Kindred Spirits

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest Kindred Spirits

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Alone at dusk, a ThunderClan Warrior flitted among the dry undergrowth, her paws crunching upon the rain-starved grass. At long last the intensity of the sun had abated enough for patrols to be sent out, she and several others were sent out to bring back food by their Deputy.

Oh, how Palefawn loathed that she-cat. Her anger was growing tired however. She’d settled into a dull resignation that there was sim[ly nothing to be done, so long as Hollystar let that rogue tramp over their livelihoods. Bluefire, as she was supposed to be called, now. But Palefawn did not think her worth it, and so avoided using any name in direct reference to her. She accepted orders, not because deigned to, but because things like procuring food and checking borders needed to be done. Even in this dark chapter in ThunderClan’s history, she would not waver in her duties. She’d show that rogue the strength of a Warrior.

The battle had left them all exhausted. Palefawn herself had been lucky, a pulled leg muscle and nothing more. Remarkable, for her age, but she knew how to avoid heavy blows in a fight. It still pained her but she ignored it. She was fit enough to hunt.

The gray she-cat swore loudly as a squirrel evaded her claws, believing that she was alone. But then a flash of orange caught her eye. Her first instinct was fox. But she then recognized the clearly feline shape, the broad massive shoulders and paws of SkyClan’s Leader, Firestar.

“Firestar.” She dipped her head respectfully. Though not her Leader, he was still an anointed of StarClan. And thus, certain honors must be observed. Also privately she did believe him to be of an honorable sort. Rough around the edges yes, but loyal. So what if he did not observe silly niceties at a gathering? Everyone was too busy tripping over politeness that they had allowed a rogue who openly disavowed their very lifestyles to gain a pawhold in the hierarchy. It was madness.

“The squirrel I was after crossed your way- you might catch it still. Better one of us does.”

Roach
    Participant

Firestar

The air felt thick and humid within the forest, the tall ashen birch trees looming intimidatingly above all that travel below. The sun shining brightly above, so bright that many of it’s rays managed to touch the forest through the dense trees, alighting the clearing in warmth and light. Yet, one could tell that the sun was only going to be there for a limited amount of time. Shadows shifting as sundown nears. That was a blessing for the large Maine Coon, his thick pelt and mane clinging to his muscular form, damp with sweat. His muscles contracting and flexing with his swift movements, lips parted in a silent pant in order to regulate his body temperature.

The day has been notoriously silent, his clan mates lounging about within camp or seeking the shade of the trees in order to escape the vigorous heat of the summer day. Firestar took the opportunity to slip away, to enjoy a small stroll away from camp. The young leader had been noticing more and more lately just how much the silence and walking through Skyclan Territory helped him remain sane. Tufted ears perking up as he nears the babbling brook, smiling slightly as the water would feel amazing against his burning hot fur. Picking up his leisurely pace, his large paws silently pressing into the ground.

Toes spreading to absorb the impact of his heavy steps, long feathered fiery and sandstone tail flicking contently side to side. Nose flaring as the strong scent of fresh water and a hint of needle covered earth often associated with Thunderclan as he nears the invisible border between the two clans. Pausing for a moment as he stares off into Thunderclan, a brief flashback of multiple secret meet and greets with his half-brother; Foxnose. It’s odd just how long ago all that was, now the nearly identical tom resides within Skyclan along with his mate and kits. Such a small world. Fiery orange gaze narrowing in concentration at the wide rushing dark blue water flowing hurriedly down the current.

White foam lapping at the surface due to the small waves of pressure overlapping one another. Stones smoothed to perfection from wear and tear of the strong waters, though the brook looked intimidating it was shallow. The tall feline would have no trouble crossing if ever necessary, just needed to be weary of the slippery stones. Firestar could feel the heat of the ground through his pads, all he could think of was how cool the water looked. Just when he approached the edge of the tempting waters does he hear a snap of a twig. His head shooting quickly in the direction of the noise, squinting his eyes as the light of the forest plays with the shadows and colors of the trees and the reflections in the blue brook.

Quickly noticing a greyish brown squirrel darting up and tree, grasping onto a low branch before propelling it’s small figure into several more trees before disappearing into the birch forest. His expression remaining blank as he tries to process what he just witnessed, tensing at hearing his name from a feminine voice. The tone soft and airy, instantly catching his attention. Eying the Grey she-cat with mild interest, smirking in amusement at the mention of the squirrel. Brushing off her greeting as he did not see it necessary for her to greet him in such a formal manner. “I believe the squirrel is long gone now…better luck next time” he adds lightly. She had shown no ill will towards him, even when it’s clear she is Thunderclan and he, Skyclan. The two clans having been to war only a few weeks prior.

It was only fair if he showed her the same amount of respect. Pausing for a moment before speaking, “Sorry but who may you be? I cannot recall your name” he admits with a small shrug to his shoulders. The only hint of discomfort and embarrassment for his observation skills showing by the shift of his form as he regards the Thunderclan Warrior. His original plans in cooling off halted for now.

Chris
    Participant

Palefawn’s light eyes searched his features with a hint of wariness. Though she held him in high regard, there was no way to know offhand if he felt the same way. Hardly a few moons past their factions had been at war. They both still bore the physical consequences  of it. But of course, Pslefawn’s heart had not been in it. She enjoyed combat, of course. But the accusations levied at her so-called deputy were no less than she deserved.

“You can hardly be expected to remember the name of a Warrior from another Clan.” She remarked wryly. “I am Palefawn, I knew your mother. Not well, but she was an honorable cat.” She did not mention Firestar’s father. For she held the deadbeat tom in the same revile as her own sire.

“I think she would be proud of the direction you are taking your Clan in, if I may say. It is not just any cat who could man the helm in times such as these.” She remarked grimly.

Roach
    Participant

Firestar

Chin tilting as he regards the thunderclanner as she speaks, eyes widening slightly at the mention of her knowing his mother. Frowning at the thought as his many memories of his mother were not good. Discomfort settles within his chest as she softly adds how proud Mothflight would be of him at becoming leader. Biting the inner part of his cheek to prevent himself from snapping at Palefawn. Firestar had to remind himself that the grey she-cat obviously did not know what became of his mother after his birth. Shifting his large form under a birch tree, seeking the slight comfort from the sun’s glare.

“I would introduce myself, but you already know who I am” he states, there was no sarcasm or teasing in his tone as he was only stating the facts. “What are you doing so far away from camp?” he muses with curiosity flickering in his ember eyes. He only travels so far to seek comfort in silence and nature around him, not wanting to stick close to camp to listen to his clan-mates be rambunctious when all he wants is serenity. “I am trying my best, but Star clan certainly is not making it easy for me” he grins, though in reality he believed his words to ring true.

Firestar wished he could tell if his mother was truly proud of him, or if she was still disappointed to have a son that resembles the mate that left her. “How…how do you know my mother?” hesitation clear in his voice as the thought suddenly struck him as odd that a thunderclanner would have been close to his mother, though there were gatherings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest Kindred Spirits