Skip to toolbar

Love Language (Wasp/Screech)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Warrior’s Den Love Language (Wasp/Screech)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

As soon as Smallscreech scented the rain on the breeze, he knew exactly why someone was trying to trade shifts with him. Today was supposed to be his rest day, but he knew that rainy patrols were no fun for anyone. It was easy to get him to go. All they had to do was make up some sort of sob story or say that the moisture made their joints ache. Smallscreech was a spry and rather young warrior still, with plenty of energy to last until he was a hundred moons. More than that, he was a bleeding heart that was maybe a little too gullible. The dawn was miserable and dark. It lacked its usual vesper shine to make way for dreary morning cloudburst. The trees were slippery and the hunting trail was slick with mud. The prey had retreated to their homes for the morning, preferring to be snug in their nests rather than out here in the cold. He wished he was back home, too. He wanted to be snuggled down in his nest and listen to the rise and fall of the sleepy figures around him. Today, no one was willing to joke or mess around. Their mission was to go out, collect something to eat, and return to camp. He couldn’t blame their desire to be quick.

Although he couldn’t rely on scents, Smallscreech eventually found enough to call it a day. He had found a nest of quails with fat breasts hunkered down in between two thickets. He managed to dispatch three before the rest scampered away. He didn’t care enough to give chase, not with the wind blowing rain droplets like shards into his eyes. No, he had what he came for, and he wanted to make one more stop, even in this weather. Blueberry bushes were easy enough to find in greenleaf, and he only needed a few. When he returned to camp, he deposited two of the quails into the safety of the fresh-kill pile. He kept the last one, as well as his sprig of berries, for himself. He deserved it. He caught it, and the rest of the patrol brought back enough for the Clan. He cleaned his kill diligently under the protection of a low-hanging tree. Quail feathers came out much more easily than a songbird. Its buttery skin gave up the quick generously, until its wings and breast shone bare. With a purr, Smallscreech proudly slipped into the Warriors’ Den again.

There were a few cats still left in the den, but the space was large enough to pad around them to get where he needed to go. It wasn’t like the apprentices’ den, where he had felt like he was being squashed. When he found who he was searching for, his yellow-green eyes softened. He shook his pelt out away from where Waspfrost still slept, his folded ears flopping against his narrow face, before he approached. He gently lay his spoils at the edge of the nest of soft moss and insulating bracken. A gentle purr rolled from his throat as he settled down a pawstep away, close enough for his voice to be private but far away enough to where he didn’t look needy. Not that he was. This was a gift…for a friend that was dear to him, and who was going to be scarce around here soon. He ignored the ache he felt at that realization. He preferred to live in the present rather than worry about things that have not yet come to pass, and Waspfrost needed to eat. “Hey, Stinger,” he whispered. “It’s almost noon. The day will slip out from under you soon.”

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Today had been his day that he was supposed to join the mid-morning patrol in the rain. Which he would have, but why in Starclan would he do that if he knew there was someone who was more than willing to take his shift? Hadn’t been hard, a little bat of his eyelashes and a soft plead in order to stay dry from the monsoon that was happening out of the den. Smallscreech had given in to his pleas, taking his place on the hunting patrol while he stayed inside the den, warm and dry. Waspfrost was curled tightly within his nest, his nose neatly tucked against the side of the soft and dry moss nest, his long black striped tail lightly resting over his muzzle. From within his slumber a small headache was beginning to form, both from the weather and from his physical health issues. The prospect of food didn’t even seem appealing to him at the moment, but then again he also wasn’t going to leave the den unless he absolutely needed to.

Ears twitched as a familiar deep voice reached through his dreams, humming softly for a moment before the voice reappeared. Slowly the tomcat began to stir, whiskers flattening against his cheeks as he yawned. “Five more minutes.” Waspfrost groaned, shifting in his nest to where his slim back was now facing Smallscreech. Wiggling his small body into the comfort of his nest, he whined as Screech prodded for him to get up. “Why?” He asked drowsily, sitting up slightly before he flopped onto his side and leaned back for his yellow eyes to land upon the handsome face of Screech. He had to admit… it was a rather nice view to wake up to. Pushing past that thought, he grumbled. “You smell like wet dog.” He smirked, before looking away and stretching out his limbs. “Why don’t you nap with me?” Wasp teased, lifting a dainty paw to lightly prod at Screech’s folded ears. Lordy he loved those ears, not to mention the flushed expression Screech wore every single time they were touched.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by Feared.
    Phena
    Participant

» SMALLSCREECH «

SkyClan Warrior

Screech waited patiently for signs of consciousness after he tried to verbally wake Waspfrost. It was unclear to tell if he had heard him or if he was trying to ignore him. So, Screech prodded his side sharply, and he smirked as the smoky tomcat was finally roused. “No chance,” he purred as Wasp pleaded for five more minutes. Ah, he looked adorable right now. The warrior was acting so pathetic about getting up. He spoke as if getting up would send him to an early grave when Screech was trying to prevent one! “You need to eat,” he chuckled softly. He motioned to the quail and sprig of berries. “I was out anyway, so I thought I’d bring you something, lazy bones.” 

The brunet warrior scoffed as Waspfrost played with his ears again. He made a face; a secret attempt to act as though the mere brush of him wasn’t enough to set his heart aflutter. He felt the warm embarrassment creep up on him before he could stop it. Playfully, he clicked his teeth at Waspfrost’s paw as a threat to bite it. “What, so you can smell like wet dog?” He smirked at Wasp fondly. He was tempted to crawl in there and curl up at his side, but to be so close to him…was intimidating. His ears blushed deeply and he looked away bashfully. “Don’t be dumb, just eat your damn breakfast.”

“Destiny isn't a path any cat follows blindly. It is always a matter of choice, and sometimes the heart speaks loudest. Listen to your heart, because that's where your true destiny lies.”
    - Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Another high pitched whine left his lips as he was told to get up numerous times, golden eyes staring up at the ceiling. “I’ve decided you just want me to live in misery.” Waspfrost slowly nodded, chin tilting in order for his eyes to land upon Screech, who appeared simply amused with his behavior. “And if I don’t wanna?” He hinted at not eating, but even he knew that would be stupid. Casually his eyes landed upon the quail to see the feathers had already been plucked and the buttery skin was on full display. “Ooo.” He hummed in appreciation; that was until he noticed the sprig of berries, his eyes suddenly lighting up as his paw reached out for the delicious little sweet treat. “Gimmie.” He hummed, pulling it close enough to where he plucked a round Berry from the sprig, munching happily away. “Mmmm.” He moaned in delight, eyes closing as he savored the sweet taste of the Berry before looking at Screech. “Thank you, my wee minion.” Wasp chimed with a smile, his teeth purple from the Berry.

Screech had clicked his teeth to act like he would bite at Wasp’s paw, biting his tongue from teasing his companion even further, he huffed and looked back down at the quail. “That is very true, I can’t afford to smell like wet dog.” He agreed somberly, although he was already dragging the bird closer to him, just the scent of food made his stomach gurgle. Clearly he had waited too long to eat, but Screech had the perfect solution to that. “I’m not dumb.” He snapped, looking back at Screech as the other tomcat refused to look at him. “But you are.” Wasp grinned as he reached up and lightly batted at those folded ears before pressing his nose against Screech’s shoulder. “But really… thank you for breakfast.” Wasp hummed softly, staying there a moment longer than he knew he really should. Screech was warm and his scent was inviting, even if he wasn’t. Signing softly he moved away to lay back down in his nest, using his teeth to nip the skin away as he began to bite into the buttery meat, humming in appreciation. He needed this. “Want some?” Wasp asked around a mouthful.

Phena
    Participant

» SMALLSCREECH «

SkyClan Warrior 

The banter back and forth between them was nice. It was worth hunting in the rain or even waking up at the crack of dawn. It was worth the feeling of exhaustion in his bones as he finally settled back down and smirked as he felt his friend play with his ears again. This time, a soft purr escaped his throat as his smooth paws touched the silken edge of his ear. He almost leaned into it, but he stopped himself at the last moment. “You’re welcome,” Smallscreech mewed genuinely, settling his head on his paws as he watched Waspfrost dig into his meal.

He would miss this. He knew he shouldn’t be so dramatic about this, bur truly the concept of being alone for days without Waspfrost was unnerving. Who was going to remind Wasp to eat or take his cinnamon? Who was going to bat at his tail and pretend to be annoyed when the same mischief was returned? Smallscreech’s lime hues grew gentle as he watched Waspfrost with a dopey smile. The milky morning light shone handsomely on Waspfrost’s black fur, and his features were extraordinarily sweet when no one is was looking. Screech blinked the glassy gaze he had away at the last moment and he cleared his throat. “Sure,” he mewed softly. He tore off a bite of the bird and nibbled it between his paws. He gently dissected the bones from the flesh and frowned when he found a leftover feather. “Bleh. I thought I got all of them this time,” he whined to himself.

Then, to Waspfrost, he cast a small smile to his friend. “So, what’s on the big agenda for today, Stinger?” He wouldn’t admit that he was looking for a way to fit into the tom’s schedule, buut…he definitely was.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He was too busy chewing up his food to realize the soft look that Smallscreech was giving him. The way his facial features relaxed and the wistful stare, it went right over Waspfrost’s head. Right now the gurgle in his stomach told him that he needed to eat and the way the den was slowly swaying in his sight meant that he was late getting his daily dose of the nasty cinnamon stick. “Mmmm. So good.” He hummed in appreciation, looking down at the bird between his paws. Honestly he didn’t know where he would be without Smallscreech, probably six foot under somewhere. Clearing his throat, he turned towards Screech and pushed the bird in his friends direction so that he could enjoy the taste of his morning catch.

“I’m glad you got the feather this time.” Waspfrost teased lightly, lowering his chin to lick at his dark black and grey chest fur. Although he quickly stopped that when his head began swimming, causing him to momentarily frown. He wouldn’t be able to postpone getting his medicine much longer, but he still ignored it as he turned to look at Smallscreech as he was questioned about his day. “Uhhhhh.” He hummed thoughtfully, he knew something was going today. Other than Smallscreech, Auroraskies was the only other clanmate that knew he was leaving. And she was putting him through the ringer! Making sure he knew what to eat and what he couldn’t eat with his diet, where he could find cinnamon in the city. Not to mention the daily exercises were killing him. Ah! Groaning he dropped his face into his paws, laying his cheek against his soft moss nest. “I think Auroraskies wanted me to meet her at the stream today. I thinks it’s another swimming lesson.” He whined softly, closing his eyes. “I just want to sleep.” Waspfrost groaned. In truth, he only had three more days left before he had to leave.

Phena
    Participant

» SMALLSCREECH «

SkyClan Warrior 

To be honest, Smallscreech wasn’t all that hungry, but he ate so he wouldn’t have to hear that he was a hypocrite. His appetite was poor in the morning, but that wasn’t an excuse he wanted to give Waspfrost when he could die from skipping a morning meal. The warrior stuffed his face with his small portion and tried to hide his grimace when Waspfrost moved the bird closer. Although he was grateful for the gesture, he didn’t want to take away from Waspfrost’s nutrition. Screech wanted him to eat most of it, especially the berries. As Waspfrost recalled his plans, Smallscreech felt a small pang of disappointment. He was hoping to catch him on a day with nothing going on, but he supposed with the trip in a few days, he should be happy that Auroraskies was preparing him. Whatever gets him back in one piece, Smallscreech thought forlornly.

I don’t want to think about that. Change the subject. Smallscreech cast a small smirk his direction. “Aww, you poor baby,” the tom taunted him. “It must be so hard to have friends who love you and care about your well-being.” He wiped a paw under his eyes as though he were flicking away tears, then blinked as he noticed the other grow wobblier by the second.

“Ah, Waspfrost,” he chided him softly. “You need to stop waiting until the last second to take your medicine.” Smallscreech frowned and rose to his paws. He brushed his nose against the other’s cheek to gain his attention in case he was growing weaker or more absent-minded. “Hey, I can go get it from Speckledmoss for you, okay? Do you feel sick?” His lime eyes grew intense with concern as he expressed his affection through mothering his friend. Then, to lighten the mood again, he smirked and flicked his bobbed tail. “How many tails am I holding up?”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Phena.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

One eye opened to gaze at Smallscreech as the other tomcat seemed to be taunting him about how Auroraskies had been on his tail lately about my being prepared to be on his own. Nose scrunching slightly, he rolled those canary yellow eyes to the heavens. “If you were an actual friend you would hide me from her.” Waspfrost snickered, lifting a small paw and lightly smacking Screech’s shoulder blade. “I don’t even think there’s any running water in the town. I don’t know why I have to even…” He was mumbling to himself as he stayed curled within his nest. He really didn’t want to get up, for whatever reason he was more than resigned to stay within his nest. Even skipping out on his medicine. Nose and cheek against the moss lining of his nest, he released a soft breath as he willed for sleep to come back back. But Screech wasn’t having it.

Frowning faintly he let out a soft grunt as Smallscreech seemed to quickly catch on. “I’ll be fine. I just want to sleep.” He whined, his tail tip twitching with annoyance. For now he was drowsy because he hadn’t taken his medicine. Yellow eyes finally opened and found Smallscreech as the other tomcat stood and brushed his nose against his cheek, causing the flesh to burn from the contact. Pupils narrowing faintly as he glared at the other male, sleep wouldn’t come easy if he was gonna be pestered. Nostrils flared as he released a soft huff from his nostrils, slowly lifting his head. “Yeah..” He mumbled, clearly not registering the question at first. Shaking his head, he cleared his throat. “Yeah if you could go get it for me then that would be fine.” He nodded with a hum. “I don’t feel sick, just sleepy.” He whined, leaning towards Screech as he laid his head against his friends leg. “Just let me sleep and hide.” He laughed lightly, eyes closing again.

Smallscreech was being cheeky and even went as far as to ask how many tails he was holding up. Waspfrost wasn’t going to admit that question had actually confused him a time or two when he was sick. Smirking slightly, the slender Tom shifted in his nest to where his paw lightly patted at the short cropped Bear like tail. “One cute little fuzzy tail.” Waspfrost hummed, his head swimming as he laid there for a moment. “I need that stick now.” Waspfrost decided, brows furrowed slightly from the chatter outside the den.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Smallscreech scoffed as Waspfrost questioned his friendship. He placed a paw on his chest and blinked with theatrical irritation. “It’s not enough that I bring you breakfast in bed and give you my undivided attention several times a day?” He smirked and raised a brow at his friend as Waspfrost lightly smacked his shoulder. “Ouch. And what I am supposed to do when she comes in here to look for you? Fight her off? You’re high.” Screech laughed at that. “I would not be caught dead trying to square up with Auroraskies, especially for such an ungrateful asshole like you.” 

Screech frowned as he tried to go back to sleep. What if he went to sleep and didn’t wake back up? All because he didn’t take his medicine? Would that even happen if he missed out on it once? He worried his lip with his teeth and gazed sadly at his friend. He had no problem with annoying Waspfrost, and he knew it. He would annoy him all day if only to get what he wanted: for Waspfrost to live a happy and healthy life. When the other finally gave him his blessing to fetch his cinnamon, Screech sighed in relief and rose to his paws. “Alright, I’ll be right back. Don’t die.”

He resisted the urge to rasp his tongue comfortingly over the other’s ears and fled the den before he could entertain that thought any further. His stomach was abuzz with nerves as he retrieved the medicine from Speckledmoss after he had first fetched some water-soaked moss. It was easy enough to find now that the rain was coming down in droves. The moss was extra and not really needed for Waspfrost to take his medicine, but he knew just how much his friend hated the taste of cinnamon. It would make this dreaded part of the day a little easier. He hurried back to Waspfrost, once again soaked. The rain weighed his fur down sleekly as he approached his friend and dropped the medicine at his paws as well as the moss. “There. I fed you, got you your medicine and some water…Is there anything else I can do for you, my sweet prince?” He joked, bowing lowly and tauntingly as though Waspfrost was something special…even if he really was.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

He couldn’t believe that Smallscreech would not square up against Auroraskies as a means to keep him from having to swim today. Huffing slightly, he laid on his back and watched the ceiling as Smallscreech hurried out of the den to fetch his medicine. Damn, he really hated the taste of cinnamon. But he couldn’t argue that it didn’t worked! Between the medicine and the meals, he was a hell of a lot healthier than when he had been roaming the streets. In truth he was a little nervous about venturing so far from home, without his trusty Smallscreech to help take care of him. Upon hearing paws scuffle against the ground, he was broken away from his train of thought and turned in order for his eyes to land upon Screech. “Hey.” He purred upon seeing his best friend, twisting in the nest to where he was now sitting on his stomach. “See, not dead.” He winked, although his movements were slow and sluggish.

His nose wrinkled as he noticed that Screech was drenched once again, using a paw to feebly push the other tomcat away from him so he didn’t get wet. Instead now he was glaring down at the half broken cinnamon stick that he needed to devour. “Can you eat this for me?” He whined, ears back against his head before he reluctantly picked up the stalk. Chewing on the stick, he coughed a few times as the strong spice made its way down his throat, eyes watering slightly as he continued to chew the never ending stick. Chewing and chewing, he looked down at the moss ball that was pushed his way, blinking his silent thanks as he chewed the last remaining mouthfuls. Finally swallowing the horrid spice, he picked up the moss ball and began to chew on the moss, drinking up the water before he spat out the faintly damp moss ball. “Thanks.” He croaked, frowning and smacking his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

He smirked as Smallscreech continued to taunt him, his yellow eyes sleepy as he reached for a precious Berry that had been brought to him. How could he have forgotten? He loved berries. More than Speckledmoss wanted him too, always gave him a sugar high that was either good for him or bad for his blood sugar. But he didn’t give a damn. SkyClan would burn before he ever gave up berries. “In fact.” He perked up as Smallscreech asked if there was anything else he desire. “Roll on the ground three times and bark like a dog.” Waspfrost preened as he chewed on his Berry, the sweet taste dousing the scorching cinnamon. “Also… if you see a handsome Tom. Send him my way.” He winked, obviously teasing Smallscreech. His friend always got wound up when Waspfrost flaunted his sexuality. “But on another note… it’s raining. So I’m not leaving the den, Auroraskies can swim back to camp.” He laughed softly, stretching out in his nest and humming. “You might not be needed after all.” Waspfrost poked at Smallscreech’s side, his eyes still heavy.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Smallscreech finally took a moment to resituate himself. Water was dripping onto the den floor and he knew better than to shake himself out and risk hitting other innocent, sleeping warriors. Instead, he drew his tongue over his thick fur and squeezed out as much of the water as he could. Rhythmic licks worked to remove the rain and fluff up his pelt until he looked like a half-drowned kit, with his fur spiking up at all angles and still sticking together despite his efforts. When Waspfrost whined about taking his medicine, he returned his attention to the black tom. His eyes were gentle and he released a tiny purr for him. “I wish I could,” he mewed genuinely. “But you have to eat it so you don’t feel so poor.” The moment, however, was broken once his best friend mewed something about making him bark like a dog. Smallscreech blinked at him flatly, making a face. “Or I could just shove it down your throat,” he offered with a playful growl.

Screech blushed deeply as the other started drawling about a cute tom. A mixture of jealousy and bashfulness overcame him. “Yeah, if I see Firestar, I’ll send him in here,” he joked with scoff. He still couldn’t believe he actually believed that Waspfrost and Firestar had been an item. Then again, he hadn’t really been thinking straight. Waspfrost always made him feel like his thoughts were constantly flying away from him. It was a wonder he still knew his name at all when he stared into those hauntingly handsome yellow eyes. “For now, I’ll keep his seat warm.” With a smirk, he crawled into the nest with him and stretched out to cuddle close. He shivered lightly from the way the rain had made his skin icy, and Waspfrost’s body heat helped him. He curled into a tight ball and drew his paws over his nose to keep it warm. He was relieved that the work out was being postponed; now he wouldn’t have to worry about Waspfrost’s allergies acting up…Or hearing him complain when he came home…Or having Waspfrost’s presence escape him earlier than he planned. He purred as Waspfrost with glittering lime eyes, a soft tease leaving his lips.

“I’ll make myself needed, Stinger. Don’t you worry.”

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Smacking his lips, he hated the spicy taste that was left behind because of the cinnamon, shifting in his nest to where he was now laying on his back, small paws against his slim chest. At times like this, he felt better when laying on his back, blinking slowly as the sound of the rain landing on top of the den was making him drowsy. “That’s just rude.” He huffed as Smallscreech flatly snickered that he would simply shove the cinnamon down his throat. Tail curling up against his inner thigh as he began to hum, it was tuneless and random, his mind wandering. Lips parted as a yawn slipped from him, ears pinned back against his head for a moment before he looked over at Screech as he spoke.

Grinning he couldn’t help but laugh lightly, although Firestar was exactly his type. “Hmmm.” Waspfrost hummed thoughtfully, eyes returning to watch the ceiling of the den as he chose not to say anything. “You are just gullible.” He giggled, shaking his head from amusement. Smallscreech would’ve continued to believe that silly lie of Auroraskies hadn’t put him straight. Thinking about it, he pouted as the fun was ruined before it could really begin. “Huh?” He blinked as Screech teased that he would keep the handsome tom’s seat warm, his cheeks warming up before he noticed that his friend was trying to scoot into his nest. “Oi, I don’t think so. You are still damp!” He whined, head leaning back against the moss ridge with a pout as Smallscreech wiggled his way into the dry moss nest. “Butt sniffer.” He mumbled the curse.

Smallscreech was getting comfortable while he was just laying there staring at the ceiling, his mind wandering to everything he had to plan and search for. Right now he was feeling slightly over whelmed but he would do as he was told. Humming softly as Screech spoke, lifting a paw to lightly place it over Screech’s muzzle as if to keep him quiet. “You just ruined my fantasy.” He teased, removing his paw and placing it back on his chest with a click of his tongue. “Now I have to pee.” He laughed, turning on his back to gaze out of the den to see the rain and made a face. “But… not yet.” He whined, closing his eyes and leaning his head against Screech’s shoulder.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

“I know, that’s why I’m coming in,” Screech snapped back when Waspfrost protested against him climbing in the bed. It wasn’t the first time the two had gotten close, and if Smallscreech had his way it wouldn’t be the last. Waspfrost’s scent surrounding him was something that calmed him and made him feel secure. Especially now with the date of his friend leaving coming sooner, he was feeling more clingy. Distraught. He chuckled as his friend cursed at him. “Shut up, you’ll live,” the brunet warrior instructed. He had to admit that his babbling was ruining the mood, as Waspfrost pointed out. Was there even a mood to ruin? What was ‘the mood’? Screech felt his mouth dry and his heart pulse rapidly. Was he being obvious? He felt like he was. Smallscreech was grateful when his friend took control of the situation and muffled his words with a well-placed paw. His ears burned like fire and spread to his cheeks, but the loud purr that vibrated from him showed that he did not mind the change.

The warrior cleared his throat shyly and rolled his eyes. “Now, I can’t help you with that,” Screech mewed, then smiled as Wasp cuddled closer. His head was on Screech’s shoulder and his nose was filled with a sense of sweetness. He couldn’t place it, it wasn’t anything like what one could find in the forest, but it was so welcome it ached. The spiciness from the cinnamon mixing with a decadent sweetness that Screech could not find from anyone else was ironically fitting for his sharp-tongued, but secretly warm-hearted, friend. He softened then, allowing himself to settle his cheek along the other’s skull. He closed his eyes and for several moments all one could hear was the absolute violence of Screech’s raspy purr. Until he allowed himself to voice a deep secret, even if it wasn’t a whole-truth. “I’m going to miss you.” One could miss a friend, but the loss he would feel from Waspfrost’s absence ventured into a dangerous territory that Screech was terrified to explore.

- Leafpool

Feared
    Participant

Waspfrost

Warrior of SkyClan

Everyone knew that Waspfrost and Smallscreech were best friends, it was obvious. But what wasn’t obvious to Waspfrost was his best friends feelings, they never really were on full broadcast. Although Screech’s fur was still slightly damp, he was nice and cool to the touch and that’s exactly what he was looking for right now. The two tomcats were cuddled up against one another, the fierce sound of Smallscreech’s purr helped settle his unease while he hummed softly and closed his eyes while leaning into his friend. “You could try.” He mumbled into Smallscreech’s fur, but then soon laughed at the notion. If anyone could pee for him, he would never get out of his nest again.

Since day one he had been attached to Smallscreech’s side, whether he liked it or not, he wouldn’t ever admit that he was very dependent on his best friend. But now for at least a moon, he wouldn’t have Screech constant babble in his ear to watch over his health. He chose not to ruin the silence between the two of them, a sleepy atmosphere settling in as he slowly rubbed his nose into Screech’s shoulder blade. Ear twitching as his friend spoke, grinning slightly as he lazily wrapped a paw around Smallscreech’s shoulders. “I know, how could you not.” He teased, grinning as he hugged Smallscreech for a moment before retracting the paw.

“I’m gonna miss you, too.” Waspfrost hummed softly, his eyes closed and his face pointed away from Smallscreech. Smallscreech had no idea just how much this little Tom was going to miss his friend, oh how desperately he wanted to pack him away and just drag him along. Cheeks burning from his absurd thoughts, he cleared his throat and sighed as he lightly nipped Screech’s shoulder. “I expect an entire sprig of berries when I return and I don’t even want to hear the word cinnamon mention.” Waspfrost grinned, leaning back to where he was now looking up at Smallscreech. “I also don’t want to find a lump of your fur in my nest.” He teased with a blank blink.

Phena
    Participant

» Smallscreech «

SkyClan Warrior

Oh, he felt as though he were lounging on a cloud in this moment. He wasn’t expecting it, but how Waspfrost admitted he would miss him too was undeniably wonderful. It was validating. It was exciting. Don’t think too much into it, Smallscreech settled his fleeting heart. He likes toms, but our relationship is just friendship. I don’t look like Firestar…How could he ever feel that way about me? His doubts sprang forward to capture his delusions and bring him back to reality, but he didn’t want to surrender to it. Perhaps his adversity to talking about sexuality had little to do with his inexperience, but rather to do with facing rejection. The thought of Waspfrost ever catching onto his feelings made him want to crawl into the nearest hole and pass away. Not only that,  but so many things would change if he tainted what they had with more intimate feelings. He couldn’t bear them growing apart from awkwardness, not when Waspfrost was pretty much his only friend.

Being an adult is so hard, Smallscreech thought with a sigh that mingled with Waspfrost’s. When Wasp looked up at him with those big yellow eyes, he felt his knees turn to jelly. He embraced the small tom with equal desire, his lime hues sparkling with amusement as Waspfrost demanded berries when he returned. “I’ll bring you the entire bush,” he promised, his tone filled with doting warmth. “Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries…Any berry you want. Swear.” He grinned just as wide and he chuckled a little at the sleepy tom’s tease. “There won’t be, because I’m not going to sleep in your nest. I’m going to drag your nest into mine and cry until you come home.” He smirked. Absentmindedly, he drew his tongue over the black warrior’s ears once he felt the little nibble on his shoulder. He washed the other’s ears with affection, his purr becoming deeper as his paws slowly kneaded into the other’s skin.

- Leafpool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp SkyClan Warrior’s Den Love Language (Wasp/Screech)