Skip to toolbar

Love to Keep Us Warm [Snowy & Honey]

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest Love to Keep Us Warm [Snowy & Honey]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash padded alongside SnowyOwl, gently draping his thickly furred tail along her back to keep her warm. The cozy scent of milk clung heavily to her fur, and her rounded belly was laiden with kits. Everything seemed to be going well, according to Saffrongaze. SnowyOwl was young, healthy and handling the pregnancy well.

Frankly, he was still shocked and amazed. He was going to be a father. ‘I hope I can do better,‘ he thought. His own father had been a horrible tom, and a cassanova like himself. However, his promiscuous ways didn’t cease after their birth. He and Firestar both cursed his existence. ‘Suppose that’s setting the branch pretty low,‘ he acknowledged wryly.

A cold wind rushed through the trees, sending snow splattering to the ground. He pressed close to SnowyOwl, shielding her from the falling powder. “Are you okay?” he asked, peering into her brilliant eyes. His ears flushed with warmth as his golden eyes roamed across her beautiful features. “Y-You’re so beautiful,” he stammered, touching his nose gently to hers. “It’s really cold, we can  head back if you’d like. I don’t want to push you beyond your comfort,” he traced her side with his tail.

He and his mate had taken to noon strolls near the camp. Once SnowyOwl kitted, she’d be mostly confined to camp while caring for the kits. So, this would likely be their last opportunity for privacy for some moons. ‘I’ll miss this,‘ he thought somberly. Being alone with her kept his sanity in check. ‘I hope things will be like this again, once they’re older…

Courtesy of Mairu Doggy, Deviant Art
    Feared
    Participant

Snowyowl ~ SkyClan Queen

This was almost over. She was getting closer and closer to her delivery and she was getting anxious and excited at the same time. Or was it the same feeling? She couldn’t be sure, but her stomach was so round that she felt like a little snowball that could be rolled upon the ground in order to get where she needed to be. It was almost uncomfortable trying to curl up in her nest at night and all she did was eat. Although that was normal for queens, she hadn’t been much of an eater before her pregnancy and she worried that it made her look fat and lazy to all the others. But one thing she could count on was the afternoon strolls that Honeysplash would take with her. Honeysplash. Her mate had been acting a bit odd as of late as she got closer and closer to the delivery but she knew it was because he felt uneasy about being a father. He wasn’t ready but she was, although she wouldn’t push him into the role. If he needed to take a step back then she would understand. But for two moons he hadn’t stepped back once and she was utterly thankful. She needed him more than he may realize.

Her canary yellow eyes were slowly roaming around the snow blanketed forest floor, her long tail swaying behind her as she smiled softly to herself. Her kittens would be Leaf-Bare kits. Pressing her lips together for a moment as her paper-thin ears twitched upon her head before her bright yellow eyes flickered towards the golden honey colored tomcat as he suddenly stood in front of her, keeping her free from the snow dusting that was falling from the branches. She hadn’t even noticed. Rubbery white lips lifted in a soft smile as she gave an earnest smile and licked just below his chin. “Yes, I’m fine.” Her voice was soft as her eyes gazed up into his much golden toned eyes. His words made her cheeks heat up but her smile widened. At least someone still found her beautiful when she felt like a pregnant rabbit. “Thank you.” Snowyowl purred immediately, her tail swaying to and fro leisurely, expressing her relaxed state. Their noses touched and she smiled softly as he pressed their bodies together to keep her tail as his tail traced along her side. “It’s a little cold but I am enjoying getting out of camp. I’ll be honest I feel really useless.” She admitted with a soft but nervous laugh. How long had she wished to be pregnant and now that she was.. she wished she could be hunting? Maybe it was just her feeling restless?

Clearing her throat, she gazed back up at Honeysplash to see his thoughtful expression and she smiled and moved to rub her white furred cheek against his neck. “How’re you doing today?” She asked in a gentle voice, she still had concerns that he would take a few steps back from their little family but she always made a point to check his mental health. Firestar was rather supportive of her pregnancy and in some odd way the leader seemed thrilled for nieces and nephews. Snowyowl was grateful for that, she didn’t have any family but her brother to share this with and he really couldn’t care less about her pregnancy.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash chuckled, giving SnowyOwl a gentle push with his flank. “You’re fine, Snowy,” he purred. “You’re doing something honorable. You’re bringing life into the world, and I sure as Starclan can’t do that.” He nuzzled her ear, feeling warm with emotions. “Things will be back to normal before you know it. You’re welcome to take the time to enjoy things here and now.

They walked in silence for a few moments, before Snowyowl spoke again. He rolled his shoulders, paws prickling at the question. He appreciated her inquiries, but he wasn’t fully comfortable sharing his thoughts and feelings. It wasn’t personal, of course. But it was a foreign concept to him. ‘And a foreign concept to Firestar,‘ he thought, lips pulling into a straight line.

I think I’m okay,” he mewed quietly. “I’m worried for you, and worried for our kits being born in leaf-bare. What if they get sick, what if the prey becomes too scarce…” he glanced away, uncomfortable at the thought. “I want everyone to be healthy, and I want to see them grow up strong.” He snorted, feeling amused. “I guess these are all the normal worries a parent faces, right?

Although his paws itched to continue further into the icy woods, he lead them in a loop. They’d circle the camp before returning, giving them ample time to wander without being too far from the clan. “Sometimes, I wonder if you’re happy with me,” he mewed softly, barely loud enough to hear. “There’s plenty of other toms in the clan who are smarter and kinder than I. I’m brash and emotional, qualities most have grown out of by my age.” His throat tightened a bit, making his voice squeak, “I wouldn’t blame you if you sought a more … agreeable companion. But, I-I’d miss you, terribly.

His tail gently brushed her side as he turned to look at her. “Please, never leave me. I don’t know what I’d do without you,” he whispered. “I’m excited for our kits, but if something happened and you … Well, you know. I just …” he trailed off, tears welling at the corners of his eyes.

Feared
    Participant

Snowyowl ~ SkyClan Queen

She rolled her eyes and smirked as she looked back at her mate, her long white tail gently stroking along his side. “I’m so round that I could be rolled on the ground and used to dust snow all around the nursery.” Snowyowl laughed softly, ears pressed down against her cranium in amusement as her tail curled against her back as she cleared her throat. Yes, she was large and very pregnant, but she would be lying if she said she didn’t enjoy the feeling of little kittens growing within her. Honeysplash’s kittens no less. She looked at her mate as he shrugged her question, letting her bright yellow eyes flash towards him as she could sense his hesitation but she couldn’t blame him. Honeysplash seemed like an outgoing and vibrant male but he liked to keep things to himself, most importantly his feelings. But she was slowly chipping away at that wall that he kept up in her way. He was slowly talking to her.

Snowyowl swore her stomach fluttered when he spoke, he always thought of the negatives in every situation, but she knew he had every right to feel concerned. It was a little nerve wrecking to have kits in the worst season for prey, but so far she was eating enough and Saffrongaze had no quarrels about whether Snowyowl was healthy or not. Their kits were just fine. “That’s right. Those are normal worries for parents.” She smiled softly, looking up at him with a tender gaze as her black speckled paws moved silently against the soft snow under paw. “Well I’m glad that I have such a good mate that’s thinking of these things. I know that I’ll be kept well fed and so will our kits.” She purred at the idea, pressing her lips together for a moment. He was right though. What if there wasn’t enough food? Then she would eat all that she could until the kits were weaned off and then they would…. she blinked out of her thoughts. He was getting her thinking and she looked towards Honeysplash as she shook her head but smiled softly as she licked his shoulder blade.

Although as they walked, Honeysplash was getting soft and his voice was suddenly sad as he spoke. Causing her to turn her chin towards the tomcat as he seemed to be speaking with insanities. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing, blinking in complete surprise and her ears standing upright as she turned her head in order to gaze at his facial expression. He didn’t think she was happy? They had their ups and downs but no relationship was perfect. Was this his way of saying he wanted out of being her mate..? She swallowed the lump in her throat and smiled hesitantly, shaking her head. “Honeysplash..” She said softly but he was continuing to speak and she didn’t have the heart to interrupt him. He really was over thinking. Her heart was racing within her small chest as he brushed his tail against her side and asked her to never leave him.

“Hey… come here.” The white furred molly purred as she walked closer to him, rubbing her cheek against his chest as she sat down underneath his chin. Her side resting against his chest as she gently licking his neck and his chin. “I know the past two moons have been stressful on us both and sometimes we don’t always see eye to eye.” She started, her cheek resting against his chest as she breathed in his familiar scent. “But you are my mate, Honeysplash. The father to my kits and I don’t plan on changing that anytime soon.” She promises as she looks up at him with a tenderness to her yellow gaze. “You can’t get rid of me that easily, love. Don’t dwell so much on all the bad things that can happen. I will be fine and so will our kits.” She said in a soothing tone as she nuzzled the top of her head under his chin, his warmth was more than welcome. “I love you, Honeysplash. I don’t want any other tomcat in the clan, I want you. If you’ll have me.” She smiled, the little pregnant molly gazing up at the large golden and white splashed tomcat.

Lux
    Participant

Honeysplash leaned into her, drowning himself in white, downy fur. He breathed in, unphased by the fluff tickling the tip of his nose. She was warm and soft, and smelled faintly of the cozy Skyclan nursery. It was comforting, but also foreign. ‘I’m not prepared for this,‘ he thought, somewhat sorrowfully. ‘But would I have ever been? Starclan please, let me be an okay father.

A bright red cardinal alarmed nearby, pulling him from his thoughts. Snowyowl was right, he shouldn’t dwell on the bad. Instead, he should live in the here and now, with her. He pulled a whisker-length or two away, his eyes still glossed with tears.

You’re too kind to me,” he whispered. “I know, I can be such an ass. But I really do love you, Snowy. Starclan knows I don’t deserve you.” His ears swiveled back, his fears unabated. “I trust you, I’m sure everything will be okay. But … I can’t stop worrying.” He gave her a toothy smirk, “It’s my turn to do some of the worrying, right?” His white tip tail flicked her flank playfully as he referred to his mate’s habit to stress. Usually, he was the one giving her the grief. Not the other way around. Although, his escapades had grown much more tame since her pregnancy and Firestar’s leadership.

He looked up at the sky, noting that the sun had gone past its highest point. It’d grow chilly soon. “Would you like to start back?” he mewed softly, giving her ear a quick lick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory Birch Forest Love to Keep Us Warm [Snowy & Honey]