Skip to toolbar

Stop Them Chirps (Small and Wasp)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest Stop Them Chirps (Small and Wasp)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Hunting. He hated hunting. Getting his paws dirty and having press his nose down against the ground. He would just prefer not, but then again he had to go through worse when he lived within the city. Random chirps were emitting from the front of the hunting patrol, pale yellow eyes narrowing in on the culprit. Smallscreech. What an annoying little pickle. Nostrils flared slightly as another set of chirps were clicking from his throat as he hunted specifically for birds. “Do you have to make those noises?” Waspfrost finally broke the silence, small ears pinning back against his head as the other Tom turned to look at him. “I mean seriously. Who the hell would fly right toward you? Are you a bird?” Waspfrost continued his rant, long tail lashing slightly.

Not only were the chirps annoying him, but the heat was beginning to get to him. Having such a dark black tabby pelt, lips were parting as he began to pant. “Also. Ain’t nothing gonna come flying to you in this heat. I know I wouldn’t.” He wouldn’t before he cleared his throat and plopped his short and slender figure to the ground, eyes flickering back towards Smallscreech as he managed a smirk. “Not if they don’t want fleas.” Waspfrost sang in a high pitched tone before he flopped onto his side and stretched out. “I’m gonna die….” He whined, lifting a paw to cover his muzzle for a moment, as if trying to hide from the heat of the day.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Sure, he was assigned to the worst patrol, but that didn’t mean he had to cry about it! Sunhigh was typically unbearable for any cat. It was hot, and in SkyClan territory, it was often muggy. The damn trees held so much water it nearly choked him in the summer, but their Clan needed to eat. Sun-spoiled prey would be good for no cat. When he was tasked to go on patrol with Waspfrost of all cats, he had to resist the urge to roll his eyes straight in Dawnstorm’s face. Waspfrost was perhaps the worst cat to be on a hunting patrol with. On border patrols, his complaining was perfect because it was sure to scare off any badger with two wits to their name. His belly-aching now, however, made him wince. The more Waspfrost huffed, the longer they would be out here. Did he not understand that?

At first, it had not been so bad. There wasn’t much exchanged between the two toms. Smallscreech was intent on hunting; he tuned out everything else besides the pecking of birds against the trees and the scratching of rodents among the roots. The two had not been walking for long before Smallscreech spotted a lark collecting twigs in the branches above them. As the ash-colored warrior settled among the brambles of a bush, his eyes were trained with intent on his prey. The green grass was cool on his belly and the shadows of the bush obscured him from both the sun and the view of the bird. His yellow-green eyes were predatory as he parted his lips to emnate mimics of the songbird’s sounds. It was a skill he learned as a kit. His imagination encouraged him to copy birds, and as an apprentice he learned that sometimes, if he was careful, it actually attracted them close enough to catch. As long as he stayed patient, he was sure he could lure the lark from its spot…and he did, until Waspfrost appeared close by again and startled it off.

Smallscreech sat his muzzle on his paws and flattened his ears back in annoyance. It festered in his heart for mere moments as he tried to keep himself from snapping at the black tom. “Oh, you might just die,” Smallscreech turned his head to gaze at Waspfrost and smirked a little. “I almost had it until you started your bitching! You know, I think you might like being stuck out here with me, Stinger.”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Phena.

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Did Waspfrost care that he had ruined Smallscreech’s catch? Not one but. At least not until he was hungry and in need of food. For now he had no problem with complaining about the heat that was weighing him down, his body would be slick with sweat if he even could. Paw over his muzzle as he tried to block out the sun, a soft hum leaving his throat as he listened to Smallscreech whine about losing his catch, pale yellow eyes opening for a moment in order to look at the other tomcat. “Puh-lease.” He mumbled as he shuffled to where he was now sitting upright, shaking out his short black tabby fur. “All those fleas in your pelt are weighing you down.” He huffed, tail tip twitching slightly for a moment as he looked around. Small chirps from birds could be heard but he wasn’t hearing much scuffle of the forest floor. “There’s nothing to hunt anyways.” Waspfrost chirped in a frosty tone, standing up as he walked after Smallscreech.

Scoffing he brushed his shoulder blade against Smallscreech, although he would never admit that it stung his slim shoulder blade to do so. “Honestly I don’t know why Dawnstorm insists with pairing us together.” He commented, “Your complaining really puts a damper on my mood.” Waspfrost smirked as he looked over his shoulder to throw his companion a smug expression. “At this rate I would enjoy Auroraskies company more, she doesn’t complain about my company as you do.” He sighed wistfully but in truth he was having fun annoying the tar out of Smallscreech, it was so easy to get a rise out of the other Tom. Only problem was that he could dish it out just as well as he could take it.

Clearing his throat, he slightly picked up his speed so the other cat couldn’t snag his tail in order to teach him a lesson. “If you really want to try to catch a bird… there’s a tree.” He smirked and used his slender muzzle to point towards the tree, grunting slightly for a moment before he turned his chin in the direction of a sweet smelling bush, his mouth beginning to water as he broke away from the small hunting patrol and moved towards the bush. Small blueberries were beginning to bloom upon the branch, which caused his tail to curl with delight as he snagged a few plump berries from the branch and nommed on their delectable nectar. “Besides… I’m more in the mood for seafood today.” Waspfrost said mostly to himself, ears twitching to find the closest source of water.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

This was the second time he kept drilling in that flea comment. Embarrassment flushed his skin like a soak in a thunderstorm. The static electricity of the jibe sent his fur rippling along his spine. Even from where he lay, he felt his hackles rise and his legs tense as he readjusted his target onto Waspfrost. Rather than dignify Waspfrost’s comment with a response, he stewed in it. His yellow-green eyes were sharp as knifed onto the black tabby tom. Their pupils dilated in excitement as the other bumped their shoulders together. His ears flattened back and his belly lifted from the cool earth. His tan pawpads dug into the ground as he tested his weight on each hind paw. As Waspfrost turned, he exploded from his spot, however his catch was – again, he thought with a strike of ironic bitterness – unsuccessful.

He supposed he should have expected Waspfrost would learn from their previous patrols together. He always smacked that poor cat’s tail tip like a kitten fresh out of the Nursery. He couldn’t help it – Waspfrost was just too cute. The way he tried to seem so high and mighty…His incessant griping, despite toughing it out anyways…It was endearing, to say the least.I’m putting a damper on your mood?” A short bark of disbelieving laughter left the hunter. “There’s plenty to hunt! Or there was before they all died of boredom from being around you!” A soft pout touched Screech’s maw as he padded after the tom now. A few moments ago, he had been terrified to raise his voice above a whisper. Now, he wouldn’t care if moles heard him. If Waspfrost wasn’t going to take this seriously, why should he? 

He raised a brow up at the canopy of the tree Waspfrost referred to with a lack of interest. Waspfrost was being thick on purpose; he knew there wasn’t a damn bird up there. Any energy I expend while he’s like this is energy wasted. As the tom went on to talk about his cravings, Smallscreech eyed him with a soft smirk. Unless…

Puhlease,” Screech went on to mimic his Clanmate in the best Wasp lilt he could manage. “I have two left fins and could catch a bigger fish than you, Stinger.” He declared confidently, striding alongside him with a puffed-out chest and raised chin. 

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Waspfrost was well aware that he had felt the breeze from the expected wack to his tail, but luckily he had sped up fast enough to where he hadn’t actually felt the swipe. Perhaps this whole endurance and stamina training with Auroraskies and Bear was actually helping him. Nope. He decided it was the refreshing berries that was causing him to feel better. While he was chewing on the berries, ears twitching as he listened to Smallscreech catching up with him, blabbering nonsense. “Who wouldn’t you bother?” Waspfrost huffed around his mouthful, chin turning for his pale yellow eyes to land upon the handsome tomcat. “If there was plenty to hunt then you would’ve caught something by now.” Waspfrost taunted, wiggling an eyebrow before he leaned back towards the bush and plucked off another Berry as he chewed.

Ear lifted in Screech’s direction as he tried to mimic his speech, chin tilting slightly as he at least entertained the other tomcat before he gave a slow shrug. “Put the prey where your mouth is then.” Wasp smirked as he plucked a Berry off of the bush and turned towards Screech, walking right up to him as he stood on his tippy toes. Carefully pushing the Berry against the other males lips, forcing him to take hold of the Berry as Wasp bit into his end of the Berry, the purple liquid coloring his lips as he smirked. “I wouldn’t mind getting in the water with this heat.” Waspfrost suggested with the sway of his tail before he grinned suddenly as the faint sound of the creek caught his attention. “Speaking of water.” The small black tabby backed away from Smallscreech as he trotted towards the creek, heat exhaustion forgotten.

Ears perked up as he listened to the sound of water, letting it lead him towards the creek, a small ‘brrrr’ leaving his throat in a pleased manner as he trotted closer to the edge of the creek. The ground shifted from firm dirt to unstable river pebbles as he carefully tip toed to where his paws were in the water, a soft sigh of relief leaving his lips from the cold touch of the creek water. “Lovely.” He sighed, the sweet taste of the berries lingering within his mouth as he used a dainty paw to begin moving the pebbles out of his way, looking for small fish and crawfish. Purposively ignoring Screech after his flirty display, unwillingly to know what the other Tom had to say about it.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

“Fine then,” Smallscreech scoffed. He knew Waspfrost could probably beat him, but that wasn’t the point. The point was they would be bringing back prey, just as Dawnstorm wanted. No one would eat it, probably, but hey, it was there. Personally, he hated fish. It was slimy and the aftertaste lingered for hours, but he had to admit, it made the RiverClan cats shiny. He couldn’t help but admire Waspfrost’s charcoal fur as he continued to swallow berry after berry. Was fish what made him so sleek? He supposed that’s what it could be. His admiration fled soon after he realized Waspfrost was walking straight to him. No, he would never choose to be so close, would he? Something had to be up. “What are yo–mm!” His words were cut off as soon as Waspfrost pressed the berry to his lips.

Lightning could have struck him at this very moment and Smallscreech would have believed it. Nothing else could have created the explosion of heat within his chest. His yellow-green eyes widened to saucers and his nostrils flared wide while everything else felt paralyzed. Greek fire cast his blood ablaze, with the only sensation he could focus on past it being the slightly wrinkled skin of the berry grazing his lips and the leafy musk of Waspfrost’s scent caressing the roof of his mouth. The berry’s sweet tang managed to strike his tongue as half of it made it within his maw. For once in his life, Smallscreech had nothing to say.

His jaw was slightly agape even as Waspfrost turned away to talk about…something. He couldn’t hear what he was saying; it was background noise to the cacophony of fuzzy screaming in his head. It was as if even his heart realized Wasp was gone, because it finally dared to beat behind a rib cage that suddenly felt too small. Screech cleared his throat to disguise the ugly cough that had left him. What a stupid tom! He thought frustratedly as he shook his head to clear his mind of what happened. It wasn’t difficult. Waspfrost barely paused to acknowledge it. It was as if it never happened…but it did. A wild smirk crossed his maw then. Interest sparkled in his eyes as he bounded forward like a kit to leap into the shallow water beside where Waspfrost was looking for fish. A deep purr thundered in his throat as he scooped a pawful of water in his direction. “There! Now we’re even!”

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Pupils dilated as he mulled over the shocked and nervous expression that Screech had been wearing when he had pushed the berry against his lips to shut him up. Honestly it had been such a cute expression that his heart fluttered and he already craved to see it again. However, he wouldn’t be doing it anytime soon, instead his focus was upon the pebbles in the water while he was more than aware of Smallscreech approaching from behind him as his eyes suddenly brightened upon seeing a small lobster looking creature. Quickly lowering  his head in order to push his snout into the water as he aimed for the crawfish. Wide paws suddenly splashed into the water as the tomcat jumped into the creek, water instantly sprouting up his nostrils and scaring the crawfish away in the process.

Rearing back, his eyes instantly began to water, water and snot quickly running from his nostrils as he coughed. Honestly, he knew that he deserved that, but he also messed himself up by taking a breath under the water. Waspfrost hadn’t even realized that his side was wet from where Screech had scooped water and flung it at him. Instead he was coughing out creek water, pitiful tears slipping from his eyes as he tried to smile. “Yeah… you got me.” He laughed, slowly trudging back to the bank as he coughed and rubbed his nose against his chest. Unlike him, he wasn’t complaining and screeching like normal, instead he was trying to clear his airways in order to breathe naturally. “But you are a rats ass.” Wasp decided.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

A glow of triumph filled his chest and sparkled in Smallscreech’s eyes as he stood from his spot on the creek. A shit-eating grin encased his maw and his chin lifted dignifiedly until he noticed something was…off. Waspfrost was coughing and the light scent of salt tickled his scent glands. He almost did not catch it. The sweet, peaty stench of the creek was overwhelming, but bitterness of salt was unmistakable, as light as it was. His yellow-green eyes softened and his grin faded to a gentle frown. With a few loud, sloshy steps, he padded up to Waspfrost hesitantly. He sniffed at the black cat’s face and frowned deeply as he watched him rub his nose. His words were bland. They didn’t carry his usual snark. Something was wrong. 

“Stinger?” He asked as gently as could. He took a step back in case he needed space, but his expression carried only intense concern. “What’s wrong? Do…Do you need see Speckledmoss?” His ears flattened back across his skull again as guilt ate at his belly. “If you’re upset over losing your catch, I’m sorry. Truly. I’ll help you catch another…I’ll help you catch a thousand, if you wanted seafood that badly.” If it will make you happy, he wanted to say, but he swallowed that comment before it ever had a chance to exist.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He couldn’t smell anything other than the creek, his nose and lungs stinging from his accidental inhale. Releasing another round of short coughs in order to clear his lungs, the tomcat was sniffling as he lifted a paw in order to wipe at his nose. Cleaning away the residue of the water and snot that was running from his black nostrils. “Ugh.” He complained in a stuffy voice, ears twitching at the sound of loud paw steps in the water, ears falling back against his head. If he hadn’t been trying to catch his breath and clear out his airways, Screech’s expression probably would’ve greatly amused him. Instead he felt slight guilt that the tomcat was staring at him so intensely, causing his cheeks to burn as he turned his chin away from Smallscreech, clearing his throat twice.

“No need for that… I just inhaled water.” Waspfrost shook his head, only then noticing that his side was rather wet, yellow eyes flickering towards that of Smallscreech. “You actually splashed me. What a rotten rat.” He growled playfully, his eyes still watery from his near drowning, his voice froggy. Honestly he was a little upset about losing the catch, but upon seeing Smallscreech’s upset and worried expression, he knew that this was no longer them being playful. “No. No you don’t have to catch anything for me.” Waspfrost admitted in a softer tone than usual, stepping towards the Tom as he gently brushed his side up against Screech’s. Dark black and grey fur mingling with ash brown before he cleared his throat. “I’ll just… bug Auroraskies or Bear to take me here tomorrow.” He cleared his throat and coughed once to clear his throat again, slowly walking back towards the bank and shaking his pelt. “You owe me a clean nest though.” He added in his usual snarky tone.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

He stayed eerily silent as he watched Waspfrost try to recollect himself. Was it some sort of allergy? Did he hurt him somehow? Guilt and confusion swarmed like a nest of bees inside of him, some even leaving the pack to peck at his skin. At the places they stabbed, his fur prickled with unease. Some tufts were sated when Waspfrost assured him he had merely inhaled some of the water, although others were not quite so convinced. With each moment that crawled by, his muscles stayed poised. He was prepared at any moment to return him straight to camp. If he thought he wouldn’t get Speckledmoss involved immediately, he was wrong. Smallscreech allowed himself a relieved smile and a soft huff chuckle through his nose when Waspfrost’s fur brushed against his.

Screech didn’t even mind the water that seeped into his side when their pelts connected. He was more interested in the softness of Wasp’s fur and his scent lingering on him even when they separated. He rasped his tongue twice down his chest to regain himself before he trotted after his..friend? Patrolmate? Waspfrost. Just…Waspfrost. “Is that all?” Screech purred as he walked alongside him. “I suppose apprentice duties is what I deserve for being a rat. Don’t be shocked when you return from your patrol to see a bunch of useless junk decorating it.” He grinned to himself and shook his head. He wouldn’t say it, but tomorrow, he would place a sprig of berries on that poor tom’s nest. It was the least he could do after the drama he had caused. “I suppose we can tell Firestar we came home empty-pawed because I almost killed you. I’m sure he’d understand.” He smirked at that, imagining the great ginger tom’s dull exasperation at the tale. Being a leader wasn’t easy, especially when your Clanmates had about five feathers in their brains to share between them.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Wasp shook out his pelt once again, feeling disgusting from the way his fur was plastered against his skinny side because of the water. “Ew.” He mumbled to himself as he looked to his side to see the wet fur sticking up in odd angles from where he had brushed up against Screech. Grumbling to himself as he sat down in order to twist his slender figure to lick at his side, discarding of the creek water that tainted his scent. “No that is not all.” Waspfrost managed to huff through the mouthful of fur, yellow eyes landing upon Smallscreech. Whom had spontaneously regained his usual playfulness. “You still owe me a meal. Since you are supposedly so great at catching birds, I expect one tonight.” Wasp decided with a small nod of his chin, straightening out his posture and swallowing the lump in the back of his throat. “Don’t let me catch you trading in prey with Darkbird either.” He smirked, everyone knew that Darkbird was one of the more successful bird hunters in the clan.

Although at the mention of telling Firestar why they showed up without any prey, he hesitated for a moment as he weighed the pros and cons. “Eh… blaming you sounds like a good idea.” Waspfrost laughed before standing up and joining Screech as they began to walk further away from the creek before Waspfrost suddenly put two and two together. “Put useless junk in my nest…” Wasp muttered before he turned to Screech, his paw reaching out to cuff those folded ears. “If I find useless junk in my nest, I will fill your nest with bottle caps.” Wasp promised, his eyes narrowing for a moment before he huffed and lifted his chin up in the air. “Besides, Firestar knows better than to send me on hunting patrols.” Wasp winked with confidence as he quickened his pace ahead of Screech.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Smallscreech had foolishly believed the nest to be all of Waspfrost’s demands. Oh, how naïve that was. He supposed that came from not having siblings to blackmail you to high hell. He sighed and turned to face the black tom, who had stopped to groom his side. Screech’s yellow-green eyes bore nervously into Waspfrost. He was convinced Waspfrost would milk this for the rest of his life. They would be old elders and he would still find a way to make him feel bad about this. He deserved it, but it made his cheeks flush with embarrassment. Waspfrost had him caught between his paws like a frightened mouse. Thankfully, he was only toying with him…

He bit back the second is that all? Catching birds was a breeze. He relaxed and sighed in relief. “Sure,” he snorted. “I’ll find you the loudest, most annoying bird in the forest. Perhaps you’ll have something in common,” he quipped back playfully. His eyes gleamed with mischief even as the tom threatened to fill his nest with bottlecaps. “At this point, I think Firestar only sends you on patrols to be something to look at.” He joked, only to wince at his own comment. “B-Be-You know, because you don’t do anything.” He added quickly. He was cringing now at his stammering, but he tried to pass it off as squinting at the sun. “Actually, I don’t remember a time where we have actually brought home more than two mice together. Kittens would be more productive out here.”

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He snickered as he watched Screech’s facial expression, clearly he had the tomcat trapped between wanting to back out and wanting to please I’m because of his whole coughing slip. Thank StarClan or who the hell ever gave him this opportunity. Rolling his eyes for a moment as it was suggested that he would be receiving the loudest bird that the forest could provide, causing him to side glance the tomcat beside him. “That bird better be dead or else.” Waspfrost warned for a moment, before looking ahead of himself and releasing a small ‘Hmp’ that was full of attitude. Slowly licking at his lips, he lifted his chin in order to breathe in the scents around them as he tried to ignore the stench of the creek. Oh how he wished he had more berries.

Although he almost stumbled when Smallscreech made a jab at him, but in a way it sounded like he was telling Waspfrost he was good looking. Which he already knew, but hearing it from Smallscreech made an eyebrow arch as he looked at his companion. “Oh? Is that so?” Waspfrost hummed, shifting closer to Screech with a smirk as he watched the other tomcats uncomfortable reaction before he stepped away to give Screech his personal space once more. “Well if Firestar wants something to look at, he only need ask.” Waspfrost laughed as he gave an extra sway to his hips to insinuate his point before he shrugged a slender shoulder blade. “I’ll admit that I’m not very useful. But I am useful in the areas Firestar needs me to be.” Waspfrost found himself saying, tail tip twitching slightly.

Waspfrost wasn’t much of a hunter or a fighter really, he was small and slender which made him quick and easily overlooked. Not to mention when he wasn’t running his mouth, he could actually manage to be quiet. Looking over his shoulder blade to gaze upon Screech before he snorted. “If you feel that bad, I’ll go lay in the shade and you can go find something to bring back. I’ll let Dawnstorm know I was supporting you from the sidelines.” Waspfrost laughed as he flopped down onto the grass, laying on his back and stretching out his slender body before he looked towards Screech and smirked.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

He didn’t want to risk another cuff from the tom. He had already flipped his ear back once, and Screech hated when cats touched his ears. A lifetime of cats poking and prodding the little folds or asking just how his ears looked like that got old moons ago. “It will be! Broken neck and everything. Dead as dead can be,” he assured the black-furred warrior with another smirk. Screech had a staring problem. Or at least he did around Wasp. He eyed the attitude that exuded from him with amusement, unable to keep a little giggle inside. It was clear this cat was hungry. It was against the code to eat while on patrol, but it was only the two of them. Who would tell? Not Screech.

He had hoped Waspfrost would just skim right over what he had said, but of course the cunning tom just had to pin that comment in his mind. Damn it, he thought begrudgingly. He lifted his chin a little and cleared his throat. He didn’t confirm nor deny his rhetorical question. In fact, he wanted to curl up into a hole and die. His sexuality was never something he liked to talk about. While he would never pretend he wasn’t interested in toms; that wasn’t why he was embarrassed. It was just…he had never, ever had someone catch his eye before. He had never had a mate, never even thought of a Clanmate in a romantic fashion. Well, until now, he supposed. He didn’t want to admit it, but he noticed in himself how his heart would squeeze a little harder or his skin blush a little easier around Waspfrost. It was horrible. He hated it. He wanted to ignore it for as long as possible, preferably for the rest of his life, even. Teasing was all fun and games. It was a joke. However, sometimes he felt the two said some things around each other that weren’t all that ‘funny’, so to speak.

He was probably just thinking too hard about it. Shut up, he groaned. His flopped ears pricked a little as Waspfrost made that comment about Firestar. His eyes widened and he hesitated. Wait…Is Firestar…? “Oh.” The word slipped from his mouth before he had noticed it. “I-I-er–that’s great, er…for you two,” he cleared his throat. The bees that had occupied his stomach before morphed into hornets. They were furious. They were harder to ignore than the bees or butterflies, especially when they stung the back of his throat like toxic bile. No wonder he’s always stuck with me. He’s on the damn easy shifts! Perks of being with Firestar, I suppose.

As Waspfrost settled down into the grass, Screech broke out of his thoughts and forced a small smile. “Birds. Yes. Don’t support me too loudly. I actually need to catch something this time. Stay right here, Madam Firestar,” he teased him gently. It felt so funny to say. Who would have thought? Smallscreech flicked his ears to dislodge his awe and lightened his paw steps. He turned away from the water and padded deeper into the territory that had always been his home. He knew every rock and fallen log as if they were written into his very soul, so by extension he also memorized the usual places the migrating birds built their nests. He was gone for no more than twenty minutes. The sun was becoming lazier. The birds were returning from their hunting. He left the mothers alone in their nests, as they needed to raise their young, but one jay family’s sire was especially feisty. He was dispatched with a swift paw and a crushing bite to its neck.

When Screech returned to his lounging friend, it was with a warm, blue-feathered morsel. He padded straight up to Wasp and scoffed as he dropped it at his paws. “Do you want me to defeather it for you as well?” He asked with exaggerated elegance, dipping his head in a deep bow to his companion.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Honestly, Waspfrost never really noticed when Screech was staring at him, instead he was usually looking the other way trying to keep himself from staring. He didn’t keep his sexuality a secret, instead he pretty much podcasted it. Wasp was proud to be a homosexual and knew even his appearance leaned more towards the more feminine side. However, he had never really found a suitor within the clan, most felines didn’t approve or didn’t care enough to act out on their feelings. That didn’t bother him though, maybe one day he would find someone. “Dead as dead can be. Sounds good.” Wasp huffed with a flick of his tail, he was promised a dead bird and as long as Screech could provide a dead bird then he wouldn’t place jagged bottle caps in the moss of Smallscreech’s nest.

As he flopped down to the ground, he blinked as Screech suddenly deadpanned, arching an eyebrow at the stunned expression the other tomcat was wearing. Wasp was not a thick as Screech and instantly knew what he was thinking, causing him to smirk. Wasp was not in fact tangled with Firestar in any way other than being just another one of his mindless minions. But Screech didn’t need to know that, in fact he was kind of liking the stammer that was emitting from Screech. “Thanks.” He chirped with a cheeky grin, although his head tilted upon the ground. Instead of a romantic relation with Firestar, it was all business. Despite being a talker and complainer, he knew when to be quiet and stealthy. His sharp hearing and keen sense of smell always played in well when hiding to the shadows or dead of night. Waspfrost was more in tuned with spying on others than he was actually hunting. But then again… no one was supposed to know that either. It was literally the only reason he was accepted into the clan.

Was Waspfrost amused with this reaction? He certainly was, smirking as Screech told him to be quiet. Even going as far as to call him ‘madam Firestar’. Oh he couldn’t wait to see the expression on Firestar and Auroraskies when the rumor reached their ears, oh how glorious that sight would be. “Yes, yes. Don’t keep me waiting.” Wasp responded in a shrill voice, mocking a female before he snickered and rubbed his back into the soft grass with a sigh. Licking his lips softly, Waspfrost was reminded of another mission that Firestar had awarded him with, but he found himself feeling a little hesitant to complete. He didn’t want to go back to the city. Gazing up at the canopy, his eyes began to get heavy from the heat, blinking his eyes numerous times before his sleepiness won over. Paws tucked into his chest and cheek gently leaned into the grass, Waspfrost took a power nap.

Pointed ears twitched upon the sound of paws crunching the grass and indenting the dirt with their toes. A soft murmur left his lips before his eyes slowly blinked open, yellow gaze looking up at the handsome and yet triumph expression of Screech. Mind slowly processing, his gaze dropped down towards the blue jay that his companion was holding, his stomach rumbling in response as his lips broke out into a joyous grin. “Food!” Wasp hummed in a sleepy voice, smirking as Screech dropped the bird and eyed him in a sarcastic manner. “Actually that would be rather lovely of you.” Waspfrost hummed softly at the prospect of his meal being pre-plucked. However, he stretched out his slender figure, forelegs to the sky before he flipped to lay on his stomach, paws reaching out for the blue jay. “Ooo.. he’s a fatty.” Wasp commented, leaning in towards the breast of the bird to begin plucking the blue and cream feathers away.   

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest Stop Them Chirps (Small and Wasp)