Family Time (Stagpelt, Fawnkit and Birchkit)

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Family Time (Stagpelt, Fawnkit and Birchkit)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fadingrose
    Participant

A very light brown tom walked out of the nursery as the tom was looking for any sight of his father or sister. As his glaze scanned the clearing, soft paw steps went over to a shadowy area of Thunderclan as the kit sat back onto his hind legs. The chirps of birds could be heard from the trees from afar as a soft breeze came though the camp on the sunny day. Birchkit was usually always found near his sister though he left the nursery earlier so he could clear his mind as he liked the morning breeze. A few moments passed as the toms family hasn’t exited the nursery yet as he got off his hind legs and padded towards the entrance to the den as he poked his head inside to see if he could find any sight of his family inside the den.

A small huff left the tom as he went into a laying position as he wrapped his tail around his body, covering his paws. The kit seemed like he was sleeping though he was listening to his soundings. His ear moved to the direction of the nursery whenever he heard movement as the tom would open one eye to see if anyone was exiting or trying to sneak up on him.

Pheebs
    Participant

Fawnkit snickered, amber eyes were bright with mischief. ‘Mouse brain.’ Fawnkit had woken early, pretending to sleep as her brother’s familiar warmth left her side. She’d considered following him, as that’s what she always did. Anyone who saw Birchkit and Fawnkit separated either thought they were arguing or something terrible had happened. Like the end of the world. On this particular morning, Fawn was willing to let her brother go without a fuss, as it was all part of her plan.

Sitting up slowly as to not disturb her father, the brown-furred molly slipped from the nest and wove past sleeping queens and kits. A moon ago she’d found a small hole in the den and through dedication (and boredom) she’d dug out a nice sized tunnel beneath the Nursery walls that led to the outside. With some effort Fawnkit wiggled through and out, trotting slowly around the den and stopping when Birchkit came into view. Crouching down, Fawn smothered another stream of laughter before it could give her away, determined to pay Birchkit back for the time he’d dropped from a high boulder and scaring the daylights out of her. 

“RAWR!” She cried, ramming into the greyish brown tom-kit with full force. They tumbled onto the ground, Fawnkit scrambling to be on top. After a small scuffle, she managed to right herself, sitting on top of her brother’s back and looking triumphant. “Payback for scaring me yesterday,” Fawn sneered, though her smile softened the words that’d been spat out in jest.

SoliloquySilver
    Participant

Stagpelt knew that his kits had wandered out, the little ones hadn’t yet learned the ways of sneaking out without detection. It was quite endearing, if he was being honest. The brown tom lifted his head once his daughter was out of sight, waiting patiently for his cue. ‘Three, two, one…’ After a few moments of silence, the sound of squealing kits filled the morning air. ‘…And there it is,’ He thought to himself, letting out a small mrrow of amusement as he rose to his paws. He stretched out, mumbled his ‘good morning’s to the queens, and headed outside, wondering what the little ones would get up to today.

As the large tom crossed the threshold into the clearing, he couldn’t help but cast a glance back at the queens with their kits. Fawnkit and Birchkit would never have that, and his heart ached for them. Their mother, Lilybreeze, passed away just minutes after their birth, and for the first couple moons of their lives, the other queens took care of them, but none of them officially offered to take the kits in. So Stagpelt moved into the nursery to make sure his kits were safe and warm at night. The tom sighed softly, whiskers twitching as Lilybreeze’s face lingered in his mind. He missed her, sure, but… he wasn’t sad. Not as sad as he felt he should be, at least. He’d seen other toms be absolutely destroyed after losing their mates, but he just didn’t feel that way. It felt more like he’d lost a friend, not someone he loved enough to have kits with. It was strange, and he felt bad about it, but he didn’t know who he could talk to. Surely he would sound cold, insensitive, or even downright heartless to any other cat. Was there something wrong with him? He shook the thought away. He could think more on it later when he was alone. For now, he needed to be focused on the little furballs tussling in the dust.

“Isn’t it a little early to be fighting?” he asked easily, smirking down at the kits as his tail twitched. The appendage had once been long and plumed, but it was now a simple stump due to an accident that occurred years ago, before he had even met Lilybreeze. “I’m going to get us some breakfast, try not to squash your brother while I’m gone, Fawnkit.” He teased gently, rasping his tongue over his kits’ foreheads before stepping over them and making his way to the fresh-kill pile. Typically he wouldn’t eat until later in the day, but since moving into the nursery, he had begun eating whenever they ate. Once they were apprenticed, he would definitely need to put in some extra patrol hours to work off the weight he had gained taking care of them. He chuckled a bit as he picked out a squirrel for himself and two mice for the little ones. Some queens had recommended that he make the kits share one mouse, but he didn’t exactly want to deal with one accusing the other of getting more of the prey. He figured that at four moons they would both be able to finish a full mouse.

Satisfied with his choices, he trotted back over to his family, purring happily. “Eat up!” He mewled, passing out the mice before settling down with his squirrel. “So,” He began, taking a bite of his meal. “What will you two be getting up to today?”

Fadingrose
    Participant

A squeak came from him as Fawnkit knocked into him. Birchkit started fighting with his sister, after a while of fighting birchkit let his sister win and get ontop of him to claim her ‘victory.’ “Payback? You didn’t really scare me, looks like I’m the better one at scaring.” He chuckled as he grinned lightly at his sister. As the sound of paw steps grew closer he looked up at his father stagpelt as he listened to him as he spoke. “It’s never too early to fight!” He argued as he responded to him.

As stagpelt told his sister to not squish her brother he glanced at her in the corner of his eye. When stagpelt turned away to the Fresh kill he pushed his sister off them she was distracted then held her down so she couldn’t get back up as payback. When he noticed stagpelt starting to walk back he got off of his sister, Fawnkit. Birchkit picked up one of the mice as he padded next to his father as he sat down on his hind legs then went into a comfortable laying position. As he dropped the mouse in front of his paws as he took a small bite out of it. When he finished eating the price that he looked up at his father and purred lightly “thank you for breakfast dad.”

“hmmm.. I’m not entirely sure, I haven’t really thought about it honestly.” He meowed a responce at him as he glanced back over at his sister with his yellow eyes. “Why  does Fawnkit follow me everywhere?” He turned his head back to his father as he didn’t entirely know why she did, it was annoying at times though.

Pheebs
    Participant

Fawnkit scowled when Birchkit managed to get on top of her, irritation written like a scar on her face. Before she had the chance to shove him off, though, he’d scampered away to Stagpelt. Perking up at the sight of a mouse, the kit scrambled to her feet and bounded over. “I dunno, we could go see the elders again?” The brown-furred molly offered, adding a hurried ‘thank you’ right after Birchkit’s. Pulling her own mouse close and savoring each bite, Fawnkit took a bit longer with her food, enjoying the taste and soaking up the warmth of the early morning light.

Ears twitching at her brother’s words, Fawnkit resisted the strong compulsion to pout. “‘Cause I’m looking out for you, mousebrain.” The words were spat out, anger laced in the words but hinting at her hurt feelings. “Why are you so bossy all the time, huh?” Fawnkit would like to say this is the first time they’ve had this argument, but honestly, this was probably the third or fourth argument the two of them had had over her clinginess and Birchkit’s bossiness.

“Maybe I’m trying to make sure you don’t get your precious paws in a mess that you can’t handle by yourself, hm?” If her bristling fur was any indication, the kit was clearly upset. The dark cloud of agitation settling over her features like a second fur as she silently finished the rest of her mouse. If I had any friends I’d be with them… they’d appreciate my ‘clinginess’. Fawnkit never really understood why she’d never tried to befriend other kits, perhaps too busy shadowing her brother. Every time the idea of making friends came to her she pushed it away and treated it like crowfood, the idea of making friends and detaching herself from her brother repulsive. At that very moment, she would give anything to be with a friend. You’re getting over-emotional, she fussed to herself. Fawnkit knew she had a tendency to be too loud, too emotional, too much. It wasn’t her fault, though, she didn’t think her brother or father was like that. Did I get it from mom? And that thought simply led to a mess of other thoughts…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Pheebs.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums ThunderClan ThunderClan Camp Family Time (Stagpelt, Fawnkit and Birchkit)