My Secret (BrookxForestxHeron)

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory My Secret (BrookxForestxHeron)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wolfstar
    Participant

Brookflower listened to Wolfstar give out instructions on both border and hunting patrols, hanging at the back of the crowd in hopes he wouldn’t see her and place her in one of them. She listened intently, paying attention to where he was sending each group of cats to make sure they wouldn’t head where her heart so desperately wanted to go. Forestmask was most likely waiting for her at this very moment, his green eyes roaming around in hopes of seeing her silver and white pelt. At least…she hoped that was what he was doing. When Wolfstar was finished assigning everyone’s job, she let out a breath of relief and swerved her way around the rest of her Clanmates towards the entrance of the camp. “I’m going to the moorland to do some hunting by myself,” she informed the guard, smiling as natural as she could. Thankfully, the warrior didn’t blink an eye, only grunting their approval. 

She slid out so easily, her paws itching with excitement as she traveled towards the Gathering Place. RiverClan and WindClan met in the middle of where the Clans held their gatherings, but neither of them patrolled the area very often. The ghostly territory was sacred to the Clans and was a symbol of peace and tranquility. Keeping a patrol to check and guard on it only felt wrong. Because of this, Brookflower and Forestmask had determined it to be the best place to meet up where there would be no watchful eyes.

The silver-and-white warrior raced through the open moors, her fur brushing against the brown and green grasses. Her lithe body made it easier to run over the rolling hills, her white paws nimble and quick. She slowed down to a halt as she got closer to the border, her yellow eyes narrowing while scanning her surrounding area. No sign of Forestmask yet. Pity. Brookflower stepped forward and crossed the boundary, sticking close to the Gathering Place territory. “Forestmask?” she whispered, her heart beating quickly. They had only met a few times since the first day they met. She still shivered at the memory of sliding into the water for a swimming lesson only to get out as soon as she could because it was too cold. She had a feeling Forestmask would try to teach her to swim again now that the waters were getting warmer with the newleaf season. Brookflower wasn’t a fan of the water, but if he desperately wanted her to learn how could she say no? 

Hornetstar
    Participant

FORESTMASK.

Dear StarClan, he should stop all of this while he was ahead, but he couldn’t help himself. Something about Brookflower was so alluring, even if things with Heronflight were going so well – if not a bit slowly. It felt like he was making progress with his deputy and his feelings pertaining to the deputy, even if he still wasn’t quite certain what those feelings were. And now add this WindClan she-cat into the mix and… Wow, he felt like a fish out of water. Of course he was old enough to be aware of the notion a cat could like more than one other cat, and maybe even have more than one mate, but he had never thought of this for himself. He had always thought of himself as a one cat tom, but Heronflight and Brookflower both being his sounded amazing. The warrior had no idea how to go about this though, so until he felt more certain of what the heck he was doing, seeing Brookflower when he could and spending time with Heronflight in RiverClan would have to suffice.

He arrived at the Ghostly Flats, the Gathering places of the Clan and their prearranged meeting spot, shortly after Brookflower had. The brown tabby strolled from the bushes with a smile on his lips, eyes twinkling as he called out a friendly greeting to the other. “Brook!” Forestmask had never been a stickler about calling other’s by their full names, and the WindClan she-cat was no exception. “How’ve ya been?” As always, he was extremely warm and welcoming. And unlike last time, this time he seemed to be a bit more relaxed, even if the issue of Pantherstorm was still weighing heavy on his mind. Perhaps spending more time with Heronflight attributed to the less tension?

Wolfstar
    Participant

A gust of wind echoed through the valley, whistling in Brookflower’s ears and bringing ominous whispers with it. The fur along her spine prickled, and she looked around warily for anyone close by. I’m probably imagining the voices, she thought to herself, blocking them out as she focused on her surroundings. Yellow blossoms speckled the gorse bushes behind her, and some of the petals littered the ground. Save for a few rain clouds in the distance, the sky was as cheery as the beginning of Newleaf, and a couple of bluebirds danced in the sky and chirped their songs in celebration of the new season. The brown grasses of the WindClan moors mingled with the green of RiverClan territory, joining together to form a small meadow. She liked to believe it was a representation of hers and Forestmask’s relationship. Separate, but joined. 

Suddenly, the loud call of Forestmask’s deep voice echoed throughout the valley she stood upon, and she snapped her head in his direction. The brown tabby was padding towards her with a warm smile on his face, and her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. “You’re going to wake every rabbit on the moor if you don’t quiet your voice, fishbrain,” she lightly warned, her tail tip twitching with amusement. As he got closer, her heart beat faster and she couldn’t help but press her nose against his cheek as a welcome. Her ears flattened against her head with embarrassment, hoping she wasn’t suddenly too forward. “I almost started to think you weren’t going to meet me today. The Gathering was apparently crazy last night.” Unfortunately, she had not been chosen to attend her fellow Clanmates to the Gathering, and was unable to see her own father snap at the leader’s on the rock. Part of her almost didn’t believe everyone, finding it hard to think about her calm, relaxed father yelling and calling everyone imbeciles. Brookflower stepped forward once again, and rubbed her flank against Forestmask’s. “I’m glad to see you’re not wary with me for what happened.” 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums RiverClam RiverClan Territory My Secret (BrookxForestxHeron)