Fight me. Yes, I'm being serious. (Closed RP) [Moon & Nettle]

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest Fight me. Yes, I'm being serious. (Closed RP) [Moon & Nettle]

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

NETTLEFROST

Nettlefrost’s dark tabby pelt would’ve fit in well, had she lived in Shadowclan’s pine forests. As it was, she stuck out rather badly against the golden oaks and shining green bushes of Thunderclan as sunlight the color of honey leaked through the branches of trees above. Amber eyes flickering behind her with an expression hinting at pleasant befuddlement, as the young warrior couldn’t help but shake herself every time she saw Moonpaw’s familiar black fluffy self, paws and tail tip dipped in white with indiscernible eyes that could be described as hazel. How is it that I’m a mentor? Nettle decided to brush that thought away and blame it on her superior thinking skills… At least, in combat. While she wasn’t the strongest or most flashy in fighting, Nettle was considered clever and a good strategist. She was also observant and could pinpoint a cat’s weakness within a few minutes, give or take.

Manna Moth
    Participant

Moonpaw’s tail flicked in nervousness. She’d been apprenticed to Nettlefrost, arguably one of the hardest to please she cats in the clan. The dark gray molly was as cold as her name and Moonpaw was desperate to prove herself. Determined to learn all the skills her mentor had to teach she padded up to Nettlefrost.

“What will today’s training be?” She asked as she approached, dipping her head politely. She secretly hoped it was hunting as she looked forward to knowing how her mentor managed to blend in with the undergrowth despite her near black pelt. Moonpaw had a suspicion that their dark fur played a role in pairing them together. She met Nettlefrost’s warm glance as she stared questiongly, awaiting a response.

Anonymous

Nettlefrost sent a glance that held something akin to amusement, though such an emotion would be a bit out of place, surely? However, the young molly was a peculiar one so if she was amused then it must’ve been for her own private reasons. Humming to herself for a moment, the dark tabby ducked past a cluster of ferns into a small area where the oaks surrounded a sunlit area of sweet, green grass.

“Fight me,” she said simply, turning to face Moonpaw. To those who didn’t know Nettlefrost, or who didn’t know her fighting style, she might’ve looked completely innocent and, hell, maybe even a bit helpless! After all, the warrior was shorter and smaller than her clanmates and even other cats from other clans who weren’t naturally inclined to being giants could outweigh her. But only those who were in Thunderclan, or at least had fought Nettle before, knew she was a force of pure power sharpened into a dangerous weapon by her sharp gaze and strategic thinking. As well as her willingness to win a fight in any way she could. Lionshadow had been Nettlefrost’s mentor and, yeah, Lionshadow might not have been the best choice seeing as the tom had a shady history and had done nothing to curb Nettle’s unrelenting, ruthless fighting or stop her from fighting dirty. In fact, the golden tom had encouraged his mentee to do anything and everything to win. So Nettle did. Which made her dangerous, not because of skill but because of the fact that the only thing that mattered to her was victory-victory or death, after all.

Manna Moth
    Participant

Fight me

Moonpaw’s whiskers twitched in surprise at her mentor’s bluntness. The dark tabby stood staring at her expectantly. Hesitantly Moonpaw padded up and analyzed her mentor. Obviously Nettlefrost isn’t the largest cat, but neither am I so brute strength is out of the question. She knew there was no chance of simply bowling over her mentor and instead stalked around her, looking for an opening.

Suddenly she darted in, hoping to be fast enough to hook her mentor’s paws out from under her. Her attack must have been too obvious though as Nettlefrost quickly moved out of the way with an elegant sidestep. With a lash of her tail Moonpaw whipped around and ran at the tabby, knocking her off balance and sending them both grappling.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Manna Moth.
    Anonymous

Nettlefrost felt a grumble of dissatisfaction at Moonpaw’s choice of trying to sweep her paws out.

“Tt, truly disappointing,” she murmured, tongue clicking loudly. Nettle stared at her apprentice as she came to tackle her, it didn’t take the molly long to twist out from under the other, shoving her hard in the stomach as she did so. Using her better agility as an advantage, Nettle twisted past the younger feline. Snickering, Nettle sneered, “What, couldn’t land a move better than that, darlin’?” Nettlefrost considered her options as she stalled, annoying the apprentice as her distraction to give herself time to think.

Leaping back, the tabby she-cat grinned a cheshire grin right at Moonpaw, all her arrogance that must’ve rubbed off of her from Adderface practically radiating off her. “Now, go for something better, more clever. You’ve got to use your head, Moon, and I mean that figuratively,” the dark grey molly hummed, “Or literally. Depends, wanna risk it?” Nettlefrost cocked her head in feigned curiosity, snickering under her breath.

Manna Moth
    Participant

Tail lashing in frustration she stalked around her mentor. I’ll show you just how clever I can be she thought angrily. She leaped into the air as if she were to land on her mentor’s shoulders only to feint to the side and whip around, sending a shower of sand onto her mentor. Before Nettlefrost could react she hurtled herself at the molly, bowling her over once again before she quickly sprang away and readied herself for the next attack.

She didn’t have the size yet to confidently grapple with Nettlefrost and instead decided that wearing her out would be her best course of action. She hadn’t been trained in battle yet but had heard of quick and frequent strikes to ward off badgers and figured her mentor was close enough. She narrowed her eyes as her mentor slowly rose to her paws, readying herself to avoid whatever blow was coming.

Anonymous

Frustrated, good. Nettlefrost laughed joyously when the other used the sand of the ground below them as a distraction and a weapon. Being bowled to wasn’t as fun, but Nettle was reminded of days training with Lionshadow who was both larger, stronger, and meaner than even Nettle in training. That tom had given her many bruised during training and had left a younger Nettle constantly tired (and a younger Adder constantly wary).

“That was great, but really, you should be faster,” the dark tabby chastised, as she had already leaped up in record time before surging forward and landing three hard swipes. One to the head, the other to Moonpaw’s chest which, if her claws had been out, would have left three nice gouges and the third blow was aimed at Moon’s shoulder as Nettle ducked out of striking range.

Manna Moth
    Participant

Moonpaw was thrown backwards by the blunt force of the blows. Landing roughly she quickly scrabbled to her paws. She needed to think of something else. Eyes darting around she spotted a tangle of bramble behind her mentor. She knew the sand trick wouldn’t work twice and instead decided to use her last burst of energy on a head on attack.

The black molly ran full force at Nettlefrost and leapt, pushing hard wish her front paws until her mentor was caught in the thick brambles. She quickly sent two blows to her mentor’s head with sheathed paws before backing out so she too was not caught in the bush. Moonpaw hoped this would suffice, she was still a new apprentice and lacked the stamina to ward off another flurry of attacks from the more experienced she cat.

She panted hard and crouched, eyes sharp and fixed on her mentor awaiting her next move.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Manna Moth.
    Anonymous

Nettlefrost wiggled a bit, frowned, then looked up at Moonpaw her eyes appraising the other. “That was good, but you need to assess your opponent’s energy as well as yours. I can go on for hours more but you clearly can’t,” the tabby nipped at the brambles and slipped out, a small thorn wedged deep into her paw that she popped out without a second thought. Sitting down in front of Moonpaw, her eyes studying the crimson drop forming on her paw, the molly waited. Finally, when the quivering droplet shivered one last time and slipped down the dark furred feline’s paw, Nettlefrost looked up to pin Moonpaw with her hard, glowing stare.

“It was a good idea to push me into the brambles, as that can give you enough time to land more blows, examine the situation, or-and only do this if necessary-flee the situation.” The tabby held herself up straighter, harsh gaze becoming a forest fire as she went on, “You are young and have less stamina, so that’s something you need to remember. You are less skilled, again, keep this in mind and land only the attacks you know. Trying something new or following your gut will not help, you can’t fight with your gut or you’ll soon find yourself without one, got it?” Nettlefrost hummed and thought over her next words.

“However, you seemed to think through everything. This is good. But, once again, there were many areas where you could have landed a few strikes that would have at least bought you time and conserved your energy. But I want to hear what you have to say,” Nettle smiled pleasantly, but it only felt cold from her, “Assess your own performance for me. Positives, negatives, missed opportunities, everything.”

Manna Moth
    Participant

Moonpaw sat panting, thankful for the short break her mentor was giving her. Asses myself? What’s there to asses! There’s nothing but improvement to make since this is my first training! She thought sadly. Turning her to meet Nettlefrost’s gaze she answered. “I think I need to work on my stamina like you said, and I know some of my attacks are too obvious.” Her tail flicked nervously.

“I do want to say that I’ll hopefully learn quickly with you teaching me. And if I were bigger I’d have more strength to push you farther into the brambles!”. She felt slightly comforted that she hadn’t messed everything up.Her stomach suddenly growled and she flattened her ears in embarrassment. “I don’t suppose we could learn hunting next?” She asked looked up at Nettlefrost hopefully.

Anonymous

Nodding curtly with each comment made by her apprentice, the short warrior was clearly pleased with the younger’s assessment. “Good,” she congratulated, though her tone remained cool as stone.

“Hunting?” Frowning, the tabby was clearly displeased. It was more than apparent that the warrior would rather continue the warrior training they had started. However, Nettlefrost wasn’t a complete hardass, and bowed her head to acknowledge the younger’s request.

“I suppose some hunting couldn’t hurt, besides, we need to hunt for the clan anyway.” Rising to her feet, the sturdy bodied molly nodded for the other to follow her as they travelled deeper into the forest. “Remember, the elders and queens are our first priority,” Nettle’s words were emphasized with a sharp glare, “After them, we may eat.”

Manna Moth
    Participant

“Yes Nettlefrost” she replied solemnly. She thought her mentor was pleased. Sometimes it was hard to tell with Nettlefrost but Moonpaw was happy nonetheless. She followed her mentor out of the training grounds and further into the forest. Weaving through bushes and brambles she wondered how she’d be able to hunt in all this.

Finally they came to a very wooded area and she stopped and looked around. She could hear bird calls all around and leaves rustling in the slight breeze. She could scent a mix of earth, wood, and prey and was quickly overwhelmed with the mixture. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and turned her attention to her mentor, waiting for instruction.

Anonymous

Nettlefrost studied the terrain, glancing at Moonpaw. “There’s a mouse many tail lengths from us. I’ll show you how to hunt, but after this I want you to hunt something on your own. I believe cats learn best from experience, so I’m going to need to see how you hunt.”

Turning back away, the tabby stepped forward and assessed the area. There were twigs and leaves in the way, but now that the molly had taken note of those she knew how to step softly to avoid them. Ducking into a crouch, her steps soft and soundless, Nettlefrost practically glided to her prey before stopping and bunching up her hind legs. With one dramatic push, Nettlefrost exploded forward and landed on her prey, snapping its neck before it had a chance to make a sound, much less an escape.

“Thank you, Starclan, for this prey that will feed my clan,” the dark tabby murmured before picking it up and carrying it to Moonpaw. Dropping it at her apprentice’s feet, Nettlefrost encouraged Moonpaw to stare at the snapped neck.

“I try not to snap preys’ necks so much, but it’s better than a messy bite. A messy bite may cause blood to spill, and prey nearby may smell that. Not to mention it could lure flies and all kinds of disgusting bugs.” Picking up her mouse, Nettlefrost walked over to a huge oak and buried it there.

“You’re turn.” Whipping around, Nettlefrost was quick to shove Moonpaw towards a path leading further into the woods. As they walked, the molly went on with speaking, “Hunting is an art and a game. It’s an art because it requires complete focus and it needs you to exert control over yourself. It’s a game because, as important as your nose, ears, eyes, and movements are, your brain is just as important. It’s not enough to be able to go through the motions if you don’t try to use a bit of strategy, as well.”

Manna Moth
    Participant

Moonpaw nodded to her mentor, trying to remember exactly how Nettlefrost had crouched before catching the mouse. She padded silently towards a thick clump of ferns before parting her jaws and tasting the air. The scent of a pigeon filled her scent glands and she heard it shuffling a few heartbeats later. She looked to her mentor and flicked her ears to the older molly before getting a nod in return.

She slid into a hunting crouch, taking a moment to readjust her paws before creeping stealthily towards her prey. Paws light, ears open she reminded herself. Finally she was close enough and fixed her gaze on a fairly plump birb pecking lazily at the ground. It had yet to see her and she made sure she was downwind before leaping. The pigeon noticed her a heartbeat too late and she was able to slam it down in a flurry of feathers before giving it a quick killing bite, being sure to keep it neat like Nettlefrost instructed.

The catch was a bit sloppy but the birb hadn’t sounded an alarm and she was proud of the weight of it as she brought it back to the molly, her tail held high. “I did it! My first catch!” She beamed happily.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Territory Oak Forest Fight me. Yes, I'm being serious. (Closed RP) [Moon & Nettle]