it was an accident [closed RP] {Mink + Morning}

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory it was an accident [closed RP] {Mink + Morning}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pheebs
    Participant

‘Get back here!’ Pale gold fur raced after the fat, dark furred rabbit which was quickly approaching the border. Azure eyes didn’t take note of the ground below her, only that stupid, stupid rabbit. The molly chasing the coney was just a quarter of an inch shorter than average and covered in this, soft fur. As she ran along the apprentice paid no mind to the roots sticking up from the ground, which was a mistake, as one of those roots caused her to stumble and crash to the ground.

“Mouse dung,” she mumbled half heartedly, not bothering to stand up. Laying there for a moment or too, questioning fate and her existence, Morningpaw finally sat up, and when she did her attention was caught by the appearance of dark brown wings. ‘Robin!’ Scrambling into a crouch, the she-cat took a huge whiff of air and was startled by the unfamiliar smell. ‘This isn’t Thunderclan…’ Morning glanced around at the suddenly much taller trees. “Gorsewhisker’s going to kill me.” Because, despite what he said, her older brother did care. And by that she meant he didn’t want her dead.

Roach
    Participant

Minkpaw ~Skyclan Apprentice

A soft, yet tired sigh escapes the warm golden brown and cream colored tom as he pads silently through the birch forest. Today was the first day in a long time that the apprentice had a day to himself; something that he believed he quite deserved. Letting his tall and slightly muscular form relax, letting all the unnecessary tension escape him. Today was just going to be a day for relaxing; he wanted no distracts as he knew tomorrow training would start all over again. Sadly; his sister did not have the day off and Starclan forbid if his adoptive father; Rookfall, have a day off from his duties as deputy. Frowning slightly at the thought, but quickly shook it off as nothing was going to bring him down! He was determined to have a nice stroll, maybe do some hunting, enjoy the slowly coming new-lead; company was not needed.

Ivory white tipped ears perking up as he hears a fumble and light cursing just beyond the tree line. With his curiosity peeled, Minkpaw wastes no time in investigating the cause of the noise. Warm butterscotch ember eyes peek from behind the ashen grey bark of the birch tree. Lips parting as he takes in the scents around him, wrinkling his nose in surprise at the odd scent around him. Noting the more grassy scent than those wooden rustic of Skyclan. Tensing with caution as he finally spots the splayed our form of Morningpaw. Confusion marring his handsome features as he takes in the pale yellow molly, his gaze flickering over her hind leg to notice a oaken tree root sticking above the ground in a mocking manner.

Seeing no true threat, as he hardly thought a clumsy Thunderclanner would put up much of a fight against himself. Bounding joyfully away from the safety of the trees; making his presence known. “Hello!” He cheerfully exclaims. A giddy smile pulling at his lips as his golden gaze locks with the piercing blue of the molly. Minkpaw has never met another feline from a different clan. He certainly wanted to make a good first impression, the bi-colored tom hardly paid any mind to the fact she was just a little too far over the border. Now was the time to make new friends!

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningpaw could hear her breathing, loud to her as it matched the blood rushing in her ears, this was more from anxiety than her being exhausted but it certainly felt the same. Blue eyes bounced away from the trees to land on the handsome tom approaching her. ‘Wait…’ The molly let out a squeak and stumbled back, ears pressed back against her cranium while alarm crossed over her face. “I’m sorry it was an accident!” ‘It’ being her crossing the border separating SkyClan and ThunderClan. The golden she-cat knew from her brother that she had to stay away from borders, “Especially those SkyClanners,” she remembered him meowing. Or rather, angrily spitting.

Finally, everything caught up to her, the other’s small form, ‘Apprentice’, and their friendly, non-hostile smile. Did all SkyClanners greet trespassers like this or just this one? Morningpaw was about to say something but hesitated, letting the pause become long and awkward. “Er, Uhm… he-, hello…” The Thunderclanner winced, expression pained as she heard the clear stuttering, but she couldn’t help it, her heart still pounded from a mix of fear and adrenaline. Part of that anxiety could be because she’d broken the rules, part of it could be her meeting a handsome Skyclanner. 

“I’m Morningpaw.” As soon as the words were out she regretted them, shuffling her paws and kicking up bits of dirt. ‘Well, great, now he knows your name.’ Morningpaw wasn’t unfriendly, quite the opposite, she loved meeting others and warmed up to strangers fairly quickly. Why was this different? ‘He’s from another clan, that’s why.’ Yeah, that had to be it. The tom was taller than her, not horribly so (thankfully), and had warm amber eyes. He looked safe, not like he would turn on her. ‘Shut up.’ Morning internally cringed at her own paranoia that showed up time and time again, her constant companion in all things.

Roach
    Participant

Minkpaw ~Skyclan Apprentice

Arching a kitty brow as he watches her skittish form move away from him. Frowning in slight confusion before sniffing himself; ‘Well I don’t stink’ he confirms with a small shrug before his attention is drawn to the pale yellow Thunderclan apprentice. His brown ears twitching as he leans closer towards the shy molly, barely catching her stuttered out hello. A bright smile reappearing on his lips as she seemed to be slowly adjusting to the fact that he was talking to her. “No need to be so shy! My name is Minkpaw” he flashes her a toothy grin before adding with a sheepish look. “Sorry if I’m being loud…I tend to get excited” Minkpaw explains before making sure not to overly crowd the uncertain feline. 

His fluffed tail flicking side to side in a calm manner as he waited for Morningpaw to calm down as much as she could. “Though—why are you on Skyclan territory? I don’t mind!” He asks but quickly backtracks his statement as he didn’t want to seem rude. “I’m glad to meet someone from another clan, hardly any of the warriors back home like talking about other clans” he rambles before the sun’s light reflects off a shiny object and onto his face. Scrunching up his face in surprise, turning his head away from the brightness before noticing the light was reflecting off Morningpaw’s neck. “Huh?” His tone rises an octave in wonder as he momentarily forgets about personal space. 

Moving abnormally close to Morningpaw, his ember gaze locked on the curious pink collar with a metal star dangling. Rising a paw as he clumsily pokes the star, jumping slightly at the feeling of smooth metal against his sensitive pad. “What ya got around your neck? It’s a curious looking thing” Minkpaw mutters before looking back up at her, his nose barely an inch from touching hers. Eyes widening before he takes a step back, “Sorry…” he chuckles before looking back at her collar once more, wondering why she wore such a thing in the first place. 

Pheebs
    Participant

Morningpaw frowned in confusion as she watched the tom sniff himself. ‘What in Starclan’s name is he doing?’ Eyes widening, the molly froze up as the tom grinned at her. Once a sufficient enough pause was given she finally managed to offer him a smile of her own, hers soft as moonlight compared to Minkpaw’s. “It’s alr-right,” the golden furred she mumbled, “I’m so-sorry I’m s-so stut-tuttery!”

The apprentice winced at his question, brows pulling together. “I was chasing a r-rabbit and I didn’t, uhm, I didn’t notice where I was ’til I… Tripped.” The Thunderclaner’s voice slowly grew more faint as her embarrassment grew. Embarrassment was  quickly forgotten when the she-cat heard what else Minkpaw had to say, ears perking with interest. “Really? My clan-“ She stopped herself, doubt clouding across her sky toned eyes. ‘I can’t talk about my clan to him! He’s from another clan, this could be a trick!!’ The shorter apprentice squirmed, briefly considering just walking off, but she had better manners than that. Mama never would’ve liked it if she did that.

The SkyClan tom’s sudden movements elicited a yelp from the Thunderclanner, but at least she didn’t fall on her back like she’d been about to. ‘What?’ It took a moment, but Morningpaw eventually pieced it together and deduced that the tom was referencing her mother’s collar and the shiny star that hung from it. Calling on some courage (she had to have some buried in her) Morningpaw sat up, puffing out her chest proudly. She was jumpy and shy, she hated confrontation, she didn’t like giving her opinions. On the topic of her collar, however, she would always speak with utmost pride and defensiveness. “It was my mama’s, she was a former kittypet who joined Thunderclan.” In her small outburst, Morningpaw’s stutter had slipped away, replaced by firm words that fell out smoothly and with confidence.

Suzy had been ill for the past few sunrises, unable to take a breath without it being accompanied by a cough and blood. Morningkit, now Morningpaw, was cautious as she entered the Elder’s Den where Suzy had been moved. “H-hey, mama.” She waited for her mother’s eyes to open, tail curling happily when two warm green eyes locked with hers. “I’m an apprentice! This tom, uh, Adderface, is my mentor and Gorsepaw is going to be a warrior really soon!” Morningpaw swallowed hard, panic swelling as her mother’s eyes drooped shut. “M-mama, mama!”

Later on Morningpaw would watch her mother’s life slip from her, confirmed later by the medicine cat. Morningpaw would take the collar off her mother’s neck, paws shaking, and ask to keep it. No one argued.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Pheebs.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Territory it was an accident [closed RP] {Mink + Morning}