My turn to care for you.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den My turn to care for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

The days since the fateful battle had passed in a veritable blur for the newly dubbed Sparky. At first she’d thought the little nickname from her caregiver was a bit silly, but something about how Saffrongaze said it made her mind the title much the less. And given how busy things had been, she’d come to learn a name really was just a name.

Her own wounds were nearly all the way mended, so she had helped where she could staunching wounds and bringing medicine to those who needed it. It felt good to aid others, but her heart ached that such harm had ever come to them in the first place. Why they had battled their neighbors was unclear. Saffrongaze had no answers. And in Sparky’s mind, if the cute little healer did not know it then an answer must simply not exist.

She found herself alone in the den during the early evening hours, the neatly stacked herbs and cave walls bathed in a diffused amber glow. She herself was weary, but it was nothing compared to the Medicine Cat, whom she hardly saw sleep anymore. Most of the wounded were tended to, but there was one cat who had been indeed neglected of late….the healer herself. It must be difficult, Sparky thought, to be responsible for so many that your own needs had go hungry.

She’d made up her mind. She wouldn’t let it go on. Not on her watch.

She waited there in the cave until Saffrongaze’s return. By then, the sky was a deep inkwell blue and wreathed with stars. As soon as the little she-cat set paw in the den, Sparky leapt up and very lightly headbutted her.

“Alright little miss! Into your nest with you. There’s a thrush and a water-soaked mossball, so you shan’t need to stand anymore. I swear, if I see you up and about I’ll…I’ll about throw a fit.” She grinned weakly.

“Howsa ’bout I rub those shoulders for ya?”

Saffie
    Participant

The Battle between Skyclan and Shadowclan was a scary one. Saffrongaze felt helpless as the battle raged on. In the back of her mind, she knew what was to come after Hornetstar came to try to cash in his debit card to the clan. Firestar was no pushover; he didn’t take any nonsense from any cat, not even the Peach Scottie.

Her clan cats had returned with many scars, Skyclanners were known for their strengths in climbing and hunting big birds so this fight with the marsh-dweller Shadowclan, it must’ve been quite the battle… Her heart clenched and she and Speckledpaw worked hard to heal the cats of the Sky-Shadow battle.

What seemed like moons, with all her cats healed and resting, even with the quiet den, she continued to work, preparing pain soothing packs and a row of cupped leafs to be filled with water from a small lake next to her herbs. It was until a new voice cut through her thought and her fur raised in slight shock; mostly from being surprised. Her head turned to see the large feminine, Sparky~! Her tired eyes opened slightly and her tail swished. “I can’t rest now, Sparky-” She tried to get back to work but at the mention of a fresh mossball and a thrush waiting made her mouth water. Standing still for the while, she’s just now noticing her paws ached badly but no pain compared to when the hurricane passed through the land. She figured her legs were used to this pain because of those events. She gave a small sigh then a shining smile. “Alright, you win. Come, lay with me than.” She said, padding to her nest to catch the scent of her meal. She laid down, grunting a bit as the pain stung her paws but relief to finally be off them. Her ears and cheeks slightly burned with blush as she offered a massage. Her fur stood a bit, unsure of what to say. “A-ah yes, do it on your own free will, Sparky, I do not want to intrude.” She mewed.

Chris
    Participant

Sparky was grateful that the little healer didn’t put up much of a fight. In truth, she had no authority to enforce rest on her beyond a deep knowledge that it was what she needed.

She leapt nimbly to her paws at the invitation, every inch of her fur prickling with gooseflesh as she settled down beside her shorter companion. For a moment, she just listened to her breathe, eyes closing. Her smell was nice, like flowers and herbs.

After she had received consent for the proposed backrub she shifted to sitting up, placing her large paws on Saffrongaze’s back. The Medicine Cat’s pelt was incredibly soft, and Sparky found herself kneading it unconsciously enjoying how it tickled her pawpads like down. She gradually introduced more pressure, finding beneath the silky layer of fur lay a network of rock hard muscles, tangled up in one another like so many tree roots. Thankfully as she worked the upper neck area, she did start to feel some headway in the severity of the knots.

“That feel good, Saff?” She murmured, leaning in closer. “You’re so wound up. You gotta rest some, sweetheart. If somethin’ happens to you who’s gonna look after the rest of us poor souls?” She purred good-naturedly. “Don’t you worry none though. Tonight I’ll be lookin after ya.”

Saffie
    Participant

As their fur intertangled with each other, she took that time to relax. As Sparky prepped to give the tense medicine cat a massage, Saffrongaze couldn’t help but to get a sense of relief. Her throat rumbled with a pleasurable purr as her partner’s big but gentle paws rubbed along her back and spine. Her tail swayed slightly; this did feel nice. She never received pampering outside of her adoptive mother’s cleaning licks and self-grooming.

“Y-yeah, that feels real nice..” She mrrw-ed softly, laying her head between her extended fore-legs, even blepping her tongue slightly. She pondered on Sparky’s words… Speckledpaw was decently trained but still a small nervous bean. The golden feminine’s words put Saffron in a more relaxed and tender state more than ever, to have someone by her side to keep company and watch over her as she laid low for some time off. The cats within her den rested soundless, along with her apprentice.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Medicine Den My turn to care for you.