Skip to toolbar

Omens Unspoken – Wasp / Hare – CLOSED

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den Omens Unspoken – Wasp / Hare – CLOSED

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

The walk back to camp was a far-cry from their trip out to the medicine meeting. Unlike before, Hareflight was dead silent, her mind in a whirl as she watched her young apprentice. Clearly he had seen something. It must have been from StarClan – no one else could reach them through the Mooncave as far as she knew – but she had never seen them react that way, nor had she ever heard stories of such a thing from Saplingskies. What could it have been? And that liquid.. It had stung her paws and it smelled foul, but she had no other clues to what it could be. She had never seen anything like it. Was it a sign of some sort of sickness? Or was there some effect on Wasppaw form the Mooncave due to his spiritual sensitivity? But why would StarClan have done such a thing, and to a young apprentice? Nothing made sense.

Hareflight kept a close eye on Wasppaw as she tried to piece things together in his mind. He seemed… okay now. She wouldn’t say he seemed well and she certainly didn’t expect him to be well after what he had experienced. More than anything, she wished she could have taken that experience instead. His first trip to the Mooncave and that had happened… It had to be traumatizing for the calico tom. She couldn’t imagine how she would have felt if such a thing had happened to her. Guilt turned over in her stomach. She knew that it was only right he went, but she still felt somewhat responsible. That was her apprentice, a cat who had become like a son to her in some ways, and yet she’d had no way to protect him. It was cruel and unfair.

She hesitated as they reached their den, the entrance illuminated by the moon, which was beginning to descend by now. She gestured for Wasppaw to go first and took a moment to still the shaking in her paws. Once she felt calm enough to have the conversation she knew was necessary, she followed him in.

I-I’m sure you’re ready to just go to sleep, and I can’t blame you. I’m sorry, W-Wasppaw. That never should h-have happened to you. B-But before you sleep, we need to-to talk. And I n-need you to tell me what you saw. It had to have b-been a message from StarClan, which m-means we should talk with Smokestar. B-but, I need to know what happened first.” She hesitated, taking a breath. “And- And then, we can talk to her. You can c-come with me and tell her yourself if you want, o-or you can rest and I can talk to her.” She shuffled her paws, ears folding back as guilt ate away in her stomach. Sighing, she set aside her rushing thoughts, and turned her gaze upon him again. “W-What happened, Wasppaw?

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

He was exhausted.

The journey back home to ShadowClan was honestly a blur for him. His eyes were bleary from tiredness and his feet didn’t feel entirely stable underneath him. He was grateful for Hareflight’s support, as she basically carried him home by letting him lean on her shoulder the entire way back. In any other situation, he may have found it somewhat humorous. Like he were still being carried like a kit by his mother. But he didn’t have the energy to laugh right now. His throat still hurt and his eyes still stung. His body felt heavy and his paws seemed too slow for his own liking. But what was bothering him didn’t seem like any kind of typical illness or wound that his mentor had passed by him before. He had a fairly good memory, almost too good, and he couldn’t recall any symptoms that made sense of the blight that he had developed.

And suddenly, he was settled back in his nest in the medicine cat den. How he got here was a mystery to him but he assumed that Hareflight had gotten him back home and to his bedding safely. He would have to thank her properly for that later, after he had spoken with her about tonight’s occurrence. And as he thought, once he was mentally sentient, she was questioning him about what had happened at the mooncave. Guilt panged him a little bit. She must have been worried out of her mind and he felt awful for causing her this pain. He added a proper apology to her on his list of things to say after this talk as well. 

“I was being swallowed by this black liquid I have never seen before,” he told her, “but I didn’t hear or see anything while I was in that space. No StarClan warriors, no ghosts…” Wasppaw paused, his brows furrowing in confusion. That alone was odd to him, as he had always seen spirits. But then and even now… They were silent and they were physically absent. He didn’t see anyone lingering in the den with him and his mentor like he usually did. He frowned. “I… Drowned in that liquid and then I woke up. I don’t know anything else, I’m sorry.”

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

『 H A R E F L I G H T 』

Hareflight settled herself down in front of her apprentice as he began to speak. Unfortunately, she had just as little idea what that could mean as Wasppaw did. She’d always been terrible at understanding StarClan’s stupid messages. Even so, why would they have sent such a terrible one to more than one brand new apprentices? It just didn’t make sense and Hareflight was angry about it. She almost wished they’d come visit her so she could give them a piece of her mind. Steadying herself with a deep breath, she shook her head. “I-I don’t know, Wasppaw. I don’t know what it means. I wish I did.” As he apologized, her eyes widened slightly and she adamantly shook her head to that. “Hey, listen u-up. Do not a-apologize for that. I’m an e-experienced medicine cat and I don’t kn-know what it means.” She frowned, standing to move close in front of him, running her tongue over his forehead. “You’re s-still young. I know y-you feel mature and you f-feel like you have a great responsibility to your C-Clan, but I’m n-not expecting you to know everything, Wasppaw. Y-You’ve just been through something traumatic. P-Please don’t worry about disappointing me or anyone else. We’ll f-figure this out. Together. But.. I need you to get well.” She paused for a moment, thinking. “I-If you want to come with me to talk t-to Smokestar, we’ll go tomorrow. I-If you feel up to it… I think it would be best since you e-experienced StarClan’s…. message. You just let me know.” 

Hareflight settled down beside Wasppaw, her fur pressed up against his. “A-As for tonight, I’ll give you some poppy seeds for the shock and to help you sleep. If y-you’d like to, you can go sleep in the apprentice den with your siblings. Of course,” she added quickly, “you don’t have to. I-I just… I used to d-do that as an apprentice. I know h-how lonely it c-can get, going from being with your siblings a-all the time to barely seeing them at all.” She pressed her lips together, bumping her head gently against his. “I-I’m not the same as you, Wasppaw, but I’ve been through your position. I-I know what it’s like to be a medicine cat apprentice and t-to feel lonely and isolated and as-as if the world rests on your shoulders. B-But I’m here for you and you don’t have to- to be alone. You’ve still g-got your siblings, you’ve got S-Saplingskies, and you’ve s-still got me. It’ll be okay. I-I promise.” 

Tori
    Participant

– W A S P – 

His heart plummeted when Hareflight told him that she didn’t know what it meant. It wasn’t like he expected her to be all-knowing, after all, even medicine cats had their limits but he would be lying if he didn’t hope that she would be able to get more than he did out of his vision, even if she didn’t experience it herself. However, the reassuring gesture of her brushing over his forehead helped soothe his worries somewhat. He took a breath and looked back up at her as she spoke. Her understanding and encouragement really did milestones in making the young tom feel less responsible for needing to know everything behind the vision their ancestors had sent him. He smiled gently, nodding as his mentor settled next to him. “I can go with you to talk with Smokestar, I think you’re right that she hear my vision from me.”

Her kindness did more for him than anything at the moment. He really appreciated having her here for him but her mention of his siblings did cause a bit of a pull in the young tom’s heart. Having them here with him during this difficult time would be wonderful, he thought. His mentor’s notice of his loneliness and the fact that she took the time to remind him of his family really helped soothe the apprentice. “I’d like that,” he replied, leaning his weight against hers, “Thank you, Hareflight.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp ShadowClan Medicine Den Omens Unspoken – Wasp / Hare – CLOSED