Peaceful Day (Vine&Storm) [CLOSED]

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Willow Grove Peaceful Day (Vine&Storm) [CLOSED]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

It was the day after Vinetalon had received her warrior name, and it was the first time she had been out on her own since. After a long morning sleep to recover from guarding the camp all night, her paws itched to be out in the territories where she felt more at home than the clearing they lived in. The ground was springy underpaw, and it helped the gray-toned she-cat to move faster, her muscles loosening. The sound of the river’s swishing current was getting softer and softer the farther she ventured into the Willow Grove. The water slowed to a bubbling stream, swerving around the willow trees that stood majestically on both sides of the banks. Their long branches draped over their ancient trunks, forming a curtain of yellow-green leaves. A soft breeze whistled its way through the branches, forcing them to sway along with it until they settled back to stillness. Vinetalon closed her eyes and breathed in the scents of the nature around her. 

The aroma was subtle. The water, moss, and reed plants gave off a fresh scent, mingling with the lavender bushes sporadically spotting around her. The Willow Grove was not a place for prey. Despite the curtained leaves the willow trees provided, they were easily maneuvered by the wind, revealing what hid behind them. It was rare Vinetalon padded into the territories without the intent of hunting, fishing, or practicing battle moves, but she decided to take the day off and think over what kind of warrior she would be. 

A strong one. A loyal one. An alert one. The she-cat hoped StarClan had big plans for her, not wanting to be just another warrior. What was the point of fighting for something, but no one remembered your name after you were gone? Vinetalon opened her eyes and padded towards the closest willow tree, pushing her way through the branches and sitting beside the large trunk. The brown bark was dark against her gray-toned coat. Her whole pelt was a lighter shade of gray that resembled the pebbles in the river. However, streaks and splotches of darker grays coated her back, tail, and head, but her ears and paws were white as if dipped in snow. Her green eyes were the same color as the willow leaves that surrounded her. She was a beautiful cat, until one looked at the long scar that raked across her face. Thankfully, it was fully healed and wasn’t as gory-looking as it was before when it was fresh. 

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride ~ RiverClan Warrior

Pupils narrowed in the murk of the water, rushing water cried softly in his ears as he gently waded in the shallow pools of the river, more of a creek. However, he enjoyed the coolness of the mountain water as it leaked through his thick dark grey-brown and white pelt. The days were growing warmer and warmer, causing him over heat. Although the river was always a lovely escape, even if the water was still a bit too cold for an evening dip, he laid himself flat against the creek bottom as the cold water rushed over his form. Stormstride was holding his breath for as long as he possibly could, ears pressed back against his large cranium. Toes pressed down into smooth pebbles that covered the bottom of the creek, smirking slightly as he could feel the familiar sting of his lungs craving a fresh breath of air. Grunting slightly, he pushed himself upright to where his head broke the surface of the water, a small puff of air being released from his dark pink nostrils as drops of water were pushed out of his nose before he breathed in deeply. His lungs rejoicing with the sweet taste of oxygen before he blinked the water out his gaze before turning his chin to look around to gaze around his surroundings, ears suddenly perking upright as he spotted a familiar mottled grey pelt. 

Grinning faintly for a moment as he shifted slightly to where he lazily scooted himself over the bottom of the creek, his belly fur brushing against the pebbles as he edged closer to the bank. “I was wondering when you were gonna come see me.” Stormstride teased, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he gazed towards the beautiful feline. “Wasn’t sure if you still had a use for me or not, Vinetalon.” He grinned, while also giving her a playful wink before he rested his chin on top of the bank while his muddled yellow and green colored gaze eyed her curiously. He had always thought Vinetalon was rather beautiful, and the best part was that she didn’t even realize just how beautiful she was, the number of tomcats that were pining after her. She didn’t even realize the feelings he held for her, although he chose to keep his feelings silent. His fur was completely soaked and flattened against his body, expressing how muscular he really was, without the usual fluff of his thick pelt. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon’s eyes remained close as she focused on the sounds around her, feeling calm and content. However, the sound of swishing water forced her to snap her eyes open and be alert, her ears pricked up to try to catch the sound once more. Instead, a familiar, deep voice boomed from below her. Stormstride. The she-cat turned her head to the direction of the tom who was still in the cold water, his chin propped up on the bank of the river. She felt like his yellow eyes could bore into her soul, and she felt frozen for a few moments. Even though she had spent a lot of time training and conversing with him, why was she still finding it hard to talk, or even breathe, around him? Vinetalon cleared her throat and shook herself out of it, giving him a large smirk. “Now that I’m a warrior, maybe can teach you a few things, Stormstride.” His name slid off her tongue so easily.

Vinetalon stood up and had her white paws take her closer to where he was. Because the current was so slow here, his gray, brown, and white fur clung to his body instead of swirling around, and she was able to perfectly see his build. She knew he was muscular because they had several training sessions, and his strength was hard to beat. But seeing it was different… What would Burtnsage say of me? she asked herself, knowing her sister would tease her till no end if she found her staring at a tomcat’s muscles. The gray she-cat looked at his face instead, sitting down on her haunches at the edge of the bank. “I saw you at mine and Burtnsage’s ceremony,” she said, a small smile lacing her lips. “What do you think of my new name? Is it fitting?

As Vinetalon waited for her answer, her right paw was pushing a set of stones along the ground, looking as if she felt normal being so close to Stormstride. It was all in her head, and she knew it. He was just like any other Clanmate, wasn’t he?

Feared
    Participant

He snorted lightly when Vinetalon mentioned that perhaps he could learn something from her, but he kept his mouth shut as he watched as the young feline pushed herself up from the ground as she began to walk towards him. “Hmmm. Perhaps that wouldn’t be such a bad idea.” Stormstride snickered, he was used to teasing her, although where at first she had been so easy to tease and her reactions had been amusing but she was slowly becoming immune to his teases. Which was also amusing, she couldn’t tell when he was being serious and when he wasn’t. His tail waved lazily behind him within the water, his chin still resting upon the bank before he slowly raised his head up to look at the beautiful feline as she sat down. Yellow and green muddled eyes flashing upright towards the molly with amusement as she sat down with so much ease. 

As she questioned him, ears leaning towards her for a moment before he found himself smiling. She had noticed me. He thought pleasantly to himself before his pale lips parted once more. “Vinetalon. I certainly do think your new name suits you, you’ve worked hard to earn it.” He purred, the sound rough and deep, perhaps it was because he was submerged in the water that it sounded odd, but he didn’t care. He stared up at her face as she seemed unsure all of a sudden, causing him to lean forwards as he gently pressed his muzzle against her leg that was playing with pebbles. “Do you think it’s fitting?” He questioned as he looked up at her, whiskers twitching. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon smiled at his response, her chest puffing up just slightly with pride that he found her name fitting to her. She did work hard to earn it. She trained not only with Creekfrost, but with the tom in front of her when she found the chance to sneak away. Stormstride helped her earn this name, and she knew she would forever be grateful to him for that. Her green eyes went soft as she looked into his eyes. “Yes,” she whispered, her eyes never wavering from his. The instant touch of his nose to her paw made the butterflies in her belly soar, making her speechless. Maybe, just maybe, her thoughts and feelings toward him weren’t crazy after all. Was she infatuated with him? Or was she just impressed with his skills and smooth personality? Either way, she couldn’t keep ignoring her fondness of him any longer, even if there was a possibility Burntsage would tease her for it. 

Suddenly, she stood up and started to pace along the side of the bank, her expression turning to determination. Vinetalon kept her narrowed eyes ahead as she walked, not wanting to meet his gaze again or she would scare herself out of what she had to say. “Alright, Stormstride, I think we need to talk.” Her chest tightened with anxiety, but she knew she had to say something about this. What she didn’t expect was her sudden rambling. “Are you…Are you playing with me? Like… are you just being you when you talk to me or is there something else going on here, because I don’t know if I’m reading too much into things or if you…feel something… for me. I don’t know how to react or respond to you without wanting to vomit, and I’m not like that with anyone else. So, please, save me from my confusion and misery and tell me if you’re playing a game or not.” 

The beautiful she-cat stopped talking and pacing, gathering the courage to look at him to see if he was scared and left, or if he answered. She hoped it was the latter, but maybe she had only wanted to think he liked her and it was all in her head. She sent a silent prayer to StarClan it wasn’t just in her head. 

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride noticed the way that Vinetalon was looking down at him, but honestly he wasn’t reading too much into it as a charming grin soon found its way onto his lips for a moment before he noticed that Vinetalon seemed to be rather confused. Her beautiful face contorting with unease as she suddenly stood back from him, having to force himself not to lower his ears out of panic. Had he done something wrong? He held his head carefully, water dripping from his whiskers as he watched her pace back and forth along the bank of the creek, shifting slightly to where he was laying upright just a bit as his yellow and green colored gaze watched her carefully. Slowly he ran his tongue over his teeth in thought as Vinetalon began to rant, pupils narrowing in thought as he watched her curiously for a brief moment before he pushed himself into a standing position, the pebbles pushing back against his paws as he did so. Water was rushing off of his pelt as he stood up, his dark brown-grey and white pelt sticking to his skin as it was plastered back from the water, his belly fur dripping water as he stepped out of the creek and moved towards Vinetalon carefully.

She appeared as though she were in flight or fight mode, her face confused and horrified all the same as if she was uncertain about his answer. Slowly he stopped before her, he was a few inches taller than the lovely she-cat, chin tilting for a moment before an airy breath slipped from his parting lips. “You really have no idea..?” He asked with a soft half grin, leaning towards her as he pressed his nose against her own. “I’ve been in love with you for moons.” Stormstride purred as he confessed his feelings without fear, the young molly had wanted to know and so he would tell her. He wasn’t above telling the truth with ease. Slowly he pulled his head back from hers, his eyes warm as he continued to speak. “However, if you don’t return my feelings. That’s okay.” He reassured her, but his voice was warm as he watched Vinetalon. She certainly was a beauty through and through, and she didn’t even know it.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Feared.
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon’s chest stayed tight as she stared at the brown-and-white tom, her green eyes locking with his yellow. She craved to know what he thought, and she didn’t care if she sounded like a mouse-brain from her rant. She wasn’t the most graceful at it, but she had needed to know exactly what was going on in his head and that was the best way she could come up with to ask about it. The gray-toned she-cat was skilled in many things, but communicating about feelings wasn’t exactly one of them. She unsheathed her claws and dug them into the ground as Stormstride glided towards her, his eyes soft, but still unreadable. What is he thinking? She uncomfortably looked down at her paws, her ear tips burning. But then his nose gently collided with hers, and his soothing, deep voice filled her ears and calmed her. 

I’ve been in love with you for moons.

Love? That was a strong feeling. She wanted to scoff with disbelief and demand he tell her why he was playing such games with her. However, when Stormstride meowed those words close to her face, and his eyes weren’t glimmering with amusement as they usually did, she understood he was serious. Vinetalon thought the only cat in this world she truly loved was her sister, Burntsage, but during the past few moons she had hardly been with her sister at all. This tom was constantly on her mind and she was always drawn to his side as if they were made of magnets. Every time he spoke, a purr rumbled in her chest and a smile laced her lips. But was that love, or infatuation? Vinetalon stepped forward to press against his side. This was the first time they had been this close other than training, and that was a different touch. This time, it was caring and special. Her heart leapt, and it finalized her feelings immediately. “No, no… I return your feelings,” she whispered, finding his tail with hers and twining them together. “I love you too. I didn’t really know it at first, but now I do. I thought you just liked me.

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride could easily read Vinetalon, her expression was so muddled with anxiety and uncertainty as she looked up at him and then looked away, before he had of course pressed his nose against her own. An amused expression crossed over his handsome face as her facial expression became slack when he confessed his deepest feelings for the she-cat, chin tilting slightly as he watched her take in what he had told her. Muddled yellow and green colored eyes flickered around her face as he felt silent anxiety claw at his chest as he couldn’t exactly read what was going through her mind, what he had said surely had been a curb-ball for her. Perhaps he should have kept his mouth shut and simply lied or perhaps he should have read the situation better. “A….” He started to speak, wanting to call both her mind and nerves. However, what she did next completely surprised him and caused him to go silent. 

Vinetalon was pressed up against his side, despite the fact that his pelt was soaked through with cold creek water, she clearly didn’t care. Ears lowered slightly as he looks down at Vinetalon as she confessed that she in turn did have feelings for him. A soft purr tickled at the back of his chest, the sound deep and rough as he lowered his head to rasp his tongue over her small ears. “Of course, I liked you. But overtime my feelings started to deepen.” He whispered softly, fur standing up slightly along his spine as he could feel the tingle of her tail roaming around his back. Tail lifting as he twined his tail with her own, effectively pulling her closer to his side as he lowered his big head and gently pressed his nose against the top of her head. Breathing in her scent for a moment before he lifted his head and peered down at her curiously. “Are you sure…? I don’t want to be pushing you if you aren’t ready with your feelings.” He meowed softly, while his pupils narrowed slightly as he watched her curiously. 

Stormstride was positively thrilled that she held the same feelings for him, although he felt hesitant that perhaps he had pushed her thoughts in this direction but he tried not to dwell on it for too long. 

Wolfstar
    Participant

Vinetalon looked ahead of them and took a pause to collect her thoughts. She could tell he was hesitant in letting himself fully relax even after her telling him she returned those feelings. A huge part of her wanted to console him and tell him he had nothing to worry about, but there was that tiny voice in her mind telling her to slow it down. She had just become a warrior, and hadn’t had the chance to prove herself worthy. Yes, she completed a warrior assessment, but most, if not all, apprentices did. She wasn’t any special when it came to that. Vinetalon focused on the feeling of their tails entwined and their coats pressed against each others. The left side of her gray pelt was getting soaked from his, and it turned chilly whenever a breeze passed by, but her feelings and his presence warmed her from her ear tips to the end of her tail. She didn’t want this to go away. 

I’m positive I love you,” she meowed, turning her head slightly so she could look him in his eyes, her expression caring. “I promise. But I don’t want to move too fast. I feel like I have so much more to prove, and I don’t want to be distracted. I… I still don’t know if I want kits any time soon or…ever.” Her ears flattened to the back of her head as she said that, hoping she didn’t scare him away for even mentioning kits. Vinetalon could almost shudder at the thought of caring for little ones in the nursery at her age. Several she-cats did just that, but she didn’t want to be stuck in camp for six moons and be unable to help the Clan if needed. She looked down at her paws. “I hope you’re not angry with me.

The RiverClan warrior was positive she wanted Strormstride at her side for as long as she lived. She wanted to go on adventures with him, experience things with him. She wanted to continue striving to be the best warrior she could be with him right along beside her. But did he want that? Or did he want her to care for his kits? 

Feared
    Participant

Stormstride was relieved when Vinetalon promised that she did understand her feelings and felt that she needed to reassure him. A small smile began to find its way along his pale lips while his paper-thin ears stood upright and forward in order to hear her better. Of course, he wasn’t surprised that Vinetalon didn’t want to move too quickly into this relationship, they both needed time to adjust. Not only that, but the thought of kittens hadn’t even crossed his mind during all of this, a sheepish smile appeared on his face for a brief moment. Was he father material..? His father had never really been there and his mother wasn’t the greatest role model to go off of. Clearing his throat he looked down at the shorter molly and gave her a smile. “I don’t think you have to worry too much about that. I’m not exactly sure I’m ‘father’ material.” He reassured her, feeling slightly silly that he hadn’t thought of that when he confessed to her. Kits were not on his mind.

Shifting slightly, he did give her a concerned look as though warning. “But we will have to be careful to make sure a surprise litter doesn’t happen.” He explained, lowering himself into a sitting position while his tail slipped slightly from its hold within Vinetalon’s tail, he still pressed close to her side. “I know you are young, you still feel like you have much to prove to your clan mates. I’m not angry with you. I don’t blame you.” Stormstride reassured her, licking her ears as a sign of his reassurance. Stormstride really didn’t care what the clan thought of him, he usually did his own thing, which ended up helping the clan out as well. He fought and hunted in their name and that seemed to be good enough.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory Willow Grove Peaceful Day (Vine&Storm) [CLOSED]