Skip to toolbar

Jak-O-Freakin'-Latern

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts Misty Forest Jak-O-Freakin'-Latern

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jak-O-Lantern
    Participant

An orange and black patched tom slunk down through the dimly lit forest going heaven knows where. He really didn’t know himself, and frankly didn’t care, he was just.. bored. Life was so dull out here, there was no one to talk to or rather tease in his case. the leaves under his paws rustled and took flight as he kicked them up with his paws. “Could this day be any more boring then it already is? Does no body live out in these parts anymore? Well…”he began to think seriously for a moment, “..Okay, these are the Outskirts, what did I expect..” he huffed, his breath barely disturbing the pile of leaves before him. “If only there were some kind of action though.. heck, even negative action would satisfy me right now! Then at least I’d be released from this perpetual boredom! Jak-O-Lantern was at heart a social cat, but he was reduced to living a life of solitude due to his tainted and rambunctious youth. He was still as of yet young, and his rambunctious and mischievous tendencies were still not fully quenched, hence he still lived alone. The funny part of his predicament, or maybe rather the sad part was that he still didn’t know that these were the reasons WHY he lived alone.

Wizard
    Participant

Through some of the thick underbrush, a pair of golden eyes flashed in the direction of the black and orange tom. Intently, Jak-O-Lantern was being observed. Oracle, a dark hairless tom, with large ears and perceptive eyes, moved silently around the other cat, still hidden by the overgrown foliage. Hmm, interesting, he thought to himself as he made a complete circle around the other tom. Leaping out of the coverage of the bushes, Oracle nimbly scaled a tree and perched himself atop one of its branches, giving him an unobstructed view of Jak-O-Lantern below. “So… Jak… come here often?” he asked, still observing from the shadows. His tail swished back and forth as he awaited an answer.

Jak-O-Lantern
    Participant

“WHAT DAH HECKAROONIE! WHO SAID DAT?!!?!?!” Jak pounced back in shock, the hackles on his neck standing on end as his eyes darted around the little patch of forest he had been traveling. His eyes then fell upon two golden orbs, and he soon saw the form of what seemed to be another tom sitting perching on a tree branch just over head. Finally! Some action! he thought as a sly smile stretched across his face, which seemed like a complete 180 from his earlier frightened outburst.

Wizard
    Participant

“Aww, honey, don’t you remember me?” Oracle flung his head back and burst out into overzealous laughter. The tom abruptly stopped, returning to his previous composure as if he hadn’t laughed at all. “Come here often… Jak?” He began to laugh hysterically, again, then suddenly ceased. All that was left was a knowing smile. But what he knew, how could anyone know?

Jak-O-Lantern
    Participant

The hysterical laughter assaulted Jak’s ears and send involuntary shivers down his back. Did he know this cat? And what the heck was he laughing about? had this other tom pulled some kind of prank on him beating him to the punch? what should he do? “Hey creepy cat, uh yeaaah, I remember you.” he lied, hoping he wouldn’t notice the fib. Jak pranced over to the tree and hopped on, climbing up the branches and perched with a creepers smile next to the odd cat. “You wanna see a magic trick?” Jak asked with a rye smile stretching across his maw.

Wizard
    Participant

“Woah, hey! I didn’t do nothin’ mister! Honest! Just back up nice and slow-like…” Oracle whimpered as he backed away from the approaching feline, terrified. “I’ll do what you want, I promise, just let me live!” he pleaded, his eyes revealing genuine fear. He was shaking all over, no sign of oncoming laughter as he inched closer to the end of the narrowing branch. He fumbled as he continued to distance himself from Jak, but caught himself and dug his claws into the wood, attempting to stable his twitching body.

Jak-O-Lantern
    Participant

Jak was taken aback at this response, he was simply trying to play a little prank on him, nothing else! But if it was a fight he wanted… THEN IT WAS A FIGHT HE WOULD GET! Jak put on his best manic’s grin and his eyes became wild with morbid glee, “Oh come on, it’s only a little magic trick… you see this little branch here? I can make it disappear!” Jak said in a raspy voice looking at the other time hungrily.

Wizard
    Participant

Oracle’s head drooped, still shaking. But not from fear. He lifted his head. He was laughing again, lightly at first, then the rest came bubbling forth. Oracle couldn’t stop himself. “You silly boy. You really don’t remember, do you?” Oracle rose and padded closer to the other tom, his giggles beginning to fade, then leaped to another branch nearby. He settled himself, comfortably watching Jak from his perch. “Well, I can’t say I remember either, so I guess that makes us even,” he muttered. Nothing in his face suggested any humor in the statement. “I guess we must wait and see,” he said, more to himself to Jak. “I do love a good magic trick, though.” He quirked a smile.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums The Outskirts The Outskirts Misty Forest Jak-O-Freakin'-Latern