Mama Dearest [Title Pending] (SilverxWidow)

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Mama Dearest [Title Pending] (SilverxWidow)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Silverscreech
    Participant

♡ Silverscreech of Shadowclan ♡

Shortly after having her conversation with FearedJackal, Silverscreech went out and caught a vole and rat for the fresh-kill pile. She had been hungry when she left the camp earlier, thinking she would be bringing back something to eat right away…but that never happened. Not after talking things out. The grey-white she-cat also couldn’t concentrate properly when her mate FearedJackal was lurking nearby. Partly because she was dwelling on the guilt she felt from all the trouble she had caused him, and secondly because having him so close nearby but not able to show affection towards him was driving her crazy.

Her stomach gnawed at her painfully. The fresh smell of her kills and warmth of their bodies caused her mouth to water. It had also felt good since the weather had started to get cooler. However, she needed to have self control. Silverscreech remembered that part of the warrior code was that the elders and queens ate first before anyone else was allowed to eat. “You can wait. No point in breaking the rules after coming back home.” She quietly told herself.

Bounding through the camps bramble entrance, she tried to ignore the glances from the rest of her clan as she placed the fresh-kill on the pile in the center of camp. Gently picking up a small lizard from the pile, she made her way nearby the entrance of the warriors den and ate in silence. Silverscreech wasn’t sure yet how she was gonna approach her kits. Neither of them had said anything to her since she came back to Shadowclan. And she didn’t blame them. But Silverscreech knew she had to talk to them eventually and try to sort things out. “How do I go about this?” She mumbled to herself quietly. Looking up, her yellow gaze carefully scanned the clearing for any of her kits….but unfortunately she didnt see any of them in camp. A part of Silverscreech was disappointed in not seeing any of them, and another part was relieved since she really didn’t know what to say at the moment.

Roach
    Participant

Widowpaw

Grumbling under neath her breath, sharply looking over her shoulder to glare over at her father. It was his fault why she was put into such a position in the first place as he seemed to love to torture her into talking to her mother. Why should she have to make the first move? She wasn’t the one that left! Frowning as her pale autumn orange gaze lands on the taller silver form of Silverscreech. Remaining out of her line of sight, wanting to use this time to quietly observe her mother.

Ever since finding out that her mother was indeed alive and not dead as she once perceived was quite shocking. Widowpaw thought she had lost her mother when she came into the world, only to find out that Silverscreech had ran at the first given opportunity. Scoffing at the thought, rolling her eyes as she could not believe the audacity of her, to come back and expect everything would be okay. Well she certainly had another thing coming. Steeling her resolve, taking a deep calming breath before stalking over to her.

Pausing a few fox lengths away, her diluted stripes glowing in the warm light with her graceful movements. Her dark charcoal black pelt brightening in different hues of black and brown in the sunlight, her striped tail flicking side to side with impatience. Biting her inner cheek as she refrains from snapping at Silver who said oblivious near the warriors den. Mentally counting to ten before rudely clearing her throat, ears flicking backwards slightly in discomfort once actually getting her attention.

She hadn’t expected to actually get this far, to become face to face with her mother. Widow’s throat suddenly became dry, mind going blank, heart racing to think of something. “Have you met your step kits yet?” She snarked. Of course she had to go for a low blow, honestly it had been the first thing that had came to mind. It just happened to be a plus that it was a punch line that would certainly leave a bruise.

Silverscreech
    Participant

Growling to herself, Silverscreech felt like there was no way to justify her actions for leaving. She had good reasons, but now that Silverscreech realized they were pathetic considering she should of just stayed in shadowclan made it alot harder. “Yea…this is not going to be easy…” she told herself silently as she stared at her grey striped paws. Her piercing yellow gaze seemed glazed over as she sighed in defeat.

Suddenly hearing someone as they cleared their throat, the grey-white tabby she-cat glanced up to see a charcoal black she-cat standing in front of her with stripes barely darker then the rest of her coat. Her orange eyes obviously showing hostility and anger as she stared Silverscreech down. Ears flattening a little as Silverscreech took in her presence. The resemblance to FearedJackal was definite as well as the stripes she inherited from herself. Silverscreech knew from first glance that this was Widowpaw. However a mother never forgets what there kits looked like to begin with…unless they truly didn’t care.

“Widowpaw… ” Silverscreech muttered sadly. She felt her body go rigid, ears lowering as the reality of the situation dawned on her. Grey fluffy tail twitching anxiously as she opened her white muzzle to say something furthur but finding Widowpaw blurt out her questioning remark first. Yellow eyes widening in shock before quickly burning with anger, she took a step forward to make her daughter know she wasn’t in the mood for her attitude. “No I haven’t! But that doesn’t  matter right now. Right now talking to you and your siblings is what I’m trying to do!” She retorted painfully. After trying to forget the fact that FearedJackal had kits with another cat, it did bite her hard that her own daughter was shoving that knowledge in her face, reminding her of her mates unfaithfulness. Even if it was unintentional. Grey fur fluffing up, she narrowed her yellow gaze at Widowpaw. “Secondly, you don’t speak to your mother that way! You hear me?!? Show some respect to your senior warriors!”

Silverscreech couldn’t believe the mouth Widowpaw had gracefully presented to her. “Where in the name of starclan does she get that snarky attitude from!?” If only the grey-white warrior knew just exactly how much alike Widowpaw and her were when it came to their snide remarks and sarcastic comments.

Roach
    Participant

Widowpaw

Lips twitching in a slight smirk as she sees Silverscreech barely containing her rising anger. It brought Widowpaw complete satisfaction to see that she was the cause of the burning rage. Quickly masking her amusement with a blank look, arching a perfect arched brow in a mocking manner. How could Silver think that she could just demand respect? To be treated like her mother when she had left 11 moons ago? When her and her siblings had to grow up without a mother figure. Only having Fearedjackal and eachother to rely on. Even her father was not the best, as he suddenly comes back from a hunt to reveal two kits that happen to be her step siblings. It showed Widow that her father did not feel like they were enough for him.

“Hmph” she huffs, glancing away from her mother in disinterest. Wishing one of her siblings would come along and save her, hating Fearedjackal for forcing her to talk to Silverscreech, so it will be his problem of the outcome. “I find it so amusing that you believe you deserve respect” her voice lowering dangerously, eyes narrowing into slits as her temper rises. Not backing down in the slightest when her mother steps closer. In fact Widowpaw too steps closer, her cranium coming to rest at the others shoulder. Frowning at the height difference between them, her height has always been a sore subject to her as there are times she feels that her anger or words are never taken seriously.

Though the young charcoal tabby knows that height is not everything, as all she needed to do is channel her father’s energy to command attention. “All I’ve seen you do since you’ve gotten back is hunt and isolate yourself. You haven’t even tried to approach me” she snarks, lips curling in distaste. “I am only here now because of daddy dearest” her anger dripping like venom, her words twisting with false pleasantries. Cocking her small cranium to the side as if to observe Silverscreech even more, but in reality she has seen enough. It bothered her more than it should at the similarities between them, from the stripes decorating their pelts to the pale eyes.

While they may both have pale eyes, Widow’s held a darker hue to where it looked more orange than yellow. “Should I expect more half-siblings anytime soon? I mean you have been gone for what? 11 moons. It only took Fearedjackal 6 moons to move on” she made sure to keep her voice light with a hint of curiosity in her voice, phrasing it more as a question even if she did not care for the answer. Flicking her gaze to the ground, absentmindedly pawing with a pebble laying about. “You also do know that I’m almost a warrior right? You really hold no authority over me” she decides to add, needing to be clear. Yes; Silverscreech may be her biological mother, but she wouldn’t be calling her ‘mother’ anytime soon.

Silverscreech
    Participant

If Silverscreech wasn’t trying to improve on her skills as a parent, and if she didn’t care that much what her kits thought of her, she would of clawed the smug look off her daughters face. It was becoming very apparent that Widowpaw was not going to be making things easy for the grey-white striped she-cat. And she found it very annoying that the black striped apprentice could get under her skin so easily. Not to mention her daughter saying she found it funny that she deserved respect. In all honesty Silver knew she didn’t deserve respect at all seeing how she left Widowpaw and her Siblings behind, but it was something that each clan member needed to show one another. “No I don’t. But that doesn’t make any difference. Whether I’m your biological mother or not, and no matter what problems we have with each other, EVERY clanmate needs to show mutual respect to there senior warriors.” Thinking back on that, Finchtail came to mind. Her and FearedJackal certainly could of shown more respect towards the senior warrior despite there issues at the time with him in the past. It was a bit funny to her that she was even having to bring up this lesson to young Widowpaw.

As the black striped apprentice stepped forward to face Silverscreech, she realized just how tiny her daughter actually was. But that was a good thing in the grey-white Tabbys mind. Even if she was small, she would be quicker on her paws in a battle against bigger opponents then most warriors. However she wasn’t sure if her daughter was aware of that.

Silverscreech met her eyes squarely with Widowpaw. Frowning at her daughter, she refused to show it, but a part of Silverscreech was afraid. She hid her fear well behind a wall of disappointment and sadness in her peircing yellow gaze. She stayed firm and calm as Widowpaw voiced her observations. Grey ears flicking curiously as she listened. Widowpaw made it sound like Silverscreech didn’t care at all about her kits at all just by her actions since returning. And it did seem that way…but they had no idea what she had really been feeling since she came home. Guilt, sadness, hate in herself, disappointment, fear, and most of all heartbreak. The only thing the grey-white striped warrior could do now was be honest with Widowpaw no matter how hard it was. “That may be true, but you don’t see or understand half of what’s been going through my mind…” Taking a step back from the black striped apprentice, she sat, curling her tail around her grey striped paws as she continued on with a sigh escaping her lips. “Trying to figure out what to say to you and your brothers and sister is hard for me. Not because I don’t care about all of you…but because I know no matter what I say, I don’t believe it is going to change the way you all feel about me.”

Silverscreech knew that deep down that was a possibility for all of them. She would have been surprised if any of her offspring cared to even forgive her much less try to form some kind of relationship with her. “Would you have even talked to me much less look in my direction if I had tried to approach you?” She asked curiously. She let that question linger before continuing. “I can say I’m sorry and mean it sincerely.. But I don’t think that’s going to change anything either. I had a good reason for leaving at the time. Believe it or not. Its something I’m not quite ready to explain yet since it’s a sore subject…” Silverscreech didn’t go further on the subject since she didn’t want Widowpaw to know yet the information about her grandfather Rootedwhispers betrayal within the clans. The least they knew right now on the subject, the better. And Silverscreech was still afraid wondering where he could be lurking right now ever since her mother in starclan warned her to keep a eye out for him.

It wasn’t surprising Widowpaw asked if there were more half siblings awaiting to appear and questioning if Silverscreech had any kits while away. Seeing as FearedJackal had in her absence. “No. No other half Siblings. I loved your father to much to move on to another mate.” She replied bluntly.
    Silverscreech gave a sad smile. No, she didn’t hold authority over her anymore since she left behind those rights when she abandoned them. And seeing she was almost a warrior just made her think on further how long she had truly been gone for. “11 months? I’ve seriously been gone that long? Feels longer…” she thought to herself.

Roach
    Participant

Widowpaw

’Is she seriously trying to lecture me on respecting my seniors? As if! Why show respect when they haven’t earned it?’ The Smokey charcoal tabby apprentice thought with a frown adorning her soft features. Though she bites her tongue, knowing that it would not help the situation any further. Huffing softly to herself as she was truly questioning her father’s intellect in making her deal with her mother. She knew that she was being cruel and hardheaded to Silverscreech, but what did her mother expect when she did not know the full story. To her, she just left with no explanation to Fearedjackal, Widowpaw had believed her to be dead! Now here she stands before her…it is a lot for her to take in. She wasn’t sure on how all of her other siblings felt on her return, besides that Dewpaw was just as bitter or even more so than herself.

Pale amber eyes narrowing as she closely observes Silver once more, the young molly could sense that Silverscreech was having an inner battle within herself, her yellow eyes revealed everything. Pursing her lips as she couldn’t help but feel content that her mom seemed to hold at least an ounce of guilt for abandoning her four kits. “Why shouldn’t we be angry! You aren’t giving us much of a reason not to! You need to own up to your mistakes not hide from them, just because our anger hurts your feelings” Widowpaw outright snarls, her striped tail rattling to signal her overwhelming emotions. “We will never be a big happy family and that’s on you and Fearedjackal” she spats, she couldn’t help but spill her frustration out into her words. Nothing would be the same, she had felt fulfilled with just her father and siblings, as that was her normal.

Now her supposed dead mother has returned from the grave, and now she has two younger half siblings to torture her. Just the thought of their existence bothered Widowpaw, when she knew that it shouldn’t. Fearedjackal knew what he was doing with that rogue, obviously it meant nothing, but how could he move on so fast from their mom? Especially when at the time of her finding out about her new siblings, she had still believed Silverscreech was dead. Of course, don’t get the easily riled up she-apprentice started on how her father handled the situation, as he seemed not to care for her or any of her actual siblings feelings, he just expected them to shut up and get on board.

Did he really know her at all then? Since when did she ever listen to those who try to control her without proper reasoning? Never. “It does not matter if I would have talked to you nevermind look at you. You didn’t even try” she bitterly adds as she glances away from Silverscreech once the older grey and white molly takes a few steps back. Clenching her jaw at the mention of her not even going to explain her disappearance, her heart squeezing painfully as she could not help but think that Silverscreech just did not value her enough to explain. ‘Tsk why should I care? It’s not my problem anyway. She left, not the other way around’ her inner voice reassures, cooling her rising temper to a simmering boil.

“Too bad we can’t say the same for him” she sarcastically drawls, distaste in her voice at mentioning her father, as she had no trouble showing just how much he was in her good graces at the moment, not like he cared much anyways. Turning her nose up as she gives a scrutinizing look over at her, “Hm find it surprising since you left so quickly” she hums out with a careless shrug. Her ears swirling in the others direction as she waits to see if Silverscreech has anything else to say before taking her leave. ‘Socializing is so exhausting’

Silverscreech
    Participant

The silver white tabby she-cat wasn’t quite sure how to handle her daughter Widowpaw as a mother. But she felt it was the right thing to do by lecturing Widowpaw to respect her elders. It was obvious to Silverscreech that her daughter was upset about being scolded just from the look on her face. And there was no doubt this annoyed her because Silverscreech was right on the matter. One to many times Silverscreech has also been put in her place about certain matters within the clan from her mate FearedJackal and Saplingskies. It had always irritated her. And Widowpaw’s reaction was no different from her own in the past. “Hopefully she learns to be humble.”, The silver warrior thought. However this was a long shot. Surely things were gonna get alot more chaotic as she tried to battle her kits behaviors. Knowing that they all showed traits from both Silver and Feared, this just made things more complicated. Because all of them were gonna be just as stubborn as they were.

A low deep growl formed in Silverscreech throat as her piercing yellow eyes narrowed at her daughters sudden outburst. The silver white warrior would have let it go…if she didn’t add in that she should own up to her mistakes. What did her daughter think she came back for??? To torture and taunt them with her return to the clan??? Of course not! Silverscreech wasn’t gonna yell…even though she wanted too. But enough was enough. Her silver fur raised slightly to show her irritation.”You may stay angry at me, but for no reason do you say I’m not owning up to my mistakes.” She replied sharply. Her yellow gaze bore into Widowpaw’s with a deep intensity, any pain she may have held in her eyes was replaced with pure distaste and anger. What Widowpaw had said was true about them not being a happy family. All that was lost when she left shadowclan. But even then, Widowpaw should eventually realize Silverscreech was trying to at least make it better then it was now. As for FearedJackal’s mistake, well that one she knew he was already owning up too and trying to rectify.

Closing her eyes, Silverscreech gave a deep sigh as she sat down curling her grey fluffy tail around her striped paws. “Your right. I didn’t talk to you first and I should have. And for that I’m sorry.” She replied calmly. The silver white she-cat felt it was better to admit it straight to her daughter then to cause another argument. Noticing her body language, the shadowclan warrior found it strange that Widowpaw would seem so upset about her not bringing up the reason why she left. Not when she just basically told her it was a hard issue to bring up at the moment. But she didn’t know that Widowpaw was the kind of cat who needed a explanation for every single thing someone decided do something. She also wasn’t aware that FearedJackal’s mistake had caused their kits to feel as if they were unloved. If she had known that, Silverscreech might have explained things to Widowpaw despite everything. But she truly felt it wasn’t a good time to go down that road.

She wasn’t sure why she was defending FearedJackal. It really would of been better for her to stay silent. But Silverscreech knew she needed to step in a bit to make a point of the anger Widowpaw was holding. “Your father made a mistake. Yes it hurts you, your brothers and your sister. And even me. But holding onto this anger forever isn’t going to make anything better.” She added. Taking in her daughters sarcastic comment, the silver white Warrior stayed silent with a unimpressed look on her face. “Don’t say anything back. Just adds fuel to the fire.” She told herself silently. Silverscreech knew just from Widowpaw’s body language alone that she was losing interest in holding this conversation any longer. The shadowclan warrior found it exhausting herself seeing since she knew she had 3 other kits to talk too. “Well I’ll leave you to get back to your duties. I’m gonna go find your other siblings.” She mewed casually. Getting up, Silverscreech looked back at her daughter before slowly pushing through some nearby bushes. “If you need to find me, I’ll be out walking the territory for awhile.” With that said, she turned away and disappeared through the brush, leaving Widowpaw to her thoughts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ShadowClan ShadowClan Camp Mama Dearest [Title Pending] (SilverxWidow)