Skip to toolbar

head in the clouds // wild + maple

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp head in the clouds // wild + maple

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

m a p l e s h i n e
    in camp with wildstar

The day was at Mapleshine’s favorite part; the sun was in the middle of the sky, blasting its brilliant golden light across the freshly fallen snow. She had just returned from the evening border patrol, her belly growling as she spotted the pile. It was small, but at least the prey didn’t look too terribly small. Fluffing out her calico pelt, the young warrior picked her way over to it, a shrew catching her gaze. Blinking her bi-colored eyes, the molly sauntered toward the warrior’s den, settling down outside it and setting her shrew next to her. She gave her coat a quick wash before tucking into her meal, pink tongue rasping along with the ruffled patches and smoothing them down. Spotting Cinderjay crossing the clearing, she called out a greeting to her former mentor, fluffy tail waving to and fro in a friendly manner.

Tyler
    Participant

Wildstar
    ThunderClan Leader

Wildstar hadn’t slept very well the night before, tossing and turning in her nest while trying to find that sweet spot where the old dried scraps of moss and feathers wasn’t too flat. Maybe she had left it too long and had to suffer the consequences. When she’d finally awoken, no less exhausted than she had been in the night, she’d decided she’d had enough and had to sort out her nest. Rolling out of her nest she shook her fur free from loose pieces of dry moss and began her exit out of her den and into the winter wonderland that had seeming popped up over night. They’d had snow a few times already this season but the sight still took the leader’s breath away. 

Grumbling to herself as she was not quite awake yet, Wildstar’s gaze circled the camp until her eyes found the fresh-kill pile to be almost empty. Another grumble, this time accompanied by curses under her breath. She’d have to talk to Sunnyheart about this issue and make sure it hadn’t happened again. She didn’t want to eat a whole piece of prey by herself when others could use it more. She scanned the area again until her eyes fell upon Mapleshine, one of the clan’s newest warriors. She would have to do.

The dilute-calico padded up to the younger she-cat and flashed her a smile. “Hey, mind if we share? The pile is running a little low,” she twitched an ear towards said pile in hopes to increase her chances of the younger molly saying yes. 

snow
    Participant

m a p l e s h i n e
    in camp with wildstar

She’d only just begun to roll over the shrew with her nose when a familiar figure loomed over her, eyes gentle and a bit questioning. A bit surprised, the new warrior sat up straighter and fixed Wildstar with her bicolored irises, one green and one amber. The calico had no idea why her leader had chosen her to share prey with, but perhaps it was a good thing? Dipping her head respectfully, she nudged the morsel toward the pale molly, cheeks and nose warm with her nerves. “O-of course! You can have first bite even!” she stammered out, fluffy tail curling tighter around herself. She was normally so confident and collected, yet something about the clan leader and even deputy seemed to put her on edge. Perhaps the fear of failure? Or never being noticed? Nobody would ever know, not even Mapleshine herself.

Once Wildstar had taken a small bite, Mapleshine did the same, chewing the meat slowly but surely. It was a bit stringy and had a weird tang, but it would do in this cold leafbare. “So, do the other clans know about…” she trailed off, knowing Hollystar’s disappearance would be difficult for her, but Mapleshine wasn’t sure what else the pair could bond about. She smiled awkwardly, hoping she hadn’t offended the muted calico. It was difficult to gauge their relationship at this point, especially now that Wildstar was her clan leader. Before they would exchange friendly words and nod to each other in the warrior’s den, but now they were on different levels.

Tyler
    Participant

Wildstar
    Leader of ThunderClan

With a lack of grace, Wildstar did indeed take the first bite of the shrew. The body had cooled significantly since it had first been caught but she was delightfully pleased that the first bite was still warm enough. She pulled back with an automatic purr at the taste, licking her chops and for a moment forgetting that the other warrior was even there- and then suffered from embarrassment when the obviously nervous younger she-cat tried to start a conversation. The leader coughed suddenly, choking in surprise at the nature of the question- and boy, what a question. 

“Well,” she cleared her throat, “WindClan does know.. RiverClan too so I suppose that means ShadowClan does as well. I guess that means the only clan that doesn’t is SkyClan but honestly they could use to be the last to know about something for a change.” She responded, although in the end her quips about the other clans were more personal jabs at their respective leaders. 

“Honestly, I’m just hoping Holly will be back in time so that this doesn’t have to be a full time gig. I wasn’t meant to be leader..” She shrugged, as if she truly thought her mate would come back to her. “How are you though?” She changed the subject, eager to not have to talk about herself for once. “Is being a warrior all you ever wanted it to be?” She asked, a small laugh of sarcasm behind her words and a twinkle in her eye.  

snow
    Participant

m a p l e s h i n e
    in camp with wildstar

She watched Wildstar take the first bite, her paw pads almost sweating from sheer nervousness. Her green and amber eyes scanned the clearing momentarily, hoping no cats saw the two as conspiring or anything. StarClan please, I just want to be a normal warrior! she begged silently, dipping her head and taking a small bite of the morsel. It was surprisingly delicious for leaf-bare prey, and she sent a silent prayer of thanks that she’d chosen a juicy piece to share with her leader.

Her comment at SkyClan made the calico she-cat chuckle softly, the feud between the higher ranks not surprising her one bit. SkyClan had a bit of a reputation at the moment, though Mapleshine preferred to stay out of their business. It was strange being a warrior during these times, and despite the natural hostility due to leaf-bare, it seemed that the clans were living in peace.. well, for the most part. “I just hope they don’t say anything stupid when they find out,” she mumbled, whiskers quivering as she thought back to Honeyspots, the pretty SkyClan queen. She was always running her mouth about ThunderClan cats, without any reason!

She had been so lost in thought she almost missed Wildstar’s question, though luckily her hearing was still sharp. “A warrior? Oh I love it,” she began, eyes shining with excitement. “It’s crazy that I get to live my life like this, I’m so happy.” She smiled brightly, her tail tip flicking to and fro in delight. “But it’s also interesting, learning how to grow up and change. I see things differently, and not everything is as glamorous as I always thought. I still enjoy it though, I think the bad parts make the good shine even brighter.” Her optimistic attitude was hardly matched with her cranky denmates, but perhaps it was the new warrior sparkle every cat had the first few moons they received their full name.

Tyler
    Participant

Wildstar
    Leader of ThunderClan

Wildstar didn’t comment about what the leaders might or might not say, she wasn’t really sure what to tell herself either. Something that had always differentiated herself from her clan has always been the way death was perceived to her. It was an atrocity for one clan cat to kill another, but that had been her whole life before the clans. Killing was something she did frequently and she felt no remorse about it, at least they died bravely right? Right? The problem was too large for the ex-rogue to think out alone, nor did she want to. But none of that didn’t mean that she felt bad about what had happened to Wolfstar, but she wouldn’t apologize for it if asked in a gathering. After all, he’d attacked her

An easy smile came to her lips as Mapleshine dove into her experience as a new warrior. In a lot of ways, the two she-cats were the same as they stood at the edge of a new set of responsibilities. Her whiskers twitched in amusement, a twinkle in her eye. “You’ll find that a lot of things aren’t always as glamorous as we first think they will be,” She offers easily, “But there are always the little things.. the things that help you keep going. Whether thats a boy.. or girl, or if it is a certain feeling, a time of the year.” 

“Personally, I really like midnight runs, or really just being out in the territories at night and just listening to the forest. And what I really really like is the feeling of my warm den after those nights.” She laughs, confiding a little in the warrior in front of her. 

snow
    Participant

m a p l e s h i n e

The leader’s revelation of warriorship didn’t surprise the young calico, but rather comforted her. Hardships brought cats together, so what better way to form a bond with her clan than deal with tragedy together? Although she did silently will it to wait awhile longer. She enjoyed honeymoon phase with her new position. Right now, she would soak up every bit of energy she can get. As Wildstar began discussing boys or possibly girls, the young warrior felt warmth creep up her cheeks and into her nose. “I’m a bit young for that,” she chuckled awkwardly, swishing her tail tip softly. A mate and kits was the last thing on this she-cats mind.

Though she had to admit, the other calico Molly was quite admirable. Stepping up to be leader in a time of desperate need took immense courage, some that she didn’t have. Being deputy wasn’t really a must for her, but rather a position someone else would fill. Mapleshine looked forward to her glory days as a senior warrior and lounging in the elder’s den. Responsibility made her tired, and then she was cranky. Any cat who could make decisions for an entire platoon of warriors deserved mad props. “A warm den and a full belly is the best, especially when you’re with someone you love,” she purred contently, eyes blinking softly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp head in the clouds // wild + maple