It’s a Date? (Olive and Dark)

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp It’s a Date? (Olive and Dark)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Olive
    Participant

Olivepetal- Skyclan Warrior

Olivepetal fidgeted slightly, becoming somewhat embarrassed.  She was staring at him, and for approximately the second time in her life, she wanted a little more spice of life. Of course, being here with Darkbird and socializing was amazing, as she knew their friendship was much closer. The gentle she cat recalled one of the first times she was in need for the life of adventure. It was about half a moon before she was about to become a warrior of Skyclan, and two other apprentices and herself snuck out of camp to play, and explore a bit. She racked her brain to remember if Darkbird had come, but her memory remained blank, leaving her wondering. She once more peeked up at the grey tom, and idly wondered what he was thinking behind those captivating golden eyes.  Before she got lost in another daze,  she lowered her head, and then the tom spoke, of his apprentice. Olivepetal let out a tentative laugh, looking up at him again, and murmured, “Well, maybe Lostpaw should get lost.” She couldn’t believe she blurted that out, but her surprise remained in her rising boldness and confidence.  It was practically the  hundredth time she had been surprised at herself. Well, look what he does to you! Olivepetal mentally prompted, inwardly smirking. “Oh, sorry.” She meowed, quickly apologizing, and giving her tail a quick, short flick, as she cast her eyes to the ground for a moment. 

She then nodded and smiled, letting him enjoy the rest of the rabbit, as her stomach was full, and jittery as it had been all evening.  The next question Darkbird asked, she raised her head, letting out a soft sigh. “Well, honestly..” She began, and then restarted, with a crooked grin. “It depends, but I would say I’m not much of a fighter.” Olivepetal frowned. She hated fighting, but combat training was only training right? Well, it was training for battle. “I don’t like fighting much. But I am definitely more of a hunter than a combat cat.” The light cream colored molly finished, with a firm nod. Olivepetal wasn’t really used to this question but she reassured herself it was a good one. She even got to understand herself better, as so did the handsome tom. She wanted him to know her better, and she wanted to know him much more. Her mind fleeted to the thought of the future again, what their lives will be like. She tried to imagine what her life would be like, if she never really talked to Darkbird. The topic of kits flashed in her mind, as she realized, she would have probably been with some other tom from Skyclan, that wouldn’t nearly be as nice and..everything as Darkbird.  Once again, she jumped back to the present, and focused, asking him, “What about you?” Even though she might have already guessed the answer, Olivepetal still wanted to hear about him.  

Feared
    Participant

Darkbird ~ SkyClan Warrior

He had no idea whah was going through her mind but she seemed to be zoning in and out more and more throughout the night, causing his head to tilt slightly before he scooted just a little closer to the she-cat. She always seemed to snap back to the present when there was movement. Of course, her blue eyes refocused and found his smile as she listened to him, his own ears standing upright as he listened to her bold statement. Someone might have been offended by the statement, but Darkbird just couldn’t help but laugh and smile broadly. Lostpaw was always treated differently because of her origins, it was refreshing to see that Olivepetal didn’t mind her origins and would still tell her how it is. “Oh, no don’t apologize. I needed a good laugh.” Darkbird chuckled, his head going back slightly in pure amusement as his whiskers hung back against his cheeks. When she looked down at the ground with her apology, he couldn’t help but snicker as his broad paw lifted to lightly flick against her ear as he reassured her that he was growing more and more comfortable with her outbursts. This molly wasn’t quiet and likely to keep her thoughts to herself, she was slightly blunt and he found that interesting.

Slowly he crossed his fore paws, chin tilting slightly as he watched the beautiful molly as she pondered on which category she preferred. The corner of his lips turned up slightly in a slight smile as she explained that she was more of hunter and he could completely understand that. She was amazing tonight with catching the rabbit, her leap had been precision perfect and her movements full of grace. “Hunting suits you.” He smiled, ears standing upright as she questioned which he preferred, a small sigh leaving his nostrils for a moment as his eyebrows creased with thought. Which did he prefer..? “Honestly.. I don’t mind combat training, I’m not a bad fighter and it helps to clear the mind. But…” He shrugged before he looked at the she-cat and gave her a toothy grin. “I greatly enjoy hunting birds, it makes me feel powerful when I leap as high as I can and catch a bird trying to take off from the ground.” He shivered at the thought of hunting a bird, it was something he greatly enjoyed. He had to be good at something, he was a lousy father to his older kits and it made him feel better. Clearing his throat, his eyes refocused on the she-cat before he leaned forwards to brush a small birch leaf off of her flank. “But.. I also like taking walks at night and looking for something in particular.” He meowed softly, his golden eyes flickering up towards the sky, noting that the sky was darkening. “Come. The show should be starting soon.” He meowed, his nose lightly pushing against her cheek before he pushed himself into a standing position, kicking leaves over the bones of the rabbit. They would be gone soon enough.

Darkbird waited until she was standing up as well before he gave her a small smile, brushing his pelt against her own before he began to walk through the birch trees. “Crickets annoy the daylights out of me.” He explained while scrunching his nose up, his long tail flicking in irritation at the thought of the little bugs and their loud songs. They began to climb a small hill that was speckled with tall birch trees, their branches intertwined with one another while his golden eyes flickered towards Olivepetal. Her pelt seemed to shimmer in the night while his simply blended into the shadows beside the pale grey and white spots along his flank. She was simply breathtaking. “But… fireflies enchant me.” He meowed softly and tenderly as they stood on top of the incline, the trees were thinning out into a field, where small flashes of lights were going on and out. Fireflies were fluttering all about, dancing to their own tune as the soft night breeze was guiding them around the tall grass. Darkbird couldn’t help but smile, he was no longer a young apprentice, but he still found these little bugs enchanting like dancing little stars.

Olive
    Participant

Olivepetal loved how attentive Darkbird was, as he took in the details, and she loved it. The tom shifted closer to her and she loved it, their pelts touching. She wanted this, yet, she was somewhat mad at herself she didn’t make a move, but the joy in her heart swelled, as she purred, and nuzzled his shoulder lightly, her purr resounding. She loved to hear his laugh, as amusement glittered in his eyes, and to have the feeling of him next to her, as no tom was before him. She remembered him having another mate before her, Birchberry. Olivepetal didn’t linger on the thought as she  watched his facial expressions, as his whiskers folded back. Giving a squeak of surprise, Darkbird’s  broad paw lightly flashed over her ear, which made her squirm. “Heyy!” She laughed, pinning her ears back in pure delight, as his snicker ceased, and it was her turn to grin, playfully swiping at his tail. “Now we’re even.” She meowed, giving a quick sigh out, barely suppressing a giggle, that was nearly on the verge of escaping. Olivepetal couldn’t have been happier, her heart about to bloom.

When Darkbird complemented her on hunting suiting her, Olivepetal tilted her head sweetly, and murmuring, “Why thank you.” She smiled, happily lifting her chin. As Darkbird explained his preferred option, Olivepetal listened intently, soaking up every word, and mentally noting them, storing them in her mind. The tom described about hunting birds, and she was rather intrigued, as she had never caught a bird, independently. She knew that Darkbird was powerful, and he was more than skilled to rise to the challenge. He was determined, and had goals. She admired that, as she warmly acknowledges him,“You are quite clever and skilled to be hunting birds. And alone. Well, I mean, you can practically do anything.” The cream molly added, a tone of her shyness edging in her voice, but she focused on pushing it away, instead of letting it over power her. Especially now. Darkbird shivered, and she found herself scooting up closer to his side, her fur pressed against his. His warmth spread to her pelt, and she savored the moment, closing her eyes in pleasure.  Bright blue eyes blinked, as he brushed something of her flank, but she didn’t take her eyes off him, as he continued, about how he liked night strolls. She purred, “I’ll soon learn that from you.” The Skyclan she cat meowed, her eyes meeting his bright gaze, before he stood up, brushing her cheek. What show? She mused, slightly confused,  but elated. Olivepetal would do anything, as her curiosity led on. She lifted her haunches, and gave a small stretch, and gracefully padded after him, her paws tingling.

The slim molly walked alongside Darkbird, her purr soft, as she looked around, the crickets buzzing in her ears. “They’re a little loud tonight.” She commented, hoping she hadn’t said the wrong thing to say. But he relaxed a little after scrunching up his nose, as they ascended a slope, which had gorgeous birch trees sprinkled on the soft curves around them This was beautiful, and Olivepetal knew she would never forget this. At the mention of fireflies, she smiled, “Me too! They’re very fascinating to watch.” They reached the peak, and the she cat’s inhale caught in her lungs, as they overlooked a breath-taking view of the bright birch trees fanning out below them,  with a few other trees dusted across the vast land. But what really caught her eyes, was the twinkling lights, of fireflies, against the darkening night sky. “Darkbird..this..” She was lost for words for a moment, and she turned to look Darkbird in the eyes. “Is absolutely astounding.” Olivepetal concluded, turning her head to gaze at the stunning view. She pondered how long did Darkbird know this was here. It truly was something special. The firefiles closest to them, danced around, and their glowing luminescence reflected off of Olivepetal’s clear blue gaze, as she was captivated in the view.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

Darkbird grunted slightly as he forced himself to look away from the fireflies, he always felt himself being pulled into the dazzling light show as the bugs fluttered about. The sky was  becoming a dark only black with deep navy blue streaks throughout, the hint of stars beginning to shine through. “It is, isn’t it.” He said softly as his golden gaze found hers, her big blue eyes were round with astonishment, causing his nose to twitch. The pollen was thick in this area, but he didn’t mind as he breathed in deeply to keep the snot in check. “I happened to run into this place when I was an apprentice. They only appear in these numbers for a few weeks out of the season.” He explained, he had been observing them for long enough to know when they should be around and when they wouldn’t be. Moving to where he was now pressing his side just a little against hers, he started to lead her down the incline, his shoulder against hers.

“Besides Snowyowl and Lostpaw, you are the only cat I’ve ever brought here.” Darkbird admitted, he was usually a romantic tomcat but he figured that the fireflies would do just the trick. “I come here a lot at night to think and clear my head… it’s soothing.” He explained in a soft and low tone, walking slowly beside the molly as their dark and pale furred pelts would brush against one another every now and then. He wanted to keep contact with her, but he didn’t want to smother her. “Don’t worry if they land on you, they are harmless.” Darkbird reassured her, his ears burning from a faint memory of a young Darkpaw screeching when a firefly landed upon his nose. Chuckled faintly her looked at Olivepetal and gave a grin before he reared back on his hind paws before allowing his top portion to fall back down with momentum. As soon as he landed on his paws, the vibration of his body hitting the ground and grass caused a flurry of Fireflies to rush into the sky before them, shining their pale yellow bottoms. Darkbird, of course, was grinning ear to ear as he walked back beside of Olivepetal, chuckling.

Olive
    Participant

Olivepetal gave a mesmerized nod, in response to the toms words, expecting to feel a chill run up her spine because of  maybe a slight breeze, but she only felt, peace, and pure, pure joy. She was warm, but cool, and everything at the moment was perfect, and she decided nothing could have been better. Tilting her head up, to interlock her blue gaze into Darkbird’s glowing gaze, the astounded molly listened to his narrative on how he discovered this wonder, and she was in awe. “When do they go away?” She asked curiously, tilting her head. If only they could stay out forever, but deep inside her heart, they were a special thing, that she truly wanted for it to stay a rare and special thing. The she cat captured her surrounding in her head, telling herself it would always be there, even in the days she would be old and crusty in the elders den. She chuckled slightly, pushing the thought of being an elder away. She didn’t want to bring that stuff up, especially during these beautiful moments, as she was young, carefree, and had a life to live, before being fed and cleaned by apprentices! She gave him a warm smile as he pressed against her, as it made her cozy, and warmed her insides, her heart fluttering.

She widened her eyes, feeling lucky that she was the third person to account this with him. In the back of her mind, she wondered how many of her Skyclan clanmates knew of this, even maybe some cats from the other clans. Olivepetal couldn’t understand more when he mentioned clearing his head. “This is the perfect place to unwind, and relax.” She murmured, agreeing. This view was calm, and beautiful, almost the perfect place for her to zone out. She could think about whatever she wanted here, zone out as much as she wanted. But she soon thought, My clanmates could think I am crazy, and assume that I might not even be fully a part o-, Olivepetal inwardly scolded herself. Why would she just come alone all the time?  It would be even better is Darkbird would be with her. Clearing her thoughts, but not removing them, she felt him brush against her a few times, she liked it, her purr rumbling deep from her chest. As Darkbird explained that the bugs were harmless, she felt excitement coarse through her, as he padded away. She watched, notably rapt on what he was going to do next. To her elation, Olivepetal watched him thud on his paws, causing a rush of fireflies spiraling in the air. She gasped, thrilled, and enthralled, at the sight, as Darkbird sauntered back to her, a grin plastered on his face. “That was beautiful.” She breathed.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

He contemplated her question as to when the fireflies would disappear, his golden gaze flickering amongst the lightning bugs before he slowly shrugged his shoulders. “A few more days for the large masses to die down but they won’t really be gone until the beginning of Leaf-Fall.” Darkbird informed her, smiling softly for a moment as he took a chance and looked at Olivepetal as she gazed about with such astonishment. She looked exactly like his daughter had when she had been a young apprentice and he brought her out here to cheer her up, that had been so long ago. But it was forever sketched in his mind, it was the first time that he had really felt like father, even though his daughter did not know, he did.  He had to clear his throat in order to peel himself out of his troubling thoughts, his smile returning to his face as he was pleased with himself. “It is. Scared the daylights out of me though when I was young.” He admitted with a laugh, unashamed of his youthful fear.

The two cats were slowly walking through the field, their pelts brushing here and there. Which only kept his smile from disappearing, the feeling of her warm side pressed against his before their walking would separate them every now and then. He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt so giddy around a molly… wait no he could, but it wasn’t the same. Birchberry was nothing like Olivepetal, Olivepetal was special and so much kinder. “So… are you enjoying yourself?” He wondered out loud, his curiosity getting the best of him as he looked towards the cream colored she-cat, his ears standing upright in his curiosity.

Olive
    Participant

Nodding, Olivepetal turned to him after he explained the span of the appearance of the fireflies. “I’m so glad I got to witness it,” She mewed, happily flicking her ear. “And being here with you made it even better.” The molly admitted, giving a bashful shrug of her shoulders, but holding her head, for her gaze to lock with his. She turned her head again, soaking in the view, trying to absorb every detail. As her fur was flattened against his grey coat, she pricked her ears, listening also to the sound of wildlife, and prey running below, existing in the beautiful land. Darkbird then continued, clarifying how it scared him, so she pressed against him, closing her eyes, murmuring, “Thank you.” 

As they walked, Olivepetal couldn’t help but glance at him every now and then, his smile still glued on his face. Hers wasn’t going away either. When he asked the question, she almost didn’t know what to say. So she went for her heart, blubbering out the first thing that came to her mind. “Enjoying myself? That doesn’t even- there aren’t really words.” The molly explained, catching herself from stammering. “This is the best evening I’ve ever had in my life.” Olivepetal admitted, giving a smile, while blinking. She inhaled, “I’m having a fantastic time.” There was so much more she could say but she didn’t want to blurt anything wrong out by accident. This definiteley was the best night she had, and she didn’t ever want it to end. Olivepetal looked up at Darkbird, admiring his glowing eyes against the dark sky. “How about you?” 

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Olive.
    Feared
    Participant

He smiled to himself when Olivepetal kept close to him, chin tilting slightly for a moment as his gold gaze was watching the different emotions take place along her pretty face. She was clearly digging through her thoughts like he had been previously, her face was a darker shade of cream but it only made her blue eyes seem just that more apparent, the base coloring of her coat was a pale cream like color and it was enchanting under the light of the stars and the moon. It certainly caught his attention as his eyes roamed over her pelt before he looked away and felt his cheeks warm up as she almost caught him staring. He knew she was beautiful and he had admired her from afar but it was a completely different thing to be this close up to her. His nostrils flared with her scent, breathing it in like a drunken soul. Sweet floral.

Clearing his throat, he gazed at her as she spoke with a bashful tone, even her expression appeared so innocent. Darkbird felt the anxiety that had been clawing at his chest dissipate when she expressed just how much she was enjoying herself and the evening, a tender smile reaching his muzzle. “Good, good.” He nodded, feeling pleased the the evening had gone even better than he could have hoped for, her crystal blue eyes staring into his gold colored gaze. “I am having a wonderful time.” He assured her as he pressed up against her, no longer fighting his desire to be close to her as he gently rasped his tongue over her ear as they walked slowly side by side, admiring the fireflies and the cooling temperature since the sun had disappeared. His dark pelt was blending into the shadows besides the pale grey and white spots, his eyes stood out against the shadows of the night. His tongue escaped from his lips to rasp over the ragged scar that covered the left side of his rasp, grunting slightly as he meowed. “I would definitely love to go on another hunt with you.” Darkbird meowed slowly, the atmosphere had a great vibe between the two of them but he was worried he was reading it wrong.

Olive
    Participant

Her pelt rushed with warmth, spreading to her cheeks. For a second, she thought he was watching, her but she didn’t turn her head, afraid to get lost in his features. Olivepetal padded on, moving a little closer, as she looked ahead, seeing the few fireflies that danced across their path every now and then, as she reflected on the evening, almost every detail engraved into her brain. This was the most romantic and lovely night she had ever experienced. The molly turned her head, quickly flashing a sweet smile at Darkbird, and giving an emphatic purr, giving his neck a swift doting, and lovey nuzzle.

Darkbird grinned and she flattened her whiskers against her muzzle, and flattening her ears kindheartedly. He meowed on how he was experiencing a wonderful time and her heart sung, glad they were both in agreement of this exquisite evening. “I’m so glad.” Olivepetal purred, that increased louder as Darkbird’s tounge rasped fondly over her ear. She raised her elegant head, and stared right in his eyes, searching, and loving. She stayed silent, but her eyes shone with tenderness and adoration, until she lowered it, her heart singing, a bright smile on her face. He soon mentioned a hunt, and she tilted her head, and immediately agreed, with a definite, “Yes,” as her unyielding purr resonated around them. “Of course.”  She looked forward to another hunt, as how successful the past one was, and how exciting. It thrilled her, to be able to hunt, walk, talk, and just be around him, as she opened up, knowing he was just her favorite cat in the world.

Feared
    Participant

He wasn’t aware that Olivepetal was studying him, trying to gather an idea of his peace of mind. Pupils narrowed as he shifted and looked towards the molly as her calm gaze was watching him carefully, suddenly he felt a little guilty that he had been caught gazing at Honeysplash and Snowyowl. No one knew how he felt involved in that relationship, but he did. Snowyowl didn’t even know that he was her father and at first look they looked nothing alike. In fact, she looked almost exactly like her mother except for the fact that she had inherited his gold eyes and his warm heart. Could he tell Olivepetal? Oh he so desperately wanted to, but he knew he had to wait in order gauge just how much he could trust this beautiful she-cat with such a secret. “Hmm.” He hummed as she seemed impressed that he had worked so hard in combat training, a small smile reaching his lips. To Darkbird it wasn’t that impressive, but he was determined to stay on the same level as the younger generation.

As she explained that she hadn’t been stolen for a patrol just yet, his smile broadened slightly for a moment as he gave a slight nod. “Good.” He grunted slightly, his fore paws stretching out before him as his shoulders popped slightly. Releasing a relieved sigh, he looked back at Olivepetal as she meowed, his ears standing upright in excitement as his tail lashed out behind him. Even though they weren’t labeled as mates just yet, they were rather affectionate towards one another. When you know, you know. As she quickly licked his forehead, a rough and loud purr immediately followed. “I would love to join you.” Darkbird meowed enthusiastically, shifting slightly to where he nuzzled her neck before the large tomcat pushed himself up from the ground. “Come on, miss Olivepetal. Let’s go bird hunting.” He teased as the tip of his tail gently flicked against her nose.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp It’s a Date? (Olive and Dark)