Never Ending Circle (Evening & Dream)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest Never Ending Circle (Evening & Dream)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

Eveningstorm ~ WindClan Warrior

The wind was restless, a strong cold breeze was overtaking the late afternoon as the sun was getting into the position for the sunset, pupils narrowed as a tall and muscular tomcat was making his way through the tall and thick grass of WindClan. Large and broad paws sunk into the soft dirt beneath him, toes digging into the dark brown soil as he walked. Soft pink nose scrunched as the scent of decaying leaves hit his senses like running into a thick tree trunk, grunting faintly for a moment as his long and feathery whiskers twitched for a moment. He wasn’t used the scent of dying leaves, but the scent literally was emitted from the forest, clearly this was scent of the season for ThunderClan.

Dark amber eyes peered through the yellow stalks of dry grass as the feline eyed the border, nostrils flaring as he took in the scents from both clans, keeping an eye out for a patrol. Luckily StarClan seemed to be on his side, smirking softly to himself for a moment before his form slunk forth from the tall grass, hurrying towards a large Oak tree as he ducked behind the overturned roots. He was a mere few trees away from his usual spot, always close to the WindClan border in case he needed to flee swiftly. However, he was unsure if his mate would be waiting for him tonight, after having missed their last couple of meetings, he wasn’t sure if Dreamfeather would be meeting him tonight.

Slowly a dark brown tabby striped tomcat slipped from behind of the overturned roots, walking close to the lining of the forest before he reached the tall and hollow oak tree. Slipping from the shadows after a moments hesitation, he walked into the dimming light of the sun as it shone through the leaves and branches. Standing beside the tree was a tall and muscular Tom with a dark brown tabby pelt. Ivory white fur covered his muzzle, throat, chest and stomach, which was neatly groomed for the occasion. Nostrils flared as he breathed in the stale scent of Dreamfeather, lowering his large head as he gently rubbed his cheek against the bark of the tree. Sighing softly for a moment as his tongue slowly scraped over his teeth, ears twitching upright as he listened for any sign of movement nearby, cowering down in the roots of the trees to see if his lovely ginger would come tonight.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

~ Dreamfeather, ThunderClan Warrior ~

The ginger tabby in question had slipped out of camp, being sure – as always – that no one had seen her do so. Her steps slowed to a stop and emerald eyes turned to gaze at the star flecked sky. Was it worth it? Was it worth sneaking out of camp again this time, just to find no one waiting? Part of her wanted to crawl back to her den and simply dream of Eveningstorm instead. Closing her eyes, she pictured the brown tabby’s face in her mind, his charming smile, his kind eyes. Releasing a breath, Dreamfeather began to move once more, the dead leaves crunching under her paws. She scowled at them, moving more carefully to avoid the noise as she approached their typical meeting spot.

She felt her heart sink as her gaze scanned the area. She hesitated, ears lowering in disappointment. It wasn’t until the ginger she-cat turned to go that she noticed the dark brown tabby nestled into the tree roots, and at first, she wasn’t sure she believed her own eyes. He came. A slow smile spread across her maw, and she bounded forward, leaves crackling and crunching as she barreled into him.

I wasn’t sure you were going to come anymore. I thought I’d done something to upset you, or that you’d found someone else.. Oh- I’m just so happy you’re here, Eveningstorm.” Her head nuzzled into his shoulder, her feathery tail swaying blissfully behind her. She leaned back to lock her green eyes on his face, head tilting slightly. “Where have you been? Are you alright?” As soon as she said this, worry began to build in her chest. Had he been hurt somehow? Perhaps he had been in the medicine den healing, and that was why he had missed their meetings. Her brows furrowed as she watched him, waiting desperately for an explanation.

Feared
    Participant

A pang of worry began to spread throughout his chest as he continued to wait for any signs of Dreamfeather, chewing on his lower lip for a moment before he heard the crunching of leaves vibrate through the air. Instinctively he lowered himself to the ground, ears standing upright as he became alert, dark amber eyes peeking through the roots to catch a glimpse of whom was disturbing the forest. A feline with deep and rich ginger tabby striped fur was rushing towards his hiding spot, her sweet scent suddenly overtaking his senses as he instantly recognized the she-cat. Dreamfeather. He thought silently with a half grin finding its way onto his face. He barely had time to brace himself when she leapt over the roots and practically barreled into him, pushing his body backwards into the roots with a soft grunt leaving his lips. However, he wasn’t bothered in the least, he was glad to see his mate healthy and grinned when she started to ramble, although his ears burned with shame at how worried she had been. “I could never be upset with you… of course I haven’t found someone else.” He reassured Dreamfeather, his deep and smooth voice filling the air around the two felines as she pushed her head into his shoulder blade. Chin lowering as he ran his pink tongue over her forehead twice, smoothing the ruffled fur before she leaned back to gaze up at him.

His gaze softened as he looked down into her eyes, a pair of green jewels looking back at him while he twitched his whiskers with nervous energy. He had been truthful that he hadn’t met someone else, or he supposed given his heart to someone else. But duties to his family had pushed him into a rather difficult spot, one that he knew his mate needed to know before she found out from someone else. As she questioned him, his ears slowly lowered back against his crown for a moment while the roof of his mouth went dry due to his nervousness. “No, I’m not hurt.” He smiled weakly, the tip of his tail twitching for a brief moment before he cleared his throat. “It’s been a bit hard sneaking away at the moment, all eyes are on me for the time being.” He muttered, eyes narrowing for a moment as he watched his mate curiously before he blinked. “I actually need to talk to you about… an agreement I made with one of my younger brothers.” Eveningstorm meowed, his voice strong but his heart beat quickened with his silent anxiety. A promise was a promise and he wouldn’t break his promise to EveningStorm, no matter how upset this could make his beloved.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

She met his gaze, and for a moment, Dreamfeather felt as though she couldn’t be happier. Then, she noticed his ears falling back, and his whiskers twitching, and all at once, her joy vanished, like mist in the morning. Something was wrong. He was nervous – nervous to tell her something. Her mouth ran dry and she took a step back, making enough space between them so that she could focus on the words he was saying. Clearly whatever was going on was serious. Dreamfeather didn’t know what was going on, but she knew that much from the way he was acting.

She stayed quiet long after he had finished speaking, trying to analyze his words, trying to prepare herself for whatever it was he would say next. Each scenario that came up in her mind was worse than the last and deepened the chill in her bones, but still, none of them felt quite right. When Dreamfeather finally spoke, her voice was quiet and unaccusatory. Her words were filled with uncertainty, plain and simple. “What… What kind of agreement? Why are ‘all eyes on you’? Why-” Her voice wavered and she cut herself short, eyes fixing on a tree off to the side, her tail curling tightly around her body. “What’s going on…?” She whispered, ears flattening against her skull.

Feared
    Participant

He watched her silently, studying the different expressions that were morphing along her facial features, keeping silent until she spoke. Dreamfeather was clearly uneasy and even moved away from him so she could steel herself for the worst but he smiled softly for a moment before clearing his throat and shifted slightly for a moment as he peered down at the beautiful molly. “Hey… take a deep breath.” He chuckled softly for a moment, running his tongue over his rubbery lips for a moment before he finally decided to take a breath.

“One of my younger brothers seems to have gotten himself in a tough position.” He meowed, his eyes hardening ever so slightly as his dark amber eyes flickered away from her emerald green eyes for a moment before he continued to speak. “Seems that my brother has taken on a mate that he can’t really afford and she’s pregnant with his kits.” He smirked and stood up, beginning to pace as his long tail lashes behind him in annoyance. “I know I don’t have any room to talk, my mate is from ThunderClan, but when your heavy with kits no one can exactly look at me and compare the kits to me.” He grumbled, his ears falling back against his ear. “If he was found out by our leader he would be stripped of his position and possibly kicked out of the clan for betraying the law.” Eveningstorm spoke, leading up to pose he had made Startledcrow, pausing to look at his mate.

“I… I made him a promise.” He started, tilting his head for a moment before he moved towards her and slowly sat down in front of her. “In order to protect my brother and in a way.. you. I have taken Willowfur as my ‘mate’ in WindClan and have claimed the kits as my own in order to keep eyes from trailing towards my brother.” He kept Startledcrow’s name from slipping out of his mouth but he was sure she would piece together the pieces, she was incredibly bright. “All eyes are on me right now because Willowfur is Wolfstar’s Daughter and I’m expected to be at her side instead of sneaking away to see my true lover.” He explained, chin tilting for a brief moment as his dark eyes gazed softly at the she-cat. “I know… this doesn’t sound good. But I have absolutely no romantic feelings towards Willowfur and honestly… it’s really awkward acting like her mate. But… I made a promise.” He meowed, chin tilting as he looked down at the she-cat.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

She watched him pace and shift, brows furrowing as she listened to him. Her mind rolled with the information she was giving him. Obviously, he was talking about Startledcrow — it was clear enough from the way he spoke about his position and the code. The plan made sense, but a pang shot through her heart at imagining her mate cuddled up with another, pretending to be her mate, to be the father of her kits. For a moment, Dreamfeather felt overwhelmed with emotion, but she swallowed it back, pressing her lips together tightly to keep them from quivering.

She took a moment to glance at her paws, trying to sort through all the emotions running through her. Then, shuffling her paws, Dreamfeather looked up at him once more. “I… understand. I understand why you had to do that.” She opened her mouth to speak before hesitating, considering her words. “Does this mean we won’t be able to meet up anymore, Eveningstorm?” Her voice was low and soft, and she sighed. “After all… what would happen to you if someone found you at the border with me? I’m sure Wolfstar wouldn’t be happy if he thought you were being unfaithful to his daughter.” Dreamfeather offered a sad smile, the end of her tail brushing leaves anxiously on the forest floor. She chuckled sadly, shaking her head as tears prickled at her eyes. “Maybe Softglow and Tinyflame were right.. Maybe we were silly to think this could work out any way good for us, Eveningstorm.” 

She closed the gap between them now, pressing her ginger coat against his dark brown fur, trying to absorb the feeling so she could keep it with her. Dreamfeather didn’t want to let him go, not now, not ever. But it had never been acceptable for them to be together, and now that all of WindClan thought he was mates with this Willowfur… Well, things had gotten even more complicated. It had always been unfair for either of them to consider moving Clans – they had family, after all – but now, that wasn’t even an option. Her green eyes flickered up to the few stars that peeked through the leaves. Was StarClan trying to tell them they shouldn’t be together? Had everything they thought was fate just been coincidence? Dreamfeather wasn’t sure about anything.

Feared
    Participant

He watched her silently, his eyes slowly roaming her face as her expressions changed from confused, shocked, angry, upset, and finally disbelief as she tried to gather all of her thoughts together. Eveningstorm stayed silent, not wanting to interrupt her thoughts while the fur along his spine was beginning to rise with the feeling of unease. Would she understand why he had to help out his brother? To keep Startledcrow and his mate safe? Hell, they were producing him with nieces or nephews and they were also family. Swallowing the lump that was stuck in his throat, he eyed her expression when she lifted her chin to eye him warily. Ears standing upright as she began to speak, releasing a small buff of air from his nostrils as she admitted she understood why he had to act out in such a huge lie. However, he was shocked when she continued to speak, cutting off his sentence before it could even leave his mouth. Eyebrows furrowing over his dark amber eyes as she went on to ask if they had to stop seeing each other, how would Wolfstar react if he was caught, and even going on about how TinyFlame and Softglow could possibly be correct. Reacting as a bird whose feathers had been ruffled the wrong way, his fur stood on end and his long tail was fluffed out.

“Dreamfeather… I have no intention of stopping. Letting you go is not an option for me… even if we have kits, it’s not an option for me to stay away.” He meowed when she pressed against him, her ginger coat mixing with his dark brown tabby fur was always mesmerizing to watch. Pupils narrowing as he looked down at the she-cat, biting his tongue for a moment before he finally spoke. “Wolfstar… Wolfstar can go suck a robins egg for all I care if I’m caught. He can cast me out of the clan and I’ll still manage to come see you, regardless.” He shrugged, but looked away from her as he tried not to sound too salty at the mention of the other two she-cats he could honestly careless for now, TinyFlame held no place within his heart once she had turned a warrior and immediately thought she was better than him and deserved a say in whatever he did. Snorting loudly, his eyes landed on Dreamfeather once more. “I refuse to believe those bores are correct about us, but it’s up to you.” He finally managed, giving a small shrug as he leaned his side into the overturned root.

Hareflight [Mel]
    Participant

Dreamfeather pressed against him, anxiously awaiting his next words. What if he agreed that they shouldn’t meet anymore? She was sure it would shatter her heart into a million pieces if he said that. However… When he spoke, it wasn’t like that at all. In shock, the ginger tabby glanced up at him, as if expecting him to reveal that he was only joking about wanting to see her still. But when she saw his expression, she knew he was serious. Her heart lifted, and she let out a breath of relief. If Eveningstorm believed things could work out between them, then they would. They could work everything out if they believed in it, she was sure of it.

After he finished speaking, she simply looked at him, a blissful smile on her face. Then, softly, she said, “Thank you.” Before he could say anything, she continued to speak. “For believing in us, I mean. It’s so hard, not getting to see you every day, and sometimes.. Well, I get a little jealous of other mates who get to be open about their love.” A pause. “It must be really difficult for you to pretend to be in love with Willowfur..” Her head tilted slightly, and she took a moment to consider her words before she said them, whiskers twitching. “You know.. This is a hard situation. It’s hard for both of us, but I can’t help but feel proud of you in some way. You’re looking after your brother.” Then, she offered a grin, trying to lighten the mood. “Funny, charming, and a good sense of morals? Clearly I chose the right tom.” 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest Never Ending Circle (Evening & Dream)