tomcat didn’t have to try very hard. But then again, Wasp really didn’t try at anything other than what he was already good at. Instead he waited patiently, his smoky black pelt fluffed from the breeze before he slowly meowed as Screech tucked a feather away from the jays wing. “I’ll be leave for a couple of days, any suggestions on prey that are good for travel?” Wasp asked curiously, his eyes on the breast of the bird. Naturally he was curious, but he would be lying if he wasn’t curious how Screech would react.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

This felt more familiar. The back-and-forth quips about their ability felt better than touching on their relationship. The mention of Darkbird sent the tom into a fit of laughter before he touched his paw dramatically to his chest. “Then I think you should get your nose checked, because this was all me, baby!” The cheeky smile that graced his expression dropped as soon as Waspfrost mumbled about being spoiled. “Aw, well,” he hummed quietly. “It’s nothin’, Stinger.” He turned back to his bird and frowned as he saw all of the half-plucked feathers, some with their quicks still imbedded in the skin. “Who the hell taught you how to skin a bird? A badger?” His tongue clicked against his teeth shamefully. “I’m going to make you feel bad for it and you should feel bad. My mother is rolling in her grave.” His chastising tone was filled with warmth, despite his attempt to sharpen his voice. He tried to save Waspfrost’s half-assed efforts with a critical eye and attentive grips between his teeth. It would be no good for him to bite into a speck of feather.

He was rasping his tongue over the pore of a particularly stuck quick when Waspfrost dropped the bomb of him leaving. Screech’s yellow-green eyes flicked up to Waspfrost, expecting to see the tom smirking. He wasn’t. He was serious. Leaving? He wanted to say. Even for a few days, he disliked to hear of anyone leaving. Sometimes those that left didn’t come back…Whether they intended to or not. Screech’s tongue had paused in its work for a mere moment, until he regained his senses. He enclosed his teeth around the quick thoughtfully then removed it with a masterful pluck. He spat it out into the grass next to him. “I’ve always wanted to try one of those koi fish that Twolegs keep,” he mumbled. “I don’t like fish, but…I’ve heard they’re quite beautiful.” He tilted his head in thought. “As for things to keep you on the road, mice are plentiful and dumb.”

“When are you leaving?” Screech wondered guardedly. His voice was uncharacteristically flat. He typically spoke with an upbeat lilt, but now it was as still as a humid pond. His claws worked on separating the feathers on the wings of the bird, finally pleased with how bare the breast was. He pursed his lips. “It’ll be nice to be able to hunt successfully again. No one to disturb my catches.” 

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Phena.

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Waspfrost wasn’t oblivious to how nonchalant and free Screech appeared to be when things weren’t serious between the two, which made his heart squeeze faintly before he cleared his throat, eyes falling back towards the jay bird. A soft laugh left his lips as Smallscreech boasted that the bird had been all him, which Wasp never once doubted. He was a formidable hunter, catching almost anything he put his sights upon. “Mhm.” He hummed softly, although he changed his tone away from flirting, not wanting Screech to feel awkward and ruin the mood. Although he supposed he was going to be ruining the mood anyways, chin tilting slightly as his yellow eyes looked back towards the ripped skin of the breast. “City kitty over here. I learned to skin rats and dig through dumpsters.” Wasp smirked slightly, long tail snaking against the ground. “I’ve got cats like you that are perfect at de-feathering birds.” He hummed.

Screech appeared almost skeptical that Wasp was leaving the clan, which he didn’t blame him. He certainly had it made within the clan, but this was also a main reason why he had even been allowed to join SkyClan. This was his contribute. Ears perked up curiously as Screech commented that he always wanted to try a koi fish, causing him to laugh softly. “I’ve never actually thought about it.” He hummed softly, he had never seen a koi fish. Only ever heard about them from the RiverClanners at gatherings. Although he did tilt his chin for a moment as mice were mentioned to keep him satisfied along the road. “Mice. That’s a good suggestion.” He hummed, lifting a small paw in order to lick at the smoky black fur and drawing it over his ear and muzzle. “Rats are all over where I’m going so maybe a few rats would be better.” He mumbled half to himself but rats were calculating and mean, so he already knew he was scaring himself out of the hunt.

Wasp hesitated slightly in his grooming as he was questioned just when he was leaving, pressing his lips together slightly. Was that a secret too? Clearing his throat, Wasp seemed to straighten out his posture. “Your mother would be so proud to see how beautifully you plucked that bird.” Wasp grinned slightly, his stomach growling once again. Of course he had noticed the change in Screech’s tone, which he thought would have amused him more than anything but it only made him anxious. “I am hungryyyy.” He whined and lowered his head on his paws as he watched Screech curiously. He didn’t look amused, instead his mood seemed to have soured slightly before forcing himself to seem up beat. Pupils narrowed slightly before he leaned forth and snagged a claw in the wing and dragging the de-feathered bird back towards him. “Well you are in luck, good sir. You will have your time to get back into a hunting routine.” Wasp snickered before he finally tore into the breast of the jay, a groan of appreciation leaving his lips from the mouthful. Lifting his chin, eyes flickered towards Screech. “Want a bite?” He snickered playfully.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

“A compliment? You’re growing soft on me. I can’t do it half as well as my mother used to, anyhow. Flatterer.” Screech smirked as he finished up his plucking. The wings were always the easiest part. The feathers on the wings were lined up and thick, unlike the millions of teeny tiny little ones that existed on the breast. He spat at the ground again to get the last bit of fluff out from between his teeth. He loved the taste of birds, but they were a pain in the ass to eat. Although, he did appreciate how well the feathers decorated and insulated his nest. Warm and toasty, even in leaf-bare.

“I won’t say that sounds appetizing,” he admitted. He had seen rats before, but not often. Occasionally they scurried in from ShadowClan or invaded the leftover picnic areas from passing greenleaf Twolegs. He had only devoured a rat once, then never again. The rat was not as tender and flavorful as a mouse. It was gamey and tough. Screech had to admit it even tasted faintly sour, like trash. He curled his lip as the phantom taste touched the back of his tongue. He did not envy his poor friend. Waspfrost wouldn’t have much to choose from on his journey. For a moment, he considered following along with the change of subject. He watched hollowly as Wasp dragged the bird over to himself. A pang of somber amusement hit him as he noticed Waspfrost actually enjoy his meal. There wasn’t even a complaint about how it had gotten slightly cold, after he had spent an eternity plucking it. He nodded silently when he was offered a bite, but he did not feel hungry. The bite he took from it was barely larger than one of his toe pads. It wallowed in his mouth before he forced it down, not bothering even to chew.

“You know, you’re going to have to learn to pluck feathers for yourself,” he scolded him. “Who’s going to do it for you while you’re out there doing StarClan-knows-what? When are you coming back, anyway? I’ll do your chores while you’re gone, but…but you owe me! Yes, you owe me when you get back.” He sniffed and pouted, meeting Waspfrost’s yellow eyes with his own as he placed his chin fitfully on his paws. “This journey better be worth it for you, and don’t you dare think about getting hurt! I draw the line at doing your work for you all moon.” Worry shot through his veins as he thought of the possibility of Waspfrost running into trouble. Or worse – dying of boredom!

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He snickered slightly as he gave a wiggle to his black whiskers, pupils narrowing faintly for a moment. “A compliment? Maybe I just wanted you to stop pouting but that’s going too far.” Waspfrost grinned slightly before looking back down at the bird as he snuck in another bite while his companion appeared stuck in his thoughts. Screech and Wasp joked around a lot, throwing banter whenever they could. But there was something festering there that the two were terrified to touch upon. Something that was making this even more bittersweet. “It’s not.” Wasp wrinkled his nose at the thought of rats, just the thought of them made his skin crawl. “But food is food.” He shrugged those slender shoulders, his father had been right then and he would be right now. Rats were disgusting and horrible eating, but it would be neat to fill his belly.

A soft whine slipped from his lips when Screech dragged the jaw away, causing him to pout slightly. Eyes watched as Screech took barely a bite, just enough for something to be in his mouth. “I ain’t got rabies.” Wasp snorted, a single eyebrow arched and his tail tip twitching with thought. Although, Screech wasn’t paying any attention to him, instead he was digging a deeper pit into his thoughts. “Ugh.” He whined, reaching out with a slender paw in order to try and hook onto the bird once more. As soon as he began to drag the jay back towards his chest, Screech suddenly came alive. Eyes widened as a million different things seemed to flow from Screech’s mouth at once, their conversation suddenly turning more serious. Now he felt awkward, unsure of just how to respond. Screech was a funny character, he could dish out feelings and being sensitive but he couldn’t take it when those feelings were returned.

Sniffing slightly, he looked away from the other tomcat and cleared his throat as a cocky little grin soon forced its way out into the open. “I don’t need to learn to pluck feathers, I have you. In fact, teach Auroraskies and Moonberry how to pluck feathers so that they can get on the bandwagon as well.” He hummed, dragging the bird back towards his chest as he lowered his head in order to take a bite out of the wing, chewing thoughtfully. “Firestar wants me to only be gone for four days, but I won’t come back until I have the answer to his question and he’s aware.” Wasp finally muttered, his voice losing its luster and playfulness to become more somber and serious. He laughed when Screech declared he would owe him for doing his chores, shrugging his slender shoulders slightly as he gazed upon Screech curiously. He certainly was going to miss this dope.

His heart squeezed as Screech lowered his chin down onto his paws, his eyes portraying the worry that he was feeling himself. “What are you talking about?” Wasp snickered, reaching out to gently brush his paw along Screech’s ear before retracting. “No one can touch me. I’m too quick and sneaky.” He snickered playfully, pushing the bird back towards Screech. “You are not allowed to get a new hunting buddy. I refuse.” He grinned, taking the bird back before his companion ever got a bite in, groaning in pleasure as he chewed. “Maybe I’ll get hurt so that you can do all my chores while I just sleep all day.” He hummed in the fantasy of doing nothing, his smoky black striped pelt ruffled.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

“You’re right, you don’t have rabies,” he mewed flatly. “You have a horrifying disease called stupidity.” Screech huffed through his nose indignantly, then rolled his eyes at last. He prepared to take a bigger bite from the jay this time to satiate the complaining tom, but Waspfrost stole it back before he could. His stomach was growing queasy anyway, and he wasn’t sure how much more he could have ate when he was working himself up like this. Waspfrost’s next comment touched him, truth be told. It made him all warm and fuzzy inside. It was like the sun had risen in his chest. If Waspfrost looked close enough, he was sure he could see Screech beaming like a fool. The warmth blossomed into a blush when his companion tapped his ear again, causing him to lash out again chastisingly. “Touch my ear again and I’ll eat you next.” Truth be told, he would have smacked the cat that touched his ears or tail so carelessly. The fact that he rarely said anything at all when Waspfrost did it said it all. He was sure their Clanmates didn’t understand it. They each complained to the high heavens that they had to work together, yet they always managed to act like total fools when they were alone. It was as if he were blowing off apprentice duties again with one of his buddies. It felt slightly different, but the meat of it was there.

Screech gasped at the prospect of him purposefully hurting himself to get out of hunting. “Bastard! You wouldn’t.” Despite his theatrically wounded expression, the small tom’s bushy, bobbed tail languidly flicked side to side. It did so every now and then, when he was gleeful or excited. Sometimes, it would even wag when he was angry, but that was a more rare occurrence. “I already carry your weight around here. Look.” He twisted onto his back like Waspfrost did earlier and stretched his forepaws up toward him. He wiggled his tan toes to show him. “They’re cracked and gray so yours can look as prim as a kittypet.” Waspfrost looked funny upside-down, but Screech didn’t notice how he looked even funnier. Gravity peeled his top lips back to expose little pearly canines and his floppy ears rested along the grass. Beneath all of the birdsong and insect buzzing, a small purr grated in the tomcat’s throat.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Nostrils flared as he released a heavy breath, grunting faintly for a moment as he kept the bird close to his chest. “Oh?” He hummed nonchalantly, his expression non-caring as his long tail was waving out behind him, pupils narrowing faintly. “If I’m stupid then you are retarded.” Wasp retorted with a snort of his nose, looking back down at the bird as he began to gnaw on the meat and bone, his yellow eyes playfully glaring at Screech as if to imply that the birds wing was his face. Wasp however could see that Screech was beginning to relax once more, his sour mood melting to show his more softer side. Those yellow-green eyes shimmered with amusement and perhaps something else, but Wasp couldn’t place it. Chewing on the meat in his mouth, he preened as Screech commented that he would eat him next. “Yeah, okay. Be careful, you might like it.” Wasp hummed confidentially. Wasp absolutely loved Screech’s folded ears and his little bobbed tail. Others thought it was strange but Wasp thought it added character, made Screech adorable.

Swallowing his mouthful and running his tongue over his teeth, appearing thoughtful as he shifted to where he was laying on his side and stretching out. “I am very serious. I will do anything to get out of work.” He purred, ear twitching faintly. “Perhaps I should sprain my ankle or get mauled by a Fox.” He hummed thoughtfully, licking his lips to clean his maw. Although it didn’t go unnoticed that Screech’s tail was beginning to twitch, which was good. He was coming out of his funk and becoming more like himself. So he continued to jab. “Ohhhhh, I know. I’ll play sick.” He grinned mischievously, lifting a claw to pick at some meat that had gotten stuck behind a tooth. Wasp laughed when Screech turned to where he was now laying on his back and pushing his feet into his face, nose wrinkling as he lifted a small paw to swat at the paws. “Get your nasty paws out of my face.” Wasp huffed, although his expression was amused. “Besides, your paws were that ugly before I met you.” He hummed and lightly patted Screech on the cheek before he adjusted his attention back to the jay bird. “But you are right. Mine are perfect.” Wasp purred as he took another bite out of the bird, occasionally swatting Screech’s paw out of his face. “I’m fixing to bite it.” He warned around a mouthful, sending a glare towards the other male.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Laughter billowed from his throat as he soaked in Waspfrost’s jabs like rays of sunlight. His bobbed tail twitched happily and his muzzle widened, showing more of his pearly, sharp teeth. He watched his companion’s tail elegantly swish to and fro, like a reed in the wind. He loved annoying Waspfrost by pulling his tail like a teasing apprentice or, at this moment, sticking his paws in the other’s face. If he weren’t so invested in his current abuses, he would have twisted to his belly and snatched up Wasp’s tail. He had been denied it earlier; too slow for the likes of someone more quick and agile like him. “No, I like my paws where they are,” he murmured. “It’s comfy right here.” He wiggled his toes again, stretching out all four of his legs in an attempt to scoot himself closer to Waspfrost. As he called them ugly, Smallscreech snorted. “How would you know if my paws were ugly before you met me if you didn’t see them before you met me?” He asked with puzzlement. “Oh, I know. You must be from StarClan. That’s how you know everything.” Screech didn’t catch himself then, instead speaking confidently that Waspfrost was, indeed, from heaven, despite existing outside of the Clans before. Truthfully, Screech couldn’t really remember a time that Waspfrost wasn’t there. Well, he could, but he didn’t want to.

His smirk only widened as Waspfrost threatened to bite his foot. In a moment of inspired mischief, he stretched out one more time to poke Waspfrost’s nose with his paw. As soon as he did, he felt a blade of grass rub against his nose. Smallscreech wrinkled his tan nose and sneezed at the ticklish feeling there, determined to see it off. “Ugh. You’re contagious.” He snickered at that. “Speckledmoss doesn’t have all of the herbs in the world to cure me of whatever you have.”

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He groaned with annoyance as Screech continued to stick his paws in his face, causing him to use his slender paw to lightly push the large paws out of his face. Smirking faintly for a moment as he continued to chew on the meat that was in his mouth. He grumbled as Screech ignored his request and kept placing his paws within his face, rolling his eyes as Screech began to wiggle close to him, lifting a dainty paw and pressing it firmly against the forehead of the other Tom, keeping him at bay the best he could. “I don’t care if it’s comfy, they smell and I’d rather not projectile my lunch.” Waspfrost hummed, his tail lashing to emphasize. Although he lifted an eyebrow at Screech’s snort, yellow eyes looking down at the tomcat while keeping his paw against that forehead.

Smirking he rubbed his toes into the toms forehead, chin tilting slightly as he ran his tongue over his small canines before he grinned. “That’s right, Smallscreech. I am a resident of StarClan and instead of using my abilities to turn you into a female, I instead looked upon your feet.” He huffed at the ridiculously inaccurate foresight of StarClan, lightly pushing his paw off of Screech’s forehead and looking down at his almost devoured bird. Pupils narrowed as one of those damn paws flailed in his face once more, lightly touching his nose. Screech had sneezed from a cause of it, but Wasp didn’t care. Moving elegantly and swiftly, he suddenly stood up and moved towards the tom, his paws landing on the broad chest of his companion while his teeth chomped down on the paw that had touched his nose.

Now he didn’t bite down hard enough to draw blood but he bit hard enough to let Screech know he was there. After hearing the curses from his comrade, he pranced off of his companion and hummed. “I may not have rabies. But now you have Wasp-sickness. Means you won’t be able to get enough of me and will die without your daily doses.” Wasp teased but he couldn’t help but fluster Screech as he winked in his general direction.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

“That’s a little strange, but I know better than to tease someone for their preferences,” Smallscreech snickered when Waspfrost commented that he had been watching his feet. The small tom smiled to himself as his toe connected with Wasp’s nose. It was dry and soft, like velvet. He had never pressed his luck so much with touch before, but it was exhilarating. It seemed every part of Wasp was soft. His fur, his ears, his nose. His breath caught in his throat as his companion moved in on him, as a predator would its prey. He pinned him to the ground with his paws, and Screech once again made note of how inviting his scent was. It wafted around him, encasing him as his friend stood over him. Shamefully, he realized that, not for the first time, he wondered what it would be like to brush his muzzle against this infuriating cat’s.

A quick bite ripped him out of his thoughts. It wasn’t a serious nip, but it was enough for him to sharply inhale. “Ow! Ow, ow, ow! Okay, okay, I’m sorry!” Giggles mixed in with his whine as he lightly batted the side of Waspfrost’s face with a free paw. It recoiled once he heard what he was jeering as he sauntered away. Screech’s eyes widened and the words that formed on his tongue died in an instant. “Wh-Hey!” He stuttered. “I–I don’t need you!” He declared heatedly. He rolled to his paws and frowned. Despite it all, he still trailed after Waspfrost like a duckling, his folded ears flattening again over his skull. It was the slightest change in their position. If one wasn’t paying attention, one couldn’t tell if they were flattened at all. Warmth and annoyance converged together in his chest as he rolled his eyes. “Besides, if I have this stupid disease, I only have a few days to live! Once you leave, I’ll die.” He pouted at that. “I don’t want to die! I have so much life left in me!”

He pounced forward again and batted his tail. “I know! I’ll take your tail. You don’t need it; you don’t climb trees, anyway. Plus, wouldn’t it look absolutely dashing on me instead?” He wiggled his tail again, smirking widely.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Waspfrost was blissfully unaware of the inner struggle that Screech had been enduring while poking at his nose and then watching as Wasp crouched over him. Wasp knew that their flirty banter couldn’t go any further, Smallscreech was not in the right mind set for a same sex relationship, therefore the hope for such daydreams was not allowed. Instead, he stuck with their friendship, which currently led him to bite down on the paw that had dared touch his nose. Ears twitched as Screech instantly began to whine, the sounds pitiful enough as he finally released the paw. “Hmp.” He smirked, although now his nose and lips were tainted with Screech’s scent, which made his stomach flutter slightly. “Teach you to touch me.” He huffed, long tail swaying high above him in a display of sass.

“Fine, you don’t need me.” Waspfrost smirked and shrugged a slender shoulder, continuing to pad away from the other tomcat. Although, he smiled to himself as he listened to paws shuffling against the ground as Screech hurried to get up and trot after him. Swiping away his smile, he kept his chin up, yellow eyes staring ahead as Screech continued to whine. Playing indifferent, his lips pulled back to reveal little ivory teeth. “Then you should’ve thought about that when I told you stop flailing those oven mitts in my face.” Wasp used a human term, but in all honestly those paws were way too big for this cat. “Now you will weep in the consequences, may as well say your good-byes.” Wasp sneered with a snicker.

However, upon feeling the other tomcat touch his tail, he gasped out in surprise and jumped forward as his tail curled up against his back. Screech was back to touching his tail whenever he wanted. “No touchy.” Wasp smirked, side stepping away from Screech as he cleared his throat. “My tail has other uses thank you very much. This tail gives me charm.” Wasp teased as he waved his tail like a snake behind him. “If you take my tail, then I want your tail.” Wasp countered, taking a heated step towards Screech, a smirk written on his maw. “Wanna trade?” He asked, single eyebrow lifted.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Screech really only had one question during all of this. What the hell is an ‘oven mitt’? He knew Waspfrost was from Twolegplace, but he was still learning all of the bizarre lingo that came with it. He assumed it was the equivalent to Waspfrost having to learn the Clans’ cute little sayings, but he was unsure if he could even say the word. Ov-en. Ofven. Meet. He moved his lips to the approximate sound he was making in his head until Waspfrost yanked his tail back from him again. “Not fair,” he snorted. “I caught it fair and square.” As Waspfrost claimed it gave him charm, Screech laughed. “Yeah, about as much charm as a crowfoodplace rat!” He snickered. “That’s what those long tails look like. Rat tails. I have a cute little bear tail.” He didn’t mean that, not really. He thought Waspfrost’s tail was particularly handsome. It made him flush with embarrassment to say it, though. Waspfrost didn’t need anyone to stroke his ego. He flicked it to make his point with a smug mug, only to stop in his tracks when Waspfrost took a step toward him. Screech’s pupils dilated and he lowered himself into a playful kitten crouch. “Oh, you want my tail? You’ll have to take it, Stinger! It and my ofven meets.” He proudly smirked at that. He butchered the Twolegplace saying, but he managed to get it out without stammering! On his first try, too!

“Trade? When have you ever traded equally?” He frowned. “I feel this is like when you wanted me to take your dawn patrol on my day off.” Screech narrowed his eyes and raised a brow. It hadn’t been much of a hassle, really, but he liked joking about it. Waspfrost probably thought he was tricking him, but Screech knew exactly what he had been getting himself into. He traded pretty much any shift, especially if Wasp was the one asking. He liked being helpful, but more than that, he liked doing things for Wasp.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He smirked slightly as he watched Screech, he could’ve sworn that he was dealing with a young apprentice instead of a fellow warrior. Although he complained wildly about Smallscreech, the tomcat did take good care of him. Making sure he ate all of his meals and took his cinnamon when he was supposed to. It surely helped, but despite this… Screech was still a pain in his ass. “Crowfood…” He gasped before looking over his shoulder blade to gaze at his tail for a moment before giving it a shake. “How dare you? Dishonor on you. Dishonor on your children.” Waspfrost huffed with annoyance, his long tail swaying and shaking with a snicker leaving his lips. “Bear tail… more like a fawns tail.” He teased right back. Honestly if Screech wasn’t so sensitive about his tail, Wasp could waste a whole damn day just swatting at it.

Yellow eyes watched as Screech dropped down to the ground in a playful stance, chin tilting before an amused laugh slipped from him. “Your what?” He asked with amusement, chin falling back along with his ears. “Okay, okay.” He shook his head with amusement. Snorting, he waved a paw and clicked his tongue. “I don’t know why you are whining. You always make trades with me.” He whined and pranced towards Screech, frowning for a moment before he reached out a paw to lightly smack one of Screech’s folded ears. “Fine, no more trades.” He laughed before turning on his heels, quickly hurrying away from the other Tom.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

“Bear, fawn, whatever. Still cute.” Smallscreech rolled his eyes at that comment, clearly irritated. It looked nothing like a fawn tail. It was fluffy, not sleek, nor was it spotted. It was brown like a grizzly bear. He looked back self consciously at his tail and flicked it back and forth. Maybe it was more like a bobcat? That would explain his rather large paws. When he looked back at Waspfrost, he was dancing precariously close to him again. As he pawed at his ear, all Smallscreech could do was smile. After all, how could he really be angry? It was the same thing as him slapping Waspfrost’s tail. Did that mean Waspfrost liked his ears? He blushed fiercely at that. He supposed one couldn’t really hate an ear, so he must like them…at least enough to constantly flick or prod them. Did Waspfrost think they were cute? Did he care if he thought they were cute?

No. No he didn’t! As Waspfrost turned tail and padded forward again, Screech felt a little less sure. Okay. Maybe I do. He thought, defeated. The small tom bounded forward to catch up, this time sighing loudly. “Yeah, right. You’ll be running to me as soon as you need a day off, Stinger. Which is every day.” An exaggeration, of course, but Screech loved picking at him. He smirked at him then looked up through the canopy. The light was becoming more harsh as it crept past sunhigh, and he had to admit it was quite warm. “It’s getting muggy,” he complained. “And I don’t hear any birds. Damn it, I hate when you’re right. We won’t catch anything else today.”

- Leafpool

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest Stop Them Chirps (Small and Wasp)