See Through Our Eyes (Wild&Breeze)

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory Rolling Moors See Through Our Eyes (Wild&Breeze)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

The air was rather bitter sweet as the honeysuckles were beginning to bloom along the randomly places bushes within the moor, no doubt giving refuge to bumblebees and small rabbits that dined upon the honey sweet water that dropped from the pale yellow petals. New-leaf was gracing the Clans a bit early this year but he really couldn’t complain, he was trying to leave his dreary mood behind in the cold air of the Bare-Leaf season. True he was very happy that Startledcrow and Willowfur did not need to hide their relationship and their beautiful kittens from the eyes of WindClan. But he was also a little down from the fact that he was no longer the father figure of Desertkit and Stormkit. Although, the kittens couldn’t remember that he had been there, he was still their uncle and therefore he was still close to the young kittens. Dark amber eyes flickered towards Wolfstar as his companion, nodding as he agreed with the tomcat on the location to find a possible meal. 

Eveningstorm could tell that the air was a little stale but not necessarily uncomfortable, pupils narrowing slightly as he licked his lips for a moment as his paper-thin ears twitched. “I’m sure you’re glad to be out of the den. Now that Goldenrose is back in the leaders den I’m sure you never get a moment for yourself.” He teased, looking towards his leader as he gave a wiggle of his eyebrows. Clearly he was trying to lighten the mood, but he was also having a little jab at Wolfstar. He could tell that Wolfstar was flustered, which caused him to grin as the dark brown and white tabby speed up for a moment to keep up with the tall and broad tomcat. Although when Wolfstar asked if he could hear something in the wind, his ears stood alert as he listened to the voices that were trembling through the air. “I hear it…” He muttered, eyebrows furrowing as he took a hesitant step towards the echo. 

“That way, perhaps?” He offered, dark amber eyes flickered towards Wolfstar before the tall and broad tomcat began to walk in the direction of the footing voices without waiting for his leaders approval. Moments went by as he walked towards the border that lined the overlaying mountains, pupils narrowing into slits as he could just barely seeing a figure moving through the tall grass, appearing to sport a dark pelt. “Wolfstar, over there!” Eveningstorm used his muzzle to point in the direction of the dark figure moving through the tall grass, the closer he got the more he realized that the dark figure was dragging someone. Walking closer, his heart fell when he suddenly noticed who the dark grey figure was. Breezepaw. His heart stopped for a moment, his mind racing as he looked over his shoulder to see his curious leader getting closer. “Wolfstar… perhaps you shouldn’t get any closer.” Eveningstorm muttered hesitantly, worried about the fathers reaction, while he turned and hurried towards Breezepaw to see his own apprentice, Wildpaw laying motionless, the scent of blood and death lingering. “What happened?” He asked roughly, but Breezepaw was unable to answer, releasing his brothers scruff and looking between Eveningstorm and Wolfstar, seeming to shrink under their gazed. “Please… help Wildpaw.” Breezepaw whispered, stepping back hesitantly from his littermate. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar ~WindClan Leader~

Wolfstar raised an eyebrow at Eveningstorm’s teasing jab, a chuckle bouncing from his chest. “Honestly, I welcome company more than solitude, and Goldenrose happens to be my favorite company.” He appreciated his warrior for trying to lighten the mood, making him feel a lot more relaxed. It was obvious Eveningstorm wasn’t angry towards him and he knew he could set his mind at ease. After he had noticed the sound of voices, and Eveningstorm had as well, his heart raced and his ears were strained to pick up anything else around them. Something felt…off about the noises. It was as if an unknown force was keeping him from stepping forward to check it out, wanting to guard him from whatever it was. Wolfstar’s blue eyes narrowed and he followed Eveningstorm at a hesitant pace, his eyes going to and fro around them. What if it was an attack? How would a Clan pass through their borders and end up at the back of their territory without being noticed by one of his border patrols? 

When Wolfstar joined up with Eveningstorm, his chest tightened with anxiety at the look on the gray tom’s face. “Why?” he demanded, his voice a little harsh, but it was out of fear. He stepped forward to peer around him and caught a glimpse of Wildpaw’s black pelt that was now stained with red. “No!” He rushed forward, slightly shoving Eveningstorm out of the way so he could get to his son quicker. Wildpaw wasn’t moving. Was he breathing? StarClan, please don’t let him be dead! How could you take another one of my kits?! He leaned down to sniff Wildpaw’s pelt, noticing most of his injury came from his hind legs and head. “What happened?” he questioned his other son, not taking his eyes from Wildpaw. Wolfstar noticed the smallest of breaths fill his son’s lungs before being let out. He was breathing!

Wolfstar wanted to weep with joy that there was a sign of life, but his grief and fear was almost debilitating. He needed to keep it together. Wildpaw needed help. “We have to take him back,” he meowed, the tone of his voice very firm. “Eveningstorm, Breezepaw, very carefully put him on my back. I can’t think of any other way to get him to camp, and I feel like it’s the less painful way of doing so.” Wolfstar lowered himself into a crouch beside Wildpaw, his eyes on his son’s sweet face. At least Wildpaw was unconscious and couldn’t feel the pain that he was for sure experiencing. My sweet son…stay with us. Stay with us and I promise you’ll have an amazing life in WindClan. I can’t have another one of my family leave me. I’m not supposed to outlive my kits…

Feared
    Participant

Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

Ears laid flat as he was pushed out of the way, but he couldn’t possibly blame Wolfstar. Not only was Wolfstar their leader, but he was also their father. The two young toms here were from the youngest litter that Wolfstar currently had and he imagined it didn’t matter how many kittens someone had, the maternal instinct to protect and love your offspring. Eyebrows furrowed as he looked down at Wildpaw, noticing finally that the blood was gelling around the head and the back legs, which silently indicated that his apprentice had fallen. Should have known… these two would get into too much trouble with some freedom. Eveningstorm chastised himself, this was clearly his fault for allowing his apprentice at least one day where he could spend time with his siblings. Eyes flickered towards Breezepaw as Wolfstar also asked his son what had happened, but the young Tom seemed stressed and exhausted from dragging his brother. “Wolfstar, lets just get Wildpaw back to camp and then Nettlenose and Startledcrow can question Breezepaw.” Eveningstorm came to the defense of the young grey Tom, who could have been hurt himself. Breezepaw blinked in silent thanks to that of Eveningstorm while his father looked over Wildpaw’s body.

Eveningstorm nodded and looked towards Breezepaw, using his muzzle to point in the direction of Wildpaw’s hind legs. “Breezepaw, I’m going to grab Wildpaw’s scruff and when I lift him, put your body under his and help me shift him. Carefully.” Eveningstorm instructed, while Breezepaw nodded silently and got into position beside of his brother. Eveningstorm lowered his head towards Wildpaw’s scruff, a small pray leaving the older toms lips. “Just hold on, Wildpaw.” He willed, before snagging hold of Wildpaw’s pelt, picking him up carefully while Breezepaw shuffled under Wildpaw, helping Eveningstorm to carefully shift Wildpaw’s body to where he was now draped over his fathers back. Releasing Wildpaw’s scruff, Eveningstorm nodded towards his leader. “Alright, you can get up, we will make sure he doesn’t fall.” Eveningstorm looked towards Breezepaw, nodding for the young Wolfstar twin to take the other side of Wolfstar to keep an eye on Wildpaw as they walked.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Wolfstar grunted when Eveningstorm and Breezepaw placed Wildpaw on his back, moving his shoulder blades so it was more comfortable. When Eveningstorm meowed that they were done, he slowly stood up, his muscles tightening to keep himself steady. He turned to Breezepaw and flicked his tail at the white and gray apprentice, motioning for him to come closer. “Son, I’m proud of you for dragging Wildpaw back down. I’m sorry if I snapped at you. I’m going to need you to stay strong enough to run back to camp and tell Startledcrow and Nettlenose what happened. Warn them that Eveningstorm and I are coming, okay?” He looked his son in the eyes before leaning his head forward to rasp his tongue over Breezepaw’s forehead. Even though he was afraid for what was going to happen to Wildpaw, he knew he needed to keep himself calm for his other kit who looked scared and exhausted. 

The leader looked at Eveningstorm. “I would have sent you to camp, but I need someone strong and closer to my height just in case he falls off or I need to take him down. And keep an eye to see if he ever wakes.” StarClan, please don’t let him wake, he thought a silent prayer to his ancestors. Wolfstar nodded to Breezepaw to start running, then nodded to Eveningstorm as he pressed forward towards camp. Wildpaw was still young and his body still light, which made it a lot easier to pick up the pace as much as he could. “Hang in there, Wildpaw,” he murmured, his eyes narrowed at the direction of camp. 

Don’t fret, my dear. He will be fine. Cremefur’s voice tickled the hairs in Wolfstar’s ears, and his heart quickened, grateful she was watching over his son who wasn’t hers. Remembering her personality, he knew she most likely loved his and Goldenrose’s kits, watching over them just as much as her own. “I hope you’re right,” he whispered. He felt Cremefur’s pelt help keep him up as the weight of Wildpaw’s body began to get heavy, and he tried to pick up the pace without bouncing his son too much. Oh, Goldenrose… I’m so sorry, my love. Wolfstar didn’t want his mate see the state Wildpaw was in, wanting to protect her from the pain of possibly losing a child. There was no pain like it…

Once the camp was in sight, he sighed with a breath of relief and felt Cremefur step away from him. He was grateful for her help, but not upset about her disappearing again, wanting to get his son to the care of his medicine cat’s and to calm his mate. He let Eveningstorm brush away the entrance so it wouldn’t smack Wildpaw’s pelt, and he hurried to the medicine cat’s den. “Startledcrow, Nettlenose!

Feared
    Participant

Goldenrose ~ WindClan Warrior

Soft purrs were tickling the inside of the warriors throat, head tilted slightly for a moment as Tinyflame groomed her wed he’d cranium, getting the spots she couldn’t exactly reach, while also venting and listening to Tinyflame speak of Heatherpaw. She was so proud that her kittens were doing so well, forming to their mentors teachings and soaking everything up. The sun was moving swiftly across the sky as it seemed, the shadows shifting and the temperature lightening. Her rose gold and white patched pelt was neatly groomed and shimmering from her sharing tongues with Tinyflame, muttering soft words of encouragement to the younger she-cat. Although, the sound of swift paws hitting the ground caught her attention, ears becoming alert as her chin turned in order to catch sight of a small and rather fluffy dark grey and white pelted feline was booting through the entrance and hurrying towards the  medicine cat den. Goldenrose knew exactly who that grey and white pelt belonged to and the expression she had seen on his face caused her fur to begin to rise. Something wasn’t right. Breezepaw whipped into the medicine cat den and within moments the form of Startledcrow exited the den with his tail fluffed out from troubling news. Moving into a standing position, her vibrant green eyes flickered towards Breezepaw, who was already making his way towards her. Nothing like a mother’s comfort. Breezepaw pushed his face immediately into his mother’s chest, soft little sobs leaving his throat.

Worry was already coursing through her blood as she looked down at her son, chin lowering as she gently rasped her tongue over his ears and his head. A foreign taste tingling her tongue, “Breezepaw, shhhhh. Tell me what’s wrong.” Goldenrose demanded in a soft, sing like tone as she used her muzzle to nudge her sons face out from her chest. Big blue eyes stared up at her sadly, misery and guilt colored his gaze as he stared up at her, pulling at her heart strings. “Momma… I… Wildpaw he-“ Breezepaw broke off when the branches of the overhanging bushes were pulled back far enough for Wolfstar and Eveningstorm to walk through. Goldenrose may had been confused with what Breezepaw had been trying to tell her, but she certainly wasn’t confused when she spotted her black furred son laying over his fathers back, motionlessly. The world felt like it dropped from under her paws, stumbling slightly, her green eyes were wide and already filling with tears of tread. Wildpaw, her sweet little Wildpaw appeared dead. “Noooooooo!” A screech like scream suddenly tore from her throat as her heart judged the reality of the situation, ears pinning back against her head as Startledcrow rushed forward to help with guiding Wolfstar into the medicine cat den.

Breezepaw steppes back from his mother when she moved forward, moving swiftly and gracefully through the crowd that was in her way. “No.. no… not my Wildpaw.” She cried, all sense of decorum lost at the sight of her ‘dead’ kit. Goldenrose’s mind wasn’t working correctly, she couldn’t have known her son was alive but he was barely holding on. Startledcrow could see the frantic mother making her way towards the den, but sadly he couldn’t allow for Goldenrose to get in the way while he needed to treat the seriously injured Tom. “Eveningstorm, do not let Goldenrose into the den.” Startledcrow ordered his brother, his bright blue eyes piercing Goldenrose’s heart before the dark grey tabby Tom slipped back inside of the den. Eveningstorm blocked the entrance of the den, dark amber eyes gazing down at Goldenrose as she approached then den. “Is he dead? Tell me is my son dead!” Goldenrose screeched, her green eyes bright with anger and pain as she tried to peer around Eveningstorm.

“I… I don’t know, Goldenrose. Please, let Startledcrow work.” Eveningstorm tried to calm the she-cat, tears were streaming down her cheek as she gazed up at Eveningstorm, his answer doing very little to calm the stabbing pain forming in her stomach. “You don’t know..?” She whispered, the words a blow as she gazed past his shoulder, barely just seeing shadows move frantically as Startledcrow assessed her kit. “My kit is in there and you don’t know!” Goldenrose screamed, her emotions getting the best of her. Eveningstorm could not blame her though, she was the mother of Wildpaw. She had carried him, fed him and nurtured him to grow. Now his life could be taken from him. Breezepaw walked hesitantly towards his mother, ears flat as he knew his mother was incredibly upset. “Mom… come on.” Breezepaw softly urged, while Goldenrose glared at Eveningstorm, tears streaming down her cheeks while Breezepaw finally cooed her away from the entrance.

Startledcrow was moving swiftly in the den, helping Wolfstar lower the tomcat to the nest that was provided. “Breezepaw told me that Wildpaw fell from an oak tree, from the sight of his injuries he was very high in the tree.” Startledcrow informed Wolfstar, pupil narrowing slightly as he could just slightly see the pale aurora of Wildpaw hovering over his dark black fur. “And if I don’t move quickly, he will die.” Startledcrow pushes Wolfstar back and out of the way, using his nimble paws to part back the long black fur as he searched for the open wounds, cleaning away the blood and the dirt. Moving carefully he began to straighten out Wildpaw’s body, seeing that the left leg was slightly out of its socket, causing him to grunt. Goldenrose’s screams could be heard within the den and he knew Wolfstar would be distracted and torn but he looked at the big grey Tom. “Do what you must.” Startledcrow assured him, pressing down against Wildpaw while also maneuvering his leg in order to push the bone and tendon back into place.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Goldenrose’s wail rang in Wolfstar’s ears repeatedly. The fur on the back of his neck lifted and his heart dropped like a stone. His sweet, fiery, beautiful mate sounded heart broken and in pain as if she were the one injured instead of Wildpaw. A mother’s love was unbreakable and stronger than every other emotion. Wolfstar no doubt loved all of his kits more than anything, but he never carried them or nurtured them like his mates had. The WindClan leader tried to keep a brave face as he moved passed Goldenrose and his Clanmate’s to get to the medicine den, his only priority being to get Wildpaw care as quick as possible. He ducked underneath the lichen at the entrance of the medicine den. A slight gasp left him when he felt Wildpaw begin to stir on his back, and Wolfstar looked at Startledcrow with urgency. “He’s starting to awaken.” Wolfstar’s voice was tight.

As Startledcrow helped him carefully slide Wildpaw off his back and into the closest nest, he listened to the medicine cat’s report. An oak tree? As far as Wolfstar knew, there were no oak trees on WindClan territory. The only one’s he could recall were in ThunderClan and SkyClan territory, and his two sons were nowhere near there. The mountains. It hit Wolfstar like a smack from a badger. Breezepaw and Wildpaw must have crossed their boundary into the mountain range. However, none of that mattered at the moment. The only thing they needed to do was keep Wildpaw alive. Wolfstar stepped back and watched Startledcrow dig the dirt and pebbles out of Wildpaw’s fur before sniffing towards his leg. The continuous screams of the fearful Goldenrose was calling to Wolfstar, and he was torn between leaving to care for his mate and staying with his son. With Startledcrow’s reassurance, Wolfstar nodded and shakily left the den, his muscles tired and weak. 

Wolfstar’s dull, blue eyes scanned the clearing until they rested on Goldenrose and Breezepaw huddled together. Some of their Clanmate’s were trying to comfort them, but most of them stayed out of their way to grieve. Wolfstar padded forward, his pelt unkept and his tail dragging behind him. “Goldenrose,” he meowed, softly, brushing his pelt against hers to show her he was there. “It’s okay, my love. Startledcrow is looking after him. He’s not dead.Yet. Wolfstar’s body was wrapped around his mate, but his tail rested on Breezepaw’s spine to show him he was there for him as well. “All we can do right now is just pray to StarClan that they’ll look after him and keep him with us.” Wolfstar began to rasp his tongue over Goldenrose’s forehead to help calm her. He could feel her body shaking with fear and worry, and he paid no mind to the staring Clanmate’s that surrounded them. He would let Eveningstorm do the honors of telling them all what happened.

Back in the den, Wildpaw had been floating in and out of consciousness ever since Wolfstar had brought him. The pain would ease when the darkness took over, but would rise to painful heights when his blue eyes would blink open. He was finally forced awake when he felt an excruciating pop in his left leg and Wildpaw could only muster a grumble of pain. The vision in his left eye was blurry, but slowly came to while his right eye stayed black. Every part of Wildpaw hurt. The bones and muscles in his left leg screamed, his shoulders bruised, and his head throbbed as if rocks were being thrown at his ears. “B-Breezepaw,” he whispered softly. Startledcrow stood over him, but Wildpaw didn’t have time to acknowledge him before returning to the darkness once again, the pain ebbing.

Feared
    Participant

Breezepaw had never seen his mother so hurt and so upset as he was now, blue eyes adverting away from his mother’s expression, he couldn’t handle the guilt that was flooding through his chest. Goldenrose was keeping Breezepaw close to her side, her tongue continuing to rasp over his ear, even in her distress she could tell that her son also needed comfort. “Ignore them.” Goldenrose whispered in his ear, her voice wobbly, but he knew what she was referring to. He nodded gruffly and looked back up at his mother finally, her eyes were red and her cheeks were soaked from trails of tears. She didn’t know what was happening or what had happened, all she had seen was her kit laying lifeless across her mates back. “Mom… Wildpaw fell from a tree.” Breezepaw finally whispered, pressing his face into her shoulder blade, although Goldenrose didn’t really react as her green eyes flickered towards that of the medicine cat den when she noticed movement, Wolfstar was padding out of the den and his expression looked just as grave as it had when he walked through the bush. Goldenrose’s lip wobbled and she looked away from her mate, “You two shouldn’t have been anywhere near trees. Are you hurt?” She decided to ask, her son seemed a bit taken back that his mother hadn’t screeched at him but she was trying desperately to regain her composure.

Although that seemed to momentarily slip when Wolfstar pressed his flank against her own, face contorting with both pain and slight relief. “H-he’s not?” She questioned as she looked towards her mate, taking a moment before soft cries began to slip from her throat once more, leaning forward to press her face into her mates neck and drinking out his scent. She needed him right now, just like Breezepaw needed them. She could feel Breezepaw shifting beside her to lean his small head against her leg in order to keep her calm, her long tail curling around his body while Wolfstar’s tail landed on his spine. His parents would be furious with him later, for now they were grieving together. Goldenrose was almost calming down, the licks she was receiving to her ears and head were greatly calming her spirits, soft little sighs escaping her lips. “Please StarClan.. don’t take Wildpaw just yet.” She whispered into her mates neck.

Startledcrow was unaware of what was going on outside but now he could think clearly since Goldenrose had stopped her wailing. Clearing his throat he had noticed that Wildpaw would wake and then fall back under, making it rather hard for the medicine cat to distribute medicine to the young Tom. “Come on, Wildpaw. Stay awake.” He grumbled, he would love to push some herbs down the young black toms throat in order to kept stabilize his heart and his breathing. The leg was popped back into place, Startledcrow’s left paw was wound in cobwebs for Wildpaw’s wounds, which were almost completely clean. Spitting out dirt and small pebbles, he was able to clean the wound along Wildpaw’s back, placing sheet of cobweb after cobweb in order to protect the exposed flesh from the environment. Ears twitched from the sound of Wildpaw’s wobbly voice calling out for his brother. “Wildpaw?” Startledcrow asked, his muscles tending to fetch his herbs but by the time he spoke, Wildpaw was out again. “I’ve got to his his pain situated.” He grunted, moving to where he straightened out Wildpaw’s body, keeping him from curling up, stretching out his muscles while he cleaned him up and administered the cobwebs to the cuts to his head.

Wolfstar
    Participant

Where am I?

The darkness enveloped Wildpaw completely. The air was as cold as ice, stinging his skin and sending chills down his spine. His blue eyes opened only to find out there was nothing to see. Am I dead? This couldn’t have been StarClan. Would their dead ancestors truly welcome him in a cold and isolated place such as this? Wildpaw was deserted, alone and afraid. “Come on, Wildpaw. Stay awake.” A voice echoed in the stillness and whispered in his ears. But I am awake! Where did that voice come from? It sounded as if it came from the medicine cat, Startledcrow, but he wasn’t positive. 

Don’t be afraid, Wildpaw.” A different voice called behind him, and he turned around in hopes of seeing something, anything. But still, no one was there. It was a sweet voice, one that wasn’t familiar but comforting all the same. Wildpaw’s ears twitched at the sound of pawsteps stepping closer and closer to him, and he felt a warm breath of air beside his left ear. “Your body is trying to heal from the shock of the fall. Startledcrow is working to make you comfortable. This will be over soon.” Wildpaw let out a sigh of relief that this wasn’t the place he truly belonged. He couldn’t imagine staying in a world where he couldn’t see, feel, or smell anything other than the chill that settled so sharply in the air around him. “Okay,” he whispered, shakily. 

Suddenly, a faded light shone in the distance and Wildpaw narrowed his eyes to peer closer to it. He immediately noticed his right eye was not seeing the same thing his left eye was: it was completely black. To his right, the sweet voice said something again, but he couldn’t hear it well enough. Wildpaw turned his head so his left ear was facing where the strange voice was. “What did you say?” he asked, the distant light getting lighter and lighter. “Tell your mother and father I will never stop watching over you all.” 

Who are you?” Wildpaw inquired, but the dim light had gotten so bright that he was forced to shut his eyes and turn away. The air felt like a vacuum, sucking at his fur and forcing him to move in the direction of the light. Immediately, Wildpaw felt pain in his legs and head. He could feel the soft, mossy nest that enfolded him to keep him as comfortable as possible. The apprentice groaned and shifted his head, blinking open his blue eyes. One of them wasn’t as bright as the other. The only cat in the den with him was Startledcrow who was picking out some a leaf from Wildpaw’s long, tangly fur. “It hurts,” Wildpaw moaned, shutting his eyes again to block out the light that was making his migraine ever worse. 

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums WindClan WindClan Territory Rolling Moors See Through Our Eyes (Wild&Breeze)