Lesson #1

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Lesson #1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Roach
    Participant

Firestar~ Skyclan Leader 

A long tired sigh escapes the tall Maine Coon, blazing ember hues flickering around the clearing with interest as the felines around him skirt around to continue their duties as the morning light was still upon them. Making sure he remained out of others way he maneuvered skillfully through the crowd, paper thin ears with tuffs of fur on the tips twitching as many whispers touched his ears as his fellow clan mates gossiped around him. His attention slowly turns to the fresh-kill-pile, just the thought of food caused his stomach to grumble in wanting. Yet, Firestar made no move to give into temptation as he eyed the pile, observing that it had indeed increased slightly with all the hunting patrols Rookfall had been organizing as of lately. Humming in approval before slowly making his way. It was late in the morning, but morning nonetheless so he was not concerned about eating before the elderly or the queens as the apprentices should have already disrupted the food appropriately.

Tilting his large wedged cranium to the side as he quietly decides on what he was truly in the mood for. Once his orange gaze landed on a finch, his stomach growled, having already decided for him. Swiftly he bends down, parting his maw as he carefully grasps the dead bird within his grasp before standing up. With his meal in his mouth he moves away from the pile, nodding in acknowledgment towards several felines that were waiting for their turn to receive their meal. Mouth watering at the scent and dried blood brushing against his tongue as he heads towards the medicine den. Firestar’s steps were heavy and hesitant as he was surely debating in conversing with the kitty pet.

Pausing at the wooden archway, brows furrowed as he mentally weighs pros and cons. Rolling his ember eyes as he realized that he was the best choice in explaining the ways of Starclan to the incompetent Siamese she-cat. The poor molly had already been within the clan for about a week, her injury slow healing, but that did not mean she had to be clueless. Nostrils flaring as he takes a deep breath before slipping in. His tall broad form hunching as he ducks through the entrance, his dark orange eyes blinking several times to adjust before searching for Milky. Ears perking up as he listens to the prominent chatter of Milky conversing with Saffrongaze. Quietly and swiftly he makes his way, nodding towards Saffrongaze as a form of dismal. Firestar could deal with her for a few hours…couldn’t he?

Settling down with his meal in between his paws. Flexing his jaw to relax the muscle before glancing up at the milky white and dusty brown Siamese. “I believe you have been here long enough to learn the ways of Starclan” he mused with an arched brow. “I see no point in you just laying about for two moons, once you are healed enough, you will start learning what it takes to become a warrior” he stated, his voice smooth and firm; indicating that there were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. With the finch calling to him, he leans his head down, barring his white fangs before sinking them into the soft flesh, easily ripping off a chuck. Chewing with delight, purring as the juices and the meat from the bird satisfied his taste buds. Once swallowing he eyes Milky, wondering for a brief moment if she too was hungry.

Peach
    Participant

Being in Skyclan was eye opening to day the least, it seemed like everyone had a job, and participated in those jobs diligently. Even though the molly had yet to actually leave the comfy den of Saffrongaze, she could hear the others conversing outside, she had even come to recognize a few of their scents. Her dusty tail curled up tightly around her injured leg, as if she was cradling it against her body, during the healing process it had begun to hurt worse. It’ll get worse before it gets better, is what Saffrongaze said to her many times, though the pretty molly always kept her stocked on herbs to help ease her pain. Skyclan had really grown on Milky, even though she’d be happy when she could put this place behind her, she knew leaving would be a bitter-sweet departure.

The strong earth scent of birch wood invaded the delicate mollys sense, her eyes moving on their own in a long roll, a small tsk following suit, Firebird. Her smiling muzzle turning into a soft pouty face when the rather large tom dismisses Saffrongaze, “Now why would you do that? I was having the most lovely conversation with her.” She protested, the medicine cat was much better company that the fiery tom before her. Ears pinned closely to her cranium, dusty paws crossed delicately over one another, gaze adverting to the ground. She’d be in Skyclan a whole week and the tom had rarely even came to check on her, she was indeed a little hurt.

Her twitching whiskers the only indicator she was listening to Firebirds words, “Starclan…” A term she often heard but it never really interested her all too much. The smooth, firm tone of his voice sending shivers down her spine, her gaze shifting ever so slightly to look at him, If it wasn’t for his attitude he’d actually be quite a catch, too bad. Mentally shrugging the mollys jaws parted, “Why would you want to train me? There’s no point I won’t even be here that long.” His tone of voice told her not to even bother protesting but that just wasn’t her style. A subtle rumbling sound reaching her ears, Did he just purr? His actions taking the slim molly by surprise, by this point he had peaked her interest, “Fine, bring it on Firebutt. Teach me”

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader 

“Because I said so…?” He mocked her like she was a little kit, well in his eyes she was. The fiery tom was tired, but he was not one to lay about when there was plenty of stuff to get done. At least he did not have to organize patrols anymore, as that duty now belonged to his new deputy; Rookfall. This week had been a very busy one for Firestar indeed, with having to travel to the moonpool, receive his nine lives, and then announce the new deputy. Tilting his cranium downwards to take another bite of the Finch. Chewing slowly as he savors the flavor of the tender meat.

“Do you always have to argue?” He sighs, rolling his ember eyes in exasperation. “I am going to train you our ways because when you leave Skyclan, will you be able to protect yourself on your own?” He stated, arching a brow as he silently questions her if he was wrong. Growling under his breath at her horrid nickname she has given him. Glaring down at Milky for a moment before taking a deep breath to control his hot-headed behavior.

“First lesson—every feline here has a rank and depending on that rank determines their name” he started, his piercing gaze studying her to make her was following his words. “For an example: if you are a kit and your mother gives you a name like Fire…it will be firekit. When that kit reaches 6 moo-months they will receive their apprentice name; which has a paw at the end; that means they are ready to train and learn the ways of a warrior” Firestar says, pausing every know and then to let Milky process.

“The apprentice will be put under a warriors care, it’s the warrior’s responsibility to train them and make sure they are ready to become warriors—“ Firestar says with no real interest in what he saying; as everything he has spoken has been ingrained into his memory. “Now when an apprentice is ready to become a warrior; they will receive their warrior name. For an example I was Firepaw until completing my apprenticeship. Then I became Firebird” he finishes the first part of explaining the ranks of Starclan. He would wait until getting clarification that she understood the basics before diving deeper into those of special or higher rank.

Peach
    Participant

“And why do I have to do it because you said so” She gaze meeting his, eyes flickering with defiance. Kittybrow raised as her rubbery lips pressed tightly together. “Aw Firebutt do you care for me so much? That’s very sweet of you.” Sarcasm mixing itself into her honey toned voice, “I suppose being able to protect all this is worth the hard work” using her dusty boys to gesture to herself.

Seeing no way out of his lesson the molly rolled her eyes, brown ears facing the tom, ready to listen. Kit, Apprentice, Warrior…” Why give them all a different name why not just stick with Fire instead of going from a kit to a paw to a bird?” She wouldn’t outwardly admit it but it was truly interesting way of life.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader

Eyes narrowing into slits at her mocking him with that poor of excuse nickname. His ginger fur bristling along his shoulders and spine, making him appear larger and more intimidating. His sandstone mane standing out against his dark ginger pelt. “While you are staying here in my camp, you will treat me with respect he scolded, his voice low and cold as he regards her with slight anger simmering within his blazing gaze. “If you had any ounce of training maybe you wouldn’t be here right now” he rudely reminded her, trying to put her in her place.

Clicking his tongue loudly against the roof of his mouth as he tries to rein in his explosive emotions. “Each name is earned. It is to show their potential and for them to earn their place within the clan” he simply answers, he thought it was explanatory but it would seem that he was incorrect when it came to Milky being able to comprehend his words. “Now—“ he starts, deciding to continue on with educating her on the ranks of each clan. “Besides kits, apprentices, and Warriors; there are also queens, who are those that are nursing kits, and elders; warriors that have served their time for their clan and have either been severely injured or have grown old.” He explains.

Looking down on Milky, ember clashing with blue as he stares at her. “There are four ranks that out rank those that I have mentioned” Firestar adds, a small smirk twitching on his lips. “There is a medicine cat and their apprentice; you have already met Saffrongaze and maybe her apprentice; Speckledpaw. Then there is deputy; Rookfall. He is second in command of Skyclan, he helps keep order as well will take over role of Leader once the leader either dies or retires—“ stopping to make sure Milky was looking at him to show that she was paying attention.

“And then there is the leader. The leader is in control of the clan, brings order and protects those who reside in the clan. Starclan gives each leader nine lives to for fill their task to their clan” Firestar explains before adding. “Each leader will have the suffix of star. Oh did I forget to mention that I am now called Firestar??” He mused with a half smile appearing on his handsome face as he waited for her to process the new revelation of his name and role to Skyclan.

Peach
    Participant

Creamy pelt bristling at his words, blue yes narrowing at the tom. Admittedly with proper training she probably would have found her own way home but that wasn’t the reason she was stuck in this camp having a conversation with an egotistical tom cat. Her dusty tail tip flicking aggressively behind her, irritation filling her paws, “perhaps if you wouldn’t have been so condescending maybe I would have just followed silently behind you.” Her words rang true, even if he didn’t think so, is he didn’t have such a poor attitude towards her when they first met she wouldn’t be laying her with a damaged leg for two months. 

Her gaze towards him soften as he continued explaining things to her, she was still upset but it was easier to try and relax then sit then tensing up the whole time. Clan life seemed brutal, having their children fight against others, wouldn’t it be better to just find homes with caring two legs who’d never make them fight one another. “But why fight?” Outwardly speaking her thoughts to herself. How could mothers knowingly give birth to kittens in this environment. 

The mention of Saffrongaze caused the molly to push her prior thoughts aside, “shes lovely!Unlike you, she wanted to add but decided it’d be better to keep that thought to herself. The smug look that appeared on the toms face irritated the molly even more than before, but she kept silent to allow him to continue you. Why give them nine lives? Why do they deserve it? Blue eyes narrowing into slits once more, she hated that stupid look he had plastered on his muzzle. “Aren’t you just so special Firestar. I’m sure you sleep so well at night knowing you’re probably going to out live all your loved ones until its just you.” Her kitty brow raising as she spat out her words to him. He felt all high and mighty when he was with her, she wasn’t going to let him continue to get away with that. 

Roach
    Participant

Firestar~Skyclan Leader 

The egocentric tom might seem like he believes that he is really as special as Milky had put it. But; deep down within him, Firestar was insecure. He was unsure and lost, he had no real guidance on how to be a proper leader. How to hold himself with importance without coming off as cocky. It was an balancing act; one that he hadn’t figured out quite yet. It would definitely take Firestar some time to fully comprehend what it truly means to be a leader of a clan. Turning his sharp gaze towards her, pointedly staring at her for a brief moment. Jaw clenching and unclenching as he battles within himself to snap back at her.

His tail flicking sharply side to side was the only indication of his agitation towards her. Ignoring her little clipped tone as she blamed him for her injuries. Firestar oh so wanted to ‘kindly’ point out that if it weren’t for him she would still be stuck in a log right about now or left in the lowering temperatures with an damaged leg, but yes it was certainly all his fault. “It’s not all about fighting, but surviving. They don’t just learn how to fight, but to hunt and track other animals to provide for the clan” he reasoned, hoping his rewording helped her a little.

“Though, living out in the wilds is not as safe and luxurious as living with two-legs. It is home to us” Firestar hummed with a soft sigh escaping him. Arching a brow as her quiet attitude soon turned sassy within a matter of moments. The fiery ginger and sandstone tom blinks in surprise before scowling down at her. “Being leader isn’t fun and games. No I do not feel special. It is my duty as once a deputy and now a leader to protect my clan at all costs. Leaders receive and can loose lives in order to save more lives” Firestar retaliated with as much sass as Milky had given him.

Once he believed that he had gotten it through her thick skull, he added; “There are four other clans besides Skyclan. There is Thunderclan-“ he couldn’t help but sneer at the name, it reminded him of his certain dislike to a rogue deputy. “Riverclan, Shadowclan, and Windclan” he added with little difference in his tone, except for when he utters Shadowclan could you hear a dip in his tone; snark and distrust.

Peach
    Participant

This so called way of living was certainly the most bizarre thing the pamper molly had ever heard. While her interest in clan life grew with his every word a voice rang loudly in her ears, You belong to your people. Not in this forest! Living wild and free was an amazing concept in theory but the idea of fighting for survival caused an icky feeling in her. Back at her prior nest Milky would often leave for hours at a time during her breaks from shows, so long as she was home before diner her humans never worried. But the life the warriors lead was completely different, they had no humans to answer too, but a new kind of authority, this so called Starclan. 

“Im really trying here but i just don’t understand why fight for survival? Why make life more difficult than it has to be. Even if you don’t live with two legs, you could still just look out for number one instead of starving yourself for the sake of others?” Though admitted Firestar clearly wasn’t starving as he sat before her inhaling a feathered creature. Much like her voice the Molly’s body was slightly shaking, not irritated at him in particular but their whole way of life. It needed improvements. 

The air between the two thicken with every exchange of vowels, they clearly weren’t going to get along. Ever. She could tell insulting the toms way of life wasn’t the best choice she could have made, her facial features softening, slowly exhaling, “I’m sorry i got so worked up. I made my choice and you’ve clearly made yours. There’s nothing to be arguing about Ill be out of your fur soon.” She could feel his irritation with her growing, so apologizing was the most logical solution since he was allowing her to stay in Skyclan for the time being. “Skyclan is lucky they have such a…” The gears in her mind turning as she struggled to find a positive term to describe this brute of a tom, “passionate? Leader” even her complaint was not said with confidence but it was something at least.

Her eyes widening as he introduced the other clans, “There are more you of?!” Oh Great! We need to move again She decided as if she could tell her humans it was time to leave. Dusty ears twitching as she picked up on his slight tone change at the mention of two other clans in particular. “What’s the beef with this Shadowclan and Thunderclan?” She inquired, leaning forward, clearly interested in the others who had issues with Firestar. 

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader 

Shifting his large form into a more comfortable position as he soon learns that he was going to be there far longer than he had intended. His ember gaze studying the form of Milky, watching her as she soaks in the information he was feeding to her. His half eaten meal laid at his paws; forgotten as he listens to her express her confusion on the concepts of surviving. Sighing with exasperation as she still was not comprehending his lamented terms. “I’m saying; that living out here isn’t the same as you living with those two legs. While you get everything handed to you; we actually have to work to provide not just for ourselves but for our clans” Firestar quipped, his tone showing his dislike towards two-legs.

Letting his tense form slowly relax as he knows that he needs to learn to keep his brash thoughts to himself. Flicking his left tufted ear in accepting her small apology for questioning their way of life. “Yes you should be healed within 2 moons. In about two weeks time you will be under my care as I help teach you and my apprentice the basics of survival. Can’t have you wandering back home only to be stuck in my clan again cause you have no idea how to survive in the woods” Firestar added, his tone suggesting that she accept his words now. Turning his nose up at her poor of excuse compliment directed towards him. Biting his tongue to keep his snarky words to himself; just this once.

“Let’s just say that last time I was in the presence of Thunderclan; We did not get along” was all he said on that matter. He saw no point in going into detail when clan life really had nothing to do with her. “Shadowclan….I just don’t trust them. Or well their leader” he shrugged as he remembers when Skyclan had asked to take shelter in their territory during the hurricane. “Now do you have any understanding of the basics of clan life. Or did I just waste my breath??” He mused with an arched brow. His fiery gaze glimmering with amusement as he wondered how she would respond. He had to admit, even though she bothered him to no end; he enjoyed her spark.

Peach
    Participant

“So you’ll be training me? Did you volunteer for that position or are you afraid of anyone else in your clan growing close to me?” Raising her kitty-brow at the muscular ginger tom. “What does this training involve? I really hate getting my pelt dirty, its so hard to keep clean?” Her creamy coat currently somehow still mostly clean aside from a brown ring from the time she fought a log and lost and her hind end from the icicle.

Milky couldn’t help but let out a high pitched hearty laugh that she had been holding in, her eyes watering up the more her muzzle scrunched up during her laughing fit. “I understood from the beginning silly tom cat. While the specifics might be more trivial than i care for the basics are still pretty simple.” Using her good legs to push herself closer to Firestar, her dusty paw tapping his nose once she was close enough. Firestar was an interesting feline to say the least, rude and egotistical in her opinion, but still interesting.

”Why what happened? I wanna know!” Her pleading gaze staring intensely at Firestar, her begging tone filling the air, “Did you get into a fight?” Oooo i bet someone kicked your tail so now you’re just super upset about it right? I’m right aren’t i?” Throwing questions his way left and right, not giving him too much time between questions to answer. Switching her subject over to this so called Shadowclan, “What’s so untrustworthy about these guys? Aside from their names that is” she mewed, clearly ready to listen to his tales. 

Roach
    Participant

Firestar ~Skyclan Leader 

’Or I’m the only one that can handle you’ he thought bitterly. He had originally wanted his brother to deal with her, but he knew that his brother wouldn’t be able to handle her plus training his apprentice as well. Smirking as he listens to her question just what training she would be doing. Snickering at the comment of not wanting to get her creamy pelt dirty. “Well hate to break it to ya Sweetheart, but your pelt won’t be as silky as it is now” he off handedly replies with slight sarcasm and an amused grin.

Though that grin quickly disappears at the sound of her joyful laughter. Frowning as his ember gaze narrows down at her. Feeling like she was mocking him, clenching his jaw as he contains his anger. His fur prickling slightly before laying flat against his shoulders once more. Turning his head away slightly, his tufted ears flicking backwards in slight embarrassment as he seemed to misunderstand her, thinking she was confused on his words but in reality she was confused on the reason.

Seeing movement in the corner of his eye caused the tall feline to look back at Milky. His brows pulling together as he watches her with suspicion and confusion as she shuffled closer to him. “What are you—“ he cuts off as she bops his nose. Tensing up at the unexpected contact, swallowing as he shifts uncomfortably at her touching him. Blinking at the sudden change of topic as she begs to know more of why he held certain dislike to those clans. Rising to his paws, tail flicking slightly as she rambles on about the possibilities.

Growling as she mentions a fight; bringing him instantly back to when Kass had disrespected all the clans and shoved him off the boulder. Yet; he also felt a twinge of satisfaction course through him as he also remembered dragging her down with him and pinning her to the ground. “Maybe one day I’ll tell you, but not today” he huffs out, he could have told her, but he decided to leave her not knowing. “You will be taught how to hunt and fend for yourself, by learning warrior techniques” his husky smooth voice filtered through the silence as he changes the subject.

Peach
    Participant

Choosing to be the better cat Milky pointed her muzzle to the sky, not falling into an arguing spree with the Skyclan leader once more, “Do you really think my pelt is silky? That’s so nice of you Fire.” Taking his obvious sarcasm as a compliment instead. Her whiskers twitching in enjoyment as Firestar cocky expression faded at her laughter, clearly loving the fact that he was showing his embarrassment. Her eyes rolling at his mansplaining to her, Toms, snickering quietly to herself 

Frowning slightly when she realized he shifted away from her when her paw tapped his nose, “sorry for being such a disgusting kittypet” her voice barely audible as she shifts back to her nest. Rolling her shoulders back as she let his movements roll off her back, Just two months Milky you got this. Saffrongaze was such a lovely member of Skyclan, and the idea of living in such a tight nit community sparked something inside Milky, just the idea of being under Firestars rule gave her a bad taste in her mouth. 

His deep growl sending small bursts of shivers down her spine, she was raring to go, she wanted to learn how to fight, to defend herself, and her people. “Fine, i wont push it..for now. But you have to promise to tell me before i leave. I want to know all about the cats who kicked your tail end.” She snickered. 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Lesson #1