Heirs to the Throne

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Heirs to the Throne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Peach
    Participant

Milky’s breathing was still heavy, exhausted from the events leading up this moment where 5 freshly born kittens were snuggled up against her warm belly. It wasn’t a pleasant feeling, but also as quickly as the pain arrived it left, leaving her head full of nothing but fuzzy thoughts of her kits. She already loved each of them, their perfect tiny bodies, they were hers to love and protect until the end of time. She wanted nothing more than to stare at the previous lives that nestled into her, needing her more than anyone else, though her body simply wouldn’t allow her to keep her head up to watch them. Softly resting on one side of her cranium, her eyes peering down, moving her leg to take one last peak at her babies, My loves. 

Milky’s family had grown by five. She now had five hungry mouths to feed, to love, and to cherish. Nestled comfortably closest to Milkys front legs was the smallest of the litter, for now the kit was pure white but Milky assumed with time the she kit would gain more color. Next to her was a male, similar in size but taking on a light dusty brown, the tom kit was already showing darker color points similar to his mother. In the middle of the five kittens was the largest, Milky loved all her kittens but this one she could already tell was going to be a problem, the young she kit had already taken on the colors of her unspoken father, her ginger coloring sent shivers throughout Milky when she first saw her. Her second largest was another tom kit, his brown pelt was nothing special but he had a striking white chest, with more white striking up half his face, it was quite cute. Taking up the rear was another she kit, who seemed to take on a bit of every color from her parents. Nothing could ruin this moment…well nothing except the cold piercing eyes staring a hole through the molly. 

Milky didn’t tell anyone who the father was, aside from Brightspark and Frostburn, even the father was unaware of his new status until now. Milky never wanted things to turn on this way, Firestar left her, he made his choice, his clan was more important than anything, it hurt her. Milky was over it, well she pretended she was over it, but she wanted to protect her kits from the hurt Firestar put her through. She didn’t want him to abandon her kits and choose his clan over them, it would have been easier if he didn’t know about them. She never planned on telling him, but it was rather hard to hide that fact when most of the kits took on his pelt color, and their largest little girl looked exactly like him. Milky swallowed hard, her eyes avoiding the looming tom ca altogether, she couldn’t stand him just standing there staring. She had asked Brightspark to keep Firestar out, but there wasn’t much she could do, he was her leader, they couldn’t stop him even if they wanted to. 

“If you have something to say then say it. Otherwise leave, I’m tired.”

Roach
    Participant

Firestar

He couldn’t begin to explain what he was feeling in that exact moment, anger was very prominent, but he felt more hurt than anything that Milky would keep such a thing from him. His mind was completely blank right now as he stares at her exhausted form with five little figures huddling close to her stomach for warmth or suckling for milk. Firestar had been passing through the clearing when he had spotted Brightspark standing guard of the medicine den. It was an odd site, one that he felt inclined to investigate as he knew who Brightspark usually hanged out with; Milkynight and Frostburn. What had made it even more suspicious was when the ginger Molly tried to distract him and deter him from entering. Of course did the bright eyed she-cat believe that he would take orders from her when her actions had already stirred his curiosity. The SkyClan leader barely sparred her a glance as he easily maneuvers around her, not wanting to shove her out of the way, but ready to do so at a moments notice.

Fire had expected to see Milky in the den, being injured from hunting or even fighting practice gone wrong, oh how wrong he certainly was. At first he did not know what he was looking at, he could see that Milky’s usual well-kept white and dusty brown pointed fur ruffled. Her bright breath-taking baby blue eyes clouded in fatigue. Furrowing his brows as he lets his ember eyes flicker around the den, looking for any clue as to why she was here, his long paper-thin tufted ears perking up at the sharp cry of a kitten. Tensing up as his sharp gaze narrows onto a small bundle of white fur, whining from being shoved off it’s feeding perch by a bigger bundle of ginger fur. Breath catching in his throat when it finally registers within him why she was in the medicine cat’s den, and why Bright tried so hard to keep him from entering.

Fire couldn’t bring himself to tear his gaze away from the little kittens, instinctively moving closer, having no mental control in his actions as he nears Milky and the kittens. Lowering his tall frame to get a better look at the little forms of the five forms squirming about, relying on their sense of touch as their sight have yet to develop. Using his slightly cold nose to lightly nudge the off white kitten, returning her to her original perch. Leaning slowly away, letting himself take in every detail of their ginger, brown, and white pelts. His heart lurching painfully when one of them were nearly a spitting image of himself, another brown patterned fur closely resembling the coloring of his brother; Honeysplash.. After several moments of silence he hears her soft, piercing voice cutting smoothly through the thickening soundless void around them. Swallowing, trying to clear the tightness in his throat as he tilts his head upwards from his lowered stance.

Clenching his jaw at her careless words, she clearly still did not want to speak to him after him leaving her while she slept. Taking a few steps back suddenly unable to handle her sweet fragrance, as nausea hits him. Anguish burning in his veins as he whispers; “When were you going to tell me? How long did you think you could hide the fact that you have given birth to five kittens, and that I am the father?” while his words held no wrath, his tone held emotional pain that she would keep such a thing hidden from him. Firestar had missed an important part of their life, seeing his kittens being born, and not by choice. No matter how much he wished to yell, to release his anger, he knew that Milky had every reason to do so. She had let her motherly instincts kick in, had done her best to shield them from the aspect of their father being a leader. For having the kits fear that he would always choose his clan over family; a hard pill to swallow.

Firestar wished he could get through to that pretty-little head of hers, to explain to her that his clan is his family, he would put everything on the line to protect his classmates and his kits. He would never intentionally choose one over the other, he would just need to learn how to balance his personal life with his obligations, but Milky just did not want to give him the time to figure that out. Nostrils flaring as he takes in a much needed breath, averting his gaze away from hers, unable to handle looking upon her at that moment. instead he lets his gaze once more rest upon his kits, eyes softening as he watches them, without looking away he speaks once more; “You can’t keep me away from my kits” he warns softly, not knowing if Milky had any intentions to do so, but with her not even revealing her pregnancy, the Maine Coon wouldn’t put that past her.

“Have you named them?” Firestar mutters so softly that if it weren’t for the den walls catching his words, making his voice echo lightly throughout, she wouldn’t have heard him.

Peach
    Participant

Her body tensed up as the large tom moved closer to help, his nose gently nudging the white kit back towards her. Instinctively moving to lick her daughter, her tongue gently running along her fur trying to clean off the scent Firestar left behind on her kit. She wanted to curl around them, protect them from everyone’s eyes, they were her kittens she didn’t need anyone else, and they only needed her. Though she resisted the urge to hide them away from him, she didn’t have the strength to move at this time.  “You’re my leader Firestar, not my mate. I don’t have to tell you everything about my personal life. You don’t know they are your kits stupid. Ginger is a very common color.” Lifting her head to gently nuzzle her largest kit, being careful to avoid squishing her others as she did. A soft purr rumbling as her small nose made contact with the helpless life clinging to her. Milky knew her argument was pointless, her largest kit was a clone of her father, but that didn’t matter to her, being a parent is different than merely producing the kits, Firestar was great at ruling a clan, but raising kittens wasn’t just being a ruling force it was actual work. Not that Milky herself was prepared for the hardships of motherhood but the moment she made the decision to keep her kittens was the moment she had swore to herself and her kits she would tackle every hardship herself and be the best mother she could. 

A wave of angry flashed throughout her blood at his words, His kits? He didn’t carry them or give birth to help, he would have no claim to the kittens if she didn’t want him to. Her eyes narrowed sharply at the leader, if it weren’t for the angels latched onto her she would have leapt to her paws and ripped his ears off. “Your kits? Don’t pull that shit with me. They are my kits! Mine” Milky wanted to scream and cry, to throw a full on tantrum. Her eyes widened as she realized keeping her kits from him would create the issue she wanted to avoid, her kits growing up without a father. Her glare turned into more of a pout as she looked away from him again, her eyes staring down at the fresh lives connected to her. “Our kits.” Her voice was nothing more than a small whisper, the words barely audible “If you’re going to talk to them say our kits…and i’ll do the same.” Milky hated having to give any rights to him, she would much rather raise her children with Brightspark or Frostburn as their parents but Milky couldnt deprive her kits the chance to meet their father. 

Swallowing her pride Milky nodded, “I wont keep them from you, but there will be conditions and rules for both of us I suppose.” Milky clearly was not a fan of the idea of having to see his stupid mug more often, she didnt feel like she had a choice. She was surprised to hear how soft and quiet Firestars voice could get, it was a side of him she never got to see during their time together. “When do you think I had the chance to name them, dummy” Staring down at her children a warm feeling washed over her, she couldn’t stay angry when she saw their precious faces. “I guess you can name some of them.” Her tail gesturing to his mini clone and the small white kitten, “They’re both mollies. Please dont call them something stupid.” She wasn’t a monster, she would allow him to pick some of their names, but it didn’t mean she had to be nice about it. Her eyes ogling the other three kittens, her mind clearly racing on what the perfect names for her children would be. Her nose rubbing against the brown kit with the striking white mark on his face, “His name is Copperkit.” She mewed, her eyes glancing at him only for a moment before moving on to the next brown one nestled next to the white kitten, “He’s Claykit and the last little girl is Sandkit.”

Roach
    Participant

Firestar

It literally took all of his self-control not to scoff or roll his eyes at her mockingly licking off his scent from the small cotton ball before him. Frowning at the pang of guilt and hurt radiating through his chest as she states the obvious that they were not mates, it’s not like it was by choice, but Milky had made it very clear that she would not be second choice, she did not nor should she have to be put aside for the good of the clan. Firestar knew this, that is why he had pushed her away in the first place, he knew that he did not have what she needed, stability. Now things were changing, he had unintentionally became a father, something he wasn’t sure he ever wanted to be. Yet, looking down at the five kittens with a slight smile pulling at the corner of his lips, he couldn’t help but feel pride and satisfaction at having part in creating them. Eyeing Milky in the corner of his eye; “I may be your leader, but I am also their father, therefore it certainly is my business to know” he scorns before scoffing at her lame retort. “Yes ginger is a common color. Are you suggesting that you have laid with another?” he muses.

Smirking as he then gestures to the she-kit that holds his resemblance to the point it was un-canny. “I only know one other tom that looks similar to me, Foxnose. Too bad he is too much in love with Silverferret, so that rules him out. Hmm maybe Foxtongue? Though he seems a little young for you” he mocks with a shit-eating grin. Though his amusement quickly evaporates at her snarling at him, claiming that the kits were hers and hers alone. Fur along his shoulders and spine bristling, making his large form seem all the more intimidating, narrowing his fiery gaze upon her, curing his lip in a snarl “They are my kits as much as they are yours. You may have carried them, but I also gave them life” he points out with a huff. He would not be like his father, Flamesmoke, he would not turn his back on his kits and pretend that he never knew, Milky could not make him hide such a secret. Biting his lower lip, ears swirling in her direction as he barely hears her strained whisper of ‘our kits’. 

His heart speeds up slightly at hearing those words, blinking as he looks away from the snow-kissed dusty pointed siamese beauty. Settling down near her, but making sure to keep his distance. All he can do is manage a nod when she proposes rules in regards to their roles of parent-hood. Eyes glistening in amusement at being called a dummy, finding her choice of words in such a situation funny. “It was just a question” he shrugs one of his broad shoulders in a casual manner. Following her gaze, noticing creases between her brow and her lips pouting in thought before naming three of their kittens. Looking over at each little bundle of fur as she names them, mentally reciting the names in his head, ignoring her snippy tone in regard to him naming the last two she-kits. Lowering his cranium, getting eye-level with the two kits, watching them in curiosity. Nuzzling his nose against the creamy white fur, the kittens soft fur tickling him in the process, “Cottonkit” he mutters as he moves away.

Just in time to see the kit that looks like him, shove others out of the way to get more comfortable. Smirking at her flare, she certainly would be a handful  as she gets older. Pausing as a name suddenly comes to mind, “And her name shall be Flarekit” he finishes with pride as he moves away, letting himself take in the forms of his kits, taking in the fact that he is now a father. The SkyClan Leader has heirs now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums SkyClan SkyClan Camp Heirs to the Throne