Skip to toolbar

redemption lies plainly in truth || Hickory & Raven

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp redemption lies plainly in truth || Hickory & Raven

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jasper
    Participant

The pale sunlight bore down against the clouded winter skies, a thick layer of coldness laid to rest against the clan territories sending any shivers to those that bore its attention. The small gray and brown feline pushed his way outside of the apprentices den his mentor having pushed their way inside to wake him from the much needed slumber he was enjoying. Letting out a rather mighty yawn the tom huffed softly as he took a seat by the dens entrance his blue green hues shifting around the clearing as searched for his mentor or even yet a sign of life. The tom had begun to wonder why exactly he was woken up when he couldn’t exactly see anyone to chat with let alone know what his task was. A soft annoyed hum came from him as his ears flickered slightly. Of course there wasn’t anything to do right away… I could be sleeping a little longer before really getting up more! Letting out a soft little whine the tom shuffled his paws a frown dancing on his lips.

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w

It was early, the dawn light flickering softly into the apprentice’s den and waking up the slumbering Ravenpaw. She’d been tasked with the moon high patrol the previous night, so her early morning start wasn’t appreciated. Grunting softly, the charcoal bengal she-cat stood and arched her back, relishing the stretch as her blue eyes adjusted to the dimness. Rookpaw was snoozing gently beside her, and the young apprentice snorted at her sisters open mouth and drool. Shaking her head, she sat in her nest and groomed her pelt quickly, wondering what Cloudedmoon had in store for her this morning. Battle training? Hunting? Who knew, the pale she-cat was always surprising her apprentice. Deciding to find out herself, the she-cat pushed her way out of the den only to barrel into another object, earning them a hiss from her lips. 

She whipped around to face a friendly looking tom, fur bristling around her tail as she grumpily huffed. “Do you enjoy blocking the entrance, or are you blind?” she growled irritably, though her hostility towards her clanmate wasn’t ill, just a product of her sleepless night. Snorting, she flopped on her haunches beside him, hoping he wouldn’t open his mouth, but Ravenpaw couldn’t be that lucky. She sighed and fixed her gaze on her paws, hoping Cloudedmoon wouldn’t come over and scold her again. It wasn’t her fault that every other cat irritated her! Aside from Rookpaw, the young Molly didn’t really interact with other cats. She was abrasive and defensive, but perhaps that’s because nobody took the time to get to know her.

jasper
    Participant

The gray and brown feline had been minding his business, standing up slightly in search of his mentor his ears flickered slightly when he heard the rustling of the den behind the to, he nearly paid little to no attention up until he heard the rather harsh tone coming from the molly. Huffing softly he’s ears flickered slightly unsure how to exactly respond without coming off just as harsh. “I wasn’t trying to block the entrance, I thought I was a little bit away from it its hard telling when the suns barely up.” He grumbled softly scooting over for the molly before he crouched down a bit. His blue green hues shifted over to the molly as he studied the rather grumpy feline. He didn’t really pay much mind to the others slight attitude if anything it barely phased him. He made it a goal to not really take things so seriously granted sometimes it did take a toll on him.

Letting out a soft sigh the tom let his claws work its way in the frozen ground his fur fluffing up as he gave a little yawn slightly his gaze shifting toward the clearings middle his ears lazily flicking as he frowned a little, “I really don’t know whats the point in waking us up so early if they’re no where to be found..” He grumbled before he bounced back up slightly, “Did your mentor tell you what you were doing today?” He asked softly tilting his head to the side curiously.

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w

His excuse didn’t make it into the ears of the charcoal bengal, intentionally ignoring him so she didn’t have to hear him speak. She didn’t dislike him, but it was more a protective thing for her. If she didn’t engage with another feline, then they would most likely reciprocate. Being alone didn’t bother Ravenpaw, but if she was being honest, being with someone didn’t either. His words snapped her out of her own world, pale blue gaze shifting as she fixed him with her stare, head tilting slightly. “No, Cloudedmoon certainly has a way with surprises,” she responded evenly, trying not to sound too hostile.

There, wasn’t so hard was it? she thought idly, trying her best to be neutral. Lack of sleep wasn’t an excuse to lose her manners. She wasn’t normally this touchy, and it would take a bit of work to make her feel normal again for the rest of the day. Of course, apologizing for her rude tone was out of the question. She watched the tom, sniffing her black nose as she scented for her mentor, but of course she wasn’t anywhere near them. “Do you have any idea what you’re doing today?” she inquired, tail tip twitching softly.

jasper
    Participant

Sensing the mollys rather hostile tone/ appearance he gave a small scowl rather confused to such a hostile matter so early in the morning. Letting out a little huff he shrugged it off as he shifted his gaze elsewhere. He wasn’t sure what he could do to change the mollys mood towards him but he certainly was going to try his absolute best. To him the other molly seemed rather interesting not like others he has seen in the past. Letting out a soft snort he nodded slowly, “I’m not sure why mentors are just so good at that, don’t you think…?” He questioned before he let his bluegreen hues do a little roll, “Unfortunately I’m in the same boat, Snappingfox never said anything this morning when he woke me up, let alone anything last night. And it appears he’s really no where to be seen…” he mused softly before he lowered slightly to the ground his ears flickering slightly before he sent his gaze over to the other rather curiously.

Clicking his tongue slightly her let out a shaky breath, “Perhaps they’ll have us do something together like last time…? Maybe hunt or something of that nature…? I’m sure they’ll hopefully pop up and tell us…” He grumbled softly, he was sure the other wasn’t even listening to him but he honestly didn’t care much still rattling on like he normally did before he quieted up quite a bit his gaze resting on the other as he let his thoughts wonder out. I wonder what she’s thinking…? Hopefully I’m not getting under her fur too much…. Lets see what she says? He wondered as he mindlessly chewed on his innercheek his tail slightly twitching.

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w

The cold, charcoal bengal nodded at his words, wondering on her own. Cloudedmoon tended to get distracted, so Ravenpaw was no stranger to spending the day by herself or with another mentor and apprentice pair. If her mentor hadn’t come to get her yet, she probably wasn’t going to. How does she not get in trouble for abandoning me all the time? she wondered with a soft groan, rolling her blue eyes.

Rising to her paws, she sauntered over to stand in front of Hickorypaw, nodding toward the camp entrance. “I doubt they’ll come to get us, they’re probably on patrol or something,” she mewed, flicking her black-tipped tail. She almost blended in with the shadows behind her, the only thing standing out was her icy blue irises. “Maybe we can go hunt or patrol on our own. I need to practice my battle moves, not to mention hunting birds.” 

She nodded to the camp entrance, fixing him with her intense stare. “Well, what do you say?” she mewed after a few moments of silence, her paws now kneading the ground impatiently. If he wasn’t going to accompany her, she’d just go out on her own.

jasper
    Participant

Ears flickering as he listened to the molly chatter slowly nodding as he agreed with the feline, now that he thought about it the tom had realized that it was more common to not see his mentor as they had gone off doing things they normally did when not dealing with an apprentice. He didn’t mind though, when he wasn’t with his mentors or peers he spent his free time exploring the territory finding new things as he done so. “I’m  sure you’re right about that fact, I don’t mind!! Which would you like to do first though?” He asked softly as he pushed himself up from his current position padding after her towards the entrance. He was glad that the molly had offered for him to come along. If he was honest with himself he would have been sad that the other had went off alone. I’m not sure why but I really want to get to know them! Hopefully they don’t mind… He thought to himself as he shuffled his paws a large wave of nervousness washed over him as he hummed.

“If you need time to think what you wanna do first we can head out to the territory and give you some time to think on it? I’m honestly okay with whatever you like!” He chirped softly as he motioned for the other to lead the way.

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w

His blind optimism would normally make the apprentice cringe, but as she grew older she lost her angsty attitude and became more neutral than anything. Instead of snapping at other cats, she found herself ignoring their stupidity. Emotionless was better than mean, right? Some may call her that, but she preferred the term realist. “I’m not sure, I’m okay with anything. Is there anything you need to practice?” she inquired in her quiet tone, matching Hickorypaw step-for-step as the slipped out of camp and into the pine forest. She easily weaved around the forest, leaping over a fallen log and easily crossing a small, frozen stream.

Despite her attitude, Ravenpaw took her training rather seriously. Impressing Cloudedmoon was the first step to her warrior name, and even though she was a bit icy, she enjoyed training and the time she spent with her clanmates. Perhaps trying to make friends wouldn’t be so bad? As a kitten Ravenpaw didn’t talk to any cat, and her first moons as an apprentice had slowly thawed the ice around her heart. She may still be a bit stony and proud, but joking had entered her conversations, as well as laughter. Holding a grudge against her own parents did nothing for her life, she was slowly learning that. “Sorry,” she muttered suddenly, stopping and facing the young tom. “I-I wanna make friends, I’m just… I don’t know,” she trailed off, pelt burning with shame. How embarrassing to not even know what to say! He’d think she was a mousebrain.

jasper
    Participant
    Hickorypaw; apprentice of shadowclan

The gray and brown feline hummed softly as he thought over the last time he went out training and what was said that he needed to work on. Shifting through his thoughts he let his blue-green hues shifting over to saucy molly before he whisked his tail slightly “We could hunt for a bit….? And if we have time we could do some battle training to finish up…? I can’t think of anything in particular to work on without some form of guidance from my mentor where ever he is…” He rambled on softly hoping he wasn’t bothering the feline too much with his talking. He had a rather bad habit when it came to talking a lot when he’s around someone he deemed as a comfortable person to be around. Which was something he saw in the molly having spent quite a bit of time doing training and hunting trips in the past. He tend to put the felines coldness aside figuring that it was something she does, occasionally the things she’d say or do would hurt his feelings a bit or made him angry but he wasn’t going to let it be how he thought of them. Perhaps they were just  misunderstood or something had happened for them to act the way they did, unsure he felt it wasn’t something he could question the feline about either.

When the molly had stopped in her tracks and faced the tom it threw him off guard, curiously he tilt his head to the side as he started at the molly. What was the meaning of this…? Was she feeling alright..?  He thought to himself as concern flashed before his eyes. With the words tumbling out of the others maw he was completely taken back by it and he couldn’t help but feel bad for the feline. Smiling warmly Hickorypaw dipped his head towards the other, “I thought we were already friends? With as much time we’ve spent together in the past I would have thought there was some friendship there” he softly joked before growing serious as he took a quick seat his tail wrapping over his paws as his hues rested on the embarrassed molly. “Honestly Ravenpaw I get what you bean about not knowing how to make friends and stuff and its completely okay! Its hard finding some that just meshes with your personality you know? Nothing to be embarrassed and ashamed”  he softly meowed before shuffling his paws he just hoped that the other would receive his message well and wouldn’t take offense to what he just said.

snow
    Participant

r a v e n p a w

She flicked an ear, slightly uncomfortable by his accepting nature. It was odd for cats to just nod and agree, though should the aggressive she-cat be thankful for his submissive nature? Most of the time she had to fight to be noticed or even praised, now it was simply being handed to her. The charcoal bengal trotted on, black nose twitching lightly as she thought momentarily. “Well, I’ll consider you a friend then,” she mewed, though there was a roughness to it. She was ambitious and fearless, though struggled to understand how relationships worked.

Suddenly, a pecking sound made her ears perk as she glanced to and fro, a small sparrow hopping about the roots of a gnarled oak tree. She twitched her tail tip to warn her companion before crouching low, paws sliding silently over the earth as she stalked her prey. In a moment, she bunched her muscles and leapt, snagging the bird with a claw and pulling it down. She bit in quickly, killing it immediately before she dropped it beneath the roots, kicking dirt over it. “Sparrow,” she told him, though Hickorypaw could obviously see it. Clearly, the molly wasn’t used to making small talk. “Sorry I guess that was obvious,” she muttered, shuffling her paws awkwardly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp redemption lies plainly in truth || Hickory & Raven