Skip to toolbar

something entirely new {MoonBear}

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den something entirely new {MoonBear}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Pheebs
    Participant

“Loving someone more than yourself

can be killing at times”

Moonberry poked her head in, dual-colored eyes wide and friendly. There wasn’t a single threatening characteristic about her, it seemed. Her face maintained roundness, as though kithood never fully left her, and her belly was slightly plumper than the average warrior. Moonberry’s easy smile, bubbling voice, and sweet milk scent- even her curled ears emphasized just how perfectly harmless she appeared. The tenseness in her shoulders hinted at stress, though, while the lines along her nose and eyes suggested a combination of anxiety and laughter.

“How are you holding up, beastie?” She grinned at the massive brown tabby, whom she dubbed “beastie”. “You haven’t died yet, and you don’t smell infected, so I’m taking those as good signs.” Perhaps it was bravery or stupidity, but Moonberry didn’t hesitate to approach the grumbling rogue and make herself comfortable at his side. She left space between them, but she could easily close the gap by leaning two or more inches closer.

“The strangest part about no longer being a queen and taking care of littluns is the free time. Have I told you about Silentpaw, Crowpaw, and Emberpaw?” The van-patterned warrior bore her gaze into Bear, not moving nearer but seeming to swell with uncontained joy. She adored her children and jumped on any excuse to boast about them. “Waspfrost told me to leave you alone,” she added, as though this were extremely relevant. “Well, his exact words were more like: ‘I swear to Starclan if you don’t leave that rogue alone, I’ll drag you out of there myself.’ Wasp is a sweetheart- he’s my kits’ uncle!” Sort-of Uncle. Still in the process of accepting his title of uncle. 

#b56bff

Feared
    Participant

Bear

Mountain Cat

No matter what way he tried to lay his head upon his paws, the throbbing under his temple wouldn’t settle. He was told that this massive headache was due to the trauma he had received to his head, and although the medicine cats of this clan had managed to keep him alive. Bear was growing more and more temperamental with his pain. Cobwebs were wrapped tightly around his head and left eye in order to keep the bandages secure, although it hid a perfectly fine eye, he could still see just fine with his right eye. Although his shoulder blade was incredibly sore from where Speckledmoss and Saffrongaze had twisted his shoulder blade in order for the joint to be reconnected with the socket. Cobwebs were randomly placed along his pelt from the deep scratches that the human contraption had caused. Damn humans. Bear thought groggily to himself, one green and yellow eye glaring down at the dirt as he enjoyed the peace and quiet, which was soon to be interrupted.

The single eye closed out of annoyance as the clan’s most annoying female seemed to make it her goal to annoy him. Slowly he exhaled the breath he had been holding and opened his eye to watch Moonberry with annoyance coloring his gaze as the she-cat walked towards him without a care in the world. How on earth had she made it so far being so damn stupid? Lucky for her he wasn’t in the right health or mood to swat at her but the feeling was there. “I am convinced you know just how annoying you are.” Bear grumbled, he was never one to mince his words and he knew it got him in trouble more than once. Although Moonberry didn’t seem troubled by his ill manners, instead she seemed calm and persistent to trouble him. A small groan tickled the back of his throat as he was being forced to hold a conversation, grumbling under his breath as he slowly lifted his throbbing head from the comfort of his massive paws. “I’m managing.” He muttered sourly, opening his right eye and looking towards the molly, she was sitting rather closely but he didn’t dare mention it, he figured she would just exploit it if she knew how uncomfortable it made him.

Bear glared at her but then again she seemed rather content with his actions, causing him to press his lips together as his long and bushy tail curled up against the middle of his back. His leg wasn’t strong enough to carry his weight yet and that was disappointing right about now. As soon as she began to mention her kids for what seemed like the millionth time, he rolled his eye to the top of the den. “Only for the millionth time. And for the millionth time my answer is still that I don’t give a damn about Sloth, Crook, or Emy.” Bear purposively butchered the names of her children in order to upset her and get her to leave. Turning his gaze away from Moonberry; he lifted a paw to graze his tongue over the dark brown striped fur before he noticed that she was still talking. Damn she either had nerves of steel or she was this dumb. Waspfrost, huh? At least someone around here seemed to have some damn sense. “Well Twinkle face, it seems like he’s the only one around here who has a brain.” He grumbled and looked towards her pointedly. “Quit bothering me.” Bear snapped, his patience running low as he turned his chin away from her. Cranky bears were always liable to snap once or twice.

Pheebs
    Participant

“My clanmates did like to Maddening Moon- Meddling Moon- and ‘Oh, you.” The next smile proffered was sharper, but it didn’t touch her eyes. Which at this point had fallen to her paws. She was clearly upset, but Moonberry was a bit of a masochist (or an idiot) and kept herself rooted where she was. “Twinkle Face is probably the best nickname I’ve had, yet.” Waspfrost didn’t give her a name- because “idiot” and “stupid” “Are not nicknames, Wasp- how do you not understand this?” Rookfall never gave her a name either, but his friendship and kindness were never put into question.

“Well, how do I help you turn ‘managing’ into ‘thriving’?” She grinned, curled ears twitching excitedly. “Wasp definitely has a brain- he’s very smart, a little antisocial, total sweetheart when he wants to be!” Moonberry’s friendship with Waspfrost was a curious one. The small tom was about as sweet as a lemon, and his face was typically a deterrent simply from the hostility ingrained in its features. He did care, though, because he was angry when Rookfall returned. Maybe that didn’t make sense, but Moonberry caught on. Waspfrost had been angry because she’d gotten hurt but was ready to forgive and forget at the risk of being hurt again. Moonberry sensed that Bear might be very similar to Waspfrost in that regard- all hard layers with a soft middle.

“Their names aren’t that hard to remember,” she added testily, an afterthought. “Silentpaw- the quiet one- Crowpaw- the loud one- and Emberpaw- the troublemaker.” Maybe he should meet them himself? It pleased her to have an excuse to get her family back together all at once. Moonberry insisted she wasn’t overbearing- she was simply lonely. “Once you’re feeling better, I volunteered to take care of you while you stay here.” She was curious to see any sign of excitement or even a pleased smile at this good news. She was great company, wasn’t she? She tried to be, at least.

Feared
    Participant

Bear

Mountain Cat

Moonberry was definitely an odd cat, his one yellow and green eye flickering towards her face as she mentioned the few nicknames that her clanmates had given her. So everyone thought she was annoying, eh? Although he did arch an eyebrow as she hinted that the nickname he had given her was the best one. Although he had simply given it to her because his eyesight had been failing him that morning after his accident and her face appeared to be twinkling. Snorting, he smirked lightly and shrugged weakly, his broad shoulders rolling and the long fur ruffled. “Guess you’re welcome Twinkle Face.” Bear grumbled, his long tail lashing with annoyance as she continued to sit beside of him.

How could they turn his situation into a better one? Honestly he really needed something for this head splitting headache, his brows scrunching slightly as he tried to manage it but he knew sooner or later he would have to ask for help. Instead he chose not to answer Moonberry, slowly turning his head and closing his eye so he didn’t agitate his head any further, breathing in slowly as he could feel his stomach beginning to churn. “I don’t care about some bug, twinkle face. I’m not here to stay, I just really needed some help.” Bear mumbled softly, his voice losing its bite as he grew more and more nauseous.

Moonberry didn’t appear to be thrown off by his rude behavior, perhaps a little annoyed by it but she wasn’t allowing it to chase her off sadly. Grunting slightly he slowly lowered his head and pressed his forehead against his forepaws, his stomach felt like heaving. Lips parted as he began to pant as she spoke of her kits, he knew their names but he didn’t care, he wasn’t going to grow attached. “Twinkle face I might throw up.” Bear cut into her conversation suddenly, his throat burning and his brows pinched together as he felt a certain weakness take hold of him. Growling in annoyance, Bear slowly stood up, his stance weak as the massive tomcat touched the ceiling with his back, his head bowed so he wouldn’t knock it. “Ehhh.” He whined softly at the pain in his shoulder but he limped around Moonberry to where he was standing at the entrance, walking halfway out of the den before his stomach finally flexed and whatever had been settling within his stomach was sitting on the ground. He hated this.

Pheebs
    Participant

Moonberry wasn’t able to stop the snort that escaped her. It was no small thing, either- no, it had to be a full, loud snort. It was either that or her awkwardly and equally loud laugh, so she supposed it was for the best that she hadn’t laughed. “Waspfrost is my best friend, and he’s very prickly.” A bit like you, actually. She avoided adding that, figuring the bigger feline wouldn’t appreciate such a comparison. 

Bear’s interruption was met with surprise, her kitty brows raising and lips dropping into a small “O”. “I-“ She quickly rose to her paws, following after the large tom. She noted with surprise how his shoulders skimmed the roof of the den, but the observation was quickly forgotten. “I- I should go find water for you,” she stuttered. The round molly hesitated, eyes darting from Bear’s stressed profile to the camp exit. For some reason, she couldn’t get her paws to move. Fear, she realized. 

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Pheebs.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Pheebs.
    Feared
    Participant

Bear

Mountain Cat

Everything hurt, from his head down to his stomach. As he stood there, puking he wasn’t aware of anything else in the world. But he could imagine his cousin hanging over him and fretting like a mother bear. Clearly their parents had mistaken their names because Grizzly was more of a cuddly bear, while he was more of a grouchy Grizzly. Throat tightening, he smacked his lips together and released a soft groan, lifting his head and leaning his body slightly against the side of the den. It was still rather chilly outside with a small dusting of snow in the clearing. Which was comfortable for Bear as he slowly looked around, the clearing was buzzing with life. Too many damn cats in one area more like. He thought to himself.

Moonberry was saying something but he couldn’t quite figure it out, turning his chin to see the black and white patched she-cat was standing there with wide eyes. Either his size or the puking had surprised her and he wasn’t sure which one he was more proud of. “I’m fine. I don’t need anything.” He huffed in a rough and ragged tone, looking down at the puke pile he had produced with disgust. Grunting, he lifted a paw and back to pack the puke with dirt. That would help with moving it and getting rid of the smell. “Where do you put your waste?” He grumbled, his body slowly slumping to where he was sitting down on his rump and clearing his throat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den something entirely new {MoonBear}