RIP Off The Bandage (Wisteria x Koi)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RIP Off The Bandage (Wisteria x Koi)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

Pale moon light illuminating the camp, lanky limbs trotting smoothly across the dirt floor, herbal scent wafting from his pelt. Leaving the medicine cats den, again, Koipetal often found himself taking shelter from the every day hustle of clan life to check on the newly named medicine cat. A newfound joy erupting in his friendship with the gray tabby, his friends had been dwindling down recently and this was giving the tom hope.

His eyes glancing towards the direction of his mother’s den, a feline he hadn’t spoken to in quite sometime. I guess I should pay her a visit, sighing softly their relationship hadn’t been the same since the flood, his whole family seemed to be drifting apart. Nodding to himself the bicolored tom decided it was time to try and get somethings back to normal. Changing his destination to the leaders den, pausing just outside its mouth. A short exhale entering the air before he cleared his throat, “Wisteriastar, it’s me Koipetal, obviously” Her words shaking with nerves. “May I come in?” As a young apprentice Koipetal would have probably burst right into the den but now he felt hesitant, something pulling at his tail to stop him from barging in.

After hearing his mother’s approval, he pushed himself through the opening, giving his blue orbs time to adjust for lighting. His moms calico pelt now in his sight, something about her was different, as if the air around her had change too, she seemed much more like a leader than before. ” Good evening Wisteriastar, sorry for disturbing you so late.” He wasn’t sure why he was suddenly acting so formal with the cat who gave birth to him, he hated himself for acting in such a way, had he left things go too long now that simply talking to her like his mother wasn’t possible. “I noticed you’ve been cooped up in here a lot recently, perhaps if you’re feeling well we could go for a stroll, maybe bring some prey back as well?” His cranium tilting ever so slightly to the side. He knew he needed to just rip off the bandage over his emotions and allow himself to feel love for his family once more, even if this wasn’t much at least it was a start

Jetstream
    Participant

– W I S T E R I A S T A R –

The calico leader had admittedly not yet fallen asleep that night, even though it was becoming quite late. She had retired to her den fairly early in the evening, but her thoughts had been running so much that he had yet to actually tire and sleep for the night. And as it turns out, the sound of an approaching feline coming up the stones of the waterfall to her den had alerted her that she had company. The scent was very clear and familiar to her before she had even heard the voice of the cat that had come to greet her. Despite the feeling of delight that swelled within her that her son had come to spend time with her, Wisteriastar felt a sense of dread knowing that she couldn’t be completely honest with him anymore. When he asked for permission to enter, the leader heaved herself upright into a sitting position and wrapped her full tail carefully around herself, ensuring to hide her surely rounding stomach from view. Then, she granted him access to come in to her den to speak with her.

When the ginger and white tom came into view, Wisteriastar found herself smiling just at the sight of him. It really was good to see her kit again, it felt like it had been moons since she last had the opportunity to spend time with her children. The realization brought a pinging of sadness to her, knowing that she wouldn’t get to see her next litter grow up, how could she possibly have allowed herself to neglect her kits in RiverClan, regardless of her new leadership status? “Of course, Koipetal,” she mewed, getting to her paws and walking over to her son. Once she reached him, she rasped her tongue gently over his forehead, much like she would have done when he was still but a young kit. “I’d love to spend more time with you.”

Peach
    Participant

His eyes closed in a small flinch at his mother’s affection, it was something he wasn’t used to anymore, it felt odd but almost comforting in a way as well. See we can do this. “I was thinking maybe we could start a trek towards the Fishing Stones.” Sharing his plan with the calico leader before leading her out of the den. A cloud of nervousness hung over the young warrior, his head resting lower than normal, even after all this time he still tried to make himself appear smaller than he was.

Even as he was walking with Wisteriastar as his mother he still couldn’t get the idea of it through his mind and walk a few paces behind her shoulder, as most warriors would. Glad that most of the clan was in too peaceful of a slumber to bother them as they exited the camp. The sight of the foliage surrounding their home helped soothe his nerves, being out in the open not confined walls of the camo and dens bringing peace to the tom.

The first part of their stroll was filled with nothing more than the sounds of nature, Koipetal struggling to find the right words to speak to his mother. The tip of his long silky tail twitchy anxiously “Come on Koipetal think of something to say” His words nothing more than a mere whisper to himself. Claws digging slightly into the dirt with every pawstep, he had so much he wanted to share with his mom but his heart still wasn’t allowing him to speak freely just yet.

Upon hearing the light lapping of water Koipetal slowed his pace, why did he suggest such a place water definitely wasnt his strong suit. His time to falling into the rapids as an apprentice playing in his mind, water wasnt safe. “Hey Mom,” He mewed, coming to a halt trying to delay their arrival to the water, “How did you know you were in love with Brightfoot and Tunnelface?” Hoping she would stop to answer his question rather than continue to the water.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Peach.
    Jetstream
    Participant

“Sounds like a good plan,” the calico warrior replied in response to her son’s plan, following easily behind the ginger and white tom as he lead the pair out of her den and through the camp. The two of them were unbothered as they left the camp grounds and made their way towards the fishing stones. As they walked together, however, Wisteriastar noticed that her son seemed to intentionally lag behind her just a little bit, always giving her the head of the path. Admittedly, this saddened her a little bit. It seemed that after she had become leader, her connection with her kin seemed to grow more distant as opposed to closer. “Koiptel, you’re my son,” she reminded him gently, “you don’t have to put me on the same pedestal that the rest of the Clan does. I’m your mother first and a leader second when it comes to you and the rest of my kits.” After she had said this, she waited patiently for the warrior to catch up to her before they continued on their way to the fishing stones.

However, before they could actually reach the bank of the river, Koipetal had stopped a little ways back and asked her a question that caught her quite off-guard. Surprised, the RiverClan leader stopped in her tracks to look back at her son. As much as she wanted to hide the surprise from her expression, she knew that she couldn’t completely. I had no idea he was becoming of age to start taking interest in other cats romantically... She had thought to herself. As a mother to a previous litter of five, fully grown warriors, this wasn’t her first talk of the Birds and the Bees, but admittedly what was most of a surprise to her was that she hadn’t had of much time with her son to even realize that he was falling for someone. 

“Mm, well,” Wisteriastar thought aloud, moving carefully to sit on her haunches, wrapping her tail around herself before she spoke again. “When you care for someone romantically, they’re usually the first and only person at the front of your mind. They’re the one you look forward to seeing and being around every morning and they’re the last person you want to see before you go to bed at night. They make you feel safe and confident and comfortable with yourself and who you are. And when you’re with them, nothing else matters. It’s like the world belongs to the two of you and no one else.” As she spoke, she found herself smiling softly to herself as she reminisced her feelings toward her past mates, as well as the current tom that held her affections.

Peach
    Participant

A wave of relief washed over the bi-colored tom when his mother settled down, his distraction worked, silently cursing his idea to travel to the fishing stones instead of a more, well dry location. Just hearing the water lapping over itself causing a shortness in breath in the tom, feeling like he was already under the water, slowly filling his lungs. Claws digging into the ground, trying to grip himself back to reality. Koipetal you’re on land, breath, there is no water. His eyes closing as a calming voice filling his head, trying to calm him down. the tip of his tail twitching recklessly behind him, his teeth sinking into the inside of his lips, the taste of blood tingling in his mouth. The slight sting tugging his mind back into place.

Blue eyes slowly blinking open, his mother surrounded by the territories foliage allowing the tom to breath easier, they were on land, everything was fine. His ears tuning into the answer his mother was giving, he wasn’t expecting such a real answer to his answer that was merely meant to be a distraction. The advice she was giving him catching his interest, more questions on the matter poking at his brain. Settling down across from his mother, tucking his still twitching tail, under his rump. “But how can you be sure you really really loved them? I mean you had two different mates, what made you stop loving Tunnelface enough to become mates with Brightfoot?” Questions constantly falling from his muzzle. Could you love two cats at the same time? Fishtail never left his mind even from a young age, and of course there was Heronflight but Koipetal came to his own conclusion that what he felt for his mentor wasn’t the same as what he felt for Fishtail…and then there was also the pretty silver feline that constantly threatened to enter his heart. Though with this latest edition Koipetal was more hesitant, allowing thoughts of the cat to wander his mind but the door to his heart was locked, too scared to even think of the possibility of letting another in, no matter how bad he wanted to.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Peach.
    Jetstream
    Participant

The calico RiverClanner noticed her son’s particular nervousness and his anxious jittering, but she figured that it was more pertaining to the conversation they were having involving the more personal and intimate discussions of one’s love life rather than his fear of the river. She didn’t know of this yet, after all. Koipetal had never confided in her his terrors of the rapid weaving waters ever since his interaction with falling in the river as a young apprentice. Wisteriastar chose not to pinpoint any of this and instead ignored it, deciding to leave her son’s nervous tics to himself rather than to bring them to light and risk embarrassing him. 

His question caught her somewhat off-guard– it was the last thing she expected her son to ask her. None of her other kits had ever questioned her feelings towards her past mates or the livelihood of her relationships. In fact, no one really ever had, so she wasn’t quite sure on how to respond to it. “Well, first of all, I did not become mates with Brightfoot until after Tunnelface had passed.” She explained to Koipetal, “Tunnelface was an incredible tom. He was sure of his beliefs and he was an incredible warrior, one that RiverClan should honor eternally. But after he died, I didn’t quite know what to do with myself. If I’m being honest, I think a part of myself strayed toward Brightfoot to perhaps get over mourning the tom I loved,” Wisteriastar confessed, her orange eyes straying to the foliage around them instead of looking at her son head-on. “But I think that if your heart still has love to give, then moving on from someone else isn’t necessarily a bad thing.”

Peach
    Participant

Koipetals eyes fell to his paws, trying to take in all the information his mother was giving him, this was his first time even hearing his mother even mention anything about love or her love for any of her previous mates. Her answers, well clearing somethings up for him, also just made him think of more questions. Feeling a tug at his heart when she mentioned getting with Brightfoot to help her get over Tunnelfae, he never felt close to his dad, in fact he much preferred his mother predecessor and saw them as much more of a parental figure, more than liekly the one Koipetal would be having this conversation with if they were still around. “You got with Brightfoot because you were sad basically?” His ears flopping to the side as his crainum tilited, making sure he understood his mother, “Poor guy…” he added a bit more quietly. 

Taking in a deep breath, allowing his tense body to relax as he exhaled. Swallowing sharply, this was the first time Koipetal had ever he thought about mentioning his feelings, he hadnt even told his sister yet. “Wisteriastar…no Mom.” Rasing his head so he was looking solely at his mother, a soft yet new found confidence filling his blue eyes. “Mother, I loved Fishtail.” Suddenly it felt like the weight of the world had lifted from his shoulders. “I think I loved him from the moment I saw him. I know I was just a kit and I know you might say I was too young to understand what love was but…well even now hes still there. Thoughts of him constantly swim in my mind.” Tears threatening to fall the longer he spoke of Fishtail, sniffling them back. 

Before giving his mother a chance to comment on the subject Koipetal continued his confessions, knowing if he stopped now he’d wimp out on telling her the rest. “Heronflight too.” He blurted out, “Well I thought I loved Heronflight but I think now what I felt towards him was something different, seeing him so close with Forestmask, well I think that cemented that my feelings towards him were something different.” His head slowly shaking as he explained his feelings towards the grey deputy. Koipetal felt the jitters entering his paws once more, it felt much like early, like he was drowning but rather this time it wasnt water filling his lungs, this time it felt like a rock was pulling him down once more, replacing the earlier weight that had left him. 

He wanted to run away, far away from his mother and Riverclan as a whole, it felt much easier than knowing someone possible had so much hold over him. His body flopping to the ground, covering his face with his paws, trying his best to appear smaller. Koipetal wanted all the attention off of him, he wanted to disappear into the darkness behind him. Mom, Im scared, in his mind he was back to being a tiny kit, even the voice in his head taking up his kit voice. He felt his whole body curl up, tucking his tail and back legs as far underneath him as he could, his voice extremely quiet scared to actually speak them aloud, 

“I like Rainysky” 

Jetstream
    Participant

Her son’s visible disappointment in learning about her true feelings for her most recent late mate admittedly broke her heart a little bit. It hurt her to see his sadness in learning that his mother perhaps did not truly love his father as he had expected her to. But Wisteriastar never claimed to be the definition of Perfect. Yes, she was strict and yes she carried herself with a certain dignity that perhaps implied onto others an extreme sense of arrogance but she was far from that. She knew her flaws well and she held responsibility for them. However, her inner reflections were disrupted when Koipetal spoke up once more. 

She was a little surprised to hear of his immediate infatuation with their late medicine cat, Fishtail. His blue eyes were fierce as he locked eyes with her, his determination to tell his truth showing in stride as he confessed his feelings to his mother. Her heart ached for him, not only was he coming clean with his feelings towards his clanmates but he was bearing his soul to her, too. The tears that welled in his expression tugged at her to inch closer to her son as he rambled about his heartache for a love he held for Fishtail that had, quite literally, died, and an infatuation with Heronflight that wasn’t as true as the initial thought. Wisteriastar rested her chin softly on her son’s head as he poured himself out to her, giving him her quiet support as she listened to him speak, letting him get out everything he needed to while silently assuring him that he had his mother’s faith regardless of any personal doubts he had of himself. 

Koipetal’s large body slumping down and curling in on itself in what she assumed to be a mixture of fear and shame had Wisteriastar feeling incredibly distraught in a mixture of emotions of sadness and anger– how could she have let her son become grown and so meek like this? He had little to no confidence in himself and this frustrated her as a mother. She had truly failed her second litter, letting them practically raise themselves as she focused on her responsibilities in their Clan as opposed to raising her own kits as dutifully as she had the first litter she had borne. She was angry at herself, more than anything else. 

“Raise your head, Koipetal,” She murmured softly, pawing gently at his chin to urge him back upwards, “Please have more faith in yourself. You are a sweet, strong tom and you have so much love in your heart to give. I’m grateful that you feel comfortable enough with me to tell me the most vulnerable parts of yourself. Thank you for that.” Giving Koipetal a reassuring smile, she brushed her tail gently against his flank in a loving gesture, mother to son. “So, you’ve got a crush on Rainysky, huh?”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Camp RIP Off The Bandage (Wisteria x Koi)