New-Leaf Stroll

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Sunlit Clearing New-Leaf Stroll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost ~ SkyClan Warrior

Nimble black paws bent the growing green grass near the stall as the feline made his way though the small field, pupils narrowing into slits as he gazed around his surroundings. The clouds were heavy within the sky and a pale grey, indicating that a light drizzle could possibly be heading their way but now the scent of rain did not touch his scent glands. Instead the steady buzz from the small black and yellow bumble bees filled the air as the wee insects were finally out and about due to the warmer weather. Their little bodies floating from flower to flower, essentially weeds but pollen was pollen no less to them. Nostrils flared as he breathed in deeply, the scent of fresh grass and the sweet perfume of the field flowers were beginning to overtake the New-Leaf season within this part of the territory. Most of the birch trees were beginning to bid with new leaves to grace their naked limbs.

Although, his prize for today wasn’t necessarily to hunt, but morally to just enjoy a few hours without Rookfall and Firestar breathing down his neck in order to participate in the many patrols that were taking place. His dark black fur was beginning to collect the heat from the warmer day, but he didn’t complain, better than being cold. Pale grey stripes decorated his front left leg to the knee, and his hind right leg all the way to the tip of his tail. Honey yellow golden eyes flickered to and fro as he gazed to try and possibly spot a rabbit or two. Although he couldn’t exactly see any long ears throughout the grass, grunting slightly as he listened to the songs of the evening birds as they danced low in the sky, however he didn’t bother looking their way as he weaved his way through the field, humming.

Pheebs
    Participant

Moonberry loved her kits, how could she not? They were downright angelic, with their big gleaming eyes and their adorable little faces. Nevertheless, the bicolor molly was relieved to be out of the Nursery for the first time in at least two moons. Shoulders slumping with exhaustion, the chubby molly wandered through Skyclan territory, taking in the sights and the smells. Humming an uncertain tune, paws brushing against the grass and kicking up little bits of dust, Moon couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. Sure, she’d disappeared for a few sunrises many moons back, which was when she’d met Stripes, but it had only been to see what was out beyond Skyclan. Now she could safely say that she loved her clan, loved her forests, and wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. 

The queen’s nose twitched as a gentle breeze caught and carried Waspfrost’s scent to her. Smiling, the plump she-cat made her way towards the tom. “Hunting?” Moonberry asked cheerfully, two-tone eyes squinting when she smiled. It was a well known fact that the former warrior had been one of Skyclan’s best hunters, able to track a scent from distances farther than average and, even with her chubby self, quick enough to catch any rabbit. It was a good thing her kits came in spring, when prey was plentiful and practically running to your paws.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Pheebs.
    Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost had been stuck in his own little world, unknowing that a clan mate was walking towards him. Only when he heard the faintest crunch of grass under a paw did he notice that he was no longer alone, chin tilting slightly for his honey gaze to land upon the Queen. Moonberry was her name, an odd looking she-cat with her two different colored eyes, but they gave her a certain charm that very few held. “Not really.” He drawled out in a lazy fashion, pausing in his walk to allow the she-cat to reach him. She was a little bit on the heavier side but what could one expect with kittens? She not only carried them but she was still nursing the wee kits and therefore it did cause a few pounds to stay, but as soon as she was able to get back into her warrior routine he had little doubt she would loose her baby chub. “Just felt like getting away from the hustle of camp.” He explained before she could ask, morally he meant Rookfall and Firestar but he didn’t necessarily know the molly enough to be frank.

Shifting slightly, his long tail waved over the growing grass of the field, enjoying the slight tickle that he received. “How’re you, Moonberry?” Waspfrost decided to ask, a quiver of his whiskers the only indication that he wished to continue walking. “Kitten duty got you bummed out?” He asked with a quirk of his eyebrow, kittens weren’t necessarily his favorite company. They were loud, messy, and always getting into trouble. Not this toms cup of tea. Slowly he licked his dark black lips before he began to walk slowly, allowing the molly to walk beside of him while his yellow eyes roamed around the meadow.

Pheebs
    Participant

“Ah, so just wandering around,” Moonberry grinned, “I’ll join you if you don’t mind.” Putting more bounce into her step, the queen’s expression softened as she listened to the other’s questions. Chuckling, the predominantly white furred queen shook her head, “I could never be bummed out by my little ones. Silentkit has this certain quietness to him, and Emberkit is just so lovely. Crowkit could use a bit of taming,” Moon added, frowning slightly as she thought of her middle child. Crowkit was a messy furred kit, all black with brilliant yellow eyes similar to the molly’s right eye. “He just plays too rough…” She murmured before pulling herself out of her thoughts in time to catch up to Waspfrost, taking longer strides to make up for her slow pace.

“I just needed a breather, I can only take so much before I’m dying to see the sky and the trees again.” Anyone who met Moonberry, even before her pregnancy, could see that she was mother material. The American curl practically radiated maternal love, her eyes always warm and her presence honey-sweet despite her ever-present nervousness. “What about you, Waspfrost? What’ve you been up to, with all your important warrior duties I’m sure something new has happened.” ‘Aside from our dilemma with Thunderclan…’ Which brought more anxiety on the molly, who had also wanted to take a break from hearing all the news about rising tension but being unable to get up and do something. Sure, she couldn’t take the offensive position well but Moon was a sturdy, strong feline and could damn well play defense. ‘And if I have to, I will.’ She thought darkly, mind flickering to her three bundles of joy, all nestled in the safety of SkyClan camp.

Feared
    Participant

A soft grunt escaped his throat for a mere moment when Moonberry joined him, apparently she wasn’t intending to hunt either. He couldn’t help but tune her out as she meowed on and on about her kittens, perhaps she would have been better suited taking a walk with another she-cat! Although, Waspfrost kept this to himself, blinking slowly as he tried to focus on the little bees that fluttered clumsily about in search for more pollen. The black tomcat didn’t hear a work about Silentkit, Emberkit or Crowkit, but he did catch the change in her tone when Moonberry meowed about one of her sons playing too roughly. Now that he did hear, side glancing towards the she-cat to see her troubled expression. Digging deep into her thoughts had slowed her down and he wasn’t about to slow his pace either, fortunately she quickened her pace before it turned awkward.

He breathed softly out of his nose in a small sigh, but it wasn’t out of annoyance. He could understand her need to get away from her kittens in order to relax and take a moment out in nature. “Do you usually talk this much when on a stroll?” Waspfrost couldn’t help but ask, arching an eyebrow towards her for a faint moment. Sometimes his tongue was a bit too sharp for his own liking, but she was a rather bubbly she-cat! He wasn’t used to being approached by a feline who loved to talk. Slim shoulders rose and fell with a shrug as he questioned about how he was, if anything exciting was going on with his life. There wasn’t. “Same old. Same old. Patrols, hunting parties. Only difference is they have been doubled because of Firestar’s little stunt.” He grumbled sourly, speaking of Firestar’s ambush that took place about a week prior. Honey yellow colored eyes flickered towards the mostly white molly as she continued to walk beside him, his left ear twitching slightly.

Pheebs
    Participant

Moonberry winced, feeling her confidence curl up somewhere deep in her chest. Swallowing hard the queen tried not to seem bothered by his words as she continued on with a brisk pace. “I-I suppose I’ve just missed conversation.” Which was partially true. The Nursery was always full of kits, queens, and the mates of queens. Moon wasn’t sure how much kitten talk she could listen to before feeling the rest of her intelligence leave her. And the other queens spoke about the weather, their kits, and their mates. Ugh, their mates. The molly scowled, considering that thought for a moment. ‘You made your choice, move on.’

The van patterned she-cat huffed, expression souring at the mention of that stupid ambush Firestar had done. “That mouse brain, how could he think ambushing Thunderclan was a good idea?!” Moon frowned, anxiety rolling off her in waves. “Thunderclan got a new deputy, right? Some molly Firestar feels great disdain for?”

Feared
    Participant

He noticed the wince she wore when he spoke his clipped words, but he wouldn’t apologize for them. What was said, was said and that was that. Instead he chose to ignore the awkwardness that settled in the air around them as she struggled to find what to say, at first he figure she would take off, but she seemed determined to speak to anyone other than another queen or kittens. “Mhmmmm.” He hummed, ears twitching slightly for a moment as he glanced towards her once, honey yellow colored eyes looking her up and down for a moment before he gave a shrug. “Fine, but no more talk about kits. If you are out here for a breather then that means forgetting about them for a little bit and relaxing.” Waspfrost finally meowed, he had no desire for the molly to go back into one of her rants about her precious kittens. Every Molly’s kittens were precious and honestly it was just the same song being sung.

Pausing near a young birch sapling, he began to rub his lithe figure against the smooth bark, his aim being the rough grey lip around the trunk as he scratched at his shoulder blade. “Mmmmm.” He groaned, the itch that had plagued him for at least a minute was finally being taken care of, eyes momentarily closing as Moonberry gave her input on the matter of Firestar. Hesitating, he stopped moving and looked towards Moonberry, she appeared visibly frustrated but why wouldn’t she? She had kittens to think about? But perhaps before her kittens are arrived, she would have thought as he did. “I don’t know, but I do see it differently from you.” He meowed, watching her expression before he shrugged and leaned back against the young tree, the trunk bending every so slightly. “We have always been overlooked and while in ways it’s a good thing, we are also considered weak to the other clans. You can’t deny that you’ve seen the way cats from other clans will see us at gatherings. We aren’t threats and we are easily pushed around. Blazestar made sure of that, but she was a good leader.” He admitted, never exactly being a fan of a kitty-pet leading their clan and he was proven right when Blazestar wished for the simple life of her kitty-pet ways. “Firestar is exactly what we need. He’s making sure we aren’t being pushed around and bending to the needs of other clans. ThunderClan? ShadowClan? Why should we bend our necks and break our backs for them when in need we have to beg with our tails between our legs?” Waspfrost questioned, his voice slow and his tone non-threatening as he held the conversation.  “From a mother’s stand point I can see why Firestar may seem irrational and such.” Waspfrost admitted, whiskers twitching slightly before he gave her a small smile. “But the way I see it, the strongest thrive and Firestar is making sure we are seen as the strongest and I can appreciate that.” Waspfrost nodded, pushing off the sapling and lightly bumping his shoulder blade against her own in a friendly manner, steering in another direction to continue their walk.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Feared.
    Pheebs
    Participant

As Moonberry watched Waspfrost walk off to scratch his back against a tree, briefly considering mirroring the act herself but opting to simply stand. Chuckling, the bicolor molly feigned a hurt expression, “I suppose I can spare a few moments not talking about my lovely little ones.” Grinning, the molly radiated warmth and friendliness. It was fairly obvious that the queen understood his views when her own pelt started to bristle. “It is unfair that we get stepped on so much, we’re a clan just as much as everyone else.” A second later the queen was sitting down, somewhat worn out which, when that had begun happening before, had truly surprised her. Usually, Moonberry had no trouble keeping up with others, herself able to travel many long lengths before tiring.

“I liked Blazestar, she was very sweet and truly cared for our clan.” Wrapping her tail around herself, the SkyClanner rolled her shoulders and tilted her head to look at Waspfrost. “Firestar is passionate, fierce, and I know he’ll die to defend us and will continue to push against the other clans until they make way for us the way we’ve made way for them time and again.” Moon’s gaze drifted skyward, distant and thoughtful. I just want my kits to be safe.The molly whispered brokenly. Her love for her kits went beyond the usual mother’s love, no, her kits had quickly become the sole source of light for her. She adored her clan, valued her clanmates, and looked up to the leaders of their clan, but Moonberry had been alone so long that when she gave birth to her kits she knew she had finally found some of the remnants of the true joy that’d been lost as an apprentice.

Pulling herself up to her feet, the molly accepted the other’s friendly nudge with a gentle bump from her own shoulder. Following slightly slower, her pace keeping her half a tail length behind the tom, the queen considered their conversation. “I am a queen and I understand that much of what I’m feeling is my maternal need to defend my young. But as a warrior, I desperately wish there was a more peaceful way to affirm that we are a clan deserving of respect. I suppose force is necessary in our case.” Moonberry sighed, shaking her head dolefully.

Feared
    Participant

He appeared relieved when Moonberry agreed to not talk about her little ones nestled up in the nursery, a soft sigh emitted from his lips for a moment as they continued their walk. Moonberry seemed to know exactly where his mind laid, but she had been hoping for a more peaceful way to settle this view between the clans. “You know… even if there had been a more peaceful way to go about it, I feel like Firestar still would have taken the aggressive approach.” He meowed with a thoughtful expression, honey yellow eyes roaming along the birch trees while his gaze lifted in order to stare at the small buds that were beginning to speckle their naked branches above them. “New-leaf is finally here and our Clan is growing in strength. Perhaps I like being looked at as a threat.” He reasoned with a shrug, although he did like the approach Firestar had taken, he wasn’t so keen on the extra patrols that followed the big ginger’s actions.

Slowly his lips broke apart for a small yawn to be present, his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth for a brief moment. He glanced towards his companion as he could see with the expression upon her face that she felt unsure about the aggressive approach. “I see what you mean.” Was all he could say to that, Blazestar had tried the gentle approach and all it did was get them stepped on. He honestly much preferred this method, although he wouldn’t dare say that to the molly. Peering upward, his ears touching the back of his head slightly as he spotted the sun’s whereabouts, seeing that the great circle in the sky was slowly moving across the sky into a evening position. That’s why the air is so much cooler. He mused, unaware that the time had gone by so quickly while talking with Moonberry. “Only terrible thing with New-Leaf is that Green-Leaf is right around the corner.” He grunted, Waspfrost despised Green-Leaf. Because of his dark pelt, he attracted the heat of a summer day like no other, even the shade offered little solace. Only the creek that flowed through their territory offered sanctuary for his dark pelt.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Sunlit Clearing New-Leaf Stroll