Skip to toolbar

first steps || holly + snarls

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp first steps || holly + snarls

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    snow
    Participant

h o l l y p a w
    thunderclan apprentice

It had certainly been a day, and thank StarClan the large form of Snarlingbadger was snoozing in a warm patch of sun, content and quiet. This wouldn’t last for long as a hurtling ball of energy sprinted over to him, skitting just to a halt in front of him, muscles tense with excitement. “Snarls, guess what!” she whispered, watching him stir and rise up at her appearance. After a brief moment of silence (as expected), the molly leapt forward and tackled him before prancing out of his reach on nimble paws, purring. “I’m back you stinky old sparrow! I’m back from my first day, so don’t sit here in camp and worry anymore, okay?” she teased him, butting her head against his in greeting, before pulling away. “I got you something,” the black tabby explained, waving her tail to and fro as she darted away. She was normally high energy, but this was a new level for the apprentice. Of course, she wasn’t normally this erratic, yet today seemed to warrant it, and when she came back with a mouse dangling from her jaws, Snarlingbadger would understand why.

The grey morsel wasn’t very large, quite a measly catch for green-leaf, but Hollypaw didn’t seem to understand as she wriggled with excitement, dropping her prey at the paws of the large tom. “I caught it, all on my own! I didn’t need any help, and when Shootingpaw tried to tell me what to do I told him to shut up! And I was right because once he did I caught it,” she stated matter-of-factly, as if the older apprentice truly had any paw in hindering her catch. The mouse would hardly feed her, let alone the warrior in front of her, but she seemed intent on giving it to him, even if it was merely a snack. “I wanted you to have it, I caught it and told Sagetalon that I would give it to you.” She wagged her tail excitedly behind her, rather odd for a young kitten, yet it seemed fine regarding the current situation. 

She flopped down in front of him, panting softly as she awaited his grunt of approval. After her spiel, she seemed to have calmed down a bit, the sprint back to camp must’ve fired up the little ghost tabby. Sagetalon certainly had his work cut out for him with this one. 

Feared
    Participant

Snarlingbadger

Warrior of ThunderClan

Soft breaths were emitted from the tomcat as he breathed slowly, laying on his side with his chin tucked down towards his chest in a motion that he was dozing. Today was Hollypaw’s first official outing as an apprentice, and although his nerves had been all over the place. He made sure to give her the freedom she deserved, not to mention that Sagetalon surely would’ve complained throughout the day. Ears twitched as the sound of paws thundering against the ground was beginning to reach him, pulling him out of his slumber as those pale yellow eyes slowly flickered to life in order to peer at the overly excited expression of Hollypaw. Grunting in acknowledgment, the big tomcat slowly maneuvered his large body from his comfortable dozing position to where he was now laying on his stomach, head upright as his tired gaze landed upon his small adopted child. She looked rather excited.

He hadn’t been expecting her sudden tackle, his lips lifting into a smile as her small body collided with his chest, her smaller paws smacking at his shoulder blade before she quickly jumped out of the way before he could drape a paw over her back. Too much energy for him. Although the deep gurgle in his throat could only be a purr as he looked down at Hollypaw, of course he had been waiting for her appearance. He had to hear all about her day. Snarlingbadger lowered his head as she affectionately head butted their heads together, his tongue finding its mark and gave her a small kiss to the cheek. He blinked when she suddenly pulled away, big head tilting slightly as she exclaimed that she had gotten him something. Of course, his mind trailed to Honey, causing his mouth to water. Eyes brightened when he caught sight of the mouse that Hollypaw was quickly trotting his way, pale yellow eyes briefly looking down at the mouse before looking at his daughters excited expression.

Grunting, Snarlingbadger lifted a paw in order to lightly pat at the mouse, expressing his curiosity. He listened to every word that came out of her mouth, unable to hold back his chuckle when she expressed that she had told Shootingpaw to shut up. Shootingpaw was a talker and a little sensitive, hopefully he didn’t take Hollypaw’s venom to heart. Dipping his chin, he eyed the mouse that Hollypaw had offered him. Honestly it wasn’t much of a morsel but he didn’t mind. This was Hollypaw’s first catch and he was rather proud of that. Grunting and giving her a huff of breath to her face, he grinned and gave her a wink before using a massive paw to scoop the mouse closer to him. Using his teeth to nip at the small legs of the mouse, he took a tender bite, using his front teeth to rip the meat off as he took a bite. Chewing the meat in his mouth, he pushed the mouse back towards Hollypaw and grunting. Their shared meal of the day would be from her first catch.

snow
    Participant

h o l l y p a w

thunderclan apprentice

She watched him with excited, round eyes as he bit into the mouse, chewing slowly and thoughtfully as he nudged it back toward her. She felt a wave of relief sweep over her as he appeared content, glad that the morsel wasn’t rotted or too stringy. She’d known that it wasn’t as massive as the chaffinch her mentor brought back, but she refused to let anything sour her mood. Today was a good day, and she would stand by that. Bending down, she sniffed the mouse lightly before taking a bite, another odd habit she’d picked up as a kitten. She always smelled everything before touching it or eating it, yet no cat said anything to her, at least, not to her face.

The black tabby felt content with her first day; the tour of the territory had been exhilarating, and she felt the motivation to surpass her denmates course through her veins. I’ll show them that you don’t mess with a cat like me, she thought determinedly, green gaze narrowing slightly. She blinked up at the massive tom, shaking her head to clear her thoughts as she nudged her catch back over to him, looking rather proud of herself. “Anyway, today was fun but it made me tired, I think my paws are gonna ache tomorrow,” she admitted to the tuxedo warrior, thought a good-natured look was plastered across her face. ”I’ll be like a real warrior, sore after a hard day’s work,” she teased, grinning brightly.

Hollypaw had been well aware of the challenges apprenticeship would bring her, the blood that flowed through her veins were from a rogue cat that didn’t want her, and even if ThunderClan wasn’t particularly excited about her, she knew Snarlingbadger at least cared, and she’d fight a whole forest of foxes to make him proud. “When I get battle training, I bet Sagetalon will have to make me spar with the older apprentices. He couldn’t believe I killed the mouse at first,” she bragged, feeling rather smitten with her actions. She’d waited what felt like forever to become an apprentice, it was her chance to prove that she has what it takes to be a ThunderClan warrior. If she stops being hostile to her clanmates, of course.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp first steps || holly + snarls