Needing a Healing Paw

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den Needing a Healing Paw

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Roach
    Participant

Firebird ~Skyclan Deputy 

“Good cause I wasn’t asking” he drawled back with a smirk painted on his black rubbery hued lips. He easily toned her out when she snarked back to him about her insufferable chattering. Firebird was more focused on getting into camp and finding Saffrongaze to finally relieve himself of the kittypet. His form straightening up slightly as he makes his way closer to the entrance to camp. Bracing himself for the peculiar looks he would receive as well as the mocking from his brother.

Tilting his head briefly to the side as he looks up at Milky. “Now just remain quiet and no starting conversations along the way” he warned sternly before carefully maneuvering through the branches. Quietly informing her to stay low to avoid snagging on any of the low branches. Grunting lightly as he felt a sharp branch stab into his side, but easily pushed through, ignoring anymore discomfort. Firebird couldn’t be as graceful as usual with another feline resting upon his back.

Finally after what felt like hours but had only been an hour, he returned to his home; just not alone. Firebird doesn’t even wait as he continues his way through, his piercing ember eyes flickering over lazily at the other felines within the clearing. A small nod is all he gave to those who greeted him with questioning looks. ‘Now to find Saffrongaze’ he thought, though that would be an easy task as she was for the majority of the time, in the medicine den. His sensitive ears twitching as her warm breath caressed them as she spoke softly in his ear. Rolling his eyes but he couldn’t hide the amusement within his gaze as he listened to the wonder and surprise in her voice.

His paws subconsciously lead him to where he needed to go. As he knew the layout of Skyclan Camp like the back of his paw, many within camp knew the routine and what each den stood for, not just by the looks but the smell. Firebird could easily differentiate between the dens due to the scents that mingled within. Now, the strong scent of herbs filled his nostrils as he moved closer to the den residing in a hollowed out tree. Ducking as he enters, being surprisingly careful not to knock Milky against the archway.“Saffrongaze?” He called out, looking around for the peach Scottie medicine cat. “I told you…welcome to Skyclan he mutters before searching for a place to lay the wounded she-cat.

Saffie
    Participant

Going through her assortments, she used her nose and a gentle paw to put the herbs in their rightful places. She was very picky and specific when it came to the locations of her herbs in case of a real emergency, she could just jog over and pick up what she needed. She looked over to the herb baskets; she’d need to fix their weaving as she saw some of them coming loose. Squinting, she brushed all the unusable and dead herbs to a corner of her den so an apprentice could come and clean it up later. A voice slicing into her concentration caused her to flinch slightly, looking over toward it with slightly widening eyes. Her lids lowered once she realized it was her friend, Firebird. Her tail swished, shaking off any debris from her fluffy tail as she padded over. She caught another scent of an outsider. Tilting her head, she refrained from mentioning anything. “Firebird, greetings, who is your friend?” She asked, looking toward the feminine with a soft smile.

Peach
    Participant

Small dusty ears poked out the side of the larger tom, her pale blue eyes following suit as they peered around his large fluff. Swallowing hard as she fought back the pain to answer the question directed at Firebird herself, “They call me Milky.” She proudly mewed, her voice slightly scratchy from her loud yowls back when the icicles crashed into her. “I am not friends with this beast.” She huffed, eyes rolling in the process. “Though I do think I’m growing on him.” She couldn’t help chuckle at her outwardly spoken thought.

While most of the young felines body sat upright atop of the toms back, her right hind leg fell to the side hanging their lifelessly. Milkys dusty muzzle gestured to her darkened paws, “Get this, this guy says you can heal this thing.” Doubt filling her tone, attempting to move her back leg to show Saffrongaze, any movement in her leg below the area where her traditional Siamese pelt transitioned from white to brown not working. “I don’t see how but he insisted I come here with him. He practically begged me to get on his back.” Trying to laugh away the pain, and annoy the ginger deputy even more. He deserves it after treating me in such a manner, she had already declared to herself she did not like him.

Roach
    Participant

Firebird ~ Skyclan Deputy 

Turning in the direction of Saffrongaze’s voice, watching her for a moment as she pads away from organizing her herbal stash. Scoffing as he listens to her question who his friend was. “Tsk friend? More like parasite” he snarked, but his little comment was drowned out by Milky speaking up. “Here she goes again” he quietly groans. His handsomely sharp features molding into  annoyance and offense at the dusty brown Siamese calling him a beast. Scowling up at the injured kittypet, his piercing ember eyes boring into her with distaste.

His tufted ginger ears flicker backwards slightly, moving further into the den. Firebird clenches his jaw in an attempt to calm his rising irritation with Milky. He was certainly regretting saving her from her sticky situation with a log and carrying her back here from her injury sustained from an icicle. Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, his eyes narrowing as she boasts and exaggerates what had truly happened. Not turning his gaze towards Saffrongaze as he knew that she would see through what he was about to do, and try to stop him.

Shifting his form, causing him to ‘accidentally drop’ Milky on a older nest of moss. It would cushion some of the blow, but not much. “Oops” he sneered down at her. Arching a brow as amusement shown in his dark orange gaze. Stepping over her as he looks back at the medicine cat. “Found this kittypet lost and stuck in our territory. Tried to get rid of her by leading her towards the edge of Skyclan, but her stupidity landed her with an injury to her leg; an icicle. Any way you can patch her up so I can get rid of her?” Firebird says with an exasperated tone, not even bothering to look back at Milky.

Saffie
    Participant

Saffron watched with much interest how these two interacted with each other. She knew Firebird wasn’t a fan of outsiders and she wondered why he brought this one to get healed. Usually, she felt like he would still dismiss outsiders and leave them to survive on their own; this Milky she-cat must mean something, even if it is a host-parasite relationship. Quirking a kitty-brow, it seems her suspicions were correct; he did try to get rid of her to no avail. Her ear flicked as she watched Firebird toss her off his back, blinking her azurite eyes; he honestly just did that. She padded to Milky and sniffed at her bleeding leg. The icicle didn’t cut too deep but it cut enough to cause permanent damage. “Your leg will heal but you’ll have a limp.” She said as she padded to her herbs and gathered them within a small basket, placing two straight sticks and a coil leaf inside the basket then picked it up and padded to her. “And you’ll be here for about two moons. Or… Months, as the humans put it.” She added as she began to mash up some comfrey, a bit of horsetail and marigold. She proved useful to Skyclan, playing as a translator of sorts. Her time as a rouge served her well but now, her new life lead her to be a medicine cat and she couldn’t see herself looking back.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Saffie.
    Peach
    Participant

Feeling the large tom begin to shift Milky braces for impacted, she somehow had a feeling it’d come sooner or later. Falling hard onto the moss nest, a loud thump heard as her body hit the floor. Wincing in pain, biting her bottom lip to stop from crying out in pain, she wouldn’t let this tom get the best of her, she wouldn’t cry out in pain because of something he did. “I feel sorry for whatever poor molly ended up with your ugly mug.” Her eyes piercing into Firebird, though she hadn’t know him very long she came to the conclusions that speaking through insults might be the only way the two communicate at all.

Her focus turned to the pretty peachy healer sniffing her leg, listening intently to her prognosis, “A limp?” The word alone being enough to make the mollys eye well up, “No no no I’m sorry I believe there’s a mistake here. You’re supposed to be some miracle healer who works magic on this and I’m supposed to go home.” Her head falling dramatically between her dusty paws, eyes glazing over as a tear falls from her blue eyes. Trying to stifle her sniffles from Firebird knowing he’d probably make a stupid comment to shut up again. “I’m supposed to be with them right now. I’m worth a lot to them, I have a show coming up soon…” Her tone hushed as her gaze shifted to the large tom,  she knew he was right when he told her she couldn’t handle the woods and she wished so badly she’d listen to him in the beginning.

Roach
    Participant

Firebird ~Skyclan Deputy 

Shrugging his shoulders at Saffrongaze as she gives him a reprimanding look for dropping the injured molly. The kittypet had it coming as she just did not know how to shut her mouth. He felt sorry for the other kittypets that had to deal with her insufferable talking. Moving his head slightly to the side as he catches a glimpse of the dusty brown Siamese she-cat. Firebird was mildly surprised at her stubbornness to hide her pain, though he could easily detect the tremors coursing through her form and the slight furrowing of her brows informed him of her discomfort.

Snapping out of his thoughts as his attention moves back to Saffrongaze as she hurriedly moves about; collecting  the necessary herbs before heading back to her patient. Smirking down at Milky as she spats at him, her words not affecting him in the slightest. “Starclan help the tom that ends up with you” he calmly threw back. His muscular form going tense as he listens to the news. He felt slight guilt that her injury would cause a permanent limp, but honestly he was more concerned that she would be staying here for 2 moons.

Rolling his eyes as he stares up at the ceiling of smooth wood above. Glaring at nothing in particular as Milky’s soft voice rose in distress at her fate.
    “Well obviously your show will have to wait.” He huffed before adding; “I’m sure your twolegs will still want you after you are healed” he blandly said, knowing that his words wouldn’t console the upset molly, but hey at least he tried. Firebird tightly pressed his lips together, refraining himself from spouting out ‘I told you so’ for her recklessly wondering the wintery woods.

Saffie
    Participant

Saffron’s ear flicked slightly as Milky began to panic. Raising an eyebrow, she wondered what went through the feminine’s head when she was informed that she could help her. If she was correct, the icicle nicked a part of her leg that needs extra TLC but even with that, it would be permanent due to it being an icicle to cause the injury. “Ah, Milky, you must understand. Your leg will be healed up and not show a scar but, you’ll have the limp. It was an icicle that cut you so that causes damage to muscles. I’m sure your humans will love you regardless and if they don’t, then it’s their loss.” She said softly. The Scottie understood her; she was afraid for her humans. Glaring at Firebird, she gently bapped his shoulder with her tail to silence him. “Enough harsh words, my Firebird. She’s in shock; she doesn’t have our, how do I say… Strength. Kittypets live a pampered life so she is… squishy.” She said, trying to make it sound as nice as possible without offense. While Saffrongaze wasn’t a kittypet, she was a loner but she was raised under Skyclan’s culture and their way of life.

Peach
    Participant

Releasing a lengthy breath the Siamese she cat tried to collect herself, Deep breathes. Cool, calm and collected, words her mother would often comfort her with during her kithood while showing off her future showing skills to humans. Gathering her thoughts, eyes gazing at the tall tom, “I’m a cat of perfect breeding, my genetics are the best in the circuit. A limp will ruin my career…then what use am I?” She squeaked out having no other skills than being a show cat. Blue eyes shifting to Saffrongaze, realizing that speaking to Firebird wouldn’t make things any easier.

Dusty paws anxiously kneading the ground beneath her, she couldn’t do anything even if she wanted to go home. It was impossible for her to walk the whole way back home and even if she could walk she’d still face the probably of being lost. Defeated, her head laid softly on the ground, resting a single paw on her face to cover her eyes, “Fine 2 months. Not a day more.” She wanted to put Firebird in the past, though she didn’t mind Saffrongaze, at least she was nice.

Breaking a long silence after feeling her tears disappear and throat no longer feeling tight, “oh and Saffrongaze was it? Thank you for every you’ve done for me.” She smiled softly, after removing her paw from her face. Her gaze shooting to Firebird, “I don’t suppose you have any soft beds just laying around here do you?” Turning her head away from the tom, though he was still in her side view, a simple “thanks” falling from her muzzle.

Roach
    Participant

Firebird ~ Skyclan Deputy 

Furrowing his brows as he watches Milky slowly calm herself from teetering over the edge of having a panic attack. He could easily sense her distress as it filled the air in a tight grasp. Shifting his large form from paw to paw as he was unsure on what he should do. Should he leave? Let Saffrongaze handle the fragile kittypet? “I believe the limp is the problem” he mutters over to Saffrongaze, he could understand to an extent of Milky’s worries. Firebird knew that he would be upset and angry if he received a limp, but also knew that he would over come it. Milky just needed to learn and come to terms that the limp wouldn’t necessarily define her. Though he was missing a key part; her two legs.

“I am sure everything will be fine. No use in crying about it now when it isn’t for certain yet” Firebird coolly says, hoping she would stop her blubbering already. A snort escapes him as he listens to Saffrongaze try her best to explain to him the ways of kittypet and how they differ from clan-life. “I already know she is soft, kinda the problem” he rolls his eyes. Making his way towards the back of the den, having to duck slightly as the den’s ceiling lowered the further back you go. Muttering under his breath as he grasps a softer and healthier roll of moss bedding. Padding back towards Milky, regarding her with no emotion as he drops the bedding and lazily flicks his large paw against the moss, watching it in mild interest as it unfolds.

“There” he simply says, before pursing his lips as he realizes that she will need help moving into the new nest. ‘Starclan’ he inwardly groaned. ‘This is the last thing I am going for this ungrateful molly’ he couldn’t help but think. Lowering his form next to Milky, eyeing her in the corner of his eye. “Lean against me, put most of your weight against me, so I can guide you over there” he gruffly explains. His tail lashing side to side with impatience.

Saffie
    Participant

Saffrongaze could never understand why the humans did specific breeding. Most of the cats here didn’t know their breed but that didn’t matter. She pondered before saying. “The limp will only be a problem if you work yourself too hard. If you’re just, walking and such then it shouldn’t get in the way of your.. uhm, career?” She said lightly, trying to remember the kittypet language as best as she could. It’s hard when one hasn’t practiced in a long long time.

She joined in helping Milky to a comfortable nest, taking her other side.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den Needing a Healing Paw