Skip to toolbar

Hanging by a web (Shooting and Spider)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Hanging by a web (Shooting and Spider)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Feared
    Participant

🕷 Spiderpaw 🕷

Apprentice of ThunderClan

Shifting slightly in his nest, the tall tomcat was pushing himself up from the mossy prison. For weeks he had been confined to the medicine cat den with therapy. Peachblossom had determined that he had been hit by a black widow. What was the actual luck needed for someone with the name Spiderpaw to be bit by a troublesome spider? The poison had been slowly extracted from his leg from magical herbs, he didn’t care what Peachblossom said, they were pure fricken magic. Although there had been a lasting effect from the spider bite that caused major anxiety to weigh Spiderpaw down. His left hind leg that had been bitten, the muscles were tight and incredibly sore, making it hard to stretch out his leg correctly and walk effectively.

Black fur along his spine bristled with pain as he tenderly placed his paw down upon the ground but quickly pulled it back up towards his stomach. “Ugh.” He groaned in both frustration and pain, those brilliant yellow and orange swirled eyes watering from the pain. Shootingpaw had been dragged out of the den by his mentor, needing to keep up with his studies. Although he was silently grateful for that, he was greatly embarrassed from his actions. Teeth gritting as he forced himself to stretch out his leg, muscles spasming under the dark black fur. Ears flat against his head, the chocolate brown colored fur surrounding his face wrinkled with discomfort as he slowly limped forward with his paw dragging against the ground. This was painful and unfair in his eyes. How dare a little spider put him in so much pain so close to his well awaited warrior ceremony. Maybe today he could manage walk around camp with his gimp leg.

Missa
    Participant

Shootingpaw
    Thunderclan Apprentice

The orange and black apprentice padded through the entrance of the camp, with a squirrel in his jaws.  It had been weeks since Spiderpaw had gotten bit by a black widow spider and Shootingpaw had to carry his best friend on his back all the way back to camp. It had been a close call, a scary moment for him. He couldn’t imagine his life without Spiderpaw by his side, and didn’t want to think about it either. Ears perking up at the sight of Spiderpaw, the smaller orange and black tom rushed to the fresh kill pile to drop the squirrel off and ran towards the larger tom with a bright grin, his bi-colored eyes were shining.

“Hey Spidey!” Shootingpaw greeted as he touched noses with his best friend, and pulled back with a pout on his lips looking at the injured tom “Are you okay? Do you need me to call Peachblossom? She’s with Snarlingbadger right now.” He mentioned, very grateful for the Thunderclan Medicine cat as she saved his best friend’s life. Shootingpaw moved towards Spiderpaw and stood by him, letting the larger tom lean on him for support. A warm smile appearing on his face, as he missed the tom. It had been hectic lately as Heavyroar was starting to prepare Shootingpaw for his warrior assignment, and it was a lot of remembering battle moves and hunting methods but he was ready. Shootingpaw just hoped that the spider bite that Spidey had gotten, would go away quickly so the two of them could have their cermony together.

Feared
    Participant

🕷 Spiderpaw 🕷

His neck hunched as the pain shot up his spine and pinched at his neck. Hesitating, his nostrils were flared from the heavy breathing as he set his paw down upon the ground in order to test putting his weight upon it. Ears twitched as he heard paws rapidly moving in his direction, turning his gaze upon the familiar black and orange splotched pelt of Shootingpaw. His heart stuttered in relief upon seeing his best friend, instantly lowering his head for their noses to touch. Shootingpaw wasn’t usually so affectionate, he was a simp that usually couldn’t take a hint. But this… this simple act had his heart racing. Another grunt left his lips as he shifted his weight off of his leg, stumbling slightly but Shootingpaw managed to catch him in time, his smaller frame pressed against him. “No… no I feel awful. But I don’t want to ask Peachblossom for any help.” He whined, his head tilting towards Shootingpaw as he laid his cheek against Shootingpaw’s forehead. “I have to try this on my own.” He mumbled with little enthusiasm.

Paw touching the ground again, he flinched and pulled his head away from Shootingpaw’s looking down at the ground so he could watch where he was walking. Shootingpaw was walking with him every step of the way as they slowly made their way around camp. If he could sweat, he would’ve been, his jaw was tight with pain and annoyance as he limped. “I need… a break…” He huffed, peeling himself off of Shootingpaw and flopping down to the ground, his hind leg sticking out at an odd angle to relieve the pressure. Eyes closing and nose scrunching up with frustration at himself, he stayed silent for only a brief moment. “What’s Heavyroar got you doing? Anything that you are having a hard time understanding?” Spiderpaw changed the subject, he desperately needed to get his mind off of his physical state.

Missa
    Participant

Shootingpaw
    Thunderclan Apprentice 

Shootingpaw smiled softly at the much larger tom, how he missed his best friend so much in the apprentice’s den. A small purr escaped his throat when Spiderpaw rested his cheek on his forehead for a moment before declaring that he would like to walk on his own. The smaller apprentice nodded and took two steps aside but kept a good distance if he needed to catch the larger black and brown tom. It was the road to recovery for Spidey, and Shootingpaw would be by his side. A small sigh escaped the orange and black tom’s lips and he shook his head at Spiderpaw, but had a small smile on his face at the other tom’s words “Spidey, Peachblossom is around to help you.. You scared all of us, especially me, when you went down like that.. I don’t know what I would do without you.” Shootingpaw confessed, but eyes widened when he saw his best friend stumbling and quickly went towards him to hold the tom up.

Once he saw that Spiderpaw gathered his footing, he followed slowly next to the injured apprentice and it wasn’t until Spiderpaw decided it was time for a small break. Shootingpaw watched carefully as his friend was starting to lay down, and the injured leg looked like it was healing nicely. He saw that Spiderpaw was getting frustrated with himself and he let out a soft sigh but nodded as he could see his best friend didn’t want to talk about his recovery, he wouldn’t bother the poor tom “Heavyroar has been preparing me for my assignment! Although it’s been hard with climbing trees for the birds, a bit nervous cause I’m afraid of getting stuck.” Shootingpaw said, going towards Spiderpaw and laying next to him but being careful with now disturbing his leg. Looking towards Spidey, he looked up with a small grin on his face and poked the larger tom playfully with his paw with his nose scruching up playfully “Would you like me to fetch you something to eat?” He asked.

Feared
    Participant

🕷 Spiderpaw 🕷

Shootingpaw was precious, naive as hell, but very precious to Spiderpaw. He was of course his best friend! Although right now he felt vulnerable and ruined because of his leg, grinding his teeth together in a way to release his frustration without snapping at Shootingpaw. Finally releasing a tense sigh, his vibrant gaze finally flickered towards the worried expression that the orange and black mottled Tom seemed to wear these days. “Peachblossom can only do so much for me, Shootingpaw. She can’t walk for me.” He sighed, ears drooping as he finally managed to sit down, his leg out at an awkward angle to help with the sudden cramp. “Plus, even she said that I need to stop moping and just walk on it.” He grimaced, even Peachblossom was getting onto him about pushing through his recovery.

Honestly he was silently grateful that Shootingpaw didn’t push the issue, pressing his lips together in an attempt to keep his mouth shut as he desperately needed to get his mind off of things. Orange and yellow eyes searching his companions face to see that even Shootingpaw seemed a little bummed out. Heavyroar was pushing him hard, wanting his apprentice to receive his warrior name with the upper class apprentices. Shootingpaw deserved it. “Climbing trees should be easy for you.” Spiderpaw quipped, shifting slightly to where he lightly laid his tail along the younger toms back, absentmindedly beginning to groom his ears. “You are really light, I bet the branch doesn’t even creak under you. Trust your footing, I know you are graceful. Maybe practice on a low branch, practice jumping from branch to branch.” He suggested with a shrug, cleaning Shootingpaw’s ears and forehead.

Missa
    Participant

Shootingpaw
    Thunder Apprentice 

A small pout had escaped his lips, he knew that Spiderpaw was quite prideful and independent at times. Shootingpaw had a tendency to wanna be protective of the older apprentice by babying him, to always look after him. But he knew that Spiderpaw had to go through this recovery without his smaller best friend trying to protect or watch his every move “I’m sorry Spidey, you know I just get worried.” The orange and black tom apologized to his best friend. The tip of his tail flicking in worry. Watching his friend for a moment, a small smile escaped his lips as he shook his head in amusement “I know, you’ll be back to sleeping in the apprentice’s den in no time! I’ve told the others that we will be throwing a get well party.. But Hazelpaw and Hollypaw didn’t seem too pleased.” Shootingpaw said, cringing slightly at the thought of the two she-cats that shared a den with him. The smaller tom had preferred to stay away from them with little interaction if needed.

Shootingpaw looked up to see that Spiderpaw was slowly getting up, he smiled as the older apprentice slowly leaned towards him and began grooming his ears. He let out a sigh and slumped his shoulders slightly “I know, I just hesitate at times.. Just get nervous about the bird flying away when I’m about to get it.” The orange and black tom explained to his best friend. Moving his head until it was resting on the bigger tom’s shoulder, he let out a soft huff “I will try more! For my best friend!” Shootingpaw declared with his bi-colored eyes blazing with determination, but felt himself relax at his best friend’s grooming session and closed his eyes in content as he enjoyed the moment between them. “Thank you Spidey, you always know what to say to keep my spirits up when I’m doubting myself.” 

Feared
    Participant

🕷 Spiderpaw 🕷

Guilt prickled at his belly from how Shootingpaw seemed to deflate, his gaze worried and his tail tip even twitching from anxiety. It was obvious that his best friend just wanted him to be careful, but his own frustration was clouding his judgement. Though for now he was biting his tongue, slowly nodding his chin in acknowledgement of Shootingpaw’s apology. Truthfully he had nothing to apologize for, but he knew the younger tomcat would simply argue about it. Sighing softly, the breath got stuck in his throat as he suddenly laughed, just the mere image of Hollypaw and Hazelpaw together to celebrate him returning to the apprentice den was an unforeseen sight. “I highly doubt you will get those two to participate.” He laughed, his eyes watering from the hilarity of the situation. “But if it does happen, I think it will be the greatest accomplishment in all of ThunderClan.” He mused with a grin at Shootingpaw, his aching leg beginning to go numb.

Shootingpaw was a very talented hunter, but he usually scared himself when it came to hunting in the trees. Although Spiderpaw was much heavier, he tried not to think about falling to his death. Of course, he hadn’t been very concerned about spider bites before this either. Humming, he continued to groom his best friends ears while the smaller framed tom was now slumped against his body in an attempt to relax. Pupils narrowed as he suddenly noticed the tired expression that Shootingpaw was wearing, making guilt blossom all over again. He had been so worried about his recovery that he hadn’t taken the time to see that this was affecting Shootingpaw as well. Shootingpaw was working hard to get himself ready for his Warrior assessment, one Spiderpaw feared he wouldn’t be able to participate in. “Well even on the ground, birds could suddenly take off. Just make sure you know where you want to land so if the bird does take off, you have somewhere to land anyways.” Spiderpaw shrugged slightly as he gave his friend forehead a lick.

Blinking, he looked down into bicolored gaze as the smaller cat turned his chin up, causing Spiderpaw to smile upon reflex. Shootingpaw was always so positive, so refreshing when he needed it. “That’s right. You will try harder because it’s your role as a warrior that’s at stake here.” Spiderpaw huffed, nuzzling his nose into the top of Shootingpaw’s head. Spiderpaw resumed the grooming session, licking at the thick fur along the back of Shootingpaw’s neck, arching an eyebrow. “Nothing to thank me for. There was nothing to doubt in the first place.” Spiderpaw huffed, tugging at a matted splotch of fur before spitting the black and orange fur on the ground. “Besides.” He meowed, turning his attention back on his friend. “You also managed to make me feel better.” He purred and rubbed his face into the back of Shootingpaw’s head before groaning. “Although I don’t want to go back to medicine den.” He whined pitifully.

Missa
    Participant

Shootingpaw
    Thunderclan Apprentice

The orange and black tom smiled softly as he looked up at his friend, it would be a long way to go in his recovery but Shootingpaw wouldn’t be leaving Spiderpaw’s side. But a chuckle escaped from the smaller tom, it would have been a sight if Hollypaw and Hazelpaw made it to Spiderpaw’s get well part. He would give the invite anyways as the tom didn’t want to hear the two she-cats complaining that they weren’t invited “We’ll just pretend they’re around if anything. I know Boarpaw will be excited to see you back.” Shootingpaw spoke warmly about the brown apprentice that was very friendly towards the two toms. It was going to be unusual for his best friend to not be with them for a couple of days, but Shootingpaw had Boarpaw and Oakpaw to keep him company in the meantime until the black and brown tom could join him once more.

Shootingpaw let out a soft purr as his friend was grooming the back of his head and ears, it was nice for Spiderpaw to do that. His best friend cared for him so much, just as Shootingpaw cared for him. He rested his pink nose on Spiderpaw’s shoulder for a moment and grinned “Thank you, for the advice and the grooming.. I wouldn’t know what I would do without you.” The orange and black tom admitted to his best friend. It had been an emotional and tiring past few days but the tom was still in good spirits despite everything, his best friend was still around with him and that’s what mattered in the end. His bi-colored eyes looked up at the sky and saw it was clear out, and knew that the two toms should relax and try to take it easy for the rest of the day until dinner arrived. Then the two would carry on and have dinner with their peers before retiring for the night, not before Shootingpaw going to the meddie dens for cuddles of course from the larger tom.

“Don’t worry, we’ll plan your escape from the medicine den soon enough and you’ll be back to our famous sleepovers in no time.” Shootingpaw said with a grin, and moved his head until the smaller tom was nuzzling his friend’s neck and stayed there for a moment. Before leaning back for a moment and was pretending to think “Although we’ll have to get Newtpaw to join us in this sleepover, he’s been worried sick about you as well.” The orange and black tom said, as himself and Spiderpaw’s brother had taken turns looking after the injured tom and the younger brother should also have a nice night out as well. Leaning his head back on the other tom’s chest, he watched the sky for a moment before looking up at the black and brown tom “You hungry? We can have a little lunch before I gotta go clean the elders’ den.” He questioned, hoping that Spiderpaw would say yes.

Feared
    Participant

🕷 Spiderpaw 🕷

Spiderpaw nodded slowly as he looked down at Shootingpaw, his younger friend seemed more at ease now that Spiderpaw had calmed down and pushed his feelings down into his stomach, hiding them. Shootingpaw didn’t handle conflict well and he could tell that his behavior was weighing on the young tomcat. Although he couldn’t suppress the snort of amusement while giving a roll to his eyes. “They don’t want to show up but have the gull to complain when they aren’t invited.” He hummed thoughtfully, appearing more annoyed than anything as he looked down at Shootingpaw. If he had his way, he wouldn’t even invite the two she-cats, they were troublesome and demanded way too much attention. But he did perk up at the mention of Boarpaw, Spiderpaw had grown rather fond of the long toothed tomcat. He was calming and had a good sense of humor once he was comfortable in his surroundings.

He had seen Boarpaw here and there since he had been confined to the medicine cat den, although he licked his lips and cleared his throat. “Boarpaw would be fine.” He agreed. Although it was the pesky little Oatpaw that was constantly hanging onto Shootingpaw’s hip that annoyed the tar out of him. Just why did he have to be so clingy? No, Spiderpaw agreed that it was literally any Tom around Shootingpaw that seemed clingy that seemed to bother him. “Oatpaw can be there as long as Bonepaw is there.” He warned, giving his best friend a narrowed look before resuming the grooming he was giving Shootingpaw’s ears. “You would be stuck to Oatpaw’s side of I wasn’t here and he would let your ears get dirty.” He huffed, of course all of that was false… perhaps.

Spiderpaw desperately wanted to escape the medicine den, he had absolutely no freedom under the careful watch of Peachblossom. But she was more of a nuisance than anything, stopping him from leaving the den too often. “I desperately need out of there.” He agreed, almost ignoring the fact that Shootingpaw was cuddling into his neck as he looked down at his leg. The skin was still swollen from the bite and his muscles hadn’t yet recovered from their fierce spasms. Worry was still settled heavily within the pits of his stomach, but he breathed out before looking back down at Shootingpaw. “I don’t think so.” He laughed as his friend tried to manipulate Newtpaw into the shared nest. “I’ll end up hitting him.” Spiderpaw joked, lightly bumping his shoulder with Shootingpaw’s before he blinked. “Some food would do me good.” He nodded, slipping down into a laying position as Shootingpaw rushed off to gather something.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Hanging by a web (Shooting and Spider)